PDA

View Full Version : ConHog and WindSong

logroller
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Apparently, a perceived insult to ConHog's wife is reported as insulting to WindSong's wife....hmmmmmmm

These are the only logical conclusions: con hog and Windsong are married to the same woman or they are same person.

logroller
05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't listen to management; they're gonna try an sweep this under the rug on orders form Al Gore, the founder and grand poobah of the internet.

ConHog
05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Apparently, a perceived insult to ConHog's wife is reported as insulting to WindSong's wife....hmmmmmmm

These are the only logical conclusions: con hog and Windsong are married to the same woman or they are same person.

Da fuck? Is that about me joking about not saying anything about my wife when you said something about wetbacks? I don't even remember what thread that was in, and was only making fun of a few past members who referred to my Arkansas born wife as a wetback.

jimnyc
05-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Da fuck? Is that about me joking about not saying anything about my wife when you said something about wetbacks? I don't even remember what thread that was in, and was only making fun of a few past members who referred to my Arkansas born wife as a wetback.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=35027

ConHog
05-15-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=35027

I found it and clarified, certainly I thought everyone knew I was just making light of things. I didn't report.

logroller
05-15-2012, 06:19 PM

There was some confusion when you said "reported", but then it actually was reported, only by wind song. Weird. Probably benign; but a conspiracy was born. Embrace it.

logroller
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I found it and clarified, certainly I thought everyone knew I was just making light of things. I didn't report.
You knew, I knew, almost everybody knew...but your sister-wife/alter-ego felt differently.:coffee:

ConHog
05-15-2012, 06:25 PM
You knew, I knew, almost everybody knew...but your sister-wife/alter-ego felt differently.:coffee:

I'm from Arkansas, not Alabama.

tailfins
05-15-2012, 06:53 PM

An Arkansas born wife would make her your sister.

ConHog
05-15-2012, 06:54 PM
An Arkansas born wife would make her your sister.

I was born in California.

tailfins
05-15-2012, 06:55 PM
I was born in California.

Grapes of Wrath?

Kathianne
05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Grapes of Wrath?

A good, but really depressing novel.

ConHog
05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
A good, but really depressing novel.

I didn't care for it, yes very depressing.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 10:56 PM
There was some confusion when you said "reported", but then it actually was reported, only by wind song. Weird. Probably benign; but a conspiracy was born. Embrace it.

I reported an attack on family. It wasn't my family being attacked.

logroller
05-15-2012, 11:05 PM
I reported an attack on family.

So, you're confirming that you and CH are married to the same woman?

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 11:11 PM
So, you're confirming that you and CH are married to the same woman?

No, silly.

logroller
05-15-2012, 11:12 PM

It wasn't anyone's family.

Wind Song
05-15-2012, 11:16 PM
It wasn't anyone's family.

Is a wife not family?

Abbey Marie
05-15-2012, 11:21 PM
You have no standing.

logroller
05-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Is a wife not family?

I said I didn't attack anyone's family. I didn't attack ch's wife. I said if she was a wetback, we couldn't be friends. Of course, I know she isn't, and he knows I know she isn't. Now you know he knows I know she isn't. Understand?

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Is a wife not family?

You cannot report a post claiming someone attacked your wife, when that never happened. Conhog was free to do so, but he was smart enough to realize the discussion between himself and Logroller was humor.

tailfins
05-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Is a wife not family?

Wow! Now THAT'S a loaded question.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 10:21 AM
You cannot report a post claiming someone attacked your wife, when that never happened. Conhog was free to do so, but he was smart enough to realize the discussion between himself and Logroller was humor.

So? I reported the post. Big deal.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
You have no standing.

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

Abbey Marie
05-16-2012, 10:25 AM

Clue: whose post is directly above mine?

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 10:25 AM
So? I reported the post. Big deal.

No one said it was a big deal, we just thought it humorous that you read it wrong.

She is saying YOU have no standing to complain about someone elses wife being discussed/satire

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 10:26 AM
No one said it was a big deal, we just thought it humorous that you read it wrong.

She is saying YOU have no standing to complain about someone elses wife being discussed/satire

I am a member of this forum in good standing. I have every right to report a post that I think breaks a rule. I respect the no bringing in family rule.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 10:27 AM
I have every right to report a post that I think breaks a rule. I respect family.

And we have every right to ignore it when it was reported for an incorrect reason.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 10:28 AM
And we have every right to ignore it when it was reported for an incorrect reason.

I reported it. Get over it.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2012, 10:33 AM
I am a member of this forum in good standing. I have every right to report a post that I think breaks a rule. I respect the no bringing in family rule.

The no family rule was instituted to allow members to be free from insults directed at their family members. On a board with very few rules, we rein in members only where necessary. We did not add this rule so people with nothing better to do could start complaining on others' behalf.

Worry about yourself. Con can protect himself and his family just fine.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I reported it. Get over it.

I'm trying to be polite, Dorothy. I simply explained that it was reported incorrectly, a mistake was made. It was meant as humor between 2 other people and Hog's wife - and for whatever reason, you erroneously thought it was about you and reported it. I explained to others what happened and that there was no foul. It was a mistake. End of story.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
The no family rule was instituted to allow members to be free from insults directed at their family members. On a board with very few rules, we rein in members only where necessary. We did not add this rule so people with nothing better to do could start complaining on others' behalf.

Worry about yourself. Con can protect himself and his family just fine.

I will report any post that appears to attack family, whether it is my family or someone else's.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
I will report any post that appears to attack family, whether it is my family or someone else's.

And if you continue acting in this manner, we simply won't take your reported posts seriously.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 11:06 AM
And if you continue acting in this manner, we simply won't take your reported posts seriously.

As if you take my reports seriously now. LOL.

According to you, I made a mistake reporting the post. That's ONE mistake. Are you telling me that based on one mistake you would NEVER take any report I make seriously?

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 11:11 AM
As if you take my reports seriously now. LOL.

According to you, I made a mistake reporting the post. That's ONE mistake. Are you telling me that based on one mistake you would NEVER take any report I make seriously?

EVERY single one of your prior reported posts have been looked into and resolved. And the mistake was no big deal as I stated from the beginning. But you can't just leave it be at that, you have to continue stating you would do it again and again and again. How about this, unless someone directly attacks YOUR family, leave it be, since you may have an issue discerning between serious and humor. I'm confident that staff and the members actually involved can handle themselves, we're all supposed to be adults here, after all.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
EVERY single one of your prior reported posts have been looked into and resolved. And the mistake was no big deal as I stated from the beginning. But you can't just leave it be at that, you have to continue stating you would do it again and again and again. How about this, unless someone directly attacks YOUR family, leave it be, since you may have an issue discerning between serious and humor. I'm confident that staff and the members actually involved can handle themselves, we're all supposed to be adults here, after all.

You're the one keeping this discussion going. I accept that con and log were fooling around and con didn't take log's reference to his wife offensively. What you want to do is pound my head with this mistake.

Let's move on.

I didn't start the damn thread.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Dorothy, there was no attack. I was joshing Log a little. Just say " I'm sorry, I made a mistake" and move on.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Dorothy, there was no attack. I was joshing Log a little. Just say " I'm sorry, I made a mistake" and move on.

Yes, I got that the first time. I'm not sorry I reported the post, even if I was mistaken. I'm glad it was just a josh between the two of you.

Gator Monroe
05-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Thats this Forums new name "Mistakes a Plenty"

ConHog
05-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Thats this Forums new name "Mistakes a Plenty"

Mistake number one being your mom not swallowing you when she had the chance. :laugh2:

logroller
05-16-2012, 12:33 PM
WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotcha!

Yes, I got that the first time. I'm not sorry I reported the post, even if I was mistaken. I'm glad it was just a josh between the two of you.
WS alluded to sharing a wife; now she is talking about 'josh'... A third persona perhaps? The conspiracy grows......:laugh2:

logroller
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Mistake number one being your mom not swallowing you when she had the chance. :laugh2:
This isn't the cage. :slap: Though maybe it should be...

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 01:32 PM

WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, and that's precisely how future reported posts will be seen if anyone should abuse the rep system for their own "whining hotline".

ConHog
05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Yep, and that's precisely how future reported posts will be seen if anyone should abuse the rep system for their own "whining hotline".

Mayhaps YOU could also choose to let it go Jim? You damn well know SHE isn't going to be the one to do so.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Mayhaps YOU could also choose to let it go Jim? You damn well know SHE isn't going to be the one to do so.

I'll say this once politely. Please don't worry about how I post and with whom. Thanks man!

Abbey Marie
05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
K m n!!!

ConHog
05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I'll say this once politely. Please don't worry about how I post and with whom. Thanks man!

nm, I was gonna post something, but a certain party not named Jim would jump all over it.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM

The rep system is already being abused by dmp.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 01:52 PM

abused how?

And Darin I'm pissed you fuck, you're repping Dorothy but not me? Shit man.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 01:55 PM

STOP dumping this shit all over the board, especially when it's not true.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2012, 03:10 PM
STOP dumping this shit all over the board, especially when it's not true.

And Darin already addressed this exact issue. With proof, no less.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 03:26 PM
and you go on and on.

logroller
05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
And Darin already addressed this exact issue. With proof, no less.
I refer you to post 2.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 03:54 PM
They all pull together.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 03:57 PM
They all pull together.

Now don't get all mad b/c I said this exact same thing twice in defense of you today, but...

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Now don't get all mad b/c I said this exact same thing twice in defense of you today, but...

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

No. Please stop screaming at me.

Here's what I think needs to happen. The entire board ignores me indefinitely or I take an extended vacation. I'd rather just take off then have people talking about me as if I'm even here.

logroller
05-16-2012, 04:12 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Definitely supportive of the marriage theory.

Toro
05-18-2012, 08:15 PM

What if I attack my own family?

ConHog
05-18-2012, 09:06 PM
What if I attack my own family?

That's normal accepted behavior.

Peach
05-19-2012, 06:31 AM
No. Please stop screaming at me.

Here's what I think needs to happen. The entire board ignores me indefinitely or I take an extended vacation. I'd rather just take off then have people talking about me as if I'm even here.

Hi Wind, the CONhog seems perpetually angry.:laugh:

tailfins
05-19-2012, 06:58 AM

All that inbreeding takes its toll.

ConHog
05-21-2012, 11:52 AM
All that inbreeding takes its toll.

da fuck?

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 12:43 PM

Hmmmmm..... And no mention of the perpetual victim? And maybe being a victim where there is no reason to be one is what makes CH angry at times?

tailfins
05-21-2012, 12:46 PM
da fuck?

By the question mark, it seems you are confused. YES, that is what causes inbreeding.

Hmmmmm..... And no mention of the perpetual victim? And maybe being a victim where there is no reason to be one is what makes CH angry at times?

I'm not 100% sure if his inbreeding is the problem, it could be him breathing the fumes from his meth lab.

ConHog
05-21-2012, 02:18 PM
By the question mark, it seems you are confused. YES, that is what causes inbreeding.

I'm not 100% sure if his inbreeding is the problem, it could be him breathing the fumes from his meth lab.

Are you calling me an inbred meth head? I'm from Arkansas sir, not Alabama. our meth heads are NOT inbred.

logroller
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Are you calling me an inbred meth head? I'm from Arkansas sir, not Alabama. our meth heads are NOT inbred.

isn't that the state motto? :coffee:

tailfins
05-21-2012, 07:02 PM

My co-workers tell me anything South or West of Philly is inhabited by inbred meth heads that like to play Duelling Banjos. Anyone connected with Harvard can't be wrong, can they?

Toro
05-21-2012, 08:46 PM
isn't that the state motto? :coffee:

Yes it is.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 08:05 AM

The term "victim" is used a great deal on political forums, and mostly by RW-ers. I think it ought to be carefully defined. For example, in a crime of assault, there is a victim and a perpetrator. There may be a "rescuer" too, (law enforcement, for example).

If the "victim" defends himself, then he may be a co-combatant, or a victim and a perpetrator. I don't call self-defense victimhood. Do you?

No one is a PERPETUAL victim. That would be victim every moment of every day, 24/7.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I don't call self-defense victimhood. Do you?

It's called the Victimhood Prevention Technique. Very effective when used correctly.

ConHog
05-23-2012, 08:13 AM
It's called the Victimhood Prevention Technique. Very effective when used correctly.

aka get them before they get go.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 08:13 AM

Elaborate. Surely you're not talking about being on continual attack mode.

What I think it's about is dropping all forms of self-judgment, not taking anyone else's projection on.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Elaborate. Surely you're not talking about being on continual attack mode.

That required elaboration? And of course not, self-defense mode is not attack mode.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
That required elaboration? And of course not, self-defense mode is not attack mode.

Self defense mode on forums tends to be labelled "victimhood". If you stand up for your POV, and if you reject a derogatory label, you get tagged a "victim". Being vulnerable and resilient is the opposite of being a "victim".

http://www.emory.edu/EMORY_REPORT/erarchive/1999/March/ermarch.1/3_1_99seideman.html

fj1200
05-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Self defense mode on forums tends to be labelled "victimhood". If you stand up for your POV, and if you reject a derogatory label, then you get tagged a "victim". Being vulnerable and resilient is the opposite of being a "victim".

"Victimhood" is a state of mind. I reject your "if" statements and the "then" statement.

Importance of link?

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 08:52 AM
"Victimhood" is a state of mind. I reject your "if" statements and the "then" statement.

Importance of link?

Victimhood is a projection by others, not a state of mind. Anyone who advocates for civil rights on this forum is labelled a victim. Fighting for civil rights is anything but victimhood.

“My problem wasn’t losing people. I never thought dying for a good cause is something we should regret. Dying is a natural thing. We can deal with that. What is not natural, what is abnormal and unfair is a victimhood life. I am not a victim. I do not want to be a victim. I want a different life. I want rights.

-- Laila, 35-year-old Palestinian refugee in the West Bank
http://ialiis.birzeit.edu/userfiles/Kristine%20Beckerle-abstract-english.pdf

tailfins
05-23-2012, 08:53 AM

Importance of link?

If you reject my if-then, can I still use do-while?

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Victimhood is a projection by others, not a state of mind. Anyone who advocates for civil rights on this forum is labelled a victim. Fighting for civil rights is anything but victimhood.

No.

The reason you were labeled a perpetual victim is by your own words, and not by "RW'ers" and not by men.... YOU, have many times, claimed others want you gone, others are picking on you, others don't like you, others are "violent" by the way they talk.... get the point? It has NOTHING to do with the subject of the threads and ALL about how you post.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 09:41 AM
No.

The reason you were labeled a perpetual victim is by your own words, and not by "RW'ers" and not by men.... YOU, have many times, claimed others want you gone, others are picking on you, others don't like you, others are "violent" by the way they talk.... get the point? It has NOTHING to do with the subject of the threads and ALL about how you post.

Stop personalizing the topic. The use of the term, "victim" is a weapon lobbed against civil rights activists. It is a dehumanizing term.

The use of "perpetual" is erroneous. No one is "perpetually" anything. We change our states of mind all day long.

There is even dispute in legal circles over using the term "victim" for the complaintant in a rape trial. The term, "victim" is overused and misused.

http://sogweb.sog.unc.edu/blogs/ncclaw/?p=1104

fj1200
05-23-2012, 09:41 AM

It is a state of mind if you accept the projection of others. I've advocated for civil rights and I dare anyone to label me a victim. Also, one can advocate for a government "right" and be the epitome of a victim.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Stop personalizing the topic. The use of the term, "victim" is a weapon lobbed against civil rights activists. It is a dehumanizing term.

The use of "perpetual" is erroneous. No one is "perpetually" anything. We change our states of mind all day long.

You were the one who pointed fingers at "RW'ers" on political forums. I simply pointed out why certain "RW'ers" on THIS political forum use the term.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 09:48 AM
It is a state of mind if you accept the projection of others. I've advocated for civil rights and I dare anyone to label me a victim. Also, one can advocate for a government "right" and be the epitome of a victim.

I advocate for civil rights, and there is NOTHING victim about that. Standing up for the civil rights of oneself and others is a duty and an honor.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 09:50 AM
You were the one who pointed fingers at "RW'ers" on political forums. I simply pointed out why certain "RW'ers" on THIS political forum use the term.

You have few, if any, identified liberals on this forum. RW-ers misuse the victim term when they apply to it to all minorities advocating for their civil rights. The use of the term "victim" is a RW strategy used to try and weaken their political opponents.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 09:53 AM
You have few, if any, identified liberals on this forum. RW-ers misuse the victim term when they apply to it to all minorities advocating for their civil rights. The use of the term "victim" is a RW strategy used to try and weaken their political opponents.

Or say it to someone like you, who VERY often does the things I listed. Don't cry victim if you don't like being labeled a victim.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Or say it to someone like you, who VERY often does the things I listed. Don't cry victim if you don't like being labeled a victim.

Stop personalizing this discussion. Stop flaming. Labelling someone by a derogatory term is a cheap shot in debate. Stop doing it.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Stop personalizing this discussion. Stop flaming.

I can post as I like and I'm not flaming. I am simply posting facts to counter YOUR claims that RW'ers erroneously call women victims. On this board, I've only seen it used when appropriate and when the woman is claiming to being picked on, violence, people want them to leave... and other exaggerated claims making the woman a victim of sorts.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I can post as I like and I'm not flaming. I am simply posting facts to counter YOUR claims that RW'ers erroneously call women victims. On this board, I've only seen it used when appropriate and when the woman is claiming to being picked on, violence, people want them to leave... and other exaggerated claims making the woman a victim of sorts.

You're personalizing this discussion. You are flaming. Consider your motivation.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
You're personalizing this discussion. You are flaming. Consider your motivation.

** off topic - please don't tell others they are flaming, it's not your job. Well, I suppose you can do so, but it has no weight here **

I'll personalize what I like. I've hardly been flaming. I'm simply pointing out what YOU said yourself, and how it's wrong. If you don't like it, then don't make stupid comments to begin with.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 10:10 AM
See ya. I'm not joining you in your attempt to pick a fight with me.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 10:11 AM
See ya.

Adios, idiot!

fj1200
05-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I advocate for civil rights, and there is NOTHING victim about that. Standing up for the civil rights of oneself and others is a duty and an honor.

I said, "one CAN." If one advocates for their "civil right" to health care based on their not having it, that is based on their victim status.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I said, "one CAN." If one advocates for their "civil right" to health care based on their not having it, that is based on their victim status.

If one advocates for the right to vote, they value themselves. They aren't victims. Victims would shut up and take second class citizenship. Civil rights advocates are motivated by self-esteem.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 10:47 AM
If one advocates for the right to vote, they value themselves. They aren't victims. Victims would shut up and take second class citizenship. Civil rights advocates are motivated by self-esteem.

You miss my point. Government validation =/= self esteem.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 10:50 AM
You miss my point. Government validation =/= self esteem.

Do you think the right to vote should have been legislated or not? Legislation=government validation according to your model.

You seem to have a "no government" knee jerk response to nearly EVERY topic here.

Without legislation women and blacks would not be able to vote today. We would have considered them property without voting rights.

Abbey Marie
05-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Victim
1. a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency: a victim of an automobile accident.

2. a person who is deceived or cheated, as by his or her own emotions or ignorance, by the dishonesty of others, or by some impersonal agency: a victim of misplaced confidence; the victim of a swindler; a victim of an optical illusion.

3. a person or animal sacrificed or regarded as sacrificed: war victims.

4. a living creature sacrificed in religious rites.

Notice, none of these definitions of "Victim" include labels.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Notice, none of these definitions of "Victim" include labels.

The term "victim" is a label. All nouns are labels.

Abbey Marie
05-23-2012, 11:00 AM
The term "victim" is a label. All nouns are labels.

They are much more than labels. I really don't see how anyone can go through life reducing reality to labels. I guess it works for the guy who wants a topic to sell books or lectures. He takes his money and goes back to his real world. But the believers? Yikes. I think this is what Darin was alluding to earlier.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:02 AM
They are much more than labels. I really don't see how anyone can go through life reducing reality to labels. I guess it works for the guy who wants a topic to sell books or lectures. He takes his money and goes back to his real world. But the believers? Yikes. I think this is what Darin was alluding to earlier.

We reduce reality to labels all the time. Take any object at all, and it will have a label. Then we will make the mistake that the label is what the object is.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Do you think the right to vote should have been legislated or not? Legislation=government validation according to your model.

You seem to have a "no government" knee jerk response to nearly EVERY topic here.

Without legislation women and blacks would not be able to vote today. We would have considered them property without voting rights.

My "'no government' knee jerk"? It's because I know how to follow back from effect to cause.

Oh, and WITH government they WERE considered property without voting rights.

ConHog
05-23-2012, 11:05 AM

PSSt I advocate for equal rights for all, and I'm pretty adamant about it on this board, no one here calls ME a victim. WHy is that do you think?

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:06 AM
My "'no government' knee jerk"? It's because I know how to follow back from effect to cause.

Yes, you have a knee jerk response to the word government. Government is always negative to you.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:07 AM
PSSt I advocate for equal rights for all, and I'm pretty adamant about it on this board, no one here calls ME a victim. WHy is that do you think?

Because you beat the shit out of them.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Yes, you have a knee jerk response to the word government. Government is always negative to you.

Asked and answered, see below?

And you ignored the last sentence.

logroller
05-23-2012, 11:08 AM

Marriage was one such rite of establishing property rights over people.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Marriage was one such rite of establishing property rights over people.

Ooh, irony. I like it.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Interesting. Are all of you cons anarchists? You'd like us to not have a government?

fj1200
05-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Interesting. Are all of you cons anarchists? You'd like us to not have a government?

Spoken from ignorance.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Spoken from ignorance.

My observation is that your answer to every social problem that exists is less government or no government.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
My observation is that your answer to every social problem that exists is less government or no government.

Then that would be ignorant because I have not advocated for no government. Certainly less government but I've already answered that.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Then that would be ignorant because I have not advocated for no government. Certainly less government but I've already answered that.

Less government. Tell me exactly what should government do? Should we protect people?

tailfins
05-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Less government. Tell me exactly what should government do? Should we protect people?

Only if they cannot protect themselves. It's called self reliance: Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Only if they cannot protect themselves. It's called self reliance: Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Do you propose doing away with Congress altogether? Should we have no lawmaking?

ConHog
05-23-2012, 11:51 AM

this exactly. And I don't understand why everyone doesn't agree about that. I mean sure we can debate about what exactly who can protect themselves from; but just to say " no don't even try, the government will protect you?" is lame.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 11:54 AM
What is the purpose of government? What should and should not be funded?

fj1200
05-23-2012, 12:02 PM

First it should concern itself with codifying the Natural Rights, of life, liberty, and property. All else originates from there and should tread lightly when deciding where to regulate/legislate.

ConHog
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
What is the purpose of government? What should and should not be funded?

Probably about 25% of what currently is.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:03 PM
First it should concern itself with codifying the Natural Rights, of life, liberty, and property. All else originates from there and should tread lightly when deciding where to regulate/legislate.

What happened to the pursuit of happiness? You want to delete that?

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Probably about 25% of what currently is.

Be clear about what you would and wouldn't fund. Courts? Prisons? Law enforcement? Libraries? Roads? Military? Schools? Old age services? Health care of ANY kind?

ConHog
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Be clear about what you would and wouldn't fund. Courts? Prisons? Law enforcement? Libraries? Roads? Military? Schools? Old age services? Health care of ANY kind?

That would require a book. Maybe later tonight I'll start a new thread detailing my budget for the USG. Although I have alluded to many parts of it in the past.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 01:31 PM
That would require a book. Maybe later tonight I'll start a new thread detailing my budget for the USG. Although I have alluded to many parts of it in the past.

So you'll spend MANY minutes, if not an hour, writing a very detailed post on what you would do. Dude, are you fucking delusional? Do you REALLY think it would sink in to her? That she would want a valid discussion? That she would comprehend a valid discussion? I won't even post in the thread, I promise, and I'll guranfuckintee you it breaks down before it gets off the first page, or the majority ignored, if not all of it.

ConHog
05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
So you'll spend MANY minutes, if not an hour, writing a very detailed post on what you would do. Dude, are you fucking delusional? Do you REALLY think it would sink in to her? That she would want a valid discussion? That she would comprehend a valid discussion? I won't even post in the thread, I promise, and I'll guranfuckintee you it breaks down before it gets off the first page, or the majority ignored, if not all of it.

Of course it would be a wasted effort in regards to Windy. But I think the rest of us could actually have a good conversation about it . I suspect that many would disagree with some of the things I would keep and some of the things I would get rid of.

And I did say I MAY do it, pretty time consuming endeavor; but possibly a worthwhile one.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:37 PM

I would love to participate in a thread where we as citizens talk about what we should fund or not fund with our taxes. Let me know if I ever reach the status of being a member of this community worth talking to.

ConHog
05-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I would love to participate in a thread where we as citizens talk about what we should fund or not fund with our taxes. Let me know if I ever reach the status of being a member of this community worth talking to.

Only you can decide when that time comes, if ever.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
only you can decide when that time comes, if ever.

bingo

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Only you can decide when that time comes, if ever.

That will be never. I will never be accepted for who I am on this forum. NEVER. I'm an outsider and that's the way it is.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
That will be never. I will never be accepted for who I am on this forum. NEVER. I'm an outsider and that's the way it is.

Woe is me

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Woe is me

I accept it. I am not a part of your little group.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I accept it. I am not a part of your little group.

Woe is me

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Woe is me

Woe is Jimmy. He can't force people to kiss his ass as a condition of membership here. Too bad buddy. You can dish it but you can't take it. Weenie.

logroller
05-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Woe is Jimmy. He can't force people to kiss his ass as a condition of membership here. Too bad buddy. You can dish it but you can't take it. Weenie.

Actually he could; he chooses not to. Plus, the traffic is good for business.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 01:56 PM

Kiss my ass? Hardly! I'm abused here! LOL Its stupidity that I have a problem with.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Actually he could; he chooses not to. Plus, the traffic is good for business.

He's only interested in having his ego stroked continuously. I'm not here for that.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Kiss my ass? Hardly! I'm abused here! LOL Its stupidity that I have a problem with.

Are you saying you're a VICTIM?

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 01:59 PM
He's only interested in having his ego stroked continuously. I'm not here for that.

Never said that, inferred that or acted like that. You're just trying to start shit. I'm seriously starting to think you have real mental issues. How often do you see your therapist? Do you tell them about your actions and desire for attention on the internet? Are they aware of the continual need to be a victim of anything and everything?

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Are you saying you're a VICTIM?

Yes, many people give me verbal lashings, mostly as a result of my own actions. That would make me a victim of their verbal lashing.

Woe is me

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Never said that, inferred that or acted like that. You're just trying to start shit. I'm seriously starting to think you have real mental issues. How often do you see your therapist? Do you tell them about your actions and desire for attention on the internet? Are they aware of the continual need to be a victim of anything and everything?

Take responsibility for your own mental health diagnosis and I will do the same. Mine isn't listed in the DSM, yours is.
I have CPTSD. You have another diagnosis.

Yes, I see a therapist every week. How I post on forums is a topic often. I've even told the therapist that this community is one that I respect and want to be a part of.

Not sure it'll happen though. I haven't been accepted yet. You all want me to change and no longer be myself.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 02:19 PM
It's ironic that I was writing this post #136 at the same time Jim was telling me to get lost. I'm giving him what he wants. No further contact of any kind.

I was reflecting on what dillo asked me, which was what would make me feel as though I was a part of this community?

I can only tell you what it isn't. It's not telling me my presence isn't wanted here and I should go find another forum.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 02:33 PM
What I'm finding out is that I need to write, Period. If how I write is unacceptable here, then I will write for myself about whatever moves me. I have enjoyed butting heads with a few people at times. You're all very different from me. Almost everyone else here is on the same political page, same lifestyle, same religion. It's a boys club that some het women are invited to join, as long as they flirt with the men and don't act like equals.

Most of my friends in RL are very liberal or Buddhist. We speak the same language. We've attended many of the same teachings and we have the same definitions of words that we share.

I may as well have dropped on the moon. That's how I feel here. I just don't fit.

What it reminds me of, are the women who marry men that they think they can "reform". It never works. You all want me to be other than who I am. I feel stifled here. I feel as though you want me to be silent. To know my place, which is under your thumb.

It's not gonna happen.

I told my wife and my therapist that I thought I'd found the forum that was really good for me. But look at what happens. All I do is piss people off. It's not working.

Instead of a welcoming feeling, I feel as though my ideas, my threads, my thoughts and feelings are too much for you all.

I even had the idea that a couple people could teach me how to be a better debater, but instead, people have been on ME as a person in every thread today. Not staying on topic, being belligerent when I've mentioned they're off topic and it's a big mess.

I've contributed to it a lot. But I am NOT 100% responsible for other people misconceptions or misunderstandings of what I've written.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
I've had some people from other forums tell me I'm deluding myself. I've told them that folks here are different, that you aren't mean. That you kind of grudgingly like me, or want me here. Today dillo asked me what it would take for me to feel accepted by this forum.

I'm really thinking about that, because I honestly don't know.

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Then I have Abbey closing my thread on Focusing for no apparent reason while asking me a question that she apparentlly isn't interested in the answer.

The thread closures are heavy handed. Commenting on that is grounds for being banned. So be it.

I'd rather be banned than to have people telling me my comments aren't welcome.

fj1200
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM

That's not in the Constitution and not a natural right. Pursuit of happiness is a result of the others anyway.

Anton Chigurh
05-23-2012, 03:43 PM
What happened to the pursuit of happiness?That's a opinion of the founders and framers, expressed in the declaration of Independence. It is not a right.

And note, it's the right to PURSUE happiness, not the right to ever actually catch it. Or to ever actually BE happy.

jimnyc
05-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I may as well have dropped on the moon. That's how I feel here. I just don't fit.

What it reminds me of, are the women who marry men that they think they can "reform". It never works. You all want me to be other than who I am. I feel stifled here. I feel as though you want me to be silent. To know my place, which is under your thumb.

It's not gonna happen.

I told my wife and my therapist that I thought I'd found the forum that was really good for me. But look at what happens. All I do is piss people off. It's not working.

Instead of a welcoming feeling, I feel as though my ideas, my threads, my thoughts and feelings are too much for you all.

I even had the idea that a couple people could teach me how to be a better debater, but instead, people have been on ME as a person in every thread today. Not staying on topic, being belligerent when I've mentioned they're off topic and it's a big mess.

I've contributed to it a lot. But I am NOT 100% responsible for other people misconceptions or misunderstandings of what I've written.

Well, don't blame everyone here for these issues. No one ever stated EVERY issue was your fault, but I know many, many are. In fact, while you blame the board the majority of the time - you have these very same issues at EVERY board you are a member of. Is it the big bad "RW'ers" and staff everywhere else too?

Abbey Marie
05-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Then I have Abbey closing my thread on Focusing for no apparent reason while asking me a question that she apparentlly isn't interested in the answer.

The thread closures are heavy handed. Commenting on that is grounds for being banned. So be it.

I'd rather be banned than to have people telling me my comments aren't welcome.

Not true, and you need to own up to it.

And as you should know, even if it were true, our rules prohibit your discussing Admin/mod actions.

SassyLady
05-24-2012, 01:09 AM

Why should I have to pay so you can pursue happiness. If you think it's the government's responsibility to ensure your happiness, then no wonder it's completely out of control.

SassyLady
05-24-2012, 01:32 AM

WindSong .... we, the members of this community, are more than capable of handling discussions about your ideas and thoughts about the various subjects you've posted about. It appears to me that you are the one that is having difficulty accepting us. You came to our community and started arguments with everyone. You've accused every member of this board of something vile and underhanded. And, then, when someone calls you on your misconceptions, you revert to the role of a victim by saying "no one wants me to post here", "no one likes me", "just ban me", "no one accepts me for who I am".

That last one especially irritates me. This board is not about accepting people for who they are just because they decide to drop in with the intent to provoke. What I remember the most about you is starting a thread about racism/Martin/Zimmerman. I believe that thread is where you provoked a lot of the members into becoming antagonistic with you because you refused to even consider an opposing viewpoint. You refused to even consider the possibility that you were being extremely judgmental. You were angry that we didn't jump on your bandwagon. The majority of the posters wanted to wait until the evidence came in. You shot each and every one of us down by simply regurgitating the same line over and over again. Now that we have way more information on this subject, I think rereading it will open up your eyes and help you see what we see.

If you truly wanted to be a part of this community you might want to try and connect with each of us on our level before demanding that we accept you for who you are. Seek first to understand and then to be understood. I don't believe you've made any attempt to seek first to understand this community.

I suggest that you go back and reread that entire thread....and I mean, reread each and every word and try to see from a different perspective the impact you made. In other words, walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge.

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
WindSong .... we, the members of this community, are more than capable of handling discussions about your ideas and thoughts about the various subjects you've posted about. It appears to me that you are the one that is having difficulty accepting us. You came to our community and started arguments with everyone. You've accused every member of this board of something vile and underhanded. And, then, when someone calls you on your misconceptions, you revert to the role of a victim by saying "no one wants me to post here", "no one likes me", "just ban me", "no one accepts me for who I am".

That last one especially irritates me. This board is not about accepting people for who they are just because they decide to drop in with the intent to provoke. What I remember the most about you is starting a thread about racism/Martin/Zimmerman. I believe that thread is where you provoked a lot of the members into becoming antagonistic with you because you refused to even consider an opposing viewpoint. You refused to even consider the possibility that you were being extremely judgmental. You were angry that we didn't jump on your bandwagon. The majority of the posters wanted to wait until the evidence came in. You shot each and every one of us down by simply regurgitating the same line over and over again. Now that we have way more information on this subject, I think rereading it will open up your eyes and help you see what we see.

If you truly wanted to be a part of this community you might want to try and connect with each of us on our level before demanding that we accept you for who you are. Seek first to understand and then to be understood. I don't believe you've made any attempt to seek first to understand this community.

I suggest that you go back and reread that entire thread....and I mean, reread each and every word and try to see from a different perspective the impact you made. In other words, walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge.

Thanks for the feedback.

ConHog
05-27-2012, 02:40 PM

Another valiant , but wasted effort. I have came to realize that WS either doesn't want to comprehend anything that she is told, or is just too stupid to, and in either case the end result is the same.

Shadow
05-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Another valiant , but wasted effort. I have came to realize that WS either doesn't want to comprehend anything that she is told, or is just too stupid to, and in either case the end result is the same.

Or...she is doing things and acting the way she is... intentionally....gasp.:rolleyes:

ConHog
05-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Or...she is doing things and acting the way she is... intentionally....gasp.:rolleyes:

I honestly don't this she's smart enough to orchestrate such a thing. I know others intentionally play those type games, but she's not smart enough.