PDA

View Full Version : Group protests shooting range near school

darin
05-23-2012, 05:47 AM
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Parents-Fight-152409445.html

On Monday, dozens of parents from Sprague Elementary stood their ground outside the proposed site for the gun range and gun shop and fought the gun range that plans to move in next to their kids.
<!-- This paragraph is 105 characters long. --><!-- 620 characters counted so far... --><!--endclickprintexclude-->“Not next to a school! Pre-K through fifth grade. Are you kidding me?” one parent questioned.
<!-- This paragraph is 191 characters long. --><!-- 811 characters counted so far... --><!--endclickprintexclude-->“The school's mottos are safe, responsible, and respect. What are we teaching them? We're not showing them safety. No respect and no responsibility -- none,” another parent added.
<!-- This paragraph is 134 characters long. --><!-- 945 characters counted so far... --><!--endclickprintexclude-->While some parents voiced their own opinions, others added what their children, who are students at Sprague, felt about the gun range.
<!-- This paragraph is 145 characters long. --><!-- 1090 characters counted so far... --><!--endclickprintexclude-->“She saw this on TV. You know what she said? I'm scared, Dad. And that's coming from an 8-year-old in second grade,” one parent said.
<!-- This paragraph is 104 characters long. --><!-- 1194 characters counted so far... --><!--endclickprintexclude-->

Your 8 year old said she's scared? That's proof you're a failure as a parent.

The logical FALLACIES in the "arguments" of the protesters scares the hell out of me for our society moving forward. Pure idiocy. SAME..I mean the SAME mentality that lead people to burning 'witches' at the stake in Europe. These protesters are afraid because they are stupid. Educating these folks with facts would be impossible because as demonstrated by their comments and behavior, these folks don't WANT facts. Listen to those fools, shouting down ANY arguments.

"What's in metal? Lead!! Not ONE ounce of lead is okay!"

Hey dipshit...you use a CAR to transport your precious babies to school? Ever take them for an XRay?

The last lady in the vid? She should be embarassed - and to any alien life who happens to see this broadcast, on behalf of ALL humans, I apologize for her.

Simply and utterly embarassment to be in the same species as those mouth-breathers.

"Grog angry! Grog no like! Gron no understand boom-stick!"

WiccanLiberal
05-31-2012, 12:06 PM
It has been my experience that gun shops are responsible community businesses. They have to be as the regulations governing their operation are so stringent. I think what is in action here is a group of knee-jerk anti-gun individuals. People who own and use guns responsibly as hunters or for target shooting are sometimes reluctant to say so. There is a reason. They often come up against severe prejudicial reactions. The community should be thankful that a paying business wants to stay and expand in the area.

cadet
05-31-2012, 12:10 PM

The logical FALLACIES in the "arguments" of the protesters scares the hell out of me for our society moving forward. Pure idiocy. SAME..I mean the SAME mentality that lead people to burning 'witches' at the stake in Europe. These protesters are afraid because they are stupid. Educating these folks with facts would be impossible because as demonstrated by their comments and behavior, these folks don't WANT facts. Listen to those fools, shouting down ANY arguments.

Hey dipshit...you use a CAR to transport your precious babies to school? Ever take them for an XRay?

The last lady in the vid? She should be embarassed - and to any alien life who happens to see this broadcast, on behalf of ALL humans, I apologize for her.

Simply and utterly embarassment to be in the same species as those mouth-breathers.

A gun range next to a school? I'm sorry, but that's just crossing the line, one stray bullet.
I mean, who's business idea was it for that location?

fj1200
05-31-2012, 12:11 PM
A gun range next to a school? I'm sorry, but that's just crossing the line, one stray bullet.
I mean, who's business idea was it for that location?

I'm pretty sure it's indoors.

cadet
05-31-2012, 12:12 PM
It has been my experience that gun shops are responsible community businesses. They have to be as the regulations governing their operation are so stringent. I think what is in action here is a group of knee-jerk anti-gun individuals. People who own and use guns responsibly as hunters or for target shooting are sometimes reluctant to say so. There is a reason. They often come up against severe prejudicial reactions. The community should be thankful that a paying business wants to stay and expand in the area.

