PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

05-15-2012, 11:40 PM
That when progressives are religious they are "spiritual". Yet when conservatives are religious they at "Fundamentalists" regardless of any actual tenent of faith?

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Because progressive liberals have no idea what logic is.

logroller
05-16-2012, 01:29 AM
That when progressives are religious they are "spiritual". Yet when conservatives are religious they at "Fundamentalists" regardless of any actual tenent of faith?
Never noticed that; to me, spiritual liberals= wackjobs

Noir
05-16-2012, 05:25 AM
Probably because liberal are associated more with more liberal relgion, ie spiritualism, and Conservitives are more associated with 'conservitive' religion, ie doctrined code.

Though there are Ofcourse many examples both ways (and not exclusively)

darin
05-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Liberals want a token of everything. Liberals want the appearance of things important to people who give them power.

Liberals/progressive love the surface-level labeling of ANYTHING that motivates people to grant them a measure of control. To appeal to christians, they adopt pseudo-christianity (spiritualism). They insinuate spiritualism equates to godliness. To appeal to the poor they adopt pseudo-caring (forced 'giving' to charities, or direct money transfers from the willing to work to the willing to suck the teat of society). They insinuate oppressive taxes and coddling the lazy equate to compassion. To appeal to intellectuals they create the illusion of wisdom by placing too much importance on academic education.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 07:17 AM

Because by labeling every religeous person a fundy they lessen the meaning of the word nust like when call anyone who thinks gay is a sin a homophobe or whatever.

They dont like it when words have actual defined meanings

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Because progressive liberals have no idea what logic is.

Another broad sweeping generalization about liberals from a conservative.

Do conservatives consider themselves spiritual or religious? You tell me.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Another broad sweeping generalization about liberals from a conservative.

Do conservatives consider themselves spiritual or religious? You tell me.

"Another broad sweeping generalization"......see WS, you are definitely making an impact here. I can't help but imitate your debating style. It is hypocritical of you to chastise someone else for doing exactly what you do in the majority of your posts. It doesn't feel good does it. Kinda makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up a little bit when someone makes those "broad, sweeping generalizations" doesn't it. Like stating that everyone here hates you and wants you to leave the board. Pretty broad and sweeping when you use the word "everyone".

At any rate. You've labeled me conservative. I do lean to the right, especially when discussing issues with progressive liberals. A progressive liberal will always make a moderate look conservative.

Religion .... everyone on this board knows that I am not a religious person. I don't believe one needs religion to have faith.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
"Another broad sweeping generalization"......see WS, you are definitely making an impact here. I can't help but imitate your debating style. It is hypocritical of you to chastise someone else for doing exactly what you do in the majority of your posts. It doesn't feel good does it. Kinda makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up a little bit when someone makes those "broad, sweeping generalizations" doesn't it. Like stating that everyone here hates you and wants you to leave the board. Pretty broad and sweeping when you use the word "everyone".

At any rate. You've labeled me conservative. I do lean to the right, especially when discussing issues with progressive liberals. A progressive liberal will always make a moderate look conservative.

Religion .... everyone on this board knows that I am not a religious person. I don't believe one needs religion to have faith.

Thank you for your comment. I take it that you're more of a moderate. I have a good friend who leans to the left of me. He's a journalist. I couldn't get him to participate in a forum like this for the life of me. Too bad. He'd eat every conservative in here for breakfast.

fj1200
05-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Thank you for your comment. I take it that you're more of a moderate. I have a good friend who leans to the left of me. He's a journalist. I couldn't get him to participate in a forum like this for the life of me. Too bad. He'd eat every conservative in here for breakfast.

You might ask yourself why you can't get him to participate. ;)

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
You might ask yourself why you can't get him to participate. ;)

In this forum? You've got to be kidding? Why would he post here?

fj1200
05-16-2012, 05:31 PM

Intellectual challenge. Unless he's not up for it... which would be expected.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Intellectual challenge. Unless he's not up for it... which would be expected.

There is NO WAY he would come here. He's an international journalist.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 06:03 PM

I'm surprised he is one of your friends....you make him sound like he's really into the "superior" thing.

