PDA

View Full Version : Data center outage

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
The data center where our server is hosted had an outage that knocked us all offline. Being that I'm able to post this, I hope all is resolved. My apologies for the abrupt downtime.

ConHog
05-16-2012, 03:09 PM
The data center where our server is hosted had an outage that knocked us all offline. Being that I'm able to post this, I hope all is resolved. My apologies for the abrupt downtime.

I thought you were just mad at me about the WS thing. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-16-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that I had just written the best post of the year, and then it crashed right before I hit Reply. :laugh2:

jimnyc
05-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I thought you were just mad at me about the WS thing. :laugh2:

Funny truth, once I figured out the outage, I said to myself "I'll bet a few people think I am fucking with them since it went down in the midst of a little drama".

I'm pretty sure that I had just written the best post of the year, and then it crashed right before I hit Reply. :laugh2:

When you go into make a reply, the board auto-saves as you type. This way if you leave the page, for whatever reason, and come back later - below the posting box, just above the "Post Icons" - there should be an option to restore saved data.

But being it was an outage I have no idea WTF happens to the data! LOL

Wind Song
05-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought I was banned.:laugh2:

ConHog
05-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Funny truth, once I figured out the outage, I said to myself "I'll bet a few people think I am fucking with them since it went down in the midst of a little drama".

When you go into make a reply, the board auto-saves as you type. This way if you leave the page, for whatever reason, and come back later - below the posting box, just above the "Post Icons" - there should be an option to restore saved data.

But being it was an outage I have no idea WTF happens to the data! LOL

LOL I thought you may have Miserable Usered me. LOL

logroller
05-18-2012, 04:30 AM
I was just waiting for this come up

http://theheatmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fbi.jpg

Thankfully, I just keep DP in my cache.

jimnyc
06-10-2012, 04:21 PM
The site stopped responding for me 30-40 minutes ago. I couldn't get to our hosting provider to open a ticket either. I tried a few alternatives to get to either and it wouldn't work. Sounds like a DNS server failed. Just figured I would toss this out there in case others may have experienced any issues.

ConHog
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
The site stopped responding for me 30-40 minutes ago. I couldn't get to our hosting provider to open a ticket either. I tried a few alternatives to get to either and it wouldn't work. Sounds like a DNS server failed. Just figured I would toss this out there in case others may have experienced any issues.

Yep, acted up for me to; glad to see it wasn't due to you not paying the bill. LOL

Dilloduck
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM

I figgered you and Snooki blew a circuit.