PDA

View Full Version : Men who cheat on their wives more likely to die of a heart attack

Shadow
05-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Your cheatin’ heart makes Hank Williams weep, but it might kill you.
Researchers in Italy examined monogamy among men and discovered an interesting correlation -- having an extramarital affair increases men’s risk of having a deadly heart attack.
It’s almost cliché: a middle-age man having sex with a woman (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) who is not his wife keels over in flagrante delicto, what’s known as sudden coital death (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3631555) (oh yes, it has a medical name). But like some stereotypes, it appears to be based in truth, says Dr. Marc Gillinov, a heart surgeon at The Cleveland Clinic and co-author of the book "Heart 411," which looks at cases of sudden coital death, among other cardiac events. (Gillinov did not participate in this study.)

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/25/11880623-men-who-cheat-on-their-wives-more-likely-to-die-of-a-heart-attack?lite

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Are you trying to scare anyone in particular ?

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Researchers in Italy examined monogamy among men and discovered an interesting correlation -- having an extramarital affair increases men’s risk of having a deadly heart attack.
It’s almost cliché: a middle-age man having sex with a woman (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) who is not his wife keels over in flagrante delicto, what’s known as sudden coital death (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3631555) (oh yes, it has a medical name). But like some stereotypes, it appears to be based in truth, says Dr. Marc Gillinov, a heart surgeon at The Cleveland Clinic and co-author of the book "Heart 411," which looks at cases of sudden coital death, among other cardiac events. (Gillinov did not participate in this study.)

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/25/11880623-men-who-cheat-on-their-wives-more-likely-to-die-of-a-heart-attack?lite

Seems like karma to me.

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Seems like karma to me.

hetero hater

Shadow
05-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Are you trying to scare anyone in particular ?

Who me? :laugh:

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
No hetero hater. Cheater hater. Plenty of gay men cheat on their partners. It's not just a het thing.

ConHog
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Seems like karma to me.

oh BS

What it is that every guy was stupid enough to cheat got caught and some pissed bitch nagged him until his heart exploded.

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Who me? :laugh:

You or whoever you hired to post that article. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:24 PM
No hetero hater. Cheater hater. Plenty of gay men cheat on their partners. It's not just a het thing.

I command you to hold onto your hate forever.

ConHog
05-25-2012, 08:25 PM

women cheat to Sky. Gay AND straight women.

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 08:26 PM
oh BS

What it is that every guy was stupid enough to cheat got caught and some pissed bitch nagged him until his heart exploded.

It's stressful to cheat.

ConHog
05-25-2012, 08:26 PM
hetero hater

Shadow
05-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Seems like karma to me.

Nah...just a bunch of old farts trying to get it on with sexy young things and thinking they can keep up. You know buying new duds...going out clubbing...drinking too much...smoking too much and then trying to out wit the wifey. It can be HIGHLY stressful.

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:29 PM
It's stressful to cheat.

and physically exhausting

Shadow
05-25-2012, 08:29 PM
You or whoever you hired to post that article. :laugh2:

Think your lesbian girlfriend will get mad if you step out on her? :poke:

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Think your lesbian girlfriend will get mad if you step out on her? :poke:

No wonder dillo is who he is. He has a lesbian GF.:laugh:

Shadow
05-25-2012, 08:32 PM
and physically exhausting

No harder than climbing a flight of stairs...says so in the article.

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:33 PM

She swings from both sides of the plate. Fun gal.

Shadow
05-25-2012, 08:34 PM

That was a joke. Don't get excited ;)

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:34 PM
No harder than climbing a flight of stairs...say so in the article.

That's why it's best to fuck on the ground floor.

Shadow
05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
That's why it's best to fuck on the ground floor.

How can you tell if you are an old fart? Climbing stairs to fuck on the roof can kill you. :coffee:

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 08:41 PM
That was a joke. Don't get excited ;)

I completely believe it. It explains his attitude. He has a lesbian GF and she's not interested in him.

ConHog
05-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I completely believe it. It explains his attitude. He has a lesbian GF and she's not interested in him.

nom nom nom nom, anyone got any more bait?

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
How can you tell if you are an old fart? Climbing stairs to fuck on the roof can kill you. :coffee:

It didn't kill me the first time and the view is good from your roof.

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 08:45 PM
nom nom nom nom, anyone got any more bait?

She just threw that one in my face. Did you expect me to ignore it?

Shadow
05-25-2012, 09:04 PM
It didn't kill me the first time and the view is good from your roof.

I ain't got no stairs...so...is the memory the first thing to go or the second.

She just threw that one in my face. Did you expect me to ignore it?

Actually I threw that in Dillo's face. Not yours.:thumb:

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 09:07 PM

Yeah, well I riffed on it, ms.

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 09:13 PM

no worries----mum's the word.:cool:

Shadow
05-25-2012, 09:25 PM
no worries----mum's the word.:cool:

Did you learn nothing from the article? Keeping secrets is bad for your heart.

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Did you learn nothing from the article? Keeping secrets is bad for your heart.

