PDA

View Full Version : This or that

darin
05-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Hard or soft - taco shells?

ConHog
05-17-2012, 01:45 PM

Hmmm, that is a TOUGH question. Depends on my mood, but we rarely eat the crunchy because we try to avoid too many fried, so I would say crunchy because they are a treat.

Yes, I realize you CAN bake them, but they aren't as good.

logroller
05-17-2012, 01:48 PM

Hard. Soft tacos are like a lazy mans burrito

ConHog
05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Hard. Soft tacos are like a lazy mans burrito

Try the Crispy Shrimp Soft Tacos at Chili's . You might change your vote. Damn those things are good.

darin
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Hard or soft - french bread

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Shaved? :coffee: My sincerest apologies, Ladies of the board, I simply couldn't help this one.

But I prefer soft tacos. Every time I have ever bitten into a damn hard taco the damn thing falls apart on me. I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food though. I prefer the 5 layer burrito from Taco Bell, but not sure I would call that Mexican food!

logroller
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Try the Crispy Shrimp Soft Tacos at Chili's . You might change your vote. Damn those things are good.

, I didnt say soft tacos werent good. Besides, what's with this 'less fried' talk; then you try to sell me on crispy somethin... Just saying.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Funny, I was just asked that at Moes. :cool: Always hard.

Hard or soft - french bread

Again, always hard.

My husband just had those last week. He liked them. :thumb:

I hear you! I'm so frustrated that it's taking so long for the mortgage company to OK my short sale! I know they will, difference is significantly less than $10k, bringing me to court will take longer and cost more. I keep filling out applications in this are, there just aren't any positions for an older person. The district that thinks I'm great as a sub, well they just haven't hired a teacher over 35 in 2 years. Too bad I don't have time or money for that law suit. ;)

Out of state, lots. I've had 6 phone interviews in past 3 weeks, but I can't commit due to the house. Sigh. I AM the teacher many are looking for. I can mentor younger teachers and I bring strengths that only base of knowledge and experience can.

In NC district that wanted to hire me back in January, I can rent a 3 BR house for under $650 per month. If I could rent out my 3 BR townhome, it would fetch over $2k per month. The renter would have to pay utilities, but even with $2k, it would be dicey here. Everything costs more, from AC/Heating units and the union workers that install. Same with the washer/dryer, dishwasher, etc.

With mortgage, association fees, property taxes, etc., alone is nearly $1800. per month!

I'm really excited though, today paid cheapest gas in over a year, $3.79. Seriously.

Today, less than a mile from my house - $4.49

Yep, Chicagoland has some of the highest gas prices in country. When I said, 'excited' about price, I wasn't exaggerating. It's so messed up here.

While I hate the idea that my kids are all here, even the one in VA is trying to find a way back here, I don't think IL is the place for me now. I want some place where I've a job, a home that I can afford, better weather, and a slower pace. Once settled I'm sure I'd make at least 3 times a year trips to see the kids, if I land in a decent area for weather and tourism, sure they'd visit too.

I'm guessing not a whole lot different than you think of NY?

How about Arizona? Cost of living is low.

None of those fit me. Let me know though if you have middle school or high school openings in social studies.

Can't you imagine you and I within space of putting hands upon throats?

I think if you two met you'd be able to get along. :bighug:

Trigg
05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Hard or soft -

The harder the better
:angel:

jimnyc
05-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Again, always hard.

The harder the better

You dirty ladies!! I love it!! :lol:

ConHog
05-17-2012, 02:54 PM
The harder the better

Jim's buttocks agree. :laugh2:

SassyLady
05-17-2012, 11:24 PM
hard or soft ... depends on my mood and setting

logroller
05-18-2012, 01:19 AM

I'll set the mood then. Late afternoon in the early summer. Days are longer now, evenings grow ever warmer. The warm santa ana breeze offers bittersweet relief from the day's toils. Yearning for a cool drink, the fridge offers up a handful of ice- cold coronas. You press the bottle to your face; the first glint of relief evident as a single drip of sweat down the long clear glass bottle. The ranch hand exchanges your's for another, already opened. Too exhausted to speak, your gratitude expressed with a wink and long full drink, the ranch hand announces, "I feel like something hot and spicy tonight", he pauses, then continues, "tacos, I figure. You finish your beer and let me do the cookin." half an hour later, and just finished with your second beer, you're famished. A plate arrives piping with the steamy aromas only a homemade dish can deliver. Without hesitation, you go straight for the main course. Already salivating in anticipation, the first mouthful erupts with a burst of flavor so intense you close your eyes and moan with satisfaction.

Now; was it hard or soft?

SassyLady
05-18-2012, 03:03 AM
I'll set the mood then. Late afternoon in the early summer. Days are longer now, evenings grow ever warmer. The warm santa ana breeze offers bittersweet relief from the day's toils. Yearning for a cool drink, the fridge offers up a handful of ice- cold coronas. You press the bottle to your face; the first glint of relief evident as a single drip of sweat down the long clear glass bottle. The ranch hand exchanges your's for another, already opened. Too exhausted to speak, your gratitude expressed with a wink and long full drink, the ranch hand announces, "I feel like something hot and spicy tonight", he pauses, then continues, "tacos, I figure. You finish your beer and let me do the cookin." half an hour later, and just finished with your second beer, you're famished. A plate arrives piping with the steamy aromas only a homemade dish can deliver. Without hesitation, you go straight for the main course. Already salivating in anticipation, the first mouthful erupts with a burst of flavor so intense you close your eyes and moan with satisfaction.

Well.......let me catch my breath before I answer. :whistling2:

:happy0203:

Now that I can breathe again ...... you forgot the best part .... while he's cooking up something hot and spicy I had a couple of tequila shots with the beer. When he turns around to show off his delicious, sumptuous offering he is quite surprised to see me on the table in my little red riding hood costume (see profile). I push the button on the remote control for the stereo and Katy Perry's Firework starts and I use the next 3.5 minutes to convince him that fireworks are also hot and spicy .... he concedes that it was definitely ......... ????

:batteyes:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vlLgvQErn6o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object></object>

</object>

logroller
05-18-2012, 04:16 AM

Well.......let me catch my breath before I answer. :whistling2:

:happy0203:

Now that I can breathe again ...... you forgot the best part .... while he's cooking up something hot and spicy I had a couple of tequila shots with the beer. When he turns around to show off his delicious, sumptuous offering he is quite surprised to see me on the table in my little red riding hood costume (see profile). I push the button on the remote control for the stereo and Katy Perry's Firework starts and I use the next 3.5 minutes to convince him that fireworks are also hot and spicy .... he concedes that it was definitely ......... ????

:batteyes:

</object>

...definitely hard...........to pass up dessert first.

"Little Red, have you any more treats left for later?", the hand quips as he catches his breath.

"Well that depends."

"On what?" asks the man with anticipation.

Coyly you admit, "Well, I've seen what big eyes you have."

"The better to see you with."

"And oh my, what big hands you have."

"The better to hold you with my darling."

"and I can't help but notice what a big ........"

SassyLady
05-18-2012, 04:56 AM
:smoke:

Trigg
05-18-2012, 06:07 AM
my goodness :wicked99:

I think the two of you are going to need a chaperone soon.

I wish hubby was still here, after reading this....................

darin
05-18-2012, 06:16 AM

Want me to txt him, and send him home to you? :)

Trigg
05-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Want me to txt him, and send him home to you? :)

aaahhhhhhh not a bad idea

kiddies just left for school........house is quiet.........

SassyLady
05-18-2012, 06:26 AM
:popcorn:

darin
05-18-2012, 06:44 AM
aaahhhhhhh not a bad idea

kiddies just left for school........house is quiet.........

Hot.

:D

logroller
05-18-2012, 09:49 AM

Can Chloe be our "chaperone"?

Trigg
05-18-2012, 11:26 AM

two women :smoke: I think you'd like that to much......nope.......you're too much of a smooth talker.

tailfins
05-18-2012, 11:39 AM
The harder the better

Van Halen : The harder the better, do it to me black and blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulWjBFJ48Dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulWjBFJ48Dc

ConHog
05-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Chloe isn't down with a 3 some. I already asked. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
05-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Soft. There, I said it! I just like a nice soft tortilla to munch on.

logroller
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
^ There's one in every crowd.

Thunderknuckles
05-18-2012, 04:40 PM
It's getting too hot in this thread. Time to cool it down a bit so...

Shit on by a gorilla or pissed on by a horse?

ConHog
05-18-2012, 07:00 PM
It's getting too hot in this thread. Time to cool it down a bit so...

Shit on by a gorilla or pissed on by a horse?

Pissed on by a horse.

SassyLady
05-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah, pissed on by horse. It's happened to me and I survived.

Back rub or foot rub?

logroller
05-19-2012, 12:35 AM

Back rub or foot rub?
Depends on my mood and the setting....J/k

Back rub for me.

SassyLady
05-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Depends on my mood and the setting....J/k

Back rub for me.

I personally love to have my hair brushed....very soothing and relaxing.

I almost said I love to have my head massaged, but you guys would have never let me live that one down!

logroller
05-19-2012, 01:01 AM
I personally love to have my hair brushed....very soothing and relaxing.

I almost said I love to have my head massaged, but you guys would have never let me live that one down!

When I was growing up my mom would would take me to get my hair cut at her stylist. She was an older lady, very attractive, huge breasts... Anyways she'd wash my hair, massaging my head; I'd just close my eyes and enjoy. She wore perfume that matched her perfectly; I still love the smell of a woman's chest. Oops, guess that's what you were worried about. Good memory though. You know that Clint black song about a melody bringing back a memory; I feel the same way about scents.

SassyLady
05-19-2012, 02:15 AM
When I was growing up my mom would would take me to get my hair cut at her stylist. She was an older lady, very attractive, huge breasts... Anyways she'd wash my hair, massaging my head; I'd just close my eyes and enjoy. She wore perfume that matched her perfectly; I still love the smell of a woman's chest. Oops, guess that's what you were worried about. Good memory though. You know that Clint black song about a melody bringing back a memory; I feel the same way about scents.

I wear Obsession....always have. One time I forgot it on a trip to see grandkids. They told me that I didn't smell like Grammy .... so I had to run to mall to get some.

I am definitely a person that connects memories to scents. I have vanilla scent all over my house because it reminds me of the good times as a child when we would come home and someone was making cookies.

Polo reminds me of my first husband and Obsession for Men reminds me of second. What do you wear?

logroller
05-19-2012, 02:40 AM
I wear Obsession....always have. One time I forgot it on a trip to see grandkids. They told me that I didn't smell like Grammy .... so I had to run to mall to get some.

I am definitely a person that connects memories to scents. I have vanilla scent all over my house because it reminds me of the good times as a child when we would come home and someone was making cookies.

Polo reminds me of my first husband and Obsession for Men reminds me of second. What do you wear?

Bourbon...:laugh:

In high school I wore the Calvin Klein scents; but now I'm wearing Tommy Bahama.

Trigg
05-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Back rub or foot rub?

foot rub, relaxing and stimulating at the same time

Shadow
05-19-2012, 09:19 AM

Back rub or foot rub?

I like both...but right now I could go for a back rub. They usually make me all relaxed and dreamy. Oh....and I like them a little on the rough side too. :thumb:

logroller
05-19-2012, 09:24 AM
I like both...but right now I could go for a back rub. They usually make me all relaxed and dreamy. Oh....and I like them a little on the rough side too. :thumb:
The heel-side, with a pumice stone?

Shadow
05-19-2012, 09:27 AM

My best friend in college used to wear Obsession all of the time...that smell reminds me of her. Another scent I respond to is Royal copenhagen cologne. It reminds me of an ex boyfriend. I smelled it in a department store once...loved it...bought it for him and he couldn't get enough of it. Neither could I (Yum).

I usually only wear body sprays...and they are usually soft scents...like Vanilla,Pear,Carmel Apple etc. Recently I did buy myself two different scents of Victoria Secret's Pink though. I'm kind of hooked on that right now....smells so good!

The heel-side, with a pumice stone?

Yeah...really get in there with heals of hands and even elbows....make it hurt so good. Don't know about a pumice stone though...I ain't into marks that leave scars.
:laugh:

logroller
05-19-2012, 09:36 AM
My best friend in college used to wear Obsession all of the time...that smell reminds me of her. Another scent I respond to is Royal copenhagen cologne. It reminds me of an ex boyfriend. I smelled it in a department store once...loved it...bought it for him and he couldn't get enough of it. Neither could I (Yum).

I usually only wear body sprays...and they are usually soft scents...like Vanilla,Pear,Carmel Apple etc. Recently I did buy myself two different scents of Victoria Secret's Pink though. I'm kind of hooked on that right now....smells so good!
I've been hooked on 'pink' since I was 15. ;)

Yeah...really get in there with heals of hands and even elbows....make it hurt so good. Don't know about a pumice stone though...I ain't into marks that leave scars.

No no. No scars, just smooth and soft afterwards. Elbows though....kinky. Log likey.

Shadow
05-19-2012, 09:40 AM
I've been hooked on 'pink' since I was 15. ;)

No no. No scars, just smooth and soft afterwards. Elbows though....kinky. Log likey.

Well...after the rough stuff I also like to be rubbed down with body butter....so...smooth works for me. The pumice stone stays in! :thumb:

logroller
05-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Well...after the rough stuff I also like to be rubbed down with body butter....so...smooth works for me. The pumice stone stays in! :thumb:
Im trying hard to keep my mind on the footrub and you gotta go bring up body butter...now I'm thinking about creative application techniques and possible fringe benefits.:dance:

Shadow
05-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Im trying hard to keep my mind on the footrub and you gotta go bring up body butter...now I'm thinking about creative application techniques and possible fringe benefits.:dance:

Heck...yeah. Now, if we are speaking of creative application techniques...I am all over that. I will even let you go first.
:coffee:

logroller
05-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Heck...yeah. Now, if we are speaking of creative application techniques...I am all over that. I will even let you go first.
:coffee:
That's usually for the best; since I like to come last.

Closed fist on feet to start, knuckles rolled into arch; progressing to a firm grip around the foot, becoming slow paced, ever longer strokes up the leg, thumbs pressing into the back of the calf until excess body butter is absorbed.

Shadow
05-19-2012, 10:19 AM

Closed fist on feet to start, knuckles rolled into arch; progressing to a firm grip around the foot, becoming slow paced, ever longer strokes up the leg, thumbs pressing into the back of the calf until excess body butter is absorbed.

Oh you misunderstand...when I said you could "go first"...I meant I would hand you a blindfold and you were at my mercy.

logroller
05-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Oh you misunderstand...when I said you could "go first"...I meant I would hand you a blindfold and you were at my mercy.
Mercy...me? Just no marks, right? Atleast not where anyone would see.;)

Dilloduck
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM

Go for the blueberry butter body rub. It's even fun to say !

Shadow
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Mercy...me? Just no marks, right? Atleast not where anyone would see.;)

Hey...maybe I can even knock out two birds with one stone. Would you like to try a diet Slurpee by any chance? ;)

logroller
05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey...maybe I can even knock out two birds with one stone. Would you like to try a diet Slurpee by any chance? ;)
Well sure. I've tried something similar, switching back and forth between hot and cold beverages while....halls drops are fun too.

SassyLady
05-20-2012, 12:41 AM

When I get massage it's two hours and it's a shiatsu/deep tissue and a lymphatic drainage massage. Must drinks tons of water afterwards to get all the toxins out of system and I feel like I've been run over with a Mac truck for a couple of days.

Hey Shadow....thanks for picking up the slack tonight ... I've been exhausted trying to keep up with these guys lately .... back rubs, foot rubs, dancing on tables, drinking beer and tequila, eating hard tacos and soft french bread.....whew! You got a long way to go to catch up with me!

So, what's next after the blueberry banana body butter basting?

DragonStryk72
05-20-2012, 12:52 AM

Back rub or foot rub?

Ah, god back rub.

Shadow
05-20-2012, 09:32 PM
When I get massage it's two hours and it's a shiatsu/deep tissue and a lymphatic drainage massage. Must drinks tons of water afterwards to get all the toxins out of system and I feel like I've been run over with a Mac truck for a couple of days.

Sounds great :)

I once had a half hour back massage at work (they offer them on friday's). I made the mistake of signing up for mine at 9:30 am...and also of telling the guy who gave it to me that it was okay to be rough. I left in a fog...and I didn't think I would ever get back to the right mind set to continue working. No more of those during work hours I have decided.

Well sure. I've tried something similar, switching back and forth between hot and cold beverages while....halls drops are fun too.

Okay then...

Hot or Cold?

Hey Shadow....thanks for picking up the slack tonight ... I've been exhausted trying to keep up with these guys lately .... back rubs, foot rubs, dancing on tables, drinking beer and tequila, eating hard tacos and soft french bread.....whew! You got a long way to go to catch up with me!

I would say a cigarette...but I don't smoke. ;)

Dilloduck
05-20-2012, 09:46 PM

I would say a cigarette...but I don't smoke. ;)

not even after a few drinks ? :poke:

Shadow
05-20-2012, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Shadow;548736]

not even after a few drinks ? :poke:

Um...I have no recollection of ever having done such a thing.

Kathianne
05-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Ah, god back rub.

Shoulders. Damn those knots!

logroller
05-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Thought of this after posting to the raw milk thread

Milk: Whole or nonfat?

definitely whole for me. When I drink nonfat I just drink it like water; it certainly doesn't help with peanut butter mouth.

