PDA

View Full Version : Oregon mother, daughter reportedly sued for writing bad reviews of church

tailfins
05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/14/oregon-mother-daughter-reportedly-sued-for-writing-bad-reviews-church-online/

BAD REPORTING

On one, he blasts the late televangelist the Rev. Robert Schuller, saying his book ...

Robert Schuller is still alive.

jimnyc
05-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow, $500,000 for a bad review of a Church? They would make BILLIONS from the reviews of the Catholic Church from some members here! :lol:

Let that be a lesson to you atheists, be nice!!

logroller
05-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Wow, $500,000 for a bad review of a Church? They would make BILLIONS from the reviews of the Catholic Church from some members here! :lol:

Let that be a lesson to you atheists, be nice!!

Hey Jim, you outta sue for a kagillion rupies...you've the same odds of being awarded that by a court. I think the church is trying to get them to take down the reviews...but I doubt google gives a shit. They could drag out a lawsuit for years and bankrupt the church; and even if they do lose, what's half a million to google. They'd probably make that in click-throughs before anything was settled.

05-15-2012, 01:22 AM
I can't imagine this is going to be an easy suit for the pastor. He's a public figure. He has to prove malice. And he has to prove that the woman's view is untrue.

logroller
05-15-2012, 02:23 AM
I can't imagine this is going to be an easy suit for the pastor. He's a public figure. He has to prove malice. And he has to prove that the woman's view is untrue.
No doubt as the suit heats up, it would be in poor taste to serve the congregation punch.

05-15-2012, 11:39 PM
No doubt as the suit heats up, it would be in poor taste to serve the congregation punch.

Yeah. That doesn't make much sense. I know what you're alluding to, but it just doesnt make much sense.