I understand that they have regulations, and everything about that is okay-dokie. But that has to be the dumbest business spot to have ever been conceived. Maybe a little further down the road?

cadet
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty sure it's indoors.

My mistake, sorry.

Thunderknuckles
05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Having a gun range next to a school should give everyone pause and not for that stupid "LEAD" argument.
Not saying it should not go forward but it should give pause. I'd say the same thing about someone wanting to build one next to my house.

According to some in the article, the range is far enough away not to present any danger. It's not my community so I don't know. But again, it gives me pause.

darin
05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
and...it's not 'right next' to the school... :)

cadet
05-31-2012, 12:20 PM
and...it's not 'right next' to the school... :)

Nevermind, my argument is invalid. Should have read deeper into the story.

logroller
05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
:LOL: "Boom-stick"

ConHog
05-31-2012, 02:00 PM

What the fuck? Seriously, you would be okay with a firing range just a couple hundred feet from your child's school? I sure the hell would not be. Accidents happen, if you multiply the chances by having guns fired over and over and over near a school the chances of an accident happening are even greater.

Sure some of the people protesting are being over dramatic, but so are you "Grog no understand boom stick?"

If this was near MY school I'd be fighting it like crazy, because we owe to it our children to make sure they are as safe as possible, and sorry guns being fired on a range mere hundreds of feet from them is not as safe as we can make them.

logroller
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
What the fuck? Seriously, you would be okay with a firing range just a couple hundred feet from your child's school? I sure the hell would not be. Accidents happen, if you multiply the chances by having guns fired over and over and over near a school the chances of an accident happening are even greater.

Sure some of the people protesting are being over dramatic, but so are you "Grog no understand boom stick?"

If this was near MY school I'd be fighting it like crazy, because we owe to it our children to make sure they are as safe as possible, and sorry guns being fired on a range mere hundreds of feet from them is not as safe as we can make them.
I was under the impression it's an indoor range; exactly how many indoor ranges have had accidents extending hundreds of inches, let alone feet, beyond the confines of the facility?

ConHog
05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
I was under the impression it's an indoor range; exactly how many indoor ranges have had accidents extending hundreds of inches, let alone feet, beyond the confines of the facility?

I didn't see reference to such, if true, it would change my opinion slightly. IF there guarantees that the would NEVER allow firing outdoors.

Voted4Reagan
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
I was working in Waterbury not that long ago...

There are definitely parts of it that you need to be armed....

logroller
05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
I didn't see reference to such, if true, it would change my opinion slightly. IF there guarantees that the would NEVER allow firing outdoors.

Indoor, in the basement.

WATERBURY, Conn. (WTNH) -- Parents in Waterbury trying to stop an indoor gun range next door to a school hope to get the Board of Education on their side.The gun range is proposed to open in the basement of a building next to Sprague Elementary school.
Parents and others are concerned about lead dust emissions, traffic, and the idea people will be coming to the neighborhood with guns.
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/gun-range-fight-goes-to-board-of-education

ConHog
05-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Indoor, in the basement.
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/gun-range-fight-goes-to-board-of-education

Then , as I said I would have to rethink. Not saying I fully change my mind, I mean what if a liquor store wanted to sell booze 200 feet from the school and promised to only sale in the basement?

This isn't near as open and shut as Darin would lead us to believe though.

logroller
05-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Then , as I said I would have to rethink. Not saying I fully change my mind, I mean what if a liquor store wanted to sell booze 200 feet from the school and promised to only sale in the basement?

This isn't near as open and shut as Darin would lead us to believe though.

