PDA

View Full Version : FDA about to approve home HIV testing.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:14 AM
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/05/15/fda-panel-to-consider-at-home-hiv-test

I think it's a good idea that's long overdue.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Queer medicine!

I have a grand idea - how about not engaging in sexual activities that put you at risk for AIDS? Imagine that!

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Straight people get HIV. Lot's of them do. Children are affected.

Get your head out of the sand, Jim. You fucking queer hater. AIDS is not a queer disease. HIV worldwide is largely transmitted by heterosexual intercourse.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 10:29 AM

Get your head out of the sand, Jim. You fucking queer hater. AIDS is not a queer disease.

If queers never existed, there might have been a handful of cases over the years. It all started with queers, was compounded by queers, and now so many others get afflicted as a result.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:30 AM
If queers never existed, there might have been a handful of cases over the years. It all started with queers, was compounded by queers, and now so many others get afflicted as a result.

You don't know shit about HIV. There are various theories of how it arose. You're so hateful of queers that you blame us for everything. If AIDS is some kind of punishment for being gay why don't lesbians get it?

It came out of Africa. It was from chimps. It appears to have crossed species during hunting.

In his book, The River, the journalist Edward Hooper suggests that HIV can be traced to the testing of an oral polio vaccine called Chat, given to about a million people in the Belgian Congo, Ruanda and Urundi in the late 1950s. To be reproduced, live polio vaccine needs to be cultivated in living tissue, and Hooper's belief is that Chat was grown in kidney cells taken from local chimps infected with SIVcmz. This, he claims, would have resulted in the contamination of the vaccine with chimp SIV, and a large number of people subsequently becoming infected with HIV-1.5 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#ref4) http://www.avert.org/origin-aids-hiv.htm

Your continued hostility toward all gay people is noted.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 10:31 AM
You don't know shit about HIV. It came out of Africa.

Yes, from someone fucking monkeys in the ass. And then it was passed along.

Trigg
05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/05/15/fda-panel-to-consider-at-home-hiv-test

The big problem I see with this is the error rate, false negatives.

The lawyers would soon be all over which ever drug company launched this test.

tailfins
05-15-2012, 10:33 AM

Get your head out of the sand, Jim. You trucking queer hater. AIDS is not a queer disease.

You would save yourself tons of grief if you learned to not give things you don't like the time of day. I see so many topics where you miss the message that saying nothing sends. I would even extend this to confronting people who have abused you earlier in life. If you touch a turd, your hands will stink. When I first moved to probably the most left wing city in one of the most left wing states in the union, I learned to simply not acknowledge things I don't like. You should try it.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Yes, from someone fucking monkeys in the ass. And then it was passed along.

Oh, I didn't know someone fucked you in the ass. How was it? Fun, huh.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 10:37 AM
You would save yourself tons of grief if you learned to not give things you don't like the time of day. I see so many topics where you miss the message that saying nothing sends. I would even extend this to confronting people who have abused you earlier in life. If you touch a turd, your hands will stink. When I first moved to probably the most left wing city in one of the most left wing states in the union, I learned to simply not acknowledge things I don't like. You should try it.

You would save yourself lots of typing if you didn't try to befriend someone who wants no friends, and help make a victim of someone dying to become a victim. She's already stated what she thinks of you in the past. She'll like you now for "defending" her. Then when you tell her in another thread that you're really not a fan of homosexuality or gay marriage, she'll revert right back to hating you again. Oh, and making stuff up if it suits her.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:37 AM

Yes. Thank you for your friendship.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh, I didn't know someone fucked you in the ass. How was it? Fun, huh.

Nope, I abhor queer sex. But the queers don't, that's why when their perversion isn't fully available, I suppose a monkey will do.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Some people are concerned about home HIV tests. The same arguments were once voiced about home pregnancy kits. That you don't get counseling when you get your test results.

More people will test and will know whether they need treatment or not. HIV is now a chronic disease that you can live with for many years.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 10:52 AM
And how long before gays and others demand these tests to be free? And demand they be covered by insurance?

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Won't it be great for ALL sexually active adults to be able to pick up a home HIV test and know if they're still safe.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Won't it be great for ALL sexually active adults to be able to pick up a home HIV test and know if they're still safe.

Whatever an adult wants to do with THEIR money, and it's within the law, enjoy!

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 12:07 PM
If people are going to have unprotected sex, they ought to keep these tests in their medicine cabinet.

Trigg
05-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Some people are concerned about home HIV tests. The same arguments were once voiced about home pregnancy kits. That you don't get counseling when you get your test results.

More people will test and will know whether they need treatment or not. HIV is now a chronic disease that you can live with for many years.

There is HUGE glairing differenct between the two tests. One isn't a death sentence.

Presumably a person would take a test in front of another and, depending on the results of the test, decide to have unprotected sex.

The lawyers will come in and sue the shit out of the company for false negatives as soon as a person presents with the argument that they had unprotected sex and got HIV because the test was faulty.

fj1200
05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
One isn't a death sentence.