I was just trying to protect you, honey ! It's worth the sacrifice.

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 09:36 PM
:cool:

ConHog
05-25-2012, 09:42 PM
puke, this thread is starting to remind me of Gunny and Jess.

:laugh2:

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 09:45 PM

Ah, leave them alone. They're made for each other.

Shadow
05-25-2012, 10:02 PM

Bite your tongue.

If I am ever that cutsie please slap me.

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Bite your tongue.

If I am ever that cutsie please slap me.

my pleasure !:dance:

PostmodernProphet
05-25-2012, 10:33 PM

makes sense......sex increases stress, stress causes heart attack....men cheating on their wives are more likely to be having sex.....

Shadow
05-25-2012, 10:43 PM
makes sense......sex increases stress, stress causes heart attack....men cheating on their wives are more likely to be having sex.....

But...cheating men have better hormonal and vascular functions... and are usually more healthy than men who don't cheat.

So...men...fess up. Have you ever cheated on your partner? If so...what was the motivator...and did you really feel that guilty after?

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Why would anyone answer a question like that on a messageboard?

Shadow
05-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Why would anyone answer a question like that on a messageboard?

Why does anyone answer any questions?

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 10:57 PM
to get to the other side

Wind Song
05-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Why does anyone answer any questions?

I suppose you want the information for some reason. Do you ever answer the questions you pose yourself?

Shadow
05-25-2012, 11:01 PM
I suppose you want the information for some reason. Do you ever answer the questions you pose yourself?

I have never cheated.

Shadow
05-25-2012, 11:03 PM
to get to the other side

Other side of what?

Dilloduck
05-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Other side of what?

Sorry--just jokin'

PostmodernProphet
05-26-2012, 08:27 AM
So...men...fess up. Have you ever cheated on your partner? If so...what was the motivator...and did you really feel that guilty after?

do women who smell like roses count?......I think my wife is okay with me cheating if the woman smells like roses......at least, whenever she catches me looking at a pretty woman she tells me it's time to wake up and smell the roses......

revelarts
05-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Older Pastor talking to a group of a few younger pastors:
"There will be Many temptations with women in the ministry. I've had them but never fallen.
3 things i've had to remember, boys.
#1 God don't like it.
#2 My wife would kill me.'
#3 The other women WILL TELL IT!!! They'll TELL!!"

Dilloduck
05-26-2012, 10:03 AM
"There will be Many temptations with women in the ministry. I've had them but never fallen.
#1 God don't like it.

Hell some of em will tell even if it didn't happen. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-26-2012, 10:32 AM
If you cheat on your wife and she finds out, it might not be the heart attack that kills you. :cool:

blarset
05-26-2012, 01:01 PM

Cause lord knows married men aint gettin any.

Wind Song
05-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Consider why that is... and choose to do something about it.

blarset
05-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Consider why that is... and choose to do something about it.

I did. I left her!

Wind Song
05-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I did. I left her!

Congratulations. May you be luckier in love in the future.

Shadow
05-26-2012, 09:19 PM
#1 God don't like it.

My opinion is that if you are with a homewrecker to begin with...you should expect her to brag about breaking up a relationship. That was her goal...some women are preditors...just like some men.

Hell some of em will tell even if it didn't happen. :laugh2:

See comment above.

Cause lord knows married men aint gettin any.

I did. I left her!

Ain't getting any because you don't want to have sex with her anymore? Or because she was holding out on you?

Wind Song
05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
I've never cheated on my wife. I've been tempted a couple times. I guess that's like Jimmy Carter.

I wouldn't be able to take the stress of being that duplicitous. I tell my wife EVERYTHING.

Shadow
05-26-2012, 11:26 PM
do women who smell like roses count?......I think my wife is okay with me cheating if the woman smells like roses......at least, whenever she catches me looking at a pretty woman she tells me it's time to wake up and smell the roses......

As in...the grass is always greener? Or... get real...she's out of your league?

I've never cheated on my wife. I've been tempted a couple times. I guess that's like Jimmy Carter.

I wouldn't be able to take the stress of being that duplicitous. I tell my wife EVERYTHING.

When dealing with my ex I learned early on to never tell him anything he could use against me in a fight later. Saved me a lot of grief in the long run.

darin
05-27-2012, 06:12 AM
People cheat ALL THE TIME. If you say you have not, chances are you are wrong, depending on the vows taken.

If you promised to love, and care more about your happiness, security, safety, and needs than those of your spouse you have cheated the other out of what you promised.

If you promised to cherish, and have pushed away, you have cheated your spouse out of what you promised.

If you promised to hold, but refused comfort when they need it, you have cheated your spouse out of what you promised.

If you promised to forsake all others, yet spend more time with your friends than your mate, you have cheated your spouse out of what you promised.

