PDA

View Full Version : An Answer for Mens Prayers.....

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 12:24 AM
"Pill meant to end periods poised for approval"

TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- Women looking for a simple way to avoid their menstrual period could soon have access the first birth control pill designed to let women suppress monthly bleeding indefinitely.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expect to announce approval Tuesday for Lybrel, a drug from Wyeth which would be the first pill to be taken continuously.

Lybrel, a name meant to evoke "liberty," would be the fourth new oral contraceptive that doesn't follow the standard schedule of 21 daily active pills, followed by seven sugar pills -- a design meant to mimic a woman's monthly cycle. Among the others, Yaz and Loestrin 24 shorten monthly periods to three days or less and Seasonique, an updated version of Seasonale, reduces them to four times a year. (Watch CNN's Elizabeth Cohen answer questions about Lybrel. )

Gynecologists say they've been seeing a slow but steady increase in women asking how to limit and even stop monthly bleeding. Surveys have found up to half of women would prefer not to have any periods, most would prefer them less often and a majority of doctors have prescribed contraception to prevent periods.

"I think it's the beginning of it being very common," said Dr. Leslie Miller, a University of Washington-Seattle obstetrician-gynecologist who runs a Web site focused on suppressing periods. "Lybrel says, 'You don't need a period."'

While that can be done easily -- sometimes more cheaply -- by skipping the sugar pills or replacing birth-control patches or vaginal rings sooner, doctors say the trend is fueled mainly by advertising for the new options. They expect plenty for Lybrel's July launch, although Madison, New Jersey-based Wyeth says it will market to doctors first.

Analysts have estimated Lybrel sales could reach $40 million this year and $235 million by 2010. U.S. sales of Seasonique, launched last August, hit $6.1 million in the first quarter of 2007. Predecessor Seasonale, which got cheaper generic competition in September, peaked at about $100 million. Yaz, launched last August, had first-quarter sales of $35.6 million; Loestrin 24, launched in April 2006, hit $34.4 million in the first quarter.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/05/21/no.more.periods.ap/index.html

This is to good to be true! An answer to a man's prayers, now we dont have to put up with horrible moods swings and bitchieness of the women during that time of the month.

05-22-2007, 06:53 AM
dont know why men would pray for it. seems alittle silly to me. men dont need the pill.

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 07:29 AM
dont know why men would pray for it. seems alittle silly to me. men dont need the pill.

Time will reveal this mystery of life to you grasshopper. :laugh2:

LOki
05-22-2007, 08:44 AM
I'll wager $1 American that the down side to this is that those on this pill are pre-menstrual 100% of the time.

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I'll wager $1 American that the down side to this is that those on this pill are pre-menstrual 100% of the time.

:laugh2: I was thinking with this pill they wouldn't have an excuse to be a bitch once a mouth for sometimes 2 weeks! It'll weed out the posers.:laugh2:

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 10:39 AM

This is to good to be true! An answer to a man's prayers, now we dont have to put up with horrible moods swings and bitchieness of the women during that time of the month.

That kind of attitude would give any woman "horrible mood swings," etc. :fu:

Doniston
05-22-2007, 10:43 AM

TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- Women looking for a simple way to avoid their menstrual period could soon have access the first birth control pill designed to let women suppress monthly bleeding indefinitely.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expect to announce approval Tuesday for Lybrel, a drug from Wyeth which would be the first pill to be taken continuously.

Lybrel, a name meant to evoke "liberty," would be the fourth new oral contraceptive that doesn't follow the standard schedule of 21 daily active pills, followed by seven sugar pills -- a design meant to mimic a woman's monthly cycle. Among the others, Yaz and Loestrin 24 shorten monthly periods to three days or less and Seasonique, an updated version of Seasonale, reduces them to four times a year. (Watch CNN's Elizabeth Cohen answer questions about Lybrel. )

Gynecologists say they've been seeing a slow but steady increase in women asking how to limit and even stop monthly bleeding. Surveys have found up to half of women would prefer not to have any periods, most would prefer them less often and a majority of doctors have prescribed contraception to prevent periods.

"I think it's the beginning of it being very common," said Dr. Leslie Miller, a University of Washington-Seattle obstetrician-gynecologist who runs a Web site focused on suppressing periods. "Lybrel says, 'You don't need a period."'

While that can be done easily -- sometimes more cheaply -- by skipping the sugar pills or replacing birth-control patches or vaginal rings sooner, doctors say the trend is fueled mainly by advertising for the new options. They expect plenty for Lybrel's July launch, although Madison, New Jersey-based Wyeth says it will market to doctors first.

Analysts have estimated Lybrel sales could reach $40 million this year and $235 million by 2010. U.S. sales of Seasonique, launched last August, hit $6.1 million in the first quarter of 2007. Predecessor Seasonale, which got cheaper generic competition in September, peaked at about $100 million. Yaz, launched last August, had first-quarter sales of $35.6 million; Loestrin 24, launched in April 2006, hit $34.4 million in the first quarter.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/05/21/no.more.periods.ap/index.html

This is to good to be true! An answer to a man's prayers, now we dont have to put up with horrible moods swings and bitchieness of the women during that time of the month. from your comments lately, I have to beleive you are a woman-hater. if so, that's too bad, but your problem.

as to the issue:

I am rather wary of such a drastic change. The period is part of nature and serves a function. I think such a pill could have drastic, unforseen effects.

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Cool pill, you can already do that tho if you skip the week off by not taking the green regular pills and just start on the white ones right away.

