PDA

View Full Version : Outside In

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I've just been reinstated after being banned. Hello everyone.

MtnBiker
05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Banned, after asking to be banned.

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned, after asking to be banned.

Reinstated after asking to be reinstated. Who are you?

ConHog
05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Reinstated after asking to be reinstated. Who are you?

Let it go..............

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Let it go..............

Who is mtnbiker? It's a fair question.

jimnyc
05-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Who is mtnbiker? It's a fair question.

He is an administrator, and the one who banned you when you requested it. He's damn good people, but not online enough, unfortunately.

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 07:10 PM
He is an administrator, and the one who banned you when you requested it. He's damn good people, but not online enough, unfortunately.

I hope I never meet him again.

jimnyc
05-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I hope I never meet him again.

He complied with your request yesterday. Then in this thread, he simply clarified that your ban was given after you demanded it. He's good people and has been a staff member for like forever. You're not doing yourself any favors if you alienate good people for dumb reasons.

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
He complied with your request yesterday. Then in this thread, he simply clarified that your ban was given after you demanded it. He's good people and has been a staff member for like forever. You're not doing yourself any favors if you alienate good people for dumb reasons.

Jim,

I don't know him. All I know of him is he banned me.

I'm sure he's good people, Most people here are good people.

Even I'm good people.

wind

jimnyc
05-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Jim,

I don't know him. All I know of him is he banned me.

I'm sure he's good people, Most people here are good people.

Even I'm good people.

wind

I'm not stating otherwise. If I didn't think you were, you wouldn't be posting here right now. You can't hold him accountable for your own actions. He is supposed to monitor the board and enforce the rules, and that includes when someone gets a bit unruly and more or less demands to be banned.

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm not stating otherwise. If I didn't think you were, you wouldn't be posting here right now. You can't hold him accountable for your own actions. He is supposed to monitor the board and enforce the rules, and that includes when someone gets a bit unruly and more or less demands to be banned.

Yes, I asked to be banned. For years I asked to be banned on forums that I wish they'd banned me on. I was surprised that I was banned. I realized I still wanted to be here.

He's your friend. You know him. I don't.

I'm open to making friends. I'm open to finding some way to fit here, if possible. IMO, what I value about this forum is that you're demanding that I be at my best. That is friendship.

jimnyc
05-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes, I asked to be banned. For years I asked to be banned on forums that I wish they'd banned me on. I was surprised that I was banned. I realized I still wanted to be here.

He's your friend. You know him. I don't.

I'm open to making friends. I'm open to finding some way to fit here, if possible. IMO, what I value about this forum is that you're demanding that I be at my best. That is friendship.

I'm glad you feel that way - but a slight clarification - we WANT you to be at your best - we want EVERYONE to be at their best. And when we fail, we try again. But we don't want to demand you do anything, we just want everyone to get along and people will make comments and suggestions over time that help us reach those goals.

Wind Song
05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm glad you feel that way - but a slight clarification - we WANT you to be at your best - we want EVERYONE to be at their best. And when we fail, we try again. But we don't want to demand you do anything, we just want everyone to get along and people will make comments and suggestions over time that help us reach those goals.

I'll do my best to tone myself down so that I'm not pissing everyone off and getting 100% negative feedback. Ouch.