PDA

View Full Version : Kids my age

cadet
05-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I find this strange, out of the people I know who have just started summer break from college, most are doing terrible. They're all from back home, not at my college.

Here's a nice list of a few.
1. Got "academically discharged."
2. Failed everything.
3. Doesn't care.
4. Paying child support/can't get a job.
5. Got kicked out of home.
6. Blacked out and went to the hospital the LAST week of school.
7. Was kicked out for making meth. last week, senior, on the deans list.
etc, etc, etc...

What the heck people!? Is it just me, or is my generation full of a bunch of retards?

gabosaurus
05-22-2012, 06:30 PM
I find this strange, out of the people I know who have just started summer break from college, most are doing terrible. They're all from back home, not at my college.

2. Failed everything.
3. Doesn't care.

All this happened to Jim in his first year of school. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
05-22-2012, 07:18 PM

2. Failed everything.
3. Doesn't care.
etc, etc, etc...

What the heck people!? Is it just me, or is my generation full of a bunch of retards?

It's been awhile, but I remember reading at some point that 25% of college freshmen in 4 year schools are on probation or have flunked out. Sounded right to me, too many are accepted that aren't qualified and/or motivated.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2012, 07:55 PM
It's been awhile, but I remember reading at some point that 25% of college freshmen in 4 year schools are on probation or have flunked out. Sounded right to me, too many are accepted that aren't qualified and/or motivated.

Exactly! And Obama thinks we need even more in college- he has said that everyone needs to go.

Abbey Marie
05-22-2012, 07:57 PM

2. Failed everything.
3. Doesn't care.
etc, etc, etc...

My daughter (just finished her Junior year of college) has one HS friend who was kicked out of college for a year and has to go to the local community college until he is let back into the University. This was due to his multiple arrests for underage drinking, and possibly for academics. I haven't heard of anyone else.

logroller
05-23-2012, 12:30 AM
I flunked out of two colleges three times. No meth, but the Chronic ain't just a dope album. I wouldn't have met my wife had I stayed at that first college; so I think everything works out for the best. I live a life without regrets.