Seems to me; the ONLY vow-broken that matters to MOST people is the 'forsake all others', within a sexual context. I wonder why that is? I hold my wife to every vow she made; yet hold myself to not only my vows, but the intent of a marriage in the first place.
Further seems-to-me: A body can avoid Loving, Cherishing, and otherwise doing GOODNESS to their spouse...then, sure as shit, they Pull out the Victim Card quicker than WindSong in EVERY THREAD SHE'S IN, and claim "My spouse CHEATED on me! He/She had sex with another woman! (gasp!)"

No, friend - your spouse didn't CHEAT on you...you left them NO place for intimacy; love. Another person offered them the MOST-IMPORTANT aspect of a relationship...the sex they had was likely the result of the other person meeting the intellectual/heart-needs.

Course - sometimes...a spouse just wants a piece of tail from another participant. In that case, the one having sex was cheating LONG before they had the sex.

WS, you aren't married. You are living with somebody (allegedly) of your gender. You don't have a wife. You (allegedly) have a sex partner of your gender with whom you fornicate. You have somebody (allegedly) of your gender you share your life with. That's NOT a wife. You are not a wife. You never will be a wife if you continue your choice of lifestyle.

PostmodernProphet
05-27-2012, 07:20 AM

I think the implication might be, "honey, at your age everyone is out of your league".......but I am a vain man and I will never admit it.....

cadet
05-27-2012, 09:19 AM

I can give you the reason why men die.

Wife-"Hello honey, how was your day?"

Husband-"It was great honey."

W-"So, who's this Suzy in your phones contacts? and why does she want to meet?"

H-"Well, uh, um... uh, ya see..."

W-*walks up with a knife* "DIE YOU LITTLE TWO TIMIN' HUSSY!!!!"

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 09:25 AM

When dealing with my ex I learned early on to never tell him anything he could use against me in a fight later. Saved me a lot of grief in the long run.

I've never had any need or desire to keep information from my wife.

blarset
05-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Shadow : Ain't getting any because you don't want to have sex with her anymore? Or because she was holding out on you?

I got punished! She said it was because I didn't pay her any attention unless I wanted some., no it was because I worked to much. No now I remember it was her weight and body she didn't feel sexy anymore. Wait it was the Internet I spent to much time on it. She was tired and sick it was to late, the kids would hear or she had to get up early.
Now that I'm gone she tells me that she was mad and she did it to punish me.

Dilloduck
05-27-2012, 10:24 AM
I got punished! She said it was because I didn't pay her any attention unless I wanted some., no it was because I worked to much. No now I remember it was her weight and body she didn't feel sexy anymore. Wait it was the Internet I spent to much time on it. She was tired and sick it was to late, the kids would hear or she had to get up early.

Often times if an angry woman stays away from you it should be considered a blessing.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 10:45 AM

I bet she was mad.

blarset
05-27-2012, 11:10 AM
I bet she was mad.

Yeah how do you two do it? When you get hurt and and angry do you withhold intimacy from each other or is it something different like not communicating your feelings.
The thing is for me its hard to separate sex from love its like if she doesn't do that then she has an issue with caring for me, I think men are different in that respect.

darin
05-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Withholding as a 'punishment' is tantamount to marital/relationship infidelity.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 11:48 AM
People cheat ALL THE TIME. If you say you have not, chances are you are wrong, depending on the vows taken.

If you promised to love, and care more about your happiness, security, safety, and needs than those of your spouse you have cheated the other out of what you promised.

If you promised to cherish, and have pushed away, you have cheated your spouse out of what you promised.

If you promised to hold, but refused comfort when they need it, you have cheated your spouse out of what you promised.

If you promised to forsake all others, yet spend more time with your friends than your mate, you have cheated your spouse out of what you promised.

Seems to me; the ONLY vow-broken that matters to MOST people is the 'forsake all others', within a sexual context. I wonder why that is? I hold my wife to every vow she made; yet hold myself to not only my vows, but the intent of a marriage in the first place.
Further seems-to-me: A body can avoid Loving, Cherishing, and otherwise doing GOODNESS to their spouse...then, sure as shit, they Pull out the Victim Card quicker than WindSong in EVERY THREAD SHE'S IN, and claim "My spouse CHEATED on me! He/She had sex with another woman! (gasp!)"

No, friend - your spouse didn't CHEAT on you...you left them NO place for intimacy; love. Another person offered them the MOST-IMPORTANT aspect of a relationship...the sex they had was likely the result of the other person meeting the intellectual/heart-needs.

Course - sometimes...a spouse just wants a piece of tail from another participant. In that case, the one having sex was cheating LONG before they had the sex.

WS, you aren't married. You are living with somebody (allegedly) of your gender. You don't have a wife. You (allegedly) have a sex partner of your gender with whom you fornicate. You have somebody (allegedly) of your gender you share your life with. That's NOT a wife. You are not a wife. You never will be a wife if you continue your choice of lifestyle.

I agree with your whole post DMP...especially the bolded part.

I think the implication might be, "honey, at your age everyone is out of your league".......but I am a vain man and I will never admit it.....

Women are good for keeping their men from humilating themselves...aren't they. :thumb:

Could have been a lack of communication. She revealed that you didn't make her feel good about herself...that she felt unattractive. She was probably just insecure at the time. The fact that she left mad...could have been from putting that out there and getting negative feedback. Don't know.

