PDA

View Full Version : Police arrest artist setting up 'I Love NY' work

tailfins
05-21-2012, 09:29 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/21/police-arrest-artist-setting-up-love-ny-work/?test=latestnews

revelarts
05-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Crazy
Terrorist are the new witches. Once your accused your in heap a trouble.

Put them in water if they don't float they may not have been terrorist,
if they float they are terrorist and should be burned immediately, preferable off shore.

ConHog
05-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Crazy
Terrorist are the new witches. Once your accused your in heap a trouble.

Put them in water if they don't float they may not have been terrorist,
if they float they are terrorist and should be burned immediately, preferable off shore.

whatever broseph, if you can't understand why the police would take an interest into what that guy was doing, well.............

Perhaps he should have went and got a city permit for doing what he was doing..........

revelarts
05-21-2012, 12:01 PM
"take an interest" LOL
maybe so, but this...

...Miyakawa was arraigned Sunday on charges of reckless endangerment and placing "a false bomb or hazardous substance."

His lawyer, Deborah J. Blum, says the artist was ordered held pending a psychological exam.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/21/police-arrest-artist-setting-up-love-ny-work/?test=latestnews#ixzz1vWZuFUuV

ConHog
05-21-2012, 12:11 PM
"take an interest" LOL
maybe so, but this...

looks like their stories conflict, that is what trials are for Rev.

logroller
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
If this guy manages to wrangle himself out of these allegations, I think the city has a great case for trademark dilution; as the Ilove NY bag he created sounds absolutely hideous!

ConHog
05-21-2012, 12:31 PM
If this guy manages to wrangle himself out of these allegations, I think the city has a great case for trademark dilution; as the Ilove NY bag he created sounds absolutely hideous!

I've never bothered to look. Does the city itself have the rights to I Heart NY?

Noir
05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Basically if you are seems with some batteries and a bag you can be charged with "reckless endangerment and placing a false bomb or hazardous substance." and be required to take a psychological exam.
Better think twice about what you leave the house with guys and dolls.

revelarts
05-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Basically if you are seems with some batteries and a bag you can be charged with "reckless endangerment and placing a false bomb or hazardous substance." and be required to take a psychological exam.

Seems like what we have to me too noir.

But that's what Witch trials are for.

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 12:47 PM

Simply leaving the house with them - or arranging typical items in a manner in which it could be mistaken for a bomb? If it's legit, simply a project of sorts, then they should simply charge him with doing so without a permit and drop the rest. But I'm not bothered by the fact that someone would string something together like this and then get arrested. It was reported as a suspicious package - and the NYPD is going to handle accordingly and come in prepared. Rigging together something that could be mistaken for a bomb, wiring and all, and doing so without a permit - in NYC of all places - I have little sympathy.

tailfins
05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Simply leaving the house with them - or arranging typical items in a manner in which it could be mistaken for a bomb? If it's legit, simply a project of sorts, then they should simply charge him with doing so without a permit and drop the rest. But I'm not bothered by the fact that someone would string something together like this and then get arrested. It was reported as a suspicious package - and the NYPD is going to handle accordingly and come in prepared. Rigging together something that could be mistaken for a bomb, wiring and all, and doing so without a permit - in NYC of all places - I have little sympathy.

I'm not sure which is worse in NYC: The crime from the 1970s or the draconian response from the 2000s.

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure which is worse in NYC: The crime from the 1970s or the draconian response from the 2000s.

Unfortunately, the response is necessary. Maybe not the charges (we haven't heard the entire story I'm sure) though. But police have very little choice but to take every such report very seriously. Imagine if they ignored , or didn't take this kind of stuff seriously, and a bomb went off? It's not like people haven't tried rigging bombs in NYC since 9/11, and the one with the van at times square being the most prominent.

ConHog
05-21-2012, 01:06 PM

Your logic has no place in a Revspiracy.:laugh:

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Your logic has no place in a Revspiracy.:laugh:

Not long after 9/11, when the military was still in NYC, and certain areas and subways were manned by M-16's - people LOVED it. It doesn't take long to forget I suppose, but I assure you that those wanting Americans dead have not forgotten.

revelarts
05-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Not long after 9/11, when the military was still in NYC, and certain areas and subways were manned by M-16's - people LOVED it. It doesn't take long to forget I suppose, but I assure you that those wanting Americans dead have not forgotten.

people love Big Brother

tailfins
05-21-2012, 01:28 PM

Ready. Fire. Aim. Why is NYC a riskier target than any other city?

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 01:29 PM
people love Big Brother

They also love to see military and/or police on the job, taking potential threats seriously and protecting us.

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Ready. Fire. Aim. Why is NYC a riskier target than any other city?

Ask the terrorists that!

But I'd say because it's the face of the country, the financial capital & just an overall HUGE city and extremely populated for a fairly small area. I think they would like to hit places like Chicago & LA too, but after the 93 WTC bombing and then 9/11, I think they see it as a badge of honor to try and infiltrate NYC.

logroller
05-21-2012, 01:33 PM
people love Big Brother
Kind of an add on to Jim's post, but the person who called in a suspicious package could have instead went and checked out the package; but they didnt.

revelarts
05-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Kind of an add on to Jim's post, but the person who called in a suspicious package could have instead went and checked out the package; but they didnt.

It should not have been a story.

the call comes in
the cops goes talk to the guy, and see whats happening and and at worse ticket him and take his toys for no permit.
end of story.
all the other charges are complete over the top BS.
911 is no excuse for stupid, a witch hunt or tyranny.

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 01:44 PM
It should not have been a story.

the call comes in the cops go talk to the guy, and see whats happening and and at worse ticket him and take his toys for no permit. end of story.
all the other charges are complete over the top BS.
911 is no excuse for stupid. Or tyranny.

So you know the entire story already? WHY would they send someone for an exam simply for an "I Love NY" project? Why the huge charges? Ya think maybe it's possible, due to the nature of the charges, that just maybe we don't know everything at this point? How long has it been since this arrest? And you're already leveling the charges as over the top BS and the whole thing tyranny?

Maybe the police did their job and the courts will dismiss the charges. Maybe there was more to it than in this story? And I'm sorry, but the police don't get to go out in the field and be judges as well, and say "end of story". they have investigations to do. Do we even know specifically every last piece of equipment that was seized? Have we read a police report yet? Just seems a lot of opinions are premature until we get all of that - but I would rather they act in the publics best interest rather than individuals.

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 01:48 PM
And what time of day was this guy setting this up - at 2am in the morning? And not just the police - if this was SO wrong, then why did the JUDGE order him held, not the police, and ordered an evaluation?

ConHog
05-21-2012, 02:13 PM

Not even a + 1 for revspiracy? Tough crowd.