PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Misconduct

Wind Song
05-17-2012, 03:56 PM
For those who condemn homosexuality as a sin, I want to show how it isn't one in Buddhism.

"Aware of the suffering caused by sexual misconduct, I vow to cultivate responsibility and learn ways to protect the safety and integrity of individuals, couples, families and society. I am determined not to engage in sexual relations without love and a long-term commitment. To preserve the happiness of myself and others, I am determined to respect my commitments and the commitments of others. I will do everything in my power to protect children from sexual abuse and to prevent couples and families from being broken by sexual misconduct."
Thich Nhat Hanh has a commentary on the 3rd Precept (http://dharma.ncf.ca/introduction/precepts/precept-3.html).

http://dharma.ncf.ca/introduction/precepts.html

logroller
05-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Is falling asleep after sex sexual misconduct? I mean, from a Buddhist perspective. Seems to me it would be, since sleeping doesn't strike me as enlightening.

ConHog
05-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Is falling asleep after sex sexual misconduct? I mean, from a Buddhist perspective. Seems to me it would be, since sleeping doesn't strike me as enlightening.

You're dating a shitty woman if you fall asleep during sex bro.

Kathianne
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM

He said, 'after.'

logroller
05-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Quick. Edit this to a period before windsong reports you.

ConHog
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
He said, 'after.'

So he did, I misread.

logroller
05-17-2012, 07:04 PM
So he did, I misread.
...or jumped to a conclusion prematurely.
Which leads me to wonder if premature ejaculation is sexual misconduct?

ConHog
05-17-2012, 07:05 PM
...or jumped to a conclusion prematurely.
Which leads me to wonder if premature ejaculation is sexual misconduct?

Premature ejaculation is a myth, no matter when it happens you got yours didn't you?:lol:

Abbey Marie
05-17-2012, 07:23 PM

Well... a guy gets tired after the 5th time. ;)

ConHog
05-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Well... a guy gets tired after the 5th time. ;)

Well, I suppose SOME guys might.

logroller
05-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Premature ejaculation is a myth, no matter when it happens you got yours didn't you?:lol:
Now the fundies are gonna get all pissed.

ConHog
05-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Now the fundies are gonna get all pissed.

wait wait wait.............. by myth I meant...................

Wind Song
05-23-2012, 07:58 AM

No, it's not sexual misconduct to fall asleep after sex. Sleeping can be enlightening. It's possible to dream consciously.