Often times if an angry woman stays away from you it should be considered a blessing.

Especially if you are known to be smartass. :whistling2:

Yeah how do you two do it? When you get hurt and and angry do you withhold intimacy from each other or is it something different like not communicating your feelings.
The thing is for me its hard to separate sex from love its like if she doesn't do that then she has an issue with caring for me, I think men are different in that respect.

I just know that some words and actions wound...and once they go to far... sometimes there is no road back. It's hard to be intimate with someone you don't like as a person anymore.

I would also have to agree that it's hard to seperate sex from love.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 11:52 AM

What's the solution? Marital rape?

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm not sure what you're asking. My wife and I do not withold sex from each other as a punishment. We take good care to make sure we clear up any misunderstandings before we go to bed.

Marital relations are meant to be mutually consensual.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 11:54 AM

I would agree. It can be a form of manipulation.

Dilloduck
05-27-2012, 11:55 AM

no---the solution is not to withhold as a form of punishment.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 11:55 AM
It may be a form of manipulation, and it may be that a spouse acting like a jerk kills sexual desire. Does the man get to force his way when his wife is mad at him? That would be marital rape.

How about the couple clearing up their disagreements and not expecting sex as payment for anything.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Of course you would like this concept. It's what feminists like to do to the "new age" men they try to create. Control through sexual power.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 11:58 AM
no---the solution is not to withhold as a form of punishment.

Come on...you men are too stupid to think for yourself and know when you are being played.

Women must also use sex to reward you like dogs for doing good things. :laugh:

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Of course you would like this concept. It's what feminists like to do to the "new age" men they try to create. Control through sexual power.

Hold on there, sister. Some women control men through sexual power. That would be heterosexual women doing that to their men. You have some very narrow minded ideas about feminism. What you're descibing as a behavior of women holding sex as a form of power existed WAY before feminism.

Feminism freed women sexually.

I'm not the enemy. I have no pony in the race of your relations with men as a heterosexual.

The topic is do women have a duty to reproduce?

I say they don't.

darin
05-27-2012, 12:01 PM

^^ Spot on.

The Solution is, to LOVE the person you're with. (shrug). Love and dedication trump 'hurt feelings'.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Come on...you men are too stupid to think for yourself and know when you are being played.

Women must also use sex to reward you like dogs for doing good things. :laugh:

Do you do that? What women do you think are doing that? I don't think a woman's politics has anything to do with that pattern.

It sounds like you hate heterosexual women if you think they all do this to their men.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:06 PM
^^ Spot on.

The Solution is, to LOVE the person you're with. (shrug). Love and dedication trump 'hurt feelings'.

Does a married heterosexual woman have the right to say no to sex?

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Hold on there, sister. Some women control men through sexual power. That would be heterosexual women doing that to their men. You have some very narrow minded ideas about feminism. What you're descibing as a behavior of women holding sex as a form of power existed WAY before feminism.

Feminism freed women sexually.

I'm not the enemy. I have no pony in the race of your relations with men as a heterosexual.

The topic is do women have a duty to reproduce?

I say they don't.

No the topic is men who cheat are more likely to die of a heart attack. :rolleyes:

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:09 PM
No the topic is men who cheat are more likely to die of a heart attack. :rolleyes:

Oops, my mistake.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Are you saying that a man is justified in cheating on his wife if she says no to sex? What happened to marriage vows?

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Do you do that? What women do you think are doing that? I don't think a woman's politics has anything to do with that pattern.

It sounds like you hate heterosexual women if you think they all do this to their men.

I'm talking about feminists...of which you claim to be one. Guess you'd better study up on your own agenda. Here I will help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm talking about feminists...of which you claim to be one. Guess you'd better study up on your own agenda. Here I will help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

I should study up on the agenda that YOU push on me?

I'm not heterosexual. I'm coming at this topic strictly on the level of what is and isn't healthy in a marriage. Cheating on your spouse isn't healthy and it has NOTHING to do with feminism.

Feminism has to do with equal rights and expanding the role of a woman to include work outside of raising a family. It challenges gender roles which has supported men more in their parenting, and freed women to choose whether to stay at home or work or do both.

If you want to debate feminism, I'd be happy to post on your thread.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:15 PM
^^ Spot on.

Right...if your goal is to be an equal partner...You don't keep things from your spouse out of spite. Be it love,affection/sex etc...

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Equal partner means equal choices. Mutually consensual sex. Not "I own your body" so I get to fuck you whenever I choose.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:19 PM
I should study up on the agenda that YOU push on me?

I'm not heterosexual. I'm coming at this topic strictly on the level of what is and isn't healthy in a marriage. Cheating on your spouse isn't healthy and it has NOTHING to do with feminism.