Hagbard Celine
05-22-2007, 10:51 AM

More sex!

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 10:52 AM
:laugh2: I was thinking with this pill they wouldn't have an excuse to be a bitch once a mouth for sometimes 2 weeks! It'll weed out the posers.:laugh2:

No offense, but could somebody flush this page?

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 10:57 AM

Flushing is not proper disposal, it'll clog yer plumbing.

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 10:59 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/15.gif

lily
05-22-2007, 12:10 PM

Wow, that's real advanced thinking there. When should we start wearing the burkas so you can "control" us better? Should we now take our weekly beatings in silence while we serve you? Do we get to say we have a headache, or would you like us to just lay there for you?

Only a man would think something that goes so against nature would be a good thing, to make his life easier.

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Only a man would think something that goes so against nature would be a good thing, to make his life easier.
Well ya hafta admit it would make a lot of womens life easier as well.

Hobbit
05-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow, that's real advanced thinking there. When should we start wearing the burkas so you can "control" us better? Should we now take our weekly beatings in silence while we serve you? Do we get to say we have a headache, or would you like us to just lay there for you?

When my back hurts, my feet hurt, and my soul is crushed from having to put up with my miserable job so I can go back to school, and I come home feeling like puke, I sit down and calm myself. I show some restraint. I try to be a nice person anyway, even though it's really frickin' tough. I know that biological clock can make you moody, but asking you to kindly cram it in your pie-hole because I don't care if you've got cramps is not tantamount to domestic violence or a rolling back of women's rights. What about men's rights to tell you to shut the hell up and deal with it (First Ammendment being what it is)? Geez, you sound like one of those women who try to turn it into a civil rights struggle when a some horrible Y chromosome tells you you're about to miss a turn.

Cramps is an excuse for failing to be civil from time to time, but it's not an excuse for not trying, and if it's so trying for you to have to put up with this horrible thing that nobody else except for every woman who ever lived to puberty ever had to put with, why are you so bitchy about the fact that now there's a pill just because men are celebrating the fact that maybe we won't have to do the eggshell walk 3+ days/month?

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 12:19 PM

:laugh2:

Yeah, that was real "advanced" thinking for sure. :coffee:

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
When my back hurts, my feet hurt, and my soul is crushed from having to put up with my miserable job so I can go back to school, and I come home feeling like puke, I sit down and calm myself. I show some restraint. I try to be a nice person anyway, even though it's really frickin' tough. I know that biological clock can make you moody, but asking you to kindly cram it in your pie-hole because I don't care if you've got cramps is not tantamount to domestic violence or a rolling back of women's rights. What about men's rights to tell you to shut the hell up and deal with it (First Ammendment being what it is)? Geez, you sound like one of those women who try to turn it into a civil rights struggle when a some horrible Y chromosome tells you you're about to miss a turn.

Cramps is an excuse for failing to be civil from time to time, but it's not an excuse for not trying, and if it's so trying for you to have to put up with this horrible thing that nobody else except for every woman who ever lived to puberty ever had to put with, why are you so bitchy about the fact that now there's a pill just because men are celebrating the fact that maybe we won't have to do the eggshell walk 3+ days/month?

So what's men's excuse for being uncivil? Testosterone overdose? :laugh2:

05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
More sex!

i guarentee you women will be denying men their right to sex just as much as before:p

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 12:32 PM

Good point, testytosterone IS the cause of men's aggression and therefore violence.

Maybe men should have to take a pill to prevent them from gettin all warrior and raping and pillaging.

Why should women have to put up with a world dominated by excessive male violence?

I mean it is after gonna be a huge relief for all those men to be able to live without that agro surge that testytosterone injects into an otherwise peaceful world.

05-22-2007, 12:32 PM

What are you talking about? we are perfect gentlemen.

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
What are you talking about? we are perfect gentlemen.

You might be, but I've met some unmitigated assholes in my lifetime! Fortunately, I never married one; I only ended up working for a few.

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
i guarentee you women will be denying men their right to sex just as much as before:p

Not a pleasant slip Avy, too much info

Hagbard Celine
05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Maybe. I have faith that there's a lot of good women out there. :laugh:

lily
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Well ya hafta admit it would make a lot of womens life easier as well.

That's a matter of opinion. Personally I prefer not to go against what is natural.

05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
You might be, but I've met some unmitigated assholes in my lifetime! Fortunately, I never married one; I only ended up working for a few.

boys arent men;)

05-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Maybe. I have faith that there's a lot of good women out there. :laugh:

The patriotic ones?;)

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 12:43 PM
That's a matter of opinion. Personally I prefer not to go against what is natural.

No bodies gona be forcing this pill on anyone anytime soon so no worries on that front. I would perfer not to have a period myself.

Birdzeye
boys arent men;)

Are you saying that being an unmitigated asshole is a character trait of young males? :coffee:

lily

Sorry Hobbit........but when I read the highlighted words, it gives me the impression that you don't know what you are talking about. Hint......it's not cramps, biological clock or any other reason that a woman may get on your nerves for 3 days out of the month. It's hormones. But then you can do what some cultures did in the past. Put us in a seperate room or building for those 3 days.

The fact that I am against this pill because it goes so against nature is one thing.........but the reasons you men give for wanting it are archaic and selfish.

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Sorry Hobbit........but when I read the highlighted words, it gives me the impression that you don't know what you are talking about. Hint......it's not cramps, biological clock or any other reason that a woman may get on your nerves for 3 days out of the month. It's hormones. But then you can do what some cultures did in the past. Put us in a seperate room or building for those 3 days.