Some consider both of them as punishment. :poke:

Trigg
05-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Some consider both of them as punishment. :poke:

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

babies are soooooo cute though.

teenagers, now there is a punishment :laugh:

tailfins
05-15-2012, 12:42 PM
You would save yourself lots of typing if you didn't try to befriend someone who wants no friends, and help make a victim of someone dying to become a victim. She's already stated what she thinks of you in the past. She'll like you now for "defending" her. Then when you tell her in another thread that you're really not a fan of homosexuality or gay marriage, she'll revert right back to hating you again. Oh, and making stuff up if it suits her.

It's not a matter of befriending. Think of it as yelling at somebody to get away from the platform because the train is coming. It's just being a good citizen. Remember, when people get in a pissing contest, everybody gets wet. My mindset comes from decades in the corporate environment.

The lawyers will come in and sue the shit out of the company for false negatives as soon as a person presents with the argument that they had unprotected sex and got HIV because the test was faulty.

That's what disclaimers are for.

logroller
05-15-2012, 12:52 PM

I still think having a counselor there when the results are given is indispensable. The article compares hIV to pregnancy tests...as though pregnancy and HIV are comparably similar.:rolleyes:

logroller
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
If people are going to have unprotected sex, they ought to keep these tests in their medicine cabinet.

Yea, it'll be like foreplay.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-15-2012, 01:02 PM

And more easily avoid any reporting requirements that might protect others from getting it from them, I suppose.:rolleyes:

05-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Doesnt matter what your sexual preference is, this has to be one of the most easily avoided diseases that ever existed. But then all STDs are easily avoidable.

Unfortunately, people dont really know better.

SassyLady
05-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Doesnt matter what your sexual preference is, this has to be one of the most easily avoided diseases that ever existed. But then all STDs are easily avoidable.

Unfortunately, people dont really know better.

They know; they just don't care.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
They know; they just don't care.

Who doesn't care? Who are you blaming STD's on?

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 10:29 AM
And more easily avoid any reporting requirements that might protect others from getting it from them, I suppose.:rolleyes:
That's an extremely cynical view.

darin
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Who doesn't care? Who are you blaming STD's on?

Promiscuous people spread STDs. (shrug). They'd rather hump than not.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Promiscuous people spread STDs. (shrug). They'd rather hump than not.

Yes, and hets are just as capable of being irresponsible as queers. However, gay men as a group have a higher incidence of STD's than straights or women.
http://www.bilerico.com/2010/03/us_gay_mens_astonishing_hivstd_rates.php

ConHog
05-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes, and hets are just as capable of being irresponsible as queers. However, gay men as a group have a higher incidence of STD's than straights or women.
http://www.bilerico.com/2010/03/us_gay_mens_astonishing_hivstd_rates.php

The absence of the word gay in Abbey's comments , or DMP's response indicates that they weren't limiting their remarks to JUST gays. Once again you see what you want to see.

The burn on Jim about being the monkey that got fucked in the ass was funny though.:laugh:

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 03:28 PM
The absence of the word gay in Abbey's comments , or DMP's response indicates that they weren't limiting their remarks to JUST gays. Once again you see what you want to see.

The burn on Jim about being the monkey that got fucked in the ass was funny though.:laugh:

The people with the LEAST amount of STD's are LESBIANS!

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 03:55 PM
The people with the LEAST amount of STD's are LESBIANS!

In your opinion, why do you think that is?

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Because lesbian women tend to be in long term relationships for one thing. Even single lesbians tend toward serial monogamy. One affair at a time.

The other is that some of the practices that het and gay men engage in, that are high risk, we don't.

It ws a big joke in the gay community that lesbians who are the least likely to get HIV were using dental dams in complete paranoia and hyperresponsibility.

logroller
05-17-2012, 03:58 PM

They have the least sex.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:00 PM
They have the least sex.

That's totally off. Another lie by a jealous het.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
They have the least sex.

I think he's correct, and not a lie. Lesbians don't engage in sexual intercourse. Without sexual intercourse or anal sex, your odds of catching an STD or aids reduce dramatically.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Prove it.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I think he's correct, and not a lie. Lesbians don't engage in sexual intercourse. Without sexual intercourse or anal sex, your odds of catching an STD or aids reduce dramatically.

You don't know what we do.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Enlighten us. Ever scissored? ;)

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 04:06 PM

I give up. I was trying to have a civil discussion. You have to get edgy all the time. Even heteros, if not engaging in intercourse or anal sex, have a less chance. There was no harm with my post and I was simply addressing the facts. THIS is why I can't post with you and made a mistake trying again. The most benign of statements you tend to twist somehow.

For others, they know I'm right. Abstinence from ANY sexual activity will lower the chances. Lesbianism, for lack of a better description, is most certainly a form of abstinence. You're correct, I have no idea what you do, nor do I want to know. But most lesbians don't and cannot engage in sexual intercourse, as their partner doesn't have a tool to do so.

Enjoy ignoring people.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I give up. Enjoy ignoring people.

So be it. I'll add you to the list.

You're quite a prude.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Enlighten us. Ever scissored? ;)

I'll be perfectly honest. This isn't a conversation I'm willing to have with you.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:15 PM
I'll be perfectly honest. This isn't a conversation I'm willing to have with you.