I think a titty-bar would be a better example than a liquor store. I think what he's trying to say, and what I too gathered from the OP, is the ignorance of some range opponents; as demonstrated by some of their statements. Lead is a valid concern; except gun ranges have strict rules regarding filtration. Traffic is bogus; I mean, a school generates way more traffic than a gun store. But most of all I think its the concern over the presence of guns in the vicinity; which I think you and I see as a valid concern...except, of course, there already are laws on carrying a loaded weapon. Every range I've ever been to had a rule about transporting weapons unloaded, until at the firing line. What I think most people unfamiliar with firearm safety don't understand is the person who goes to gun range is more likely than the average joe to be a diligent regarding such rules. Training is the key, and practice at a range is part of that training.

Mr. P
05-31-2012, 03:16 PM
My High school had a range in it. As a member of the Rifle team I shot there 2 hrs a day M-F for four yrs. No one was ever hurt in any way. Imagine that.

Nell's Room
05-31-2012, 11:00 PM
I don't like guns and I don't support the right to carry one (but one should be permitted to keep a gun in their homes for personal protection) but since they are legal, it is only fair to have a shooting range - but near a school? No matter how safe this range is claimed to be, there is always the risk that someone could get hurt.

They can have their shooting range, but it would be best to move it to a place away from the general public - especially schoolkids.

logroller
05-31-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't like guns and I don't support the right to carry one (but one should be permitted to keep a gun in their homes for personal protection) but since they are legal, it is only fair to have a shooting range - but near a school? No matter how safe this range is claimed to be, there is always the risk that someone could get hurt.

They can have their shooting range, but it would be best to move it to a place away from the general public - especially schoolkids.

Take a guess where the vast majority of accidental firearm deaths occur?

Hint: it's not at the gun range.

Answer (http://www.childdeathreview.org/causesAF.htm)

darin
06-01-2012, 03:39 AM

First - did you read the story?

Secondly - "there's always a risk"? Logical fallacy at best. The existence of ANY risk from ANYTHING "always" exists. Would you prohibit air traffic from flying over the school, because you know there's ALWAYS a risk the plane could hit the school. Cars, too - Drivers in Cars kill more americans than anything, yet cars are FREELY ALLOWED to whiz past the school. There's always a risk someone could get hurt, ya know...

There's NO risk a round could leave the indoor shooting facility and strike the school or anyone in/around it. When I use the word 'no' I mean to say 'the statisitcal risk is so low as to be non-existent.'

People like to get hopped up about buzzwords without looking at the facts.

ConHog
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
First - did you read the story?

Secondly - "there's always a risk"? Logical fallacy at best. The existence of ANY risk from ANYTHING "always" exists. Would you prohibit air traffic from flying over the school, because you know there's ALWAYS a risk the plane could hit the school. Cars, too - Drivers in Cars kill more americans than anything, yet cars are FREELY ALLOWED to whiz past the school. There's always a risk someone could get hurt, ya know...

There's NO risk a round could leave the indoor shooting facility and strike the school or anyone in/around it. When I use the word 'no' I mean to say 'the statisitcal risk is so low as to be non-existent.'

People like to get hopped up about buzzwords without looking at the facts.

Still, I can see why some would be concerned. Now surely some have went overboard with that concern here, and I don't think I personally would think that the level of concern warrants telling them they can't have their shooting range; but there IS reason for concern.

darin
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
^ I disagree...I think 'reason' has little to do with their concerns. If they look at things objectively, reason would say 'no worries' - at least no more amount of worry than from any other potential hazzard.

ConHog
06-01-2012, 12:40 PM
^ I disagree...I think 'reason' has little to do with their concerns. If they look at things objectively, reason would say 'no worries' - at least no more amount of worry than from any other potential hazzard.

And I disagree with you. When it comes to my child's safety I don't give a rat's ass how small the risk is, it concerns me.

darin
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
And I disagree with you. When it comes to my child's safety I don't give a rat's ass how small the risk is, it concerns me.

Do you concern yourself with flight patterns or traffic patterns, too?

I mitigate risk as much as I can with my kids - without keeping them bubbled-up. An indoor shooting facility across a bridge and within an inustrial area - that happens to be somewhat near a school is of such a tiny, ity bity statisical risk its of almost zero concern for me. I based that on 'reason'. Reason says, handgun and rifle ammo can't go through the ground, and u-turn back across a river and strike a child. Reason says my kids' risk of an airplane falling on them at school is probably higher than that of being shot by a stray bullet from an indoor, underground? range.

but...OOH!! A GUN range 'sounds' bad.