Not pushing anything on you...you clearly have an agenda that includes tearing down heterosexual relationships. Which is a form of extreme feminist activism. Can't help it if you don't like that label...seeing as you like putting us all in boxes I thought you would appreciate it. :thumb:

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Not pushing anything on you...you clearly have an agenda that includes tearing down heterosexual relationships. Which is a form of extreme feminist activism. Can't help it if you don't like that label...seeing as you like putting us all in boxes I thought you would appreciate it. :thumb:

Try staying on topic. This topic is about how it's unhealthy for men to cheat on their wives. Feminism has nothing to do with this topic, except in your mind, because you hate feminists, and I identify as a proud feminist.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Does a married heterosexual woman have the right to say no to sex?

Do queers who get married have a right to say no to sex?

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Do queers who get married have a right to say no to sex?

Yes.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes.

Why would you word your original question to solely heterosexuals? Why not just ask if a married person has a right to say no to sex?

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Try staying on topic. This topic is about how it's unhealthy for men to cheat on their wives. Feminism has nothing to do with this topic, except in your mind, because you hate feminists, and I identify as a proud feminist.

You try staying on topic. And keep your marital rape trash out of it. I know it offends you when men and women talk about nurturing a heterosexual relationship with mutual respect...which doesn't involve the woman dictating all of the terms....sexual or otherwise. But I guess you will just have to learn to deal.:rolleyes:

Wind Song
Why would you word your original question to solely heterosexuals? Why not just ask if a married person has a right to say no to sex?

Well, the thread is about heterosexual marriage. And this isn't my thread. Ask the OP why homosexuals and lesbians were excluded from their post.

darin
Right...if your goal is to be an equal partner...You don't keep things from your spouse out of spite. Be it love,affection/sex etc...

You said it well; but what you said relies upon a concept of truth Wind Song is too-damaged to comprehend.

She thinks of sex as a 'physical' act, first and foremost.

Her type is written about, ya know...

For (people) will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 (http://bible.cc/2_timothy/3-3.htm)unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 (http://bible.cc/2_timothy/3-4.htm)treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 (http://bible.cc/2_timothy/3-5.htm)holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power;

Emphasis mine, where the words fit what we've seen from WS.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Well, the thread is about heterosexual marriage. And this isn't my thread. Ask the OP why homosexuals and lesbians were excluded from their post.

Are lesbians not homosexuals?

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:29 PM
You try staying on topic. And keep you marital rape trash out of it. I know it offends you when men and women talk about nurturing a heterosexual relationship with mutual respect...which doesn't involve the woman dictating all of the terms....sexual or otherwise. But guess you will just have to learn to deal.:rolleyes:

It doesn't offend me in the slightest that heterosexuals have nurturing relationships. I'm happy when anyone is happy in love.

The thread topic is about those who cheat. I don't consider cheating to be a nourishing marital practice. I don't consider people who cheat on their spouses to be in a mutually respectful relationship.

You're very hostile toward me. Why is that?

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Are lesbians not homosexuals?

Show me where in the OP that homosexuals or lesbians were mentioned. I missed it.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:32 PM

That's fucking hilarious! Here we come with the "hostile" and probably the accusations of "violence" next.

People respond to you in the way you respond to them. It's laughable that you can see it when it's done to you but are fucking clueless when you talk down to others in a certain manner.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Show me where in the OP that homosexuals or lesbians were mentioned. I missed it.

That's now what I said, idiot. YOU said "homosexuals AND lesbians". That's the same thing, so I was unsure why you didn't just say "homosexuals".

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:40 PM
It doesn't offend me in the slightest that heterosexuals have nurturing relationships. I'm happy when anyone is happy in love.

The thread topic is about those who cheat. I don't consider cheating to be a nourishing marital practice. I don't consider people who cheat on their spouses to be in a mutually respectful relationship.

So...obviously that MUST mean that the man forces himself on his wife....if she doesn't put out on demand. Couldn't possibly be that the woman witholds love and affection and sex to punish him. :rolleyes:

I'm not hostile toward you...you are just very predictible (and very much a broken record).

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:43 PM
So...obviously that MUST mean that the man forces himself on his wife....if she doesn't put out on demand. Couldn't possibly be that the woman witholds love and affection and sex to punish him. :rolleyes:

I'm not hostile toward you...you are just very predictible (and very much a broken record).

We're not discussing the woman witholding sex from her husband, we are discussing the research that husbands who cheat on their wives die sooner.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:46 PM
We're not discussing the woman witholding sex from her husband, we are discussing the research that husbands who cheat on their wives die sooner.

No...we were discussing the reasons men cheat in the first place (a question I asked the men...remember). Try to keep up.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:48 PM
No...we were discussing the reasons men cheat in the first place (a question I asked the men...remember). Try to keep up.

Try to be slightly less condescending. The OP is NOT about justifying cheating, it's about how unhealthy it is for men.

Apparently, you and your friends here think a man is justified in cheating if a woman says no to sex. That implies the man thinks he owns the woman's vagina.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Try to be slightly less condescending. The OP is NOT about justifying cheating, it's about how unhealthy it is for men.

Try not to be so narrow minded. Understanding what men need from a relationship can help to resolve the cheating issue. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Has anyone else noticed that whenever a difficult question is proposed, or facts that are inconvenient, Wing Ding reverts back to the "It's off topic" line? But she's off to never never land in any other thread whenever SHE feels like it!

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/10318318/Cuckoo_Clock.jpg

blarset
05-27-2012, 12:54 PM
I stayed as long as I could. I raised two children and started a business. The way I coped with the rejection from her was to seek sex and intimacy outside the marriage. The most important issue for me in my value system was to take care of my family. I did that. Now that I have met my obligations I am going to live my life and try to find happiness. This OP is about me in every way. And yes it is stressful for some of us, its literally killing us( health wise) to be trapped in a loveless existence and be honor bound to do the right thing for our children, it can lead to an actual heart break.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Try not to be so narrow minded. Understanding what men need from a relationship can help to resolve the cheating issue. :rolleyes:

How am I being narrow minded? Do you think only men's needs in a heterosexual relationship count?

Some men cheat first, and then the woman turns off them sexually out of anger.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Has anyone else noticed that whenever a difficult question is proposed, or facts that are inconvenient, Wing Ding reverts back to the "It's off topic" line? But she's off to never never land in any other thread whenever SHE feels like it!

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/10318318/Cuckoo_Clock.jpg

Yes...I think I have had her cry "off topic" at least four times today....while ignoring things she doesn't want to discuss. :laugh:

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Men who cheat on their wives are more likely to have a heart attack. That's the topic.

No mention of homosexual or lesbian marriage. No mention of Buddhism. No mention of feminism.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:58 PM
How am I being narrow minded? Do you think only men's needs in a heterosexual relationship count?

Do only women's needs in a homosexual relationship count? Oh, wait...

Do only one partner's needs count in a queer relationship?

Or are you continually trying to put "heterosexual" in there as if queers don't have issues? Then again, I suppose just becoming a queer is an issue that trumps all normal people's issues combined!

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Men who cheat on their wives are more likely to have a heart attack. That's the topic.

No mention of homosexual or lesbian marriage. No mention of Buddhism. No mention of feminism.

Oh well, overcome and adapt!

Shadow
05-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Do you think only the womans needs need to be met? How do you know the men don't "cheat" out of anger of having love and affection being withheld?

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:00 PM

Or are you continually trying to put "heterosexual" in there as if queers don't have issues? Then again, I suppose just becoming a queer is an issue that trumps all normal people's issues combined!

I didn't start this thread. The OP is clearly about heterosexual marriages. I have no problem with that. You are the one who brought up queers in this thread. I didn't.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Do you think only the womans needs need to be met? How do you know the men don't "cheat" out of anger of having love and affection being with held?

No, I didn't say that only the woman's need count in a heterosexual marriage. The OP is about the fact that men who cheat die of heart attacks sooner. The motive for cheating is irrelevant to the research.

jimnyc
I didn't start this thread. The OP is clearly about heterosexual marriages. I have no problem with that. You are the one who brought up queers in this thread. I didn't.

Sure, I admit I brought it up - since you continually toss out "heterosexual" as if it's a bad word. You can either acknowledge, or continue to dance and avoid, but either way I get the facts in.

Shadow

No...see...life in a homosexual relationship is all butterflies and rainbows. No domestic violence...no with holding of sex and affection..and definately no cheating....nada.

Kathianne
05-27-2012, 01:03 PM
No, I didn't say that only the woman's need count in a heterosexual marriage. The OP is about the fact that men who cheat die of heart attacks sooner. The motive for cheating is irrelevant to the research.

Yet, didn't you refer to the heart attacks as karma?

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:03 PM

Can you quote from the article where it states it is solely referring to "heterosexuals"?

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:06 PM
No...see...life in a homosexual relationship is all butterflies and rainbows. No domestic violence...no with holding of sex and affection..and definately no cheating....nada.

Life in a homosexual or lesbian relationship isn't the topic. The topic is that men who cheat on their wives get heart attacks.

Cheating is a universal relationship phenomena and gays and lesbians deal with it too. We weren't studied in the OP.

Domestic violence also occurs in gay and lesbian relationships.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 01:06 PM
I stayed as long as I could. I raised two children and started a business. The way I coped with the rejection from her was to seek sex and intimacy outside the marriage. The most important issue for me in my value system was to take care of my family. I did that. Now that I have met my obligations I am going to live my life and try to find happiness. This OP is about me in every way. And yes it is stressful for some of us, its literally killing us( health wise) to be trapped in a loveless existence and be honor bound to do the right thing for our children.

I think it is commendable that you were honor bound to do right by your kids and see that aspect through...even though the marriage didn't last. My husband wrote off his kids finacially,physically...pretty much all the way actually... the day we parted.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:07 PM

All those things are worse in homosexual worlds, 'cept you can add in 'denial', followed by some sort of disease.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Yet, didn't you refer to the heart attacks as karma?