The fact that I am against this pill because it goes so against nature is one thing.........but the reasons you men give for wanting it are archaic and selfish.

Hey, don't give him ideas like that! :laugh2:

lily
05-22-2007, 12:47 PM
No bodies gona be forcing this pill on anyone anytime soon so no worries on that front. I would perfer not to have a period myself.

I know that. I'm stating my opinion and addressing the blatant misconseptions some seem to have. Women were not put on this earth to make men's life heaven.

05-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Are you saying that being an unmitigated asshole is a character trait of young males? :coffee:

yes

Hobbit
05-22-2007, 12:52 PM

I'm just repeating what I've heard, and admittedly, my knowledge is rather limited, and I'm open to try to understand it (honestly). I have a sister and a mother, and all I ever learned about it from them was just stay out of the way when they started going at each other (they were usually pretty nice to me as long as I didn't get in the middle, and unless they crossed swords, I had a pretty tough time nailing down when they were...well...you know). Still, the ones I see blaming it on their period are typically the ones who are jerks all the time, and the ones who are usually polite apologize when they go off, even if it is just the hormones.

And yes, the reason men would like said pill to become mainstream is rather selfish, but there's really nothing wrong with being selfish from time to time. Hey, it's not like it's going to be legal to compel anybody to take that pill. If you think it's unnatural and wrong, then you don't have to take it, and I'm not so shallow and selfish that I'm going to try to pressure anyone into taking the thing.

So what's men's excuse for being uncivil? Testosterone overdose?

Nah, we're uncivil because it's fun. :P

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
addressing the blatant misconseptions some seem to have. Women were not put on this earth to make men's life heaven.

Oh I agree with that part.

Hobbit
05-22-2007, 12:56 PM
I know that. I'm stating my opinion and addressing the blatant misconseptions some seem to have. Women were not put on this earth to make men's life heaven.

Actually, isn't that exactly why women were put on this Earth?

Granted, the same book that claims that also states, in no uncertain terms, that that's a 2-way street. It's just that some guys prefer to ignore those parts.

The best marriages I've ever seen are the ones where both spouses see their primary responsibility in the relationship as making the other happy...that, and raising really awesome kids...like me.

lily
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm just repeating what I've heard, and admittedly, my knowledge is rather limited, and I'm open to try to understand it (honestly). I have a sister and a mother, and all I ever learned about it from them was just stay out of the way when they started going at each other (they were usually pretty nice to me as long as I didn't get in the middle, and unless they crossed swords, I had a pretty tough time nailing down when they were...well...you know). .

Well, I could address this phenomenon but I don't think here is the place.:wink2:

Still, the ones I see blaming it on their period are typically the ones who are jerks all the time, and the ones who are usually polite apologize when they go off, even if it is just the hormones.

Well then a pill to stop their period isn't going to help them is it?

And yes, the reason men would like said pill to become mainstream is rather selfish, but there's really nothing wrong with being selfish from time to time. Hey, it's not like it's going to be legal to compel anybody to take that pill. If you think it's unnatural and wrong, then you don't have to take it, and I'm not so shallow and selfish that I'm going to try to pressure anyone into taking the thing.

.......and that is not the point I was addressing in my first post on this topic. Yes no one is going to be forced on this pill, but it appears that some here just might like it to be manditory.

Hobbit
05-22-2007, 01:04 PM
.......and that is not the point I was addressing in my first post on this topic. Yes no one is going to be forced on this pill, but it appears that some here just might like it to be manditory.

I think they're mostly joking. I know I find it amusing.

lily
05-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Actually, isn't that exactly why women were put on this Earth?

Didn't you just answer your own question?

Granted, the same book that claims that also states, in no uncertain terms, that that's a 2-way street. It's just that some guys prefer to ignore those parts.

The best marriages I've ever seen are the ones where both spouses see their primary responsibility in the relationship as making the other happy...that, and raising really awesome kids...like me.

Nienna
05-22-2007, 01:05 PM

Women were put on this earth to make men's lives complete.

The other comment, about women going away to a separate tent for the week of their menstrual cylce... sign me up! Sitting around, resting, talking to other women for that week, not having to deal with the men. Sounds like a vacation to me!

I agree about the pill, though. Seems unnatural, and I would bet there are some crazy side effects. Many women have trouble even with the "normal" pill.

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Women were put on this earth to make men's lives complete.

The other comment, about women going away to a separate tent for the week of their menstrual cylce... sign me up! Sitting around, resting, talking to other women for that week, not having to deal with the men. Sounds like a vacation to me!

I agree about the pill, though. Seems unnatural, and I would bet there are some crazy side effects. Many women have trouble even with the "normal" pill.

Well, Nienna, you gave me a completely different perspective on the concept of a separate tent! Instead of seeing it as banishment, it would become a vacation instead!

Too bad I've been through menopause! :coffee:

I DID take hormones when I began menopause, to treat the hot flashes. They did give me relief.

Hagbard Celine
05-22-2007, 01:12 PM
The patriotic ones?;)

Patriotism is always the first thing I look for in a woman.

Nienna
05-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Well, Nienna, you gave me a completely different perspective on the concept of a separate tent! Instead of seeing it as banishment, it would become a vacation instead!

Too bad I've been through menopause! :coffee:

You can still visit the tent. Grab another cuppa for me, and come in & talk awhile. :)

I DID take hormones when I began menopause, to treat the hot flashes. They did give me relief.

