PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been stalked?

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I mean really stalked by someone in RL?

I was stalked by a former counseling client prior to the days when they had stalking law.

logroller
05-15-2012, 04:27 PM

I was stalked by a former counseling client prior to the days when they had stalking law.

That's sort of a loaded question; because I'm not aware of being stalked...but maybe.:panicsmiley:

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Most people who have stalked, know it. It's one reason I objected so much to being called a stalker. I know what it's like to actually be stalked.

logroller
05-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Most people who have stalked, know it.

Oh sure, most stalkers know they're stalking. I think its flattering; I want a stalker.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Oh sure, most stalkers know they're stalking. I think its flattering; I want a stalker.

It's not flattering to be stalked. It's terrifying.

logroller
05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
It's not flattering to be stalked. It's terrifying.

That's just like, your opinion and stuff. Besides, I was more referring to online stalking, not real life. I get so obsessed with things; I think I'd like to be the object of another's obsession. I'm sure that's not the healthiest perspective; but that's the truth.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 04:54 PM
That's just like, your opinion and stuff. Besides, I was more referring to online stalking, not real life. I get so obsessed with things; I think I'd like to be the object of another's obsession. I'm sure that's not the healthiest perspective; but that's the truth.

Hmm, well what will happen if someone stalks you on-line is that you will become obsessed yourself.

logroller
05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Hmm, well what will happen if someone stalks you on-line is that you will become MORE obsessed WITH yourself.

Fixed that for ya.:thumb:

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Fixed that for ya.:thumb:

True. The person who stalked me had previously done the same thing with an MD in another town. The MD closed his practice and moved across the country and I did the same thing.

It was the only way to having freedom.

Kathianne
05-15-2012, 05:05 PM

No, not myself. My daughter was though. She was 17 and her stalker was a very immature 24 year old. She broke up with him. She had mono and was confined to house for over 3 weeks.

I came home from school one day and found him in my bushes. I was like, WTF? Told him to get off my property! Over the course of next 3 days, he called my house over 100 times, each day! No one picked up. Called the police when started for 4th day. Eventually took out restraining order.

Oh the daughter! I'm really glad she's married now, to a really wonderful man. Of course it is 12 years later. Lots of frogs inbetween!

cadet
05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Ex girlfriends... all of them...

Well, i guess that just means i'm a fine catch of a man. :dancer:

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 07:09 PM
It could be the way you break things off, cadet. It could be you've got CAD debt.

ConHog
05-15-2012, 07:10 PM

Wait until you go to boot and some DI is all over your ass. Now THAT is some creepy stalker shit.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I wasn't really stalked in the definition that you are looking for, but I did have a prior girlfriend that had trouble just letting go. She would drive by my house at all hours of the night and even toss rocks at my window to get my attention. Calls from all over and at all hours. It seemed like the worse I treated her, the more she tried.

It was creepy because I had to sneak in and out of my own home. Not from physical fear, but I just didn't want to talk to this wackjob.

Kathianne
05-15-2012, 07:49 PM
I wasn't really stalked in the definition that you are looking for, but I did have a prior girlfriend that had trouble just letting go. She would drive by my house at all hours of the night and even toss rocks at my window to get my attention. Calls from all over and at all hours. It seemed like the worse I treated her, the more she tried.

It was creepy because I had to sneak in and out of my own home. Not from physical fear, but I just didn't want to talk to this wackjob.

My ex-husband did the same. I didn't consider it stalking, just more weirdness on his part. I never was afraid. It didn't use up minutes of my life. My daughter's stalker did use up moments of our time, big time.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 07:52 PM
When I was stalked it was traumatic. My stalker followed me everywhere. Even when I took off on a trip for a meditation retreat, the stalker attended and followed me around.

It drove me crazy.

ConHog
05-15-2012, 09:07 PM
When I was stalked it was traumatic. My stalker followed me everywhere. Even when I took off on a trip for a meditation retreat, the stalker attended and followed me around.

It drove me crazy.

Honestly, what isn't traumatic to you?

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Honestly, what isn't traumatic to you?
It's true that my life has been full of frightening experiences.

I have CPTSD, you already know that. That's life.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 01:19 AM
I have too many ways and friends/family to ensure I'm not stalked.

tailfins
05-16-2012, 09:23 AM
It's hard to stalk someone like myself that has lived an itinerant life (that's a politically correct way of saying a drifter that writes code [except I pay my bills]).

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 09:39 AM

Competitive? Superior?

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Competitive? Superior?

Maybe. Is that a bad thing?

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Maybe. Is that a bad thing?

It's limiting, IMO.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 04:58 PM
It's limiting, IMO.

To whom? You, me, someone else?