Yes, I did. But what karma means to you and karma means to me are different. To you, karma is punishment. To me, karma is cause and effect. The stress of cheating on your spouse is hard on the heart. That's karma, cause and effect. It isn't a moralistic judgment or punishment--that's a Judeo Christian view, not a Buddhist view.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 01:08 PM

It's not irrelevant to the discussion, however, since I brought it up.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, I did. But what karma means to you and karma means to me are different. To you, karma is punishment. To me, karma is cause and effect. The stress of cheating on your spouse is hard on the heart. That's karma, cause and effect. It isn't a moralistic judgment or punishment--that's a Judeo Christian view, not a Buddhist view.

Karma is homosexuals thinking they are monkeys, or animals, and having sexual urges as such, and being deviant, and then getting horrible diseases as a result.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Life in a homosexual or lesbian relationship isn't the topic. The topic is that men who cheat on their wives get heart attacks.

Cheating is a universal relationship phenomena and gays and lesbians deal with it too. We weren't studied in the OP.

Then why did you bring your relationship with your "wife" into the discussion right out of the gate? Stop backpeddling now....it's annoying. Either own your part in the discussion or STFU and move on.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Then why did you bring you relationship with your "wife" into the discussion right out of the gate? Stop backpeddling now....it's annoying. Either own your part in the discussion or STFU and move on.

God forbid I should include any reference to my own life in a thread. It's ALWAYS 100% negative when I do. I will not refer to my own relationship in this thread.

My wife is off limits as a topic.

blarset
05-27-2012, 01:13 PM
I think it is commendable that you were honor bound to do right by your kids and see that aspect through...even though the marriage didn't last. My husband wrote off his kids finacially,physically...pretty much all the way actually... the day we parted.

Thank you.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Karma is homosexuals thinking they are monkeys, or animals, and having sexual urges as such, and being deviant, and then getting horrible diseases as a result.

You've out done yourself on this one. Your prejudice is showing.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:15 PM
My wife is off limits as a topic.

That's how I feel about my family, which is why I won't bring them up unless I want it discussed.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:15 PM
It's not irrelevant to the discussion, however, since I brought it up.

If you want to discuss the reasons why people cheat go for it. I'd rather stick to the OP.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:16 PM
That's how I feel about my family, which is why I won't bring them up unless I want it discussed.

Don't we have a no attack family rule?

Shadow
05-27-2012, 01:16 PM

As opposed to yours of course... miss "I see some form of rape around every corner". :rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:17 PM

The karma thing might make me a meanie, but the facts are the facts. One way to avoid disease and such is to avoid a deviant sexual lifestyle - and certainly not to arrange ones life around a deviant sexual lifestyle.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Don't we have a no attack family rule?

Where has this occurred?

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:18 PM
As opposed to your of course... miss "I see some form of rape around every corner". :rolleyes:

You brought up the reason men cheat as women witholding sex. Isn't sex supposed to be consensual in marriage? So if the man is cheating then he is being manipulative in the relationship.

It's as if he's saying he has a right to the woman's body whether she wants to say no or not.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Where has this occurred?

It's happened to me when I've talked about my father. If I happen to mention my wife, or my father that doesn't mean that someone gets to attack my family.

Every time one of you attacks gay families you are attacking me.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:21 PM
It's happened to me when I've talked about my father. If I happen to mention my wife, or my father that doesn't mean that someone gets to attack my family.

Attacks on family are not allowed, but I have not seen that happen.

Dilloduck
05-27-2012, 01:22 PM
I wonder if women who cheat also die sooner.

jimnyc

Ummm, no. If that's the case, then you attack all of our families, non-stop, with all of your "het" and "heterosexual" crap.

Wind Song
The karma thing might make me a meanie, but the facts are the facts. One way to avoid disease and such is to avoid a deviant sexual lifestyle - and certainly not to arrange ones life around a deviant sexual lifestyle.

No, monogamy is the way to avoid disease.

You attack my family as deviant. There are no STDs or AIDS in my family.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:23 PM
No, monogamy is the way to avoid disease.

You attack my family as deviant.

Stop with the family crap. Someone is NOT attacking your family when they make statements about queers that you disagree with.

Kathianne
05-27-2012, 01:24 PM

Link up where it occurred. Action likely will be taken.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Stop with the family crap. Someone is NOT attacking your family when they make statements about queers that you disagree with.

You personalze every single statement you make about queers to me.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 01:25 PM
You brought up the reason men cheat as women witholding sex. Isn't sex supposed to be consensual in marriage? So if the man is cheating then he is being manipulative in the relationship.

It's as if he's saying he has a right to the woman's body whether she wants to say no or not.

I love how you conveiniently missed that LONG post of DMP's talking about all the ways BOTH partners cheat on each other in a relationship (a lot of which involved other area's then the bedroom activities). What I brought up was questions to you...who instead of looking at the relationship as a whole...focused in on the man "demanding sex" and "marital rape".

It is not my fault you have tunnel vision.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:26 PM
You personalze every single statement you make about queers to me.