Women need to decide what's best for them. As for myself, I have a blood condition & can't take any kind of hormones. That may be different when I hit menopause, I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable with upsetting the delicate chemistry in my body, and for the symptoms I have now, I would rather just deal with it than mess up my body chemistry. My husband doesn't have it too bad, IMO. I don't get angry or have radical mood swings. Just a little (okay, sometimes a lot) clingy and insecure, but I try mot to inflict that on him too much. :)

Nienna
05-22-2007, 01:30 PM

LOL! :D

Birdzeye
05-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the invite, Nienna! :beer:

Since these hormones are really an optional thing, it's really a matter of the doctor and patient discussing what's best for that particular patient.

I went off the hormones when word started coming out that they weren't all they were cut up to be. However, because I have hypothyroidism, I continue to take the thyroid hormone supplements.

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Seriously, I don't like to see any woman do anything that alters their body in anyway. I can see the standard pill used for regulation of abnormal cycles though.

I don't feel good about women taking this pill, whether they want it or not, because it doesn't seem to be widely tested. That makes women guinea pigs, a test bed for a drug company and it's just not right.

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 03:29 PM
I can't take BC pills, they make me throw up even low hormone ones. I use the orthro evra patch. 2 periods a year rocks tho my body doesn’t always cooperate and haven't ever had less than 4.

Hagbard Celine
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the update. I'll be sure and bring my log up to speed.

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 04:08 PM
I can't take BC pills, they make me throw up even low hormone ones. I use the orthro evra patch. 2 periods a year rocks tho my body doesn’t always cooperate and haven't ever had less than 4.

LN, why would you take BC of any type, I thought you said you were a lesbo?

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 04:55 PM

You're a minor and a lezbo, why would you be on contraceptives?

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 06:05 PM
You're a minor and a lezbo, why would you be on contraceptives?

A lot of women take the pill for period reasons, I know my ex did. So what if she is a Lesbian? That's her choice isn't it? I dont see what giving her shit or dragging her name through the mud would do.

And I never said that this pill would be mandatory or even that I wanted it to, but during that time of the month my ex would be on a rampage, it was aweful.

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 06:20 PM
A lot of women take the pill for period reasons, I know my ex did. So what if she is a Lesbian? That's her choice isn't it? I dont see what giving her shit or dragging her name through the mud would do.

And I never said that this pill would be mandatory or even that I wanted it to, but during that time of the month my ex would be on a rampage, it was aweful.

Chill man... what the hell is wrong with calling her a lezbo if in fact she is a lesbian? I don't see a problem... why do you?

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Chill man... what the hell is wrong with calling her a lezbo if in fact she is a lesbian? I don't see a problem... why do you?

Lezbo is a pretty derogative word to use.

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Lezbo is a pretty derogative word to use.

Why? Who say's so?

05-22-2007, 06:31 PM

so you only date conservatives?;) just teasing.

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 06:36 PM

Been on it since I was 15. Have really bad periods. The cramps are the worse part. Would get so bad I can't stay in school like the first 3 days. Still bad on this patch, I just have fewer. Preventing pregnancy isn't BC only use.

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Been on it since I was 15. Have really bad periods. The cramps are the worse part. Would get so bad I can't stay in school like the first 3 days. Still bad on this patch, I just have fewer. Preventing pregnancy isn't BC only use.

Understandable.

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 06:42 PM
So what if she is a Lesbian? That's her choice isn't it? I dont see what giving her shit or dragging her name through the mud would do.

:clap:

05-22-2007, 06:48 PM

how is calling her a lesbian dragging her name through the mud when she readily admits being one? is it some sort of insult to be a lesbian now?

krisy
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't like the idea of this pill either. I don't believe it is healthy for a woman not to menstrate. Menstration is also one way a woman's body cleans itself out....sorry,I don't mean to be gross!!!

As bad as we feel on our periods,I think it could be worse not having them.

I had trouble taking the low dose normal pill. It made me emotional all the time. There is also a birth control shot,,,,it's horrible. Headaches,bad moods,not fun!!!

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Low dose hormone pill made me feel good but also ended in me pucking my guts out 4 hours after I swallowed one. Took them at night woke up at 2 on the dot, awake for 2 hours sick, then back to sleep. Couldn't keep doing that.

The shot seems to work for a lot of girls at my highschool but most take the pill that gives you only 4 periods a year or something.

Said1
05-22-2007, 08:35 PM

Talk about someone needing to shut their pie hole. WTF do you know about it? Oh yeah, you 'know' women. :laugh2:

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Talk about someone needing to shut their pie hole. WTF do you know about it? Oh yeah, you 'know' women. :laugh2:

Having followed the thread with amusement, bewilderment and some pity I suspect that a lot of the conclusions drawn by women were true.

>Lesbo is insulting where lesbian might not be

>most of the cheering about the pill came from men who apparently do not enjoy how that time of the month cramps their style

>most of the women are not eager to be "fixed" by a pill unless that time of the month is unbearable

I suspect that if women were somehow "liberated' from the cycles of life there would be something gained and something lost.

And men might regret what was lost more than the converse.

Sometimes you don't know how good it is until you ruin it.

Or in Manspeak: if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:07 PM
how is calling her a lesbian dragging her name through the mud when she readily admits being one? is it some sort of insult to be a lesbian now?

No, its the way he said it, and calling her a lezbo not a lesbian, that just seems pretty cold to me.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:14 PM

shattered
05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
How is "lesbo" any different than "lesbian"? Merely a shortened version of the word.

Methinks some people need to chill out, and stop being so overly sensitive..