Why do you think it's limiting to be competitive? And why is it a bad thing to think one is superior at something?

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 04:59 PM
To whom? You, me, someone else?

Why do you think it's limiting to be competitive? And why is it a bad thing to think one is superior at something?

It limits intimacy. Would you rather be right or loved?

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Or maybe, they are all your stalkers.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM

Maybe I had better not add to this.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM

Why do you think it is mutually exclusive? Why would you think one has to roll over and be subjugated in order to be loved?

Personally, self-respect is more important to me than love. Self-respect will be with me always, whether there is someone around to love/love me. If I can't love myself first, how can I expect others to love me?

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:05 PM

Well, it isn't me they are interested in .... it's the damn legs! So, to stop the stalkers I just quit shaving.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Why do you think it is mutually exclusive? Why would you think one has to roll over and be subjugated in order to be loved?

Personally, self-respect is more important to me than love. Self-respect will be with me always, whether there is someone around to love/love me. If I can't love myself first, how can I expect others to love me?

Who is talking about being subjugated in order to be loved? I'm not.

I believe you . Self-respect is more important to you than love. I'm talking about using your superiority to distance yourself from others. It keeps a person from being able to learn from others, even those you consider below you.

I'd rather be loved and self loving. Respect has to do with judgment. This or that person is worthy of being respected. I could care less about that. Love is more important to me.

My parents may have been less than "respectable" people, but I loved them and they loved me.

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Well, it isn't me they are interested in .... it's the damn legs! So, to stop the stalkers I just quit shaving.

I'd noticed your shopping list didn't have shave cream on it.:laugh:

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about regardling stalkers. You're well defended.

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:10 PM

Or gel; you use the gel.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Who is talking about being subjugated in order to be loved? I'm not.

I believe you . Self-respect is more important to you than love. I'm talking about using your superiority to distance yourself from others. It keeps a person from being able to learn from others, even those you consider below you.

I'd rather be loved and self loving. Respect has to do with judgment. This or that person is worthy of being respected. I could care less about that. Love is more important to me.

My parents may have been less than "respectable" people, but I loved them and they loved me.

I'm talking about self-respect. Not respecting others or expecting others to respect me. I cannot love fully or expect to be loved fully until I can love myself.

Not being competitive or not feeling superior will not affect one way or the other how I am loved or how I love others.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM

Well, if you were a true stalker you'd know that I get them waxed! :slap:

fj1200
05-16-2012, 05:26 PM

That may just invite a whole new group of stalkers.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm talking about self-respect. Not respecting others or expecting others to respect me. I cannot love fully or expect to be loved fully until I can love myself.

Not being competitive or not feeling superior will not affect one way or the other how I am loved or how I love others.

Having an attitude that you are superior to others will keep people at a distance, which seems to be what you prefer. You'd rather be right than loved?

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about regardling stalkers. You're well defended.

That was the point I made earlier. I don't play victim, therefore, I don't set myself up to be stalked. And, if anyone did decide to stalk, I have plenty of friends/relatives and self-resources to stop the stalker in their tracks. I can be a mean bitch about that stuff.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Or gel; you use the gel.

Fail!

You suck at this stalking stuff.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
That may just invite a whole new group of stalkers.

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!

fj1200
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!

:laugh: I was going to give you a link but I couldn't go there.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Having an attitude that you are superior to others will keep people at a distance, which seems to be what you prefer. You'd rather be right than loved?

Not mutually exclusive. See, I can repeat my opinion over and over, also. Doesn't mean it's going to change your opinion, so why bother?

If having a superior attitude keeps those who can't hang at a distance, then so be it. A person is only as good as those they compete with. Why not compete with those that keep you on your toes?

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:32 PM
That was the point I made earlier. I don't play victim, therefore, I don't set myself up to be stalked. And, if anyone did decide to stalk, I have plenty of friends/relatives and self-resources to stop the stalker in their tracks. I can be a mean bitch about that stuff.
You assume that anyone who was stalked is responsible for the criminal behavior of the stalker. In that case, EVERYONE who has ever been stalked by anyone at any time is a "victim" according to you, and more or less gets what they deserve. Right?

I agree that you CAN be a mean bitch.

No one "sets themselves up" to be stalked.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:32 PM
:laugh: I was going to give you a link but I couldn't go there.

I'm not a big fan of hairy bodies. God invented wax for a purpose.

fj1200
05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
... those that keep an eye your toes?

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!

:poke:

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Not mutually exclusive. See, I can repeat my opinion over and over, also. Doesn't mean it's going to change your opinion, so why bother?

If having a superior attitude keeps those who can't hang at a distance, then so be it. A person is only as good as those they compete with. Why not compete with those that keep you on your toes?