The attacks on family rule is so that members don't make specific attacks about family members that aren't here. General statements are NOT attacks on your family. Let it go now.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Link up where it occurred. Action likely will be taken.

Action will never be taken here. It was CH who made a crack about my father, but I don't know what thread it was on. I have ZERO confidence in mods taking care of my rights on this forum.

My father was gay, and I'm in a long term lesbian marriage. You all know that and you all insist on using that on me as a weapon.

You all continually attack me for being a lesbian.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I love how you conveiniently missed that LONG post of DMP's talking about all the ways BOTH partners cheat on each other in a relationship (a lot of which involved other area's then the bedroom activities). What I brought up was questions to you...who instead of looking at the relationship as a whole...focused in on the man "demanding sex" and "marital rape".

As I alluded to earlier, if it's difficult for her to respond to, or contains facts against her agenda, she ignores.

Kathianne
05-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Action will never be taken here. It was CH who made a crack about my father, but I don't know what thread it was on. I have ZERO confidence in mods taking care of my rights on this forum.

:rolleyes: victim once again. Bug off.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:28 PM

My father was gay, and I'm in a long term lesbian marriage. You all know that and you all insist on using that on me as a weapon.

No one has made direct attacks about your family. Drop it, now. And you don't have "rights" on this forum, no one does - you have the right to follow the rules, as does everyone else. STOP playing the victim shit AGAIN.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:29 PM
:rolleyes: victim once again. Bug off.

Posted at the same time, at least I know I'm not imagining things!

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:29 PM

I don't have tunnel vision. I just don't read every single post on every single thread. Some people I ignore. When someone gets ugly with me, I skip over their post.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;551128. Drop it, now. .[/QUOTE]

OK.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't have tunnel vision. I just don't read every single post on every single thread. Some people I ignore.

How conveinient. :rolleyes:

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:33 PM
How conveinient. :rolleyes:

It works for me. I don't put up with abuse. I take care of myself.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:35 PM
It works for me. I don't put up with abuse.

Too funny, you can't debate a point, so you ignore it and label it as "abuse". His reply was no where near abusive.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Too funny, you can't debate a point, so you ignore it and label it as "abuse". His reply was no where near abusive.

I have the right to ignore people who are abusive to me. I've been ignoring most of dmp's posts. As you know, since he's admin, I don't get to completely ignore his posts.

The same is true for you. I will ignore all your name calling and veiled references to my marriage and my family.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I have a right to ignore people who are abusive to me.

And yet you still reply to these people, but ignore difficult replies. I would believe you if you 'literally' and outright ignore people, but you don't. You'll reply to Darin left and right, then ignore him when you can't figure a response, and make it easier on yourself and claim it's abuse. You're not fooling anyone, you're very transparent.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 01:40 PM
I have the right to ignore people who are abusive to me. I've been ignoring most of dmp's posts. As you know, since he's admin, I don't get to completely ignore his posts.

The same is true for you. I will ignore all your name calling and veiled references to my marriage and my family.

STOP lying and making wild accusations that people are talking about your family. It's NOT happening and I don't like being labeled as someone who attacks others family or family members.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
STOP lying and making wild accusations that people are talking about your family. It's NOT happening and I don't like being labeled as someone who attacks others family or family members.

You continually make cracks about my marital status, that's attacking my relationship. You continually say that homosexuality is deviant. You are claiming my family, which included a gay father is deviant. That's an attack on my family.

STFU about my wife and my father.

You have zero respect for gay families, mine included.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 01:55 PM
It works for me. I don't put up with abuse. I take care of myself.

Bullshit...you addressed him regarding marital rape (something he never brought up)...you didn't "skip" anything. Apparently you are allowed to be abusive...but others are not though.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 02:57 PM

She also like to go back and edit her posts...adding more comments after you have responded to them it seems. :laugh:

ConHog
05-27-2012, 02:58 PM
She also like to go back and edit her posts...adding more comments after you have responded to them it seems. :laugh:

Have noticed. Perhaps there should be a time limit for edits.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 03:03 PM

Have noticed. Perhaps there should be a time limit for edits.

There is a time limit of 20 minutes. WS makes her posts and generally goes into edit mode right afterwards. I've now turned on the "last edited by..." message going forth and at least members will see when a post has been edited.

ConHog
05-27-2012, 03:06 PM
There is a time limit of 20 minutes. WS makes her posts and generally goes into edit mode right afterwards. I've now turned on the "last edited by..." message going forth and at least members will see when a post has been edited.

I never noticed because I don't do edits, I mean if I see a typo right away yes, but I don't do sneaky shit like go back and edit what someone else has already responded to.

darin
05-27-2012, 07:43 PM

As testament to the destructive lifestyle choice - it happens at much higher rates than normal/healthy folk.

The Journal of the Family Research Institute using data from the U.S. Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics and the Center for Disease Control concluded that "married men who are not separated are at least 25 times less apt to be domestically attacked than a homosexual male in an 'on-going relationship.' Even if we include all married and separated husbands, the risk of domestic violence in a male-male homosexual relationship is still at least 18 times greater.