Incidently, I think this pill is a bad idea - women bleed for a reason.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:18 PM

Thank's......... :wink2:

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
How is "lesbo" any different than "lesbian"? Merely a shortened version of the word.

Thats not really nice saying people need to chill out.

shattered
05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Thats not really nice saying people need to chill out.

Niceness isn't one of the things I'm best known for..

Speaking my mind is, however.. :)

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:49 PM

Dont forget your young looks and model like beauty. Those are two things you are known for too!

shattered
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Dont forget your young looks and model like beauty. Those are two things you are known for too!

Suckup. :2up:

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 09:51 PM

But that doesn't mean you aren't nice under that black leather armor.

I was thinking about your lesbo/lesbian comment.

I can not speak for anyone, and ido not mean to infer that this is true for many....but i suspect that for some the difference between lesbo and lesbian could be as vast as the difference between negro and nigger to somebody else.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Suckup. :2up:

Im serious, im not just trying to get rep points, not that I would mind thm, im just trying to be honest with you! :)

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 09:55 PM

I can not speak for anyone, and ido not mean to infer that this is true for many....but i suspect that for some the difference between lesbo and lesbian could be as vast as the difference between negro and nigger to somebody else.

That's a good point! :clap:

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:01 PM

I'm not so sure.. Historically, "nigger" is actually a derrogatory comment, and is used in specific reference to a certain "class" of person..

I don't think there's any class difference between a "lesbo", and a "lesbian"..

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:05 PM

Thanks Lily, can you please send me a PM?

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm not so sure.. Historically, "nigger" is actually a derrogatory comment, and is used in specific reference to a certain "class" of person..

It just really sounds negative and I am sure Pale ment it to be negative given his stance on people who are in the alternative lifestyle.

lily
05-22-2007, 10:08 PM
>Lesbo is insulting where lesbian might not be

Exactly..........it's rather funny how those that can't see it get so upset when someone questions their sexuality, or their weight.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Exactly..........it's rather funny how those that can't see it get so upset when someone questions their sexuality, or their weight.

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM
It just really sounds negative and I am sure Pale ment it to be negative given his stance on people who are in the alternative lifestyle.

Eh.. Usually, when he means it to be negative, there's a few f-bombs thrown in there.. this time, I think he was just making a point, or specifically, asking a question.

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 10:12 PM

How do you know that Lesbo isn't a derogatory word?

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Eh.. Usually, when he means it to be negative, there's a few f-bombs thrown in there.. this time, I think he was just making a point, or specifically, asking a question.

Oh, ok :-)

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:14 PM
How do you know that Lesbo isn't a derogatory word?

To someone else? I don't. However, I also don't know one lesbian that's ever taken offense to it, either... So, if THEY aren't taking offense to it, why is someone who's NOT one taking offense to it?

Gunny
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM

Not anymore funny than anyone else's selective thin skin ... say for not having an argument but refusing to admit it and putting people on ignore because one can't hang.:laugh2:

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 10:20 PM
To someone else? I don't. However, I also don't know one lesbian that's ever taken offense to it, either... So, if THEY aren't taking offense to it, why is someone who's NOT one taking offense to it?

Well Liberal nation did applaud Nevada slim's first comment about the term.

lezzes, lezzies, lesbos
1. derog slang
Short forms of lesbian.
Etymology: 1920s (although lesbo did not become current until 1940s): previously used by heterosexuals as derisive insults to gay women, though it seems that gay women are now using the words to describe themselves in positive terms.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:22 PM

I didn't take offense.

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM

"Short form of..." and "now using the words to describe themselves in positive terms."

Seems to me it went from a generic short form of, to positive, when a minor derrogatory thrown in about what.. 60 years ago? *shrug*

Still my opinion that people spend too much time reading in to a simple word.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM

:clap: The other thing is if she wanted people to know that, then she can bring it up, but outing her in message board is not cool. You could have just asked her in a PM instead of posting her personal business up for everyone to see.

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:26 PM
:clap: The other thing is if she wanted people to know that, then she can bring it up, but outing her in message board is not cool. You could have just asked her in a PM instead of posting her personal business up for everyone to see.

Umm.. She announced it to the world when she first started posting here...

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 10:32 PM

That's post#48 (I think).

Just a very common short version of lesbian, nothing derogatory intended by it at all.

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:33 PM
That's post#48 (I think).

Just a very common short version of lesbian, nothing derogatory intended by it at all.

That's the way I saw it.. Tho, for some reason I thought Pale asked the question.. Sawwy...

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
The other thing is if she wanted people to know that, then she can bring it up, but outing her in message board is not cool. You could have just asked her in a PM instead of posting her personal business up for everyone to see.

What in the world do think she has the homo flag for an avatar for?! I knew she was a lesbo long before you ever came on this board nm. And evidently there's much you need to learn about me. I do NOT buy into cute little warm and fuzzy names for queers and lesbo's, but frankly, I don't see a damn thing wrong with calling a lesbian a lesbo. I would to their face. Since when did it become bad, and who exactly decided that? You? Loose? And who appointed you two the board PC police?

So just for the record, don't expect me to sugar coat any comment to a lesbo or fag. That's just the way I am. That's how I talk. You can like or not. It isn't going to make any difference to me. Get used to it.

And shattered is correct. When I was asking LN, I was NOT trying to insult her, and I noticed it was NOT her that got all butt hurt. It was YOU that took it upon yourself to jump all in my shit. Had you not said anything I highly doubt LN would have. So if you're trying to impress her, PM her and do your sucking up. Keep me out of it.

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Still my opinion that people spend too much time reading in to a simple word.

gee I don't suppose you ever did that.

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:37 PM
What in the world do think she has the homo flag for an avatar for?! I knew she was a lesbo long before you ever came on this board nm. And evidently there's much you need to learn about me. I do NOT buy into cute little warm and [b]fuzzy names for queers and lesbo's, but frankly, I don't see a damn thing wrong with calling a lesbian a lesbo. I would to their face. Since when did it become bad, and who exactly decided that? You? Loose? And who appointed you two the board PC police?

So just for the record, don't expect me to sugar coat any comment to a lesbo or fag. That's just the way I am. That's how I talk. You can like or not. It isn't going to make any difference to me. Get used to it.

And shattered is correct. When I was asking LN, I was NOT trying to insult her, and I noticed it was NOT her that got all but hurt. It was YOU that took it upon yourself to jump all in my shit. Had you not said anything I highly doubt LN would have. So if you're trying to impress her, PM her and do your sucking up. Keep me out of it.

F bombs. :coffee:

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:37 PM
What in the world do think she has the homo flag for an avatar for?! I knew she was a lesbo long before you ever came on this board nm. And evidently there's much you need to learn about me. I do NOT buy into cute little warm and fuzzy names for queers and lesbo's, but frankly, I don't see a damn thing wrong with calling a lesbian a lesbo. I would to their face. Since when did it become bad, and who exactly decided that? You? Loose? And who appointed you two the board PC police?

And shattered is correct. When I was asking LN, I was NOT trying to insult her, and I noticed it was NOT her that got all but hurt. It was YOU that took it upon yourself to jump all in my shit. Had you not said anything I highly doubt LN would have. So if you're trying to impress her, PM her and do your sucking up. Keep me out of it.

I am not trying to impress her or anyone. I am saying how I read something and then commented on it, that is the point of a blog, so deal with it.

shattered
05-22-2007, 10:39 PM
gee I don't suppose you ever did that.

Since you're going to bring that up here, I'll just say there's a difference between one thread discussing a specific topic, and a dozen threads posted just to harrass..

On that note, you have a nice nite.

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
That's the way I saw it.. Tho, for some reason I thought Pale asked the question.. Sawwy...

No big deal to me.. I think Pale did use the same term..It's just a non-issue regardless of who said it, IMO.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:43 PM
No big deal to me.. I think Pale did use the same term..It's just a non-issue regardless of who said it, IMO.

IMO?

Mr. P
05-22-2007, 10:45 PM
IMO?

In my opinion

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
In my opinion

Oh ok.

05-22-2007, 10:49 PM

Men bleed for a reason too.... usually cause some bleeding woman has stabbed them:p

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 10:50 PM

And shattered is correct. When I was asking LN, I was NOT trying to insult her, and I noticed it was NOT her that got all butt hurt. It was YOU that took it upon yourself to jump all in my shit. Had you not said anything I highly doubt LN would have. So if you're trying to impress her, PM her and do your sucking up. Keep me out of it.

Cant you say alternative lifestlyle or gay flag? Homo is definaty a rude word to use about gay people.

05-22-2007, 10:51 PM

How is someone questioning their sexuality when they call them a lesbian because that person has made it clear they are one?

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I am not trying to impress her or anyone. I am saying how I read something and then commented on it, that is the point of a blog, so deal with it.

So your only intent was to climb up my ass about it. Fine cherry. I'll deal with it alright, but you may not like it.

But you keep in mind, you started with me, so don't whine if this gets nasty. Or just stay off my ass. I give what I get. Remember that.

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Cant you say alternative lifestlyle or gay flag? Homo is definaty a rude word to use about gay people.

I'm a rude son of a bitch. Get used to it. My posting style hasn't changed on Jimmy's boards for going on three years. I'm damn sure not going to change for some cherry that just got here. You're not going to change anything. I suggest you just go about your business of posting and not try and be the PC police. You'll wind up pissing off more than just me here. The board was fine before you, and it'll fine after you too. Nobody here needs you impressing your brand of political correctness on them. We moderators that decide what's allowable and what isn't. That's their job, not yours.

05-22-2007, 11:05 PM

there anything that isnt rude? Cant talk about homosexuals at all without them getting offended it seems.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2007, 11:06 PM
This thread has PMS.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:06 PM
NOW HOMO IS RUDE TOO??? WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU A FAG? IS THAT IT?

No im not, but I have friends who are Gay. I can understand that you dont like gay people but it doesn't mean you have to speak badly about them that's all, im not climbing on your ass, im just merely stating my observation.

lily
05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
How is someone questioning their sexuality when they call them a lesbian because that person has made it clear they are one?

I wasn't talking about LN when I made that comment, I was talking about others here who like to throw around derogatory names, but get insulted when it is used on them.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:09 PM
This thread has PMS.

:laugh2: Yea it got really out of wack, thats for sure.

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 11:23 PM
No im not, but I have friends who are Gay. I can understand that you dont like gay people but it doesn't mean you have to speak badly about them that's all, im not climbing on your ass, im just merely stating my observation.

I'll speak badly about them every chance I get. Too many people are coddling them. That makes them enablers. Queers don't need to be coddled, accepted, or have a cute name. They need to be told the truth. That they're sick and need help, and that not everybody is going to play their little game.