Nope. That's not how I am with my friends. We're not cut throat or trying to "out best" each other.

You remind of girls I used to know in high school. Your nose is so far up your face you're tripping yourself.

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Fail!

You suck at this stalking stuff.

Damn! More broadly, I suck at making things up...I wonder if there's anyone here I could look to for direction in that dept?

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Nope. That's not how I am with my friends. We're not cut throat or trying to "out best" each other.

You remind of girls I used to know in high school. Your nose is so far up your face you're tripping yourself.

Which girls? the successful one's?

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Which girls? the successful one's?

The sorority girls. The mean girls club.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!

:poke:

I have beautiful toes and if someone wants to keep me on my toes for awhile, I can dig it!

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I have beautiful toes and if someone wants to keep me on my toes for awhile, I can dig it!

I'd be happy to stomp on them with my boots!

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:46 PM

I don't need to try and "out best" my friends because we all respect each other. We know we are all winners and no need to continually prove it. But, if a newcomer wants to fit in, she'd best be showing us she can hang with the best of the best. We don't bring someone into the fold that we want to pamper and coddle. Survival of the fittest

And you remind me of the ones that ran around trying to change everything to make yourself feel better instead of just jumping in and competing with what you have. I don't like whiny, complaining losers.

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:47 PM

Where are standing-- the background looks like the texture on the lenses for my overhead fluorescents in the kitchen...leading me to consider you with your feet in the air... how long is awhile?

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Damn! More broadly, I suck at making things up...I wonder if there's anyone here I could look to for direction in that dept?

You'll never be that good. That person uses it instinctively, and I don't think it can be taught.

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd be happy to stomp on them with my boots!
, so says the militant lesbian.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Where are standing-- the background looks like the texture on the lenses for my overhead fluorescents in the kitchen...leading me to consider you with your feet in the air... how long is awhile?

Background is wall in bedroom. Not quite the ceiling.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't need to try and "out best" my friends because we all respect each other. We know we are all winners and no need to continually prove it. But, if a newcomer wants to fit in, she'd best be showing us she can hang with the best of the best. We don't bring someone into the fold that we want to pamper and coddle. Survival of the fittest

And you remind me of the ones that ran around trying to change everything to make yourself feel better instead of just jumping in and competing with what you have. I don't like whiny, complaining losers.

Yeah, well I don't like judgmental bitches who think they're far superior to mere mortals. Take your judgments and shove them up your ass. You want to see who keeps you on your toes. If we had met in Brooklyn when we were kids I would have beat the crap out of you.

Put em' up girl. I can still take you ANYTIME.

logroller
05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
You'll never be that good. That person uses it instinctively, and I don't think it can be taught.
Coming from a professional coach, I've little choice but to accept your advice. Disappointed, but accepting. Perhaps I'll recite the serenity prayer a few times.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
, so says the militant lesbian.

So says the jealous little girl who is studying Buddhism and doesn't want to be competitive.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:52 PM
So says the jealous little girl who is studying Buddhism and doesn't want to be competitive.

Jealousy isn't a big quality of mine, but it does appear to be yours. You're the one who's always bitching that I'm getting more attention than you. Go suck some boys weenie and choke on it.

logroller
Yeah, well I don't like judgmental bitches who think they're far superior to mere mortals. Take your judgments and shove them up your ass. You want to see who keeps you on your toes. If we had met in Brooklyn when we were kids I would have beat the crap out of you.

Transference WS; you're textbook looney-tunes.

SassyLady

I doubt that. Ask Log about how hard it was growing up in our neck of the woods. I fought regularly with my brothers, one of whom is in prison for killing three people. You think I didn't know how to fight dirty to survive? I've also sent both husbands ex-wives to hospitals when they dared lay a hand on me.

Bring it on.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:53 PM

I don't give a shit.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:54 PM
I doubt that. Ask Log about how hard it was growing up in our neck of the woods. I fought regularly with my brothers, one of whom is in prison for killing three people. You think I didn't know how to fight dirty to survive? I've also sent both husbands ex-wives to hospitals when they dared lay a hand on me.

Bring it on.

You got it sistah. This is WAR.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Jealousy isn't a big quality of mine, but it does appear to be yours. You're the one who's always bitching that I'm getting more attention than you. Go suck some boys weenie and choke on it.

See, you are jealous. :mooning:

Kathianne
05-16-2012, 07:42 PM

Yeah, according to WS here, she should have been ignoring me long ago. Certainly not be going to an ER because of a post or couple of. I am a product of upper middle class suburb. Gays, blacks, Hispanics didn't exist there for the first 12 years of my life. Then we got two blacks, siblings. Father a lawyer, mother a doctor. Guess that made them black 1% ers?

