PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jim

ConHog
05-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Where's the forum for questions/comments about the board itself? I'd like a forum where we can post our questions and feel confident that they will be seen and answered......................... I have a question about stats, they don't seem to be working for me when I use the computer, but from my phone I can view more stats just fine.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Where's the forum for questions/comments about the board itself? I'd like a forum where we can post our questions and feel confident that they will be seen and answered......................... I have a question about stats, they don't seem to be working for me when I use the computer, but from my phone I can view more stats just fine.

No special forum, if it pertains to the use of the board, the announcements section, computer section or what you just did....

When you try and view more, what happens? Screenshot? It's working fine for me.

It runs on Ajax which obviously requires Javascript to work, so make sure java is enabled for visiting sites.

Here is what I see if I click on the little arrow next to "Top Posters" on the upper left of the stats:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zstxet.jpg

Here is what I see if I click on the arrow next to "Top 10 Stats":

http://i45.tinypic.com/347fmgy.jpg

Here is what I see if I click on the "View More" in the above picture:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2v0hmkg.jpg

ConHog
05-17-2012, 02:40 PM
works just like that on my phone, but when I click on it on my computer , and I've used 2 different ones, it doesn't advance to the next screen. I have Java enable on both. Could just be something in my settings. I suspect that is the case if it's working correctly for everyone else.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Just checked, Con- it's working for me.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Con, hate to start with the basics - but delete your cookies for the site and temporary internet files, and then try again.

Coincidentally, I'm off to fix someone's small business network, but will try other things with you when I return if it doesn't fix it!

ConHog
05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Con, hate to start with the basics - but delete your cookies for the site and temporary internet files, and then try again.

Coincidentally, I'm off to fix someone's small business network, but will try other things with you when I return if it doesn't fix it!

Eh, it's not THAT important. was just wondering if there was a quick fix and that would be that.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Eh, it's not THAT important. was just wondering if there was a quick fix and that would be that.

Yes, the quick fix is deleting your cookies and temporary internet files.

ConHog
05-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes, the quick fix is deleting your cookies and temporary internet files.

Yep, I did that on both computers just a couple days ago, no difference. It worked before, I'm sure it's just something hung up on my end. No biggie.

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Yep, I did that on both computers just a couple days ago, no difference. It worked before, I'm sure it's just something hung up on my end. No biggie.

It is a big deal, or you wouldn't have asked. I hate fuckers like you who ask about a problem and then when I go to help, say don't worry about it. That pisses me off. Now lets get it working...

Next step - what browser are you using? You should have both IE and Firefox at the very least. Does it happen in both browsers?