Homosexuality is a vile, disgusting and perverted sickness. Do NOT expect me sugar coat that.... ever. That's just the way it is.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll speak badly about them every chance I get. Too many people are coddling them. That makes them enablers. Queers don't need to be coddled, accepted, or have a cute name. They need to be told the truth. That they're sick and need help, and that not everybody is going to play their little game.

Homosexuality is a vile, disgusting and perverted sickness. Do NOT expect me sugar coat that.... ever. That's just the way it is.

That's your opinion.

lily
05-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I'll speak badly about them every chance I get. Too many people are coddling them. That makes them enablers. Bigots don't need to be coddled, accepted, or have a cute name. They need to be told the truth. That they're sick and need help, and that not everybody is going to play their little game.

Bigotry is a vile, disgusting and perverted sickness. Do NOT expect me sugar coat that.... ever. That's just the way it is.

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Bigotry is a vile, disgusting and perverted sickness. Do NOT expect me sugar coat that.... ever. That's just the way it is.

:clap: :cheers2:

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Bigotry is a vile, disgusting and perverted sickness.

The biggest bigots in the world are the homo crowd and their supporters. They have gone so far as to try and make anything said against them against the law. There is no greater example of bigotry than that.

I excersize my right to free speach. You disagree with what I say. You are the bigot. You are vile and disgusting by your own description.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Can we please get back on topic here?

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Can we please get back on topic here?

Why? You started this mess.

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 11:41 PM
GAWD I have never seen a more rabid display of human frailties and insecurities and issues masquerade as indignation and indifference.

Our VP has a gay daughter who just adopted a hetro conceived baby.

Does that make your skin crawl?

Does it bother anybody here that the party of "values" is the party of gay priests from colorado who bang male escorts, and congressmen who blackberry their pages for penis discussions while they wait to vote on the next GOP rammed agenda item, and gay prostitutes who frequent the White House as guests?

Get over yourselves.

Your hatred of and anger toward gays, libs, commies, socialists, wetbacks, niggers, women, muslims is not about them.

YOU have goddamned issues.

Take a hint and learn to accept people you don't like or fully agree with, and stop making every goddamned thing in the whole world about YOU!

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Why? You started this mess.

No, you brought it up with asking why LN needed to be on birth control because she was a lesbo. But I think w should get back on topic, that's all.

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 11:44 PM
The biggest bigots in the world are the homo crowd and their supporters. They have gone so far as to try and make anything said against them against the law. There is no greater example of bigotry than that.

Then you have apparently never heard about the Jews in Israel.

Because if you do so much as criticize them you are an antisemite.

If you deny the official version of the holocaust in Europe, you DO go to jail.

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 11:45 PM
No, you brought it up with asking why LN needed to be on birth control because she was a lesbo. But I think w should get back on topic, that's all.

No... YOU got all butt hurt and thought you'd be LN's knight in shinning armor.

lily
05-22-2007, 11:46 PM

I'd be interested in reading that law.

I excersize my right to free speach. You disagree with what I say. You are the bigot. You are vile and disgusting by your own description.

Ah....the old I'm rubber you're glue argement.

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Then you have apparently never heard about the Jews in Israel.

Because if you do so much as criticize them you are an antisemite.

If you deny the official version of the holocaust in Europe, you DO go to jail.

Keep it in America... K?

Pale Rider
05-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I'd be interested in reading that law.
I don't believe it passed. People saw it for what it was. The homo/lesbian agenda being shoved down our throats in an attempt to silence any voices of opposition to the homo/lesbo life style.

Ah....the old I'm rubber you're glue argement.
That's rather elementary of you. It's not a game. People that like to throw around the bigot word usually are it's best examples of it.

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Not trying to be her knight in Shining Armor at all. I am not going to let someone get attacked because of their prefrences. I would stick up for anyone who get's jumped on, not just LN.

lily
05-22-2007, 11:58 PM
I don't believe it passed. People saw it for what it was. The homo/lesbian agenda being shoved down our throats in an attempt to silence any voices of opposition to the homo/lesbo life style.

If my memory serves me correctly Bush said he'd veto the bill, which I actually agreed with him on. States have enough laws, we dont' need federal laws on top of that.

That's rather elementary of you. It's not a game. People that like to throw around the bigot word usually are it's best examples of it.

If you say so.......I guess there is no way of proving that, and I call 'em as I see 'em.

Pale Rider
05-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Not trying to be her knight in Shining Armor at all. I am not going to let someone get attacked because of their prefrences. I would stick up for anyone who get's jumped on, not just LN.

Then you're going to have to keep doing a lot of jumping, because from the board owner on down, there's a ton of us here that are adamantly against homos and queers, and usually mince no words about it.

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Then you're going to have to keep doing a lot of jumping, because from the board owner on down, there's a ton of us here that are adamantly against homos and queers, and usually mince no words about it.

Thats fine. Thats the beauty of America, everyone can think what they want and feel how they want, but what good comes out of attacking someone?

Pale Rider
05-23-2007, 12:21 AM
If you say so.......I guess there is no way of proving that, and I call 'em as I see 'em.

The proof is as evident as the nose on your face. You can't hide from it.

Call 'em any way you want. Just watch out for it coming home to roast. I believe you're familiar with that old glass house story.

Pale Rider
05-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Thats fine. Thats the beauty of America, everyone can think what they want and feel how they want, but what good comes out of attacking someone?

nm.... for God's sake man, I wasn't ATTACKING HER! I see NOTHING WRONG with calling a lesbian a lesbo! Shit man... quit making a mountain out of a mole hill.