SassyLady
05-21-2012, 03:30 AM

definitely whole for me. When I drink nonfat I just drink it like water; it certainly doesn't help with peanut butter mouth.

When hubby and his best friend lived here I would get the 2% for me, 1% for hubby and Silk milk for friend.

Now that they are gone, I'm drinking the whole milk stuff and putting some half/half in addition to the milk when eating my cold cereal.

darin
05-21-2012, 05:43 AM

We buy 1%...if I recally, while in Germany my GF and I used 3.5%. I grew up on 2% I think.

Not a milk drinker much - except after a PB&J :)

This or that: Jam or Jelly? Mary makes freezer jam from strawberries. Its...in a word...lovely. :)

logroller
05-21-2012, 05:51 AM
We buy 1%...if I recally, while in Germany my GF and I used 3.5%. I grew up on 2% I think.

Not a milk drinker much - except after a PB&J :)

This or that: Jam or Jelly? Mary makes freezer jam from strawberries. Its...in a word...lovely. :)
Pb&j....yessir! Jam, I think. It's more spreadable right; jelly is more gelatin like. I hear ya on the strawberry. My favorite right now is a strawberry spread from costco.
Pb&j on This or that: White or wheat?

darin
05-21-2012, 06:01 AM
Pb&j....yessir! Jam, I think. It's more spreadable right; jelly is more gelatin like. I hear ya on the strawberry. My favorite right now is a strawberry spread from costco.

White.

Sometimes with dill pickles and cheddar cheese, too! :)

SassyLady
05-22-2012, 01:23 AM

Jam and wheat.

Dogs or cats?

darin
05-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Jam and wheat.

Dogs or cats?

Depends - cop-out answer.

If it's a Vizsla: Dogs.

If its any other breed: Cats.

:)

SassyLady
05-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Dell or HP?

darin
05-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Dell or HP?

HP

Legs or Breasts

(talking fried chicken, perverts).

SassyLady
05-22-2012, 05:32 AM
HP

Legs or Breasts

I just bought 2 HPs at Costco today....very light and only $399.

I love legs ...for me they have more excitement and flavor than breasts...

ConHog
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM

My grocery store has more choices. I prefer 2% to drink. But I will buy skim for cooking.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
To drink/cereal: 1%
In cooking: whole

darin
05-22-2012, 01:43 PM
To drink/cereal: 1%
In cooking: whole

absolutely - that at least. Heavy Cream, mostly...funny..true story...that was my nickname in college...heavy cream...just sayin

Abbey Marie
05-22-2012, 01:45 PM
absolutely - that at least. Heavy Cream, mostly...funny..true story...that was my nickname in college...heavy cream...just sayin

Yuppers. If I am taking the time to make a nice dinner, I am not going to go low-fat on things like butter or milk. And we do not buy margarine. Ever.

I thought your nickname would have been Heavy D :cool:

darin
05-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Yuppers. If I am taking the time to make a nice dinner, I am not going to go low-fat on things like butter or milk. And we do not buy margarine. Ever.

Me and Houdini shared our nicknames...Magic Lover....

SassyLady
05-22-2012, 11:45 PM

He's fibbing .... his nickname was Wild Lips!!!

logroller
05-23-2012, 05:14 AM
Jam and wheat.

Dogs or cats?

Definitely dogs

Dell or HP?
HP

HP

Legs or Breasts

breast man, through and through.

I just bought 2 HPs at Costco today....very light and only $399.

I love legs ...for me they have more excitement and flavor than breasts...
Agreed; I want both.

Salsa: hot or mild

darin
05-23-2012, 05:57 AM

I have a theory - folks who want 'mild...plain...vanilla'...those types...picky eaters...

All terrible lovers.

Hot, baby. Not neccessarily 'make my face hurt, bleed, drip-snot..' but a nice warm little lick of heat saying "Oh yeah...I did that...you like it."

SassyLady
05-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Definitely dogs

HP

breast man, through and through.

Agreed; I want both.

I have a giant jar of jalapenos from Costco in my frig. Today I had chicken/mango/jalapeno meatballs, with artichoke/jalapeno dip, and jalapeno chips for a snack!

What was on your plate today?

SassyLady
05-24-2012, 12:59 AM
I have a theory - folks who want 'mild...plain...vanilla'...those types...picky eaters...

All terrible lovers.

Hot, baby. Not neccessarily 'make my face hurt, bleed, drip-snot..' but a nice warm little lick of heat saying "Oh yeah...I did that...you like it."

See my post above ..... and get out the ice cream sweetie, cause you're gonna need it to cool the tastebuds!