Abbey Marie
05-16-2012, 07:46 PM

What a thing to say to someone the day after their divorce is final.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 07:47 PM
What a thing to say to someone the day after their divorce is final.

Just add it to the list of all the things you can't stand about me.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 07:55 PM

I was going to say something really dirty here, albeit tamed down for someone I respect, but dirty nonetheless. I just wanted people to see that I am trying. Because, I could think of several ways to help keep Ms. Sassy on her toes, but they are for the dirty minded only. I'll just have to think it and not share I suppose. I'm a pig. My brain is rotting from impure thoughts.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Just add it to the list of all the things you can't stand about me.

No, you started in on me. I just took off the gloves in return.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Go suck some boys weenie and choke on it.

Wow. Don't be mad at me, Sassy, but I had to laugh at this post tossed at you. That's a hell of a thought to have for someone. I'm impressed. And would like to maybe use that against Conhog in the future. But I'm wtill at the "WOW" stage that it was WS, and towards Sassy, who is a wonderful person. It was tempered a bit at least. She could have used the C or D word about the mans thingy. And she could have wished death, but here she just wants you to choke awhile.

Wow. And to think, I have more to read in this thread. I hope it gets better and they start tearing off clothes. Cat fight! Again, no disrespect to you Sass, just speaking my thoughts out loud. No disrespect to you either, WS, but I can't condone going that low.

ConHog

I have a major foot fetish LOL luckily (or maybe I planned it) my wife has beautiful sexy feet and she has that Latino habit of wearing high heels even with shorts LOL

Wind Song
No, you started in on me. I just took off the gloves in return.

Like I said, just add this to your growing list of things you hate about me.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Wow. Don't be mad at me, Sassy, but I had to laugh at this post tossed at you. That's a hell of a thought to have for someone. I'm impressed. And would like to maybe use that against Conhog in the future. But I'm wtill at the "WOW" stage that it was WS, and towards Sassy, who is a wonderful person. It was tempered a bit at least. She could have used the C or D word about the mans thingy. And she could have wished death, but here she just wants you to choke awhile.

Wow. And to think, I have more to read in this thread. I hope it gets better and they start tearing off clothes. Cat fight! Again, no disrespect to you Sass, just speaking my thoughts out loud. No disrespect to you either, WS, but I can't condone going that low.

Suck a dick faggot.

:laugh2::laugh2:

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Suck a dick faggot.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Damn, you saw that huh? I thought I would squeeze it in. Stop being so attentive to my posts, homo.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Damn, you saw that huh? I thought I would squeeze it in. Stop being so attentive to my posts, homo.

I always pay attention to pussy.

:lol:

Kathianne
05-16-2012, 08:52 PM
:clap:

Shadow
05-16-2012, 09:27 PM

Or that you date wackos :laugh:

Shadow
05-16-2012, 09:34 PM

I think I am the opposite. When unpleasant things happen to me I usually keep it all to myself (until way after the fact...if I even share at all).

Shadow
05-16-2012, 09:55 PM
That's sort of a loaded question; because I'm not aware of being stalked...but maybe.:panicsmiley:

Bet you are and don't even know it. I know of a man...that I like to watch come and go every day. :thumb:

Oh...and there was also this guy that I rode up with in the elevator the other day at work...he smelled wonderful...I could sooo start following his scent. Can't remember what he looked like though (but if I smell him again...I'm going to ask him to marry me I think). ;)

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
I think I am the opposite. When unpleasant things happen to me I usually keep it all to myself (until way after the fact...if I even share at all).

OK. You talk and I'll listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=copLTgjtcsg&feature=related

logroller
05-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Bet you are and don't even know it. I know of a man...that I like to watch come...;)

Guess I should get rid of the frosted glass in the shower.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I was going to say something really dirty here, albeit tamed down for someone I respect, but dirty nonetheless. I just wanted people to see that I am trying. Because, I could think of several ways to help keep Ms. Sassy on her toes, but they are for the dirty minded only. I'll just have to think it and not share I suppose. I'm a pig. My brain is rotting from impure thoughts.

OMG ... you totally understand where I'm coming from .... I love teasing ... way more exciting than the blatant, in your face, here's what I would do. Now, from what you said I have to run several scenarios through my mind .... all of them take my breath away. Thanks for not spoiling the fun of fantasying!

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 10:10 PM

I do have the tendency to reduce people to childish behavior and that post was so funny that it didn't even warrant a reply, just laughter.

Shadow
05-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Guess I should get rid of the frosted glass in the shower.

:shower: It would be much appreciated I'm sure. :thumb: