PDA

View Full Version : New gym!

jimnyc
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone heard of or use Equinox? I was going to the YMCA here in NY but my wife convince me to switch. This place is right around the corner and has a HUGE parking lot, compared to the Y being 10 miles away or so and a tiny lot, so I had to pay a buck to park in the public lot every time I went.

Equinox has like 5 times the amount of machines/weights. There are about 5 people on the floor at all times to answer questions or help. Free towels for working out and in the locker room. Steam room rules. Cleanest place yet. When sweated up, they have half frozen towels with eucalyptus on them! About 50 TV's all over the place and you simply plugin to your machine of choice to listen/watch while you work out.

They have shaving cream, razors, after shave, q-tips, soap, shampoo... everything you can possibly need in the bathroom. They have a small cafeteria with healthy food and drinks, and a small store with very overpriced gym shirts and sweats. And they have a full spa too and massages (don't think the wife will pay for that!).

Anyway, did my first workout which was cool. But then I hung the eucalyptus towel over me and went in the steam room. That was the deal breaker for me! I wish I had that here at home.

Oh, and MUCH better boobies bouncing around this place! :2up:

logroller
05-21-2012, 05:18 PM
blah blah blah

Oh, and MUCH better boobies bouncing around this place! :2up:
I'm sold.

Abbey Marie
05-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Now for sure I am going to convince my husband to stay with the Y. ;)