PDA

View Full Version : Iran encouraged by our congress having no balls.

darin
05-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Any libs care to speak to the fact in this story? How people can cry and whine and beg for us to Leave Iraq after reading this would, to me, indicate or betray their mental issues.

Iran's secret plan for summer offensive to force US out of Iraq

Iran is secretly forging ties with al-Qaida elements and Sunni Arab militias in Iraq in preparation for a summer showdown with coalition forces intended to tip a wavering US Congress into voting for full military withdrawal, US officials say.

"Iran is fighting a proxy war in Iraq and it's a very dangerous course for them to be following. They are already committing daily acts of war against US and British forces," a senior US official in Baghdad warned. "They [Iran] are behind a lot of high-profile attacks meant to undermine US will and British will, such as the rocket attacks on Basra palace and the Green Zone [in Baghdad]. The attacks are directed by the Revolutionary Guard who are connected right to the top [of the Iranian government]."

Article continues
The official said US commanders were bracing for a nationwide, Iranian-orchestrated summer offensive, linking al-Qaida and Sunni insurgents to Tehran's Shia militia allies, that Iran hoped would trigger a political mutiny in Washington and a US retreat. "We expect that al-Qaida and Iran will both attempt to increase the propaganda and increase the violence prior to Petraeus's report in September [when the US commander General David Petraeus will report to Congress on President George Bush's controversial, six-month security "surge" of 30,000 troop reinforcements]," the official said.

"Certainly it [the violence] is going to pick up from their side. There is significant latent capability in Iraq, especially Iranian-sponsored capability. They can turn it up whenever they want. You can see that from the pre-positioning that's been going on and the huge stockpiles of Iranian weapons that we've turned up in the last couple of months. The relationships between Iran and groups like al-Qaida are very fluid," the official said.

"It often comes down to individuals, and people constantly move around. For instance, the Sunni Arab so-called resistance groups use Salafi jihadist ideology for their own purposes. But the whole Iran- al-Qaida linkup is very sinister."

Iran has maintained close links to Iraq's Shia political parties and militias but has previously eschewed collaboration with al-Qaida and Sunni insurgents.

US officials now say they have firm evidence that Tehran has switched tack as it senses a chance of victory in Iraq. In a parallel development, they say they also have proof that Iran has reversed its previous policy in Afghanistan and is now supporting and supplying the Taliban's campaign against US, British and other Nato forces.

Tehran's strategy to discredit the US surge and foment a decisive congressional revolt against Mr Bush is national in scope and not confined to the Shia south, its traditional sphere of influence, the senior official in Baghdad said. It included stepped-up coordination with Shia militias such as Moqtada al-Sadr's Jaish al-Mahdi as well as Syrian-backed Sunni Arab groups and al-Qaida in Mesopotamia, he added. Iran was also expanding contacts across the board with paramilitary forces and political groups, including Kurdish parties such as the PUK, a US ally.

"Their strategy takes into account all these various parties. Iran is playing all these different factions to maximise its future control and maximise US and British difficulties. Their co-conspirator is Syria which is allowing the takfirists [fundamentalist Salafi jihadis] to come across the border," the official said.

Any US decision to retaliate against Iran on its own territory could be taken only at the highest political level in Washington, the official said. But he indicated that American patience was wearing thin.

Warning that the US was "absolutely determined" to hit back hard wherever it was challenged by Iranian proxies or agents inside Iraq, he cited the case of five alleged members of the Revolutionary Guard's al-Quds force detained in Irbil in January. Despite strenuous protests from Tehran, which claims the men are diplomats, they have still not been released.

"Tehran is behaving like a racecourse gambler. They're betting on all the horses in the race, even on people they fundamentally don't trust," a senior administration official in Washington said. "They don't know what the outcome will be in Iraq. So they're hedging their bets."

The administration official also claimed that notwithstanding recent US and British overtures, Syria was still collaborating closely with Iran's strategy in Iraq.