:shrug: then leave me to hold my own opinions, rather than call me a lier who's jealous of what I don't know you do.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:16 PM
:shrug: then leave me to hold my own opinions, rather than call me a lier who doesn't know what you do.

You don't know what we do and I'm not going to tell you either.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Now who's being a prude?

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Now who's being a prude?
Get real. I already get accused of putting school children at risk and you expect me to talk about sex on this forum?

No way.

The fundies would freak.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Get real. I already get accused of putting school children at risk and you expect me to talk about sex on this forum?

No way.
You've just nothing to say about the subject.... Because lesbians don't have sex.:poke:

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
You've just nothing to say about the subject.... Because lesbians don't have sex.:poke:

Be sure and tell all the lezzie haters who post here that. Put their minds at ease. I'm willing to keep my closed guarded secrets.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Don't engage in risky sex and your chances of contracting AIDS go WAY WAY WAY down. Don't have anal sex and your chances go WAY down. Don't have sex without protection and your chances go WAY down. Simple concepts that are abused more and more. Oh well.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't engage in risky sex and your chances of contracting AIDS go WAY WAY WAY down. Don't have anal sex and your chances go WAY down. Don't have sex without protection and your chances go WAY down. Simple concepts that are abused more and more. Oh well.

Use condoms if you're going to engage in risky behavior and you're a gay man or a het. Use gloves.

Have fun but be careful.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Be sure and tell all the lezzie haters who post here that. Put their minds at ease. I'm willing to keep my closed guarded secrets.
They already know-- it's common knowledge. No dick= no sex. That's not a very closely guarded secret.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:29 PM
They already know-- it's common knowledge. No dick= no sex. That's not a vey closely guarded secret.

Please make sure all the Christians here know that lesbians don't have sex.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Use condoms if you're going to engage in risky behavior and you're a gay man or a het. Use gloves.

Have fun but be careful.

So you use gloves--what color?

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Blue.(jk)

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Please make sure all the Christians here know that lesbians don't have sex.

I think they already know-- the bible specifically mentions a man laying with another man.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I think they already know-- the bible specifically mentions a man laying with another man.
Good, now tell dmp to get off my case.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Gloves? Damn, if I felt I needed to use gloves with whomever I was with, I think I would be nervous and just avoid altogether.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Blue.(jk)

Blue is nice. I like the purple ones myself. I've a fetish for he black ones though; alas, just in my fantasies.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Blue is nice. I like the purple ones myself. I've a fetish for he black ones though; alas, just in my fantasies.
I've never seen black ones.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Gloves? Damn, if I felt I needed to use gloves with whomever I was with, I think I would be nervous and just avoid altogether.
No glove; no love. I always where gloves when I'm hammering; prevents chaffing.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 04:37 PM

Imagine you're out at the bar, you meet a nice lady, things get going pretty well, they heat up, and you bring her home for a coffee or glass of wine. Things go to another level, you hit the bedroom, and then she whips out gloves and puts them on! I know I'd be like WTF? What are you going to do, give me a prostate exam? And then my ass is running! :lol:

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Imagine you're out at the bar, you meet a nice lady, things get going pretty well, they heat up, and you bring her home for a coffee or glass of wine. Things go to another level, you hit the bedroom, and then she whips out gloves and puts them on! I know I'd be like WTF? What are you going to do, give me a prostate exam? And then my ass is running! :lol:

She'd be after your ass.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM

You guys referring to condoms as gloves, or literally gloves? I assumed the latter, as I can't see much of a reason for lesbians to use condoms.

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM

Dang. Now I know was SL was talking about with you.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:40 PM
I've never seen black ones.

Google it. I'd post a pic, but it's a pain on my phone.

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Prostate milking...don't knock it till you've tried it.:laugh2:

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:44 PM
You guys referring to condoms as gloves, or literally gloves? I assumed the latter, as I can't see much of a reason for lesbians to use condoms.
Both neither ... Teabagging is the next subject. Politically speaking

logroller
05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
^guess that's a show stopper. Send in the clowns.:laugh2:

ConHog
05-17-2012, 05:14 PM

Admittedly , I don't knw what you do, but I do know what you DON'T do, and that is why lesbians have less instances of STDs then any other group. That's a fact, not hatred or jealousy.

logroller
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
If that is anything like when my nose is running, I'd wear gloves too.

ConHog
05-17-2012, 07:04 PM
By the way Windy should be made aware that there IS a group that has a lower percentage of STDs than Lesbians.

Virgins

logroller
05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
By the way Windy should be made aware that there IS a group that has a lower percentage of STDs than Lesbians.

Virgins yep. And rumor has it, having sex with a virgin cures AIDS.

ConHog
05-17-2012, 07:56 PM
yep. And rumor has it, having sex with a virgin cures AIDS.

Damn, now Noir is gonna get bookoo emails .

logroller
05-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Damn, now Noir is gonna get bookoo emails .
Gives a whole new perspective to those ads claiming someone wants to have sex with you.

Binky
05-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Queer medicine!

I have a grand idea - how about not engaging in sexual activities that put you at risk for AIDS? Imagine that!

Yeah, now there's a concept for ya. Go figure!