PDA

View Full Version : Cool pic

Abbey Marie
05-21-2007, 11:52 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070518/capt.gvw10505172215.belgium_darth_vader_balloon_gv w105.jpg?x=229&y=345&sig=Ul8amuMnOX_1x.gca4r2ZA--

A hot air balloon in the shape of Darth Vader's helmet takes off on its maiden flight during a hot air balloon festival in Ceroux, Belgium, Thursday, May 17, 2007 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the 'Star Wars' sci-fi saga.
(AP Photo/Geert Vanden Wijngaert) (AP Photo/Geert Vanden Wijngaert)

Sitarro
05-22-2007, 12:16 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070518/capt.gvw10505172215.belgium_darth_vader_balloon_gv w105.jpg?x=229&y=345&sig=Ul8amuMnOX_1x.gca4r2ZA--

A hot air balloon in the shape of Darth Vader's helmet takes off on its maiden flight during a hot air balloon festival in Ceroux, Belgium, Thursday, May 17, 2007 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the 'Star Wars' sci-fi saga.
(AP Photo/Geert Vanden Wijngaert) (AP Photo/Geert Vanden Wijngaert)

While I do think it is very creative what has been done with the shaping of balloons, I do regret the way that all of the odd shapes and advertisments have destroyed the beautiful photographic possibilities that used to be available at the balloon races in New Mexico. The site of early morning takeoffs of a hundred balloons of the same basic shape with just colorful designs rather than advertisements on the balloons themselves is long gone regretably, those were great times for photography. Although cute and fun for the kids, I really am not interested in taking photographs of a giant Mr.Peanut or a Nike running shoe, kind of kills the aesthetics and composition.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 12:31 AM
While I do think it is very creative what has been done with the shaping of balloons, I do regret the way that all of the odd shapes and advertisments have destroyed the beautiful photographic possibilities that used to be available at the balloon races in New Mexico. The site of early morning takeoffs of a hundred balloons of the same basic shape with just colorful designs rather than advertisements on the balloons themselves is long gone regretably, those were great times for photography. Although cute and fun for the kids, I really am not interested in taking photographs of a giant Mr.Peanut or a Nike running shoe, kind of kills the aesthetics and composition.

The more creative the better the pic.

Sitarro
05-22-2007, 01:25 AM
The more creative the better the pic.

more creative what?

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 02:03 AM
more creative what?

The more creative the pic.........