"80% to 90%" of the foreign jihadis entering Iraq were doing so from Syrian territory, he said.

Despite recent diplomatic contacts, and an agreement to hold bilateral talks at ambassadorial level in Baghdad next week, US officials say there has been no let-up in hostile Iranian activities, including continuing support for violence, weapons smuggling and training.

"Iran is perpetuating the cycle of sectarian violence through support for extra-judicial killing and murder cells. They bring Iraqi militia members and insurgent groups into Iran for training and then help infiltrate them back into the country. We have plenty of evidence from a variety of sources. There's no argument about that. That's just a fact," the senior official in Baghdad said.

In trying to force an American retreat, Iran's hardline leadership also hoped to bring about a humiliating political and diplomatic defeat for the US that would reduce Washington's regional influence while increasing Tehran's own.

But if Iran succeeded in "prematurely" driving US and British forces out of Iraq, the likely result would be a "colossal humanitarian disaster" and possible regional war drawing in the Sunni Arab Gulf states, Syria and Turkey, he said.

Despite such concerns, or because of them, the US welcomed the chance to talk to Iran, the senior administration official said. "Our agenda starts with force protection in Iraq," he said. But there were many other Iraq-related issues to be discussed. Recent pressure had shown that Iran's behaviour could be modified, the official claimed: "Last winter they were literally getting away with murder."

But tougher action by security forces in Iraq against Iranian agents and networks, the dispatch of an additional aircraft carrier group to the Gulf and UN security council resolutions imposing sanctions had given Tehran pause, he said.

Washington analysts and commentators predict that Gen Petraeus's report to the White House and Congress in early September will be a pivotal moment in the history of the four-and-a-half-year war - and a decision to begin a troop drawdown or continue with the surge policy will hinge on the outcome. Most Democrats and many Republicans in Congress believe Iraq is in the grip of a civil war and that there is little that a continuing military presence can achieve. "Political will has already failed. It's over," a former Bush administration official said.

A senior adviser to Gen Petraeus reported this month that the surge had reduced violence, especially sectarian killings, in the Baghdad area and Sunni-dominated Anbar province. But the adviser admitted that much of the trouble had merely moved elsewhere, "resulting in spikes of activity in Diyala [to the north] and some areas to the south of the capital". "Overall violence is at about the same level [as when the surge began in February]."

Read more:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,2085195,00.html

Monkeybone
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
or they know if we do attack, we will give up and then use our money to rebuild them and maybe throw in some nuclear power plants as a 'sorry, my bad'

-Cp
05-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Dang......

Why can't we just pull everyone out and carpet bomb them into a parking lot - After all, doesn't Wal Mart need a few stores over there?

Monkeybone
05-22-2007, 11:56 AM
yah! and no warning! i mean we killed 655,000 innoncent civilians anyways!

-Cp
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
yah! and no warning! i mean we killed 655,000 innoncent civilians anyways!

WTH?

theHawk
05-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Our Congress doesn't have any balls because the American people no longer have them.

Very, very few people in this country would be willing to do what it will take to defeat the long term Islamic threat.

Monkeybone
05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
sarcasm Cp. sorry

-Cp
05-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Our Congress doesn't have any balls because the American people no longer have them.

Very, very few people in this country would be willing to do what it will take to defeat the long term Islamic threat.

Between that and the pollution of our boarders will lead to our demise.... sad but true...

The diesese of liberalism has spread so far, that it has mentally castrated the USA...

Monkeybone
05-22-2007, 02:18 PM
is liberalism a nice way of saying that you lay down and 'tolerate' ppl and their beliefs rather than stand up for what you know is right? like being lazy?

and to do anything about it would we have to have direct link it Iran? i mean like a video or photos of them doing it other than intelignece that will just be accused of being made up?

or will we have to stop and wait until something happens? like either after the withdraw or during it?

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
DMP, the "source" for the articles contents is simