PDA

View Full Version : Deputies: Man says he shot deer from roadway to feed family

tailfins
05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Deputies-Man-says-he-shot-deer-from-roadway-to-feed-family/-/1637132/13499284/-/yg9cb5z/-/index.html

In extreme south Florida deer are sightly bigger than a dog. What was this man thinking?

One of the article comments:

If it was a dog, Obama would want some.

logroller
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Dude was charged with trespassing by projectile. Looks like golfing in Florida is out for me.:laugh:

ConHog
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Dude was charged with trespassing by projectile. Looks like golfing in Florida is out for me.:laugh:

best be careful about puking in public as well.

Dilloduck
05-21-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Deputies-Man-says-he-shot-deer-from-roadway-to-feed-family/-/1637132/13499284/-/yg9cb5z/-/index.html

In extreme south Florida deer are sightly bigger than a dog. What was this man thinking?

One of the article comments:

I only need 5 more ?

sundaydriver
05-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Shooting from a vehicle or stopping a vehicle on a roadway to shoot at game is illegal everywhere I know of. We had almost the same exact situation here several years ago involving a father & son. Stopped the truck and got out to shoot at a deer from the road. Thought he hit it because when they caught him a year later he said that he could hear the deer crying but lost site of it and didn't want to go looking for it.

The crying that the father & son heard was not from the deer but from the nine & eleven year old sisters that he shot thru both their legs while waiting for the school bus.

Dilloduck
05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Starving your kid is illegal too. Decisions decisions. We're in for a big surprise when food runs short.

SassyLady
05-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Starving your kid is illegal too. Decisions decisions. We're in for a big surprise when food runs short.

Watched a Prepper episode where the father spent a good portion of his day collecting road kill to feed his family.

I still think raising rabbits is the fastest way to produce a meat source for the table. If this guy can kill and butcher a deer for the family then he knows how to kill and butcher a rabbit.

Dilloduck
05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Watched a Prepper episode where the father spent a good portion of his day collecting road kill to feed his family.

I still think raising rabbits is the fastest way to produce a meat source for the table. If this guy can kill and butcher a deer for the family then he knows how to kill and butcher a rabbit.

I would assume one just raises, hunts and butchers as much food as possible and knows how to preserve it.

SassyLady
05-23-2012, 12:19 AM
I would assume one just raises, hunts and butchers as much food as possible and knows how to preserve it.

My stepson is out hunting at least one weekend per month, or he's fishing. He makes the best sushi and always, always has some type of jerky. He hunts with guns and bows and every type of game you can think of. I don't think he's ever killed anything that he didn't bring home to eat.

logroller
05-23-2012, 12:47 AM
I've never ate something I didn't intend to shoot.