PDA

View Full Version : Huston School District Bans Backpacks.......

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Wow, interesting.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/13334735/detail.html?subid=22100412&qs=1;bp=t

LiberalNation
05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
A lot of schools do this, or have only clear see thru pack rules. We aren't allowed to carry them around but no one really enforces the rule. Consider the crap we're expected to carry for each class i think it's a stupid rule. You can hide weapons and drugs without carrying a backpack. What about purses, clothing, ect.

Doniston
05-22-2007, 10:27 AM
A lot of schools do this, or have only clear see thru pack rules. We aren't allowed to carry them around but no one really enforces the rule. Consider the crap we're expected to carry for each class i think it's a stupid rule. You can hide weapons and drugs without carrying a backpack. What about purses, clothing, ect. I can't argue with you, you are correct

Course maybe each student can be issued a wheelbarrow. :rolleyes:

Monkeybone
05-22-2007, 10:36 AM
not that big of a deal, they stopped letting us carry any sorta bag in my highschool (unless you were a girl and then it didn't matter how big your purse was) and it was fine. we coped even when they shortened our passing periods to 3 mins

Hobbit
05-22-2007, 10:59 AM
It's yet another retarded way that the government is trying to turn its schools into totalitarian zones where what are normally Constitutionally protected freedoms become high crimes. It's stupid. If they'd just get rid of this 'gun-free zone' nonsense, they wouldn't have to pass such asinine rules in the first place.