PDA

View Full Version : Lost Anyone to Suicide?

Wind Song
05-26-2012, 10:24 PM
A very large number of people in my Buddhist community became Buddhist after losing a loved one to suicide.

SassyLady
05-26-2012, 10:53 PM
A very large number of people in my Buddhist community became Buddhist after losing a loved one to suicide.

My ex-husband's grandfather. To my knowledge, no one in the family became a Buddhist after he died.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 09:11 AM
I noticed the phenomena that so many of my spiritual community had lost a close loved one to suicide. I think that particular kind of pain causes someone to go deep in contemplating the meaning of life.

I asked the question because I think it's likely that those who lost someone to suicide have made a committment to some spiritual path. I did not mean to imply it would only be a Buddhist path someone would find.

darin
05-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I think you're trying to induce mass-suicide of 'honest intellectual discussion' by your continued spamming of the board. Go get a hobby, honey.

Dilloduck
05-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I noticed the phenomena that so many of my spiritual community had lost a close loved one to suicide. I think that particular kind of pain causes someone to go deep in contemplating the meaning of life.

I asked the question because I think it's likely that those who lost someone to suicide have made a committment to some spiritual path. I did not mean to imply it would only be a Buddhist path someone would find.

You didn't imply it. You flat out said it.

jimnyc
05-27-2012, 10:34 AM
16 of my brain cells just committed suicide after reading this thread.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm trying to find common ground. When someone has a tragedy, they often turn to religion. I was very surprised to discover that so many of my sangha had lost a relative to suicide.

Dilloduck
05-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Maybe it's the reincarnation thingy.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 10:58 AM
First of all, reincarnation is NOT a Buddhist belief. Rebirth is a Buddhist belief. They are different. Reincarnation implies that a soul, or a personality moves from one human body to another.

Buddhists don't believe that consciousness and qualities are soul or personality like. Rebirth can occur in any of six realms.

I do think it's true, that people who become Buddhist have the karma for it. You cannot influence anyone to be a Buddhist and I don't have that agenda.

Dilloduck
05-27-2012, 11:01 AM
maybe it's the rebirth thingy.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I addressed rebirth, dillo.

darin
05-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Want to find common ground? Don't be a d-bag to people, WS. that's WAY better than spamming the board with your insanity, then getting angry when folk point out your fallacies.

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Want to find common ground? Don't be a d-bag to people, WS. that's WAY better than spamming the board with your insanity, then getting angry when folk point out your fallacies.

I think you guys need your own attack WS thread. I'd be happy to stay out of that one.

Kathianne
05-27-2012, 12:52 PM

She's not looking for common ground, she's looking for fights.

ConHog
05-27-2012, 03:42 PM
WS IS a pain in the ass, but IMO some of yall over reacted here.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 03:54 PM
^^ Maybe it gets old having her spam the board all day long every day with topics that only she is interested in. And turning all other conversations into topics about herself also.

You can keep her entertained if you want though.

ConHog
05-27-2012, 04:12 PM
^^ Maybe it gets old having her spam the board all day long every day with topics that only she is interested in. And turning all other conversations into topics about herself also.

You can keep her entertained if you want though.

Who cares if she starts threads that only she is interested in? Don't respond at all and she'll get bored. She LIKES the negative attention yall are giving her. She THRIVES on it.

MtnBiker
05-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Yawn

Shadow
05-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Who cares if she starts threads that only she is interested in? Don't respond at all and she'll get bored. She LIKES the negative attention yall are giving her. She THRIVES on it.

Thank you captain obvious. :rolleyes:

ConHog
05-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Thank you captain obvious. :rolleyes:

Make me a sammich.

Shadow
05-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Make me a sammich.

Naw. I will make myself a sammich...and you can go hit up Wind Song. :thumb:

Wind Song
05-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Naw. I will make myself a sammich...and you can go hit up Wind Song. :thumb:

From now on, I won't be starting any new threads. That will give me lots of extra time to make a sandwich for CH.

SassyLady
05-28-2012, 05:26 AM
From now on, I won't be starting any new threads. That will give me lots of extra time to make a sandwich for CH.

Please don't make commitments you have no intention of honoring.

4horsemenrule
05-28-2012, 05:30 AM
I would suspect a large number of far left liberals will think of suicide after Gov Walker wins the recall in WI next Tues and when Prs Obama loses in November

06-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Nope. Thankfully I haven't.

It's a shame anyone engages in such a selfish act. or that any family members and friends have to suffer through it.

aboutime
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I would suspect a large number of far left liberals will think of suicide after Gov Walker wins the recall in WI next Tues and when Prs Obama loses in November

If Walker manages to win against that recall. What you suggested far left liberals would do reminded me of the late Jimmy Hoffa. Kinda puts a new twist to all of the conspiracy theories about what happened to him, as in...Suicide.
As for Obama in November. He's slowly been working at his own suicide 'politically speaking' since he was sworn-in back in 2008.
But the rest of the far-left has proven. They haven't got the courage to commit a Jonestown. Nor the smarts.

aboutime
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM

The day I joined DP. You challenged my post in the Introduction section, and shortly thereafter. Swore you would be leaving.
Hope it wasn't something I said that made you feel that way. As I told you. I didn't come here to argue, but to enforce my right to use the 1st amendment.
Do you have a problem with someone following the constitution?
Just wondering.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
If Walker manages to win against that recall. What you suggested far left liberals would do reminded me of the late Jimmy Hoffa. Kinda puts a new twist to all of the conspiracy theories about what happened to him, as in...Suicide.
As for Obama in November. He's slowly been working at his own suicide 'politically speaking' since he was sworn-in back in 2008.
But the rest of the far-left has proven. They haven't got the courage to commit a Jonestown. Nor the smarts.

One down one to go! Walker won!-:salute:
Snakes dont commit suicide my friend, they just slither on to another patch of grass.
When obama loses he will be offered some position ,president of the UN perhaps.
Losing so often is a career enhancement with them..--Tyr