SassyLady
05-16-2012, 06:07 PM

One of the things I've learned about you WS is that you are sneaky. You post a response to me with just the first sentence. Then you go away to another thread and then come back here and edit your post to add the rest. I see that you do that a lot. Why? Why not just open another post and say what you have to say?

As for your friend eating every conservative here for breakfast.....we'd have him for lunch, dinner and dessert just like we do any other poster who comes here posting nothing but talking points without any backup. It's what we do. So, if you think your friend can hang with us, invite him on over. Who knows? If he is as good as you say he is, perhaps he'll change some of our beliefs.

logroller
05-16-2012, 06:07 PM

I believe this site is accessible via the World Wide Web. Does his work take him to lala land?

ConHog
05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Windy , windy, windy.......

Are you saying your friend would be the smartest man in the room the minute he walked in here?

fj1200
05-16-2012, 07:17 PM

I can understand that the internet doesn't reach to other countries but if he's not up to the challenge... :shrug:

ConHog
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I believe this site is accessible via the World Wide Web. Does his work take him to lala land?

Maybe she just misspoke and he's actually an inter GALACTIC journalist.

Kathianne
05-16-2012, 07:29 PM

I participate on a board with more than a few journalists. More than a few copy writers too. They haven't a problem expressing themselves, regardless of the topic. Go figure.

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I read stories from journalists world wide. Also from news stations and newscasters. Quite frankly, 99% of them don't impress me. The overwhelming majority are fueled by rhetoric. A true journalist can deliver an awesome story on facts alone, and great writing. Based on that, there are a handful on this board that I would rather be writing the majority of stories I read out there. I'm not saying these journalists aren't intelligent and aren't worth what they're getting paid - but if it ever came down to it, and one wanted to debate here - they wouldn't stand a chance unless they impressed us with the facts. I'll take someone who can articulate the facts over someone writing a novel of rhetoric.

And no, this isn't an insult to your friend, WS. I'm simply speaking in general. It's quite possible your friend could run circles around us. We'll never know unless he were to post.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm surprised he is one of your friends....you make him sound like he's really into the "superior" thing.

No, he's not into being superior. He's one of the smartest men I've ever met. And he's so well informed. I'm gonna ask him to coach me in my writing. The point I'm making is even though I don't fit here, I'm not making friends, I have real life friends and my value as a human being has nothing to do with this place.

logroller
05-16-2012, 08:14 PM
No, he's not into being superior. He's one of the smartest men I've ever met. And he's so well informed. I'm gonna ask him to coach me in my writing. The point I'm making is even though I don't fit here, I'm not making friends, I have real life friends and my value as a human being has nothing to do with this place.
A first grade teacher could coach you in your writing. Any journalist worth his salt wouldn't bother.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 08:16 PM
A first grade teacher could coach you in your writing. Any journalist worth his salt wouldn't bother.

He's retired now. What makes you think my friends don't recognize my positive qualities? Just because you don't, just because you think I'm stupid or write at a first grade level.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 08:18 PM
He's retired now. What makes you think my friends don't recognize my positive qualities? Just because you don't, just because you think I'm stupid or write at a first grade level.

YOU make it nearly impossible to acknowledge your positive attributes Windy. I posted that everyone needs to let YOU breathe, but fuck you don't let anyone else breathe either.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 08:20 PM
YOU make it nearly impossible to acknowledge your positive attributes Windy. I posted that everyone needs to let YOU breathe, but fuck you don't let anyone else breathe either.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 08:25 PM
That was breathing space. Get it?

logroller
05-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Truth is, I can't speculate on what qualities you demonstrate in real life...however, your quality of writing is evident.

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Truth is, I can't speculate on what qualities you demonstrate in real life...however, your quality of writing is evident.

logroller
05-16-2012, 09:51 PM

!

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jihw2AnCugA&feature=related

tailfins
05-16-2012, 10:05 PM

Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan were "spiritual".

05-16-2012, 11:00 PM

Why not? we do.

05-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan were "spiritual".

Ok... not entirely sure where you are going there.