PDA

View Full Version : Solar Eclipse...

logroller
05-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Anybody in the prime path? Not all that cool from my vantage point. Perhaps I should heed those warnings about not staring at the sun. I'm that guy.:cool:

ConHog
05-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Anybody in the prime path? Not all that cool from my vantage point. Perhaps I should heed those warnings about not staring at the sun. I'm that guy.:cool:

Son has one of those cool telescopes s that you can go online and view from other peoples telescopes arpund the world and we all just forgot about eclipse

logroller
05-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, anybody can go online and see it; don't think you need a fancy telescope for that. I did look at it through a piece of developed x-ray film. It sorta reduces the searing pain and retinal damage. :thumb:

ConHog
05-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Well, anybody can go online and see it; don't think you need a fancy telescope for that. I did look at it through a piece of developed x-ray film. It sorta reduces the searing pain and retinal damage. :thumb:

Well yeah i meant though that you see it live just as if you were at the site of the other telescope. Its kinda cool

logroller
05-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Well yeah i meant though that you see it live just as if you were at the site of the other telescope. Its kinda cool
Some people had some cool shots. I like the ones where the light focuses through the holes in tree canopies; it looks like a bunch of little eclipse images. There was one from an la times blog that someone tweeted in, the image was projected onto the side of a house. Really cool.

SassyLady
05-21-2012, 01:52 AM
I had forgotten about it until I noticed some weird shadows on my fence and sidewalk. Walked around back of house to see what was going on and found even more funny looking shadows. Couldn't connect the shape (started with 'C' shape and then it turned sideways 'C' shape). Remembered about the ring of fire/eclipse and ran into basement to get welding helmets. We watched for about 30-45 minutes. Even shared the helmet with neighbors on both sides because they had no way of looking at it. Will download picture of shadows later.

The light was also different ... kinda diffused and everything was so eerily quiet.

Awesome experience.