PDA

View Full Version : I was there when...

Anton Chigurh
05-25-2012, 11:49 PM
...Talking about Buying American-made Products was sneered at by lefties. It was called "nationalistic' and 'protectionist' and all that. You were a racist and a xenophobe for merely suggesting it.

Now that Obama needs economic help to get re-elected? The left led by ABC has been pushing a "Buy American Made" agenda as hard as possible for the last year.

Glad to see they came to their senses, but their motive is quite suspect. And where's the apologies for the 20 years or so of derision for those of us who have been shouting, BUY AMERICAN."

... Billy Clinton wanted Bin Laden for trial... and terrorist acts on our soil were domestic crimes to be prosecuted in court... Eric Holder tried to try foreign national terrorists in US Federal court in New York instead of military trials, but a American Citizen was executed by Obama without Miranda, a indictment, a lawyer, a trial, or any due process.

... Reagan was in office and we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now with Obama we have no cash, no hope and no jobs!

... there were no computers, I-Pod, I-Phones, Wii, cell phones, Smart phones, microwaves...when 'electronic' devices consisted of the blender and can opener in the kitchen. The only TV in the house was the one in the livingroom everyone watched. I was there when kids still had chores, got no allowance, and still got a whoopin' for not doing them, when it was safe to walk to school, and we still held our hands over hearts every morning and said the pledge of allegiance. I was there when playing 'Red Rover', 'Tag', 'Hide-and Seek' and 'Mother May I' outside after dark on hot summer nights with the other kids in the neighborhood was the greatest thrill! I was there when none of our cars had seatbelts and we didn't wear helmets to ride our bikes.

I was there when it was the greatest time of all to be a kid and I wouldn't trade any of my "I Was There" memories for any the kids have today.

... The words "Barry Soetoro," "Barack" and "Obama" were NOT in the spellcheck database of web browsers!

... when scrounging for bottles was a fun way to kill an afternoon, rewarded with a soda and a moonpie when you cashed your haul in at the grocery store.

... the first automated, half ton pickup truck delivered a load to the International Space Station.

Wait, that was today!

SassyLady
05-26-2012, 02:20 AM
...Talking about Buying American-made Products was sneered at by lefties. It was called "nationalistic' and 'protectionist' and all that. You were a racist and a xenophobe for merely suggesting it.

Now that Obama needs economic help to get re-elected? The left led by ABC has been pushing a "Buy American Made" agenda as hard as possible for the last year.

Glad to see they came to their senses, but their motive is quite suspect. And where's the apologies for the 20 years or so of derision for those of us who have been shouting, BUY AMERICAN."

... Billy Clinton wanted Bin Laden for trial... and terrorist acts on our soil were domestic crimes to be prosecuted in court... Eric Holder tried to try foreign national terrorists in US Federal court in New York instead of military trials, but a American Citizen was executed by Obama without Miranda, a indictment, a lawyer, a trial, or any due process.

... Reagan was in office and we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now with Obama we have no cash, no hope and no jobs!

... there were no computers, I-Pod, I-Phones, Wii, cell phones, Smart phones, microwaves...when 'electronic' devices consisted of the blender and can opener in the kitchen. The only TV in the house was the one in the livingroom everyone watched. I was there when kids still had chores, got no allowance, and still got a whoopin' for not doing them, when it was safe to walk to school, and we still held our hands over hearts every morning and said the pledge of allegiance. I was there when playing 'Red Rover', 'Tag', 'Hide-and Seek' and 'Mother May I' outside after dark on hot summer nights with the other kids in the neighborhood was the greatest thrill! I was there when none of our cars had seatbelts and we didn't wear helmets to ride our bikes.

I was there when it was the greatest time of all to be a kid and I wouldn't trade any of my "I Was There" memories for any the kids have today.

... The words "Barry Soetoro," "Barack" and "Obama" were NOT in the spellcheck database of web browsers!

... when scrounging for bottles was a fun way to kill an afternoon, rewarded with a soda and a moonpie when you cashed your haul in at the grocery store.

... the first automated, half ton pickup truck delivered a load to the International Space Station.

Wait, that was today!

Remember when there were never adults at the park because it was safe to go to the park by yourself?

Shadow
05-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Remember when there were never adults at the park because it was safe to go to the park by yourself?

And along those lines...Kids walked to and from school alone. And ran the neighborhoods from morning until night...when you finally called them in for dinner.

Wind Song
05-26-2012, 10:10 PM
The freedom we had!

Toro
05-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I was there when Wind Song drove Anton off the board!

Wind Song
05-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I was there when Wind Song drove Anton off the board!

Damn. I had no idea of my power!:dev: