PDA

View Full Version : Jessica wuz robbed.

Little-Acorn
05-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Hometown girl shoulda taken it all. I knew that after she sang the first Whitney Houston song weeks ago. The other may as well have packed up and gone home that night.

SassyLady
05-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Who is Jessica?

Little-Acorn
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Who is Jessica?

Skinny little girl who just came in 2nd in American Idol. I like that show, it's great to see those kids trying so hard and singing so well (usually). And some of them have some real talent. THAT'S good TV, even if the chronically-Hollywood host grossly overhypes it.

Jessica Sanchez goes to Eastlake High School near where I live, probably isn't even a senior yet, probably doesn't weigh 80 pounds. She's 16. She started out singing pretty well, as did most of the others. Then on the fourth or fifth show, she sang "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston, and if you closed your eyes you'd swear it was Whitney herself. It's impossible for ANYONE to sing that song as well as Houston did, especially a ditzy-seeming little waif who probably spends her spare time chasing butterflies, giggling, and texting her friends about boys. Her tone quality, power, control, and sheer musical acumen would be surprising in a 40-year-old, and is stunning in this girl. When she sang that song, I remarked to my wife, "The rest of the contestants may as well pack up and go home. The contest is over, that girl just won it all." And that was with some other contestants who were surprisingly good themselves. One of the judges told her, "You just made 50 million people cry."

But last night, the big finale with all contestants eliminated except Jessica and one other, she was voted into second place.

The other guy was good. But Jessica wuz robbed.

Thunderknuckles
05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Skinny little girl who just came in 2nd in American Idol. I like that show, it's great to see those kids trying so hard and singing so well (usually). And some of them have some real talent. THAT'S good TV
:gay:

:p

ConHog
05-24-2012, 11:26 AM
The only time I watch is youtube clips of the early losers who someone should have at some point told that they can't sing. LOL

jimnyc
05-24-2012, 01:28 PM
The only time I watch is youtube clips of the early losers who someone should have at some point told that they can't sing. LOL

Simon was awesome for that. Outside of the finale, the best part was always the first chances when the idiots would show up, and Simon would tell them just how worthless they are!

gabosaurus
05-24-2012, 03:00 PM
:gay:

:p

I am not much for televised karaoke (I prefer real musicians performing original songs) but ... :laugh: (score one for Thunderknuckles)

However... my sister gave my husband and I tickets to see Crystal Bowersox a couple of years ago and she was incredibly good. She performed original songs from her album and has a great sense of humor.

Mr. P
05-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I stopped watching when Simon left. I'm surprised the show still airs really.

SassyLady
05-25-2012, 02:00 AM
I stopped watching when Simon left. I'm surprised the show still airs really.

I have never watched it. I love the new TV show SMASH and found out that one of the lead characters was from American Idol......Katharine McPhee.....when she sings it gives me goosebumps.

Noir
05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't get the appeal of those shows at all, I mean, it is glorified karaoke. im sure some of the covers are great, and some are awful, but really, singing other people's songs well shouldn't be held as highly as it is.