Little-Acorn
06-01-2012, 12:48 PM
So, from what I've been able to find out:

1.) The range is "a few hundred feet away" from the school.
2.) The range is in a basement, with solid earth or rock walls all around.
3.) Person entering or exiting are strictly controlled, as is true of most ranges.

Has anyone found any way in which this range, (which is NOT "next to the school") is any more dangerous than the cars driving driving by the school at all hours? Or the swimming pools that many schools have? Or the buses the kids ride on in uncontrolled traffic?

This appears to me to be to be nothing more than a case of unthinking adults horrified by the very idea of guns, drooling and slobbering like Pavlov's dogs at the mere mention of "a shooting range" and children in the same sentence.

Why did anyone listen to them for more than one second in the first place?

red state
06-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Liberals never cease to amaze me. The ignorance and absence of detail, fact and even the lack of simply common sense THEY usually display is overwhelming, if not downright disturbing.

THEY are fine with handing out condoms, showing sex videos or "educating" our kids if sex is a possibly for that child or group of children YET they prefer to keep children ignorant of gun safety and far, far away from guns or responsible folks who know how to handle a gun. I know that schools once had gun teams with 22 cal. as the rifle of choice (with NO incidents that I'm aware of) and there may still be some schools that have gun teams or gun safety courses (I KNOW they still have archery teams) and I'm for this type of education before they teach a preschool kid how to place a condom on a cucumber.

Would be great to know that our kids had some form of immediate protection if ever, Jesus forbid, that some evil kid/adult stormed the school grounds like in times past. I'd feel safe knowing that 20 or so employees and customers of the nearby/next door business had the ability to come a-runnin' and shoot that trash down like the dog they are (without waiting on the usual slow response of cops to get there). I'm sure the quick response time of those next door would indeed save more lives than the one life lost to a stray bullet (should a shot go through the VERY, Very, very thick wall after a VERY, Very, very well trained and responsible person (who knows gun safety front and back) pulled the trigger. It is probably more likely for a meteor or nut/bolt from NASA to come down and kill a kid more than a stray round. In that regard, I suppose we could thank the @$$ hole who is currently occupying the White House for keeping our kids safe now that he has clamped down on NASA.

In closing, I would LOVE for there to be such a business near/next door to my kid's school...it would keep me, and my two teen girls from having to drive to our own personal range. Despite the ignorance of the left in preventing such things, Kids need to be educated in the safety of guns and the important history that guns have played in our heritage and FREEDOM.

darin
06-01-2012, 01:14 PM
WiccanLiberal, as defined by her user name, is a liberal NOT like that. She/he? seems VERY well adjusted, reasonable, and intelligent. See also: Juan Williams of Fox.

Liberals never cease to amaze me. The ignorance and absence of detail, fact and even the lack of simply common sense THEY usually display is overwhelming, if not downright disturbing.

THEY are fine with handing out condoms, showing sex videos or "educating" our kids if sex is a possibly for that child or group of children YET they prefer to keep children ignorant of gun safety and far, far away from guns or responsible folks who know how to handle a gun. I know that schools once had gun teams with 22 cal. as the rifle of choice (with NO incidents that I'm aware of) and there may still be some schools that have gun teams or gun safety courses (I KNOW they still have archery teams) and I'm for this type of education before they teach a preschool kid how to place a condom on a cucumber.

Would be great to know that our kids had some form of immediate protection if ever, Jesus forbid, that some evil kid/adult stormed the school grounds like in times past. I'd feel safe knowing that 20 or so employees and customers of the nearby/next door business had the ability to come a-runnin' and shoot that trash down like the dog they are (without waiting on the usual slow response of cops to get there). I'm sure the quick response time of those next door would indeed save more lives than the one life lost to a stray bullet (should a shot go through the VERY, Very, very thick wall after a VERY, Very, very well trained and responsible person (who knows gun safety front and back) pulled the trigger. It is probably more likely for a meteor or nut/bolt from NASA to come down and kill a kid more than a stray round. In that regard, I suppose we could thank the @$$ hole who is currently occupying the White House for keeping our kids safe now that he has clamped down on NASA.