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 12:25 AM
nm.... for God's sake man, I wasn't ATTACKING HER! I see NOTHING WRONG with calling a lesbian a lesbo! Shit man... quit making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I understand that now.

JLO
05-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Hey I am all for it! No more periods would be a GREAT thing! I could go for more sex in the month!:ssex:

Hagbard Celine
05-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey I am all for it! No more periods would be a GREAT thing! I could go for more sex in the month!:ssex:

A woman after my own heart :cheers2:

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 08:59 AM

:clap: :laugh2: :clap:

Birdzeye
05-23-2007, 09:34 AM
We moderators that decide what's allowable and what isn't. That's their job, not yours.

How come you don't have "DP Staff" under your name, like the other mods?

Birdzeye
05-23-2007, 09:35 AM
I'll speak badly about them every chance I get. Too many people are coddling them. That makes them enablers. Bigots don't need to be coddled, accepted, or have a cute name. They need to be told the truth. That they're sick and need help, and that not everybody is going to play their little game.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Birdzeye
05-23-2007, 09:37 AM

Care to show us what laws they tried to pass to make it illegal to speak ill of them?

Birdzeye
05-23-2007, 09:38 AM
GAWD I have never seen a more rabid display of human frailties and insecurities and issues masquerade as indignation and indifference.

Does it bother anybody here that the party of "values" is the party of gay priests from colorado who bang male escorts, and congressmen who blackberry their pages for penis discussions while they wait to vote on the next GOP rammed agenda item, and gay prostitutes who frequent the White House as guests?

Get over yourselves.

Your hatred of and anger toward gays, libs, commies, socialists, wetbacks, niggers, women, muslims is not about them.

Take a hint and learn to accept people you don't like or fully agree with, and stop making every goddamned thing in the whole world about YOU!

You hit the nail on the head, I'm afraid.

Doniston
05-23-2007, 10:10 AM
You hit the nail on the head, I'm afraid. Agreed

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
You hit the nail on the head, I'm afraid.

Well I think it was overstated, but that's not unusual considering the source.

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Good point, testytosterone IS the cause of men's aggression and therefore violence.

Maybe men should have to take a pill to prevent them from gettin all warrior and raping and pillaging.

Why should women have to put up with a world dominated by excessive male violence?

I mean it is after gonna be a huge relief for all those men to be able to live without that agro surge that testytosterone injects into an otherwise peaceful world.

mayyyyyyyybe... I'm not so sure I'd be in favor of such a thing, loose... if one country did it and got all peaceful then another country, perhaps a neighbor that only feigned taking theirs could invade...

and with the menfolk of country A all laid back, then country B could sweep in and take over, raping and pillaging to their heart's content... IMO, not a good plan...

now... back to the topic... the pill that eliminates a woman's menstural period forever... I'm sorry, but that seems strange to me... what are the side effects? where does the egg go? what happens to them?

and I'd want to know how they tested it... or are the women taking it going to be their guinea pigs?

would you be willing to jeopardize your wife's health just to not have to experience that time of the month? I know my wife's life is more important to me than an extra week of sex... but I'm not sure about y'all...

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Get over yourselves.

well said, loose... well said.

I'll have to keep track of this post so I can rep you for it after I spread it around some more... cuz I just pos repped you for another zinger earlier...

Doniston
05-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Seriously, I don't like to see any woman do anything that alters their body in anyway. I can see the standard pill used for regulation of abnormal cycles though.

I don't feel good about women taking this pill, whether they want it or not, because it doesn't seem to be widely tested. That makes women guinea pigs, a test bed for a drug company and it's just not right.me too, It could just be another mistake for the benefit of no one.

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 02:17 PM
me too, It could just be another mistake for the benefit of no one.

except the pharmeceutical company... and their stock holders... so what are a few women's lives when there's profit to be made... right boys?

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 02:29 PM
mayyyyyyyybe... I'm not so sure I'd be in favor of such a thing, loose..

I was being sarcastic and offering a reverse scenario.

If a pill was created that would "fix" men's agro the same way that this pill will "fix" female chemistry would anybody want to be fixed?

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 04:55 PM

That is not true, im sticking up for someone who I consider a friend. Friends do that for eachother.

nevadamedic
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
mayyyyyyyybe... I'm not so sure I'd be in favor of such a thing, loose... if one country did it and got all peaceful then another country, perhaps a neighbor that only feigned taking theirs could invade...

and with the menfolk of country A all laid back, then country B could sweep in and take over, raping and pillaging to their heart's content... IMO, not a good plan...

now... back to the topic... the pill that eliminates a woman's menstural period forever... I'm sorry, but that seems strange to me... what are the side effects? where does the egg go? what happens to them?

and I'd want to know how they tested it... or are the women taking it going to be their guinea pigs?

would you be willing to jeopardize your wife's health just to not have to experience that time of the month? I know my wife's life is more important to me than an extra week of sex... but I'm not sure about y'all...

Maybe thge Egg still comes out just not as painful?

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I was being sarcastic and offering a reverse scenario.

If a pill was created that would "fix" men's agro the same way that this pill will "fix" female chemistry would anybody want to be fixed?

not I... especially if I was going to be their guinea pig...

TheStripey1
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Maybe thge Egg still comes out just not as painful?

I'm not buying it... the egg either falls or it doesn't... it won't just disappear as if by magic... no matter how badly you want sex all month long...

So I reiterate...

what are the side effects? where does the egg go? will there be ramifications in the future? who tested it and on what type of animal? what are the guarantees? and finally, who will make the most money off this?

will you jeopardize your wife's health for an extra day of sex per month?