PDA

View Full Version : Chinese taking over some US bank branches

SassyLady
05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Boy! Did this slip under the radar, or what?

Lawmakers stay largely silent over Chinese takeover of US bank branches

By Julian Pecquet - 05/13/12 05:50 AM ET
U.S. lawmakers have been unusually silent about federal regulators' decision to allow a Chinese bank to take over 13 bank branches in New York and California, suggesting that they think American banks have much to gain.
Members of both parties usually relish the chance to bash China on everything from government subsidies to the yuan's exchange rate. Yet Wednesday's decision by the Federal Reserve to certify a Chinese bank acquisition for the first time was met by near-universal silence.

Scott Talbott, the head lobbyist for the Financial Services Roundtable, said that's unsurprising. The U.S. wants China to open up its financial services market – foreign ownership of Chinese banks is limited to 25 percent – and allowing a Chinese presence in the U.S. is seen as a necessary trade-off.“What this boils down to is that there are a ton more potential customers in China for U.S. banks than there are potential customers for the Chinese here,” Talbott said. “So in the long run, the approval is going to benefit the U.S.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/asia-pacific/227035-lawmakers-largely-silent-on-chinese-takeover-of-us-bank-branches

fj1200
05-13-2012, 09:49 PM
There is plenty of foreign ownership of US banks. Why should the Chinese be different?

SassyLady
05-13-2012, 10:41 PM
There is plenty of foreign ownership of US banks. Why should the Chinese be different?

Just wondering what we will receive in return.

logroller
05-14-2012, 03:25 AM

Continued financing of our ever-growing public debt.

fj1200
05-14-2012, 09:45 AM

Sometimes the best country in the world just needs to lead. We don't need another story like that ridiculous Dubai ports deal from a few years back.

Wind Song
05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
I've heard that about five corporations own all the Western countries in the world. I'm waiting to get this DVD that is being circulated among my friends. I'll let you know more as I learn more.

fj1200
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
^And this video is nowhere on the internet?

jimnyc
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't know which one, but as I recall there is a foreign entity that owns a highway in Pennsylvania. Or maybe it fell through. Similar to what FJ stated about the ports. I guess everything is for sale - for a price!

jimnyc
05-14-2012, 10:57 AM

Or maybe a link somewhere showing that in fact the DVD is legit? I call baloney on this too... No that WS is lying, but someone is lying or deceiving her.

Wind Song
05-14-2012, 10:58 AM

I go to Feldenkrais class once a week on Thursdays. The DVD is being circulated among class members. I don't recall the name of it at this moment.

Wind Song
05-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Or maybe a link somewhere showing that in fact the DVD is legit? I call baloney on this too... No that WS is lying, but someone is lying or deceiving her.

Fuck you Jim. No one is lying to me. Let me see for myself and I'll get back to you. Consider whether you really think this Presidential election will mean anything for our country. Big money, big corporate money elects Presidents.

IMO, the Presidents are OWNED.

fj1200
05-14-2012, 11:00 AM

She hasn't seen the DVD yet, just that it's out there. Don't go all rev on her yet. :poke: :laugh:

jimnyc
05-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Fuck you Jim. No one is lying to me. Let me see for myself and I'll get back to you.

Why the language? Let this serve as an example as to where liberals have issues. What you said simply isn't true, even though you believe there is a DVD out there stating otherwise. If it were true, it would be MORE than easily found and proven on the 'net.

Thanks for AGAIN proving your points are way off base about how conservatives here treat liberals. You AGAIN proved that we are reasonable and post facts, and liberals are very emotional and almost always start the trouble that they receive.

tailfins
05-14-2012, 11:22 AM
I've heard that about five corporations own all the Western countries in the world. I'm waiting to get this DVD that is being circulated among my friends. I'll let you know more as I learn more.

After you get the DVD, I predict an abundant supply of Ron Paul for President mailers will find their way to your mailbox.

Noir
05-14-2012, 11:30 AM
After the 'there are no nations only corporations' speech in 'Network' I don't know what to make of these kinda deals or their resultant ramifications which may be decades away.

ConHog
05-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Fuck you Jim. No one is lying to me. Let me see for myself and I'll get back to you. Consider whether you really think this Presidential election will mean anything for our country. Big money, big corporate money elects Presidents.

An over reaction and irrelevance all in one post. Good job Dorothy.

tailfins
05-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Why the language? Let this serve as an example as to where liberals have issues. What you said simply isn't true, even though you believe there is a DVD out there stating otherwise. If it were true, it would be MORE than easily found and proven on the 'net.

Thanks for AGAIN proving your points are way off base about how conservatives here treat liberals. You AGAIN proved that we are reasonable and post facts, and liberals are very emotional and almost always start the trouble that they receive.

Try posting on RedState.com and see how nice THOSE conservatives are to liberals. They busted my nuts just for being an early Romney supporter. I think he took it down, but Erick Erickson even put up a post that he would prefer see Obama re-elected to a Romney victory empowering moderates.

ConHog
05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Try posting on RedState.com and see how nice THOSE conservatives are to liberals. They busted my nuts just for being an early Romney supporter. I think he took it down, but Erick Erickson even put up a post that he would prefer see Obama re-elected to a Romney victory empowering moderates.

Never heard of that site, but I got $1 says Red States Rule is posting over there. :lol:

I have to admit I would like to witness an encounter betweeen him and Dorothy. Talk about classic.

logroller
05-14-2012, 12:15 PM
The pentaverate ---

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEwQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlI_ 0-kz4lR0&ei=VD2xT-r-B8qsiQLR-viXBA&usg=AFQjCNF1qbBc3u0OaTveyt7CtpcolNx-UQ

fj1200
05-14-2012, 01:08 PM

So you went from "waiting to get the DVD" to the "Presidents are OWNED" in 4 minutes? :rolleyes:

tailfins
05-14-2012, 01:28 PM
So you went from "waiting to get the DVD" to the "Presidents are OWNED" in 4 minutes? :rolleyes:

That sounds like a four minute mile.

jimnyc
05-14-2012, 01:55 PM
An over reaction and irrelevance all in one post. Good job Dorothy.

And before long it will change to "we are chasing her away".

jimnyc
05-14-2012, 01:57 PM

I'll never understand the reasoning of some. We very rarely, if ever, moderate here. And when we do, we are very light about it, and even reverse the "bans" 99% of the time. Some members I know have been banned like 60x. One was permanently banned like 20x! LOL

So basically, we are big and bad, and biased, and mean - because we don't agree with the liberals who come here. We talk too much apparently. :rolleyes:

ConHog
05-14-2012, 02:39 PM
I'll never understand the reasoning of some. We very rarely, if ever, moderate here. And when we do, we are very light about it, and even reverse the "bans" 99% of the time. Some members I know have been banned like 60x. One was permanently banned like 20x! LOL

So basically, we are big and bad, and biased, and mean - because we don't agree with the liberals who come here. We talk too much apparently. :rolleyes:

and as I've tried to tell her before the biggest asshole who ever posted here who is universally reviled is a conservative anyway. lol

logroller
05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
and as I've tried to tell her before the biggest asshole who ever posted here who is universally reviled is a conservative anyway. lol
I'm not conservative; why do hate men so much?;)

tailfins
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm not conservative; why do hate men so much?;)

I don't think anyone here can help you with why you hate men so much. That might be a topic for your shrink. Maybe you have been listening to Dottie too long.

logroller
05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't think anyone here can help you with why you hate men so much. That might be a topic for your shrink. Maybe you have been listening to Dottie too long.

Well, I was kidding of course; but what the hell... Im doing the best that I can.
Going to a shrink would mean I believe there's room for improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itb6uNL_3ag

Wind Song
05-14-2012, 04:21 PM
She hasn't seen the DVD yet, just that it's out there. Don't go all rev on her yet. :poke: :laugh:

That was decent of you.

jimnyc
05-14-2012, 04:27 PM

And we even still let you post here! :coffee:

Kathianne
05-14-2012, 04:46 PM
And we even still let you post here! :coffee:
Yea. He's not conservative, either.

logroller
05-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Yea. He's not conservative, either.
He's downright flamboyant.

Kathianne
05-14-2012, 06:02 PM
He's downright flamboyant.

flameboyant, good one!

ConHog
05-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Oh another thread turns into a Conhog bash.

you fuckers are so jealous.

Well Kath isn't cuz her dick is bigger than mine, but the rest of you are.

logroller
05-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh another thread turns into a Conhog bash.

Uh oh WS; looks like you've got a challenger for the resident victim.