PDA

View Full Version : Argentina takes "gay rights" to the next step

tailfins
05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/argentina-makes-sex-change-surgery-legal-16316445#.T6wfTcXUxm4

But if parents or guardians want a gender identity change and don't have the child's consent, then a judge must intervene to ensure the child's rights are protected.

Apparently, if the parents have a friend on the bench, they can change gender on a child against that child's will. How many of you bet there will be someone adopting as many children as possible so they can change the gender?

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
The topic of transgender children is much more complicated than your little sound bite.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I pity the poor transgendered. They're fucked in the head. Stick them in a hospital and try and fix them first.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Your "pity" is not helpful. Imagine what it would feel like to think you were born in the wrong gender.

Some children are genetically ambivalent in regard to gender. That means parents have to decide which gender to raise their child, and sometimes they make the wrong call.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Your "pity" is not helpful. Imagine what it would feel like to think you were born in the wrong gender.

Then I would hope a responsible parent would seek help and/or therapy for the sick child.

Some children are genetically ambivalent in regard to gender. That means parents have to decide which gender to raise their child, and sometimes they make the wrong call.

It's easy, look down their pants. I don't believe this shit for a minute about being born in the wrong body, and no, I don't give a flying shit if you like that or not.

tailfins
05-10-2012, 04:03 PM

They must be pretty dumb parents. Even an ox can make the right call.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Then I would hope a responsible parent would seek help and/or therapy for the sick child.

It's easy, look down their pants. I don't believe this shit for a minute about being born in the wrong body, and no, I don't give a flying shit if you like that or not.

Nope. Some kids have both. I've had my own problems trying to understand transgendered people.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
They must be pretty dumb parents. Even an ox can make the right call.

I saw a documentary. Some kids have both, they can go either way. They have to decide when their children are infants because surgery is required. They sometimes make the wrong choice.

How typical of you to criticize the parents of transgender kids.

Noir
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Gender identity is not a legal identity.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Gender identity is not a legal identity.

Getting a passport is a nightmare.

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM

LOL! Assuming you meant this humorously!

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:20 PM
LOL! Assuming you meant this humorously!

No.

Kathianne
05-10-2012, 05:21 PM
No.

Then consider the rep a $2 dollar bill you found in a parking lot.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Then consider the rep a $2 dollar bill you found in a parking lot.
OK.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 05:41 PM
They should only get a passport to the nearest medical center to be evaluated for what psychiatric treatment might best suit them.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:44 PM
They should only get a passport to the nearest medical center to be evaluated for what psychiatric treatment might best suit them.

You're very judgmental. Some transgendered people are well adjusted.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 05:48 PM
You're very judgmental. Some transgendered people are well adjusted.

Yes, I sure as hell am. I don't want yet another thing like this being continually tossed in our faces and society being told it's "normal". It's NOT normal and I'm tired of being told I must accept things.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Yes, I sure as hell am. I don't want yet another thing like this being continually tossed in our faces and society being told it's "normal". It's NOT normal and I'm tired of being told I must accept things.

Good for you. Own that prejudice. Don't change. Don't open up to other human beings.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Good for you. Own that prejudice. Don't change. Don't open up to other human beings.

I own it loudly and proudly. I won't lose a wink of sleep if all the fucking cross dressers and transgendered wackos disowned me.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
I own it loudly and proudly. I won't lose a wink of sleep if all the fucking cross dressers and transgendered wackos disowned me.

Believe me, they feel the same way about you. Transgender is one of the more challenging prejudices I've struggled with. Even after I "came out". It is VERY weird and different.

jimnyc
05-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Believe me, they feel the same way about you. Transgender is one of the more challenging prejudices I've struggled with. Even after I "came out". It is VERY weird and different.

I don't accept transgendered and couldn't give a 1/2 a shit if they even acknowledge my existence.

Wind Song
05-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't accept transgendered and couldn't give a 1/2 a shit if they even acknowledge my existence.

You should have been there when I was Career Development Coordinator for a college and one of my graduates showed up asking for job search assistance in full drag. This was NOT a man who could easily pass himself off as a woman.

I really had to look at my shit, my prejudice. AND there was NO place I could send her for a job representing our college.

tailfins
05-10-2012, 07:35 PM
You should have been there when I was Career Development Coordinator for a college and one of my graduates showed up asking for job search assistance in full drag. This was NOT a man who could easily pass himself off as a woman.

I really had to look at my shit, my prejudice. AND there was NO place I could send her for a job representing our college.

Apparently where I live is more tolerant than where you live. He could have gotten a job here. Then again, I live in Barney Frank's Congressional district. The transsexual and the fundamentalist can live in the same community when almost no one socializes. It's kind of interesting, really.

Thunderknuckles
05-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Imagine what it would feel like to think you were born in the wrong gender.
No one is born into the wrong gender. You are genetically engineered to be one or the other with all of the supporting chemicals and hormones.
It is exactly as you say, people born into the wrong gender only think they are.

logroller
05-11-2012, 06:25 AM

What does the doctor say, "congratulations. It's a...uh...tough call"

Anybody got a coin...heads its a boy! Is that sexist? Tails it's a boy then.

logroller
05-11-2012, 06:29 AM

My mom told me she couldn't get a job in the engineering field when she was in college; nor could she wear pants...skirts and dresses only.