The following is your on-topic content:

In closing, I would LOVE for there to be such a business near/next door to my kid's school...it would keep me, and my two teen girls from having to drive to our own personal range. Despite the ignorance of the left in preventing such things, Kids need to be educated in the safety of guns and the important history that guns have played in our heritage and FREEDOM.

And I agree w/ your last sentence...here's a photo of my daughter three years ago; aged 10.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3472&d=1338574462</SPAN>

Nukeman
06-01-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't like guns and I don't support the right to carry one (but one should be permitted to keep a gun in their homes for personal protection) but since they are legal.
Then by all means DON'T have one, thats the great thing about freedom YOU have the choice to NOT have a gun and I have the CHOICE to own one!! See how that works??

, it is only fair to have a shooting range - but near a school? No matter how safe this range is claimed to be, there is always the risk that someone could get hurt.
Just walking to school or getting in a car and driving to school involves risk, how about waiting on the bus in the dark by the road think there might be risk in that to? Hell why don't we make in mandatory that school start after 10 in the morning to avoid any traffic and let them out by 2 to be sure to once again avoid traffic.... You knwo need to cut down on that whole "risk" thing!!

They can have their shooting range, but it would be best to move it to a place away from the general public - especially schoolkids
Why?? What better place to put a indoor shooting range than next to a school!! It gets the children and their parents TALKING about the use of firearms and the SAFE handling of said firearms and if there are questions you have shooting experts right down the road to share their knowledge and show PROPER/SAFE handling of the firearms.

So tell me who would you rather have find daddys gun in the closet little timmy who has never seen one before because he might get hurt by it so was forbidden from touching of sooting it or little Johnny who has been going to the range and learned all about safety and knows to get an adult to lock it up or has the knowledge to do so themselves. Me I choose the educated child ones like my own who all learned to shoot as small children and know exactly what to do if they were to ever come across a unattended firearm!!!

Abbey Marie
06-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Would be great to know that our kids had some form of immediate protection if ever, Jesus forbid, that some evil kid/adult stormed the school grounds like in times past. I'd feel safe knowing that 20 or so employees and customers of the nearby/next door business had the ability to come a-runnin' and shoot that trash down like the dog they are (without waiting on the usual slow response of cops to get there).

I was about to post the same thing. :thumb:

And these days, I think what's going on inside many classrooms is more dangerous to our children.

Mr. P
06-01-2012, 04:17 PM
And I agree w/ your last sentence...here's a photo of my daughter three years ago; aged 10.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3472&d=1338574462

Darin..I've been meaning to ask you for a long time now, is that at the Tristate gun club here in Daleville?

ConHog
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM
[B][I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Liberals never cease to amaze me. The ignorance and absence of detail, fact and even the lack of simply common sense THEY usually display is overwhelming, if not downright disturbing.

THEY are fine with handing out condoms, showing sex videos or "educating" our kids if sex is a possibly for that child or group of children YET they prefer to keep children ignorant of gun safety and far, far away from guns or responsible folks who know how to handle a gun.

I want to respond to just this one point.

You show the same lack of common sense that "they" do. If I have a right to teach my children gun safety and sexual abstinence if I choose to; and I DO have that right; then it just stands to reason that other people have a right to not teach their kids about guns but teach them about sex if they choose to.

Freedom is not just for those things YOU want the freedom to do.

Nukeman
06-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I want to respond to just this one point.

You show the same lack of common sense that "they" do. If I have a right to teach my children gun safety and sexual abstinence if I choose to; and I DO have that right; then it just stands to reason that other people have a right to not teach their kids about guns but teach them about sex if they choose to.

Freedom is not just for those things YOU want the freedom to do. If they choose to be ignorant than they shouldn't be bitching about something they are ignorant of now should they!!!!

ConHog
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
If they choose to be ignorant than they shouldn't be bitching about something they are ignorant of now should they!!!!

That is another subject entirely, and one I would agree with you on.

My only point to RSR was that he is not the arbitrator of what people should teach their children any more than "they" are.

Nukeman
06-01-2012, 04:51 PM
That is another subject entirely, and one I would agree with you on.

My only point to RSR was that he is not the arbitrator of what people should teach their children any more than "they" are.
Oh I agree, I was just pointing out that if someone refuses to learn something than they should not be the ones bitching about what others are willing to teach!!

ConHog
06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh I agree, I was just pointing out that if someone refuses to learn something than they should not be the ones bitching about what others are willing to teach!!

we agree 100% on that. Similar to what I tell my children about new foods. I make them try anything ONCE, nothing makes me madder than when they say they don't like something they have never even tried. How do you POSSIBLY judge something you don't actually know about?

darin
06-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Darin..I've been meaning to ask you for a long time now, is that at the Tristate gun club here in Daleville?

Why Yes, Yes it IS! :D En route from the range, we'd stop at that tiny 'best burger' place - is it still there??

Most of my shooting vids are from there, too!

Here's the vid from that pic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEZoDVJakw

I lived just off Rucker Blvd in two locations - the first was in a bunch of town homes. Leave post heading towards town. Just past the firestation on the right. Few miles from the Enterprise gate. Second was a home on Heritage Drive.

Wasn't but 15 mins or so from Rucker.

Hey - have you eaten at Sarah's country Kitchen? THE BEST Pecan Pie...ever.

Thunderknuckles
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Red State is RSR?

ConHog
06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Red State is RSR?

correct.

Mr. P
06-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Why Yes, Yes it IS! :D En route from the range, we'd stop at that tiny 'best burger' place - is it still there??

Most of my shooting vids are from there, too!

Here's the vid from that pic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEZoDVJakw

I lived just off Rucker Blvd in two locations - the first was in a bunch of town homes. Leave post heading towards town. Just past the firestation on the right. Few miles from the Enterprise gate. Second was a home on Heritage Drive.

Wasn't but 15 mins or so from Rucker.

Hey - have you eaten at Sarah's country Kitchen? THE BEST Pecan Pie...ever.
Yep, 'best burger' is still there. Haven't eaten at Sarah's.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Red State is RSR?

No

red state
06-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Funny how libbies get their panties in a wad over the least bit of "compromise" or any hint of tolerence regarding another persons beliefs. I NEVER said that libbie kids should be forced to learn gun safety or how to use a gun. I did say, however and in so many words, that is is a good idea for everyone to NOT be ignorant of things and (IF) sex ed is going to be forced down conservative kid's throat, why not gun safety classes for everyone. Simple...unless you're simple minded (or close minded).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
correct.

No he is not.. I invited redstate here from my old forum. He is not the same person as you guys had here previously.
They are not one and the same person..--Tyr

red state
06-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I was about to post the same thing. :thumb:

And these days, I think what's going on inside many classrooms is more dangerous to our children.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

THANKS ABBEY!!!

This topic makes me think back on the Texan politician who brought her pistol out when a "would be" robber/mass murderer came to where she was dining. I believe she's the same one that proposed a town law requiring EVERY 'legal' citizen to carry a firearm. GOOD LAW and it would certainly bring our taxes down....more armed citizens, less cops, less crime. FACT!

I feel that I need to watch my "P's" and "Q's" regarding subject matter and staying on subject but to someone such as yourself, and with obvious intelligence, my comments are RIGHT on and right on topic. Discussing matters, regardless of how one phrases things, is still ON TOPIC and I simply try to explore all the avenues regarding pros and cons within any given topic. Of course, it brings a smile to my face when I'm seemingly picked on cuz this means that I've brought up something that "sticks it" to the other guy who is in obvious need of "adjustment".

What we have hear is a failure to communicate and WE THE PEOPLE will definitely "communicate" the purpose and founding of our GREAT NATION loud and clear to those who are confused and/or ignorant. Guns don't kill people... If you outlaw guns only the outlaws will have them.... Educate our children in gun safety with demonstrations / footage to show the effects of a released round.... Our kids are exposed to porn, drugs violent films and video games but GOD and GUNS are banned...is that not the workings of the insane?!!! Ignorant and insane people have ruined and continue to ruin this GREAT NATION...just look at the idiots who are protesting gun clubs, gun manufacturers or gun dealers (whether near/next door to OUR kids or not).

Am I still on topic here? I believe I am.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

THANKS ABBEY!!!

This topic makes me think back on the Texan politician who brought her pistol out when a "would be" robber/mass murderer came to where she was dining. I believe she's the same one that proposed a town law requiring EVERY 'legal' citizen to carry a firearm. GOOD LAW and it would certainly bring our taxes down....more armed citizens, less cops, less crime. FACT!

I feel that I need to watch my "P's" and "Q's" regarding subject matter and staying on subject but to someone such as yourself, and with obvious intelligence, my comments are RIGHT on and right on topic. Discussing matters, regardless of how one phrases things, is still ON TOPIC and I simply try to explore all the avenues regarding pros and cons within any given topic. Of course, it brings a smile to my face when I'm seemingly picked on cuz this means that I've brought up something that "sticks it" to the other guy who is in obvious need of "adjustment".

What we have hear is a failure to communicate and WE THE PEOPLE will definitely "communicate" the purpose and founding of our GREAT NATION loud and clear to those who are confused and/or ignorant. Guns don't kill people... If you outlaw guns only the outlaws will have them.... Educate our children in gun safety with demonstrations / footage to show the effects of a released round.... Our kids are exposed to porn, drugs violent films and video games but GOD and GUNS are banned...is that not the workings of the insane?!!! Ignorant and insane people have ruined and continue to ruin this GREAT NATION...just look at the idiots who are protesting gun clubs, gun manufacturers or gun dealers (whether near/next door to OUR kids or not).

Am I still on topic here? I believe I am.

Good points amigo and I also agree that parents have the right to -NOT- teach thier children about guns. I suggest that they do but would make no demands that they be forced to. For instance, I'm not going to teach my son how to play soccer when we have FOOTBALL, baseball and basketball . RedState , slow down a bit my friend . This place is far more friendly and fair than our old site. Just a suggestion from a friend but sticking to ones principles can be accomplished in a more laid back manner. I sent you a pm earlier my friend.. -Tyr

logroller
06-04-2012, 10:36 AM

... a town law requiring EVERY 'legal' citizen to carry a firearm. GOOD LAW and it would certainly bring our taxes down....more armed citizens, less cops, less crime. FACT!

Sorta like a compulsory freedom and safety insurance.

gabosaurus
06-04-2012, 11:03 PM
In situations like this, I am always touched by the compassionate stands taken by the NRA:

FAIRFAX, VA—National Rifle Association Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre said Monday that somewhere around 1,000 kids would have to die in a school shooting in order for the organization to reconsider their longstanding opposition to gun control.

"Yeah, that's probably the only way we'd reassess much of anything at this point: 1,000 dead kids, shot up pretty good, lying face down in the school auditorium or something like that," LaPierre said, noting that anything less than 1,000 dead kids would not be enough for the NRA to stop urging Congress to pass pro-gun legislation.

"I mean, that's just a ballpark number, but I imagine seeing 1,000 or so body bags being wheeled out of a school and a whole town of crying parents would probably make us reflect on our values for at least a little bit."

"So yeah, more or less 1,000 dead kids," LaPierre added. "Something around there. And teachers don't count."

Dilloduck
06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
In situations like this, I am always touched by the compassionate stands taken by the NRA:

Look-----Gabby is pretending she doesn't understand sarcasm. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Look, they could offer to build it twenty stories underground and the same idjits would show up to protest.
Its always the leftside loons and braindead followers of appeasement first and PC mentally disabled people that are ignorant as hell of the proper use and maintenance of guns! Safety is the easiest issue they can latch on to in order to scream no guns, ban all guns, etc...--Tyr

ConHog
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Look-----Gabby is pretending she doesn't understand sarcasm. :laugh:

why not? she also pretends to be liberal.

oh, and she also denies being in love with conhog.

Mr. P
06-05-2012, 04:36 AM

Got a link, Gab?

darin
06-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Look, they could offer to build it twenty stories underground and the same idjits would show up to protest.
Its always the leftside loons and braindead followers of appeasement first and PC mentally disabled people that are ignorant as hell of the proper use and maintenance of guns! Safety is the easiest issue they can latch on to in order to scream no guns, ban all guns, etc...--Tyr

I know a lot of right-side goofs who carry the same thought processes. Start a rumor Obama is disbanding the Military and within 2 days I'll see 400 forwarded emails 'proving' the claim.

gabosaurus
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
why not? she also pretends to be liberal.

Actually, this point came up this weekend when my husband and I were having lunch with my parents (my daughter was out with some friends).
We were discussing some point or another when my dad stared at my husband and said "what have you done to my daughter? She is not the same person I raised." :laugh:

oh, and she also denies being in love with conhog.

Entirely possible. :cool:

gabosaurus
06-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Got a link, Gab?

No. :slap:

ConHog
06-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Actually, this point came up this weekend when my husband and I were having lunch with my parents (my daughter was out with some friends).
We were discussing some point or another when my dad stared at my husband and said "what have you done to my daughter? She is not the same person I raised." :laugh:

Entirely possible. :cool:

read it and weep Darin. :coffee:

gabosaurus
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Funny how libbies get their panties in a wad over the least bit of "compromise" or any hint of tolerence regarding another persons beliefs. I NEVER said that libbie kids should be forced to learn gun safety or how to use a gun. I did say, however and in so many words, that is is a good idea for everyone to NOT be ignorant of things and (IF) sex ed is going to be forced down conservative kid's throat, why not gun safety classes for everyone. Simple...unless you're simple minded (or close minded).

Have to agree with this. The dangers in today's society makes it necessary for kids to learn about guns. Though not necessarily how to SHOOT guns.
If teaching kids about birth control "encourages" kids to have sex, wouldn't teaching kids about guns encourage them to get one and shoot it?

Otherwise, my dad enrolled my sister and I in gun safety classes when we were in high school. We both have weapons permits and know how to use them. My sister practices more than I do. Probably because of where she lives.
If anyone ever breaks into my sister's house, it will be on the news. Because someone will be dead.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I know a lot of right-side goofs who carry the same thought processes. Start a rumor Obama is disbanding the Military and within 2 days I'll see 400 forwarded emails 'proving' the claim.

Sure the rightside has its goofs as well. It also has its sincere patriots too. Some people think they are one and the same. Myself, I've been called goofy before by liberals just for clearly exspressing my love of country. The world has all kinds , its best to learn how to tell the differnce between shat and shinola.:laugh:
Some people never learn that because they think they already know every damn thing.
They usually vote Dem and somehow have even managed to get dead people to vote that way too.
How's that for shat on a silver platter?-:laugh:--Tyr

jimnyc
06-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Got a link, Gab?

No. :slap:

It was from theonion.com if I recall correctly, if there was any doubt that the story was bogus. Even sarcastic and dumb posts should cite the original writer. :)

jimnyc
06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Read the entire thread and accompanying articles. Anyone complaining over this is complaining for no reason. The ONLY way a kid could get hurt, from a gun, in this scenario would be if it were outside by a nutjob carrying a gun - which the same risk will apply if this place never existed. But shooting a gun, hundreds of yards away, in a basement - now way in hell is accidentally going to go through the Earth and magically hit a kid down the road. You could put one of these places on all 4 sides of the school and they would still be at higher risk from a moving vehicle, a plane crash or some fruitloops going nutso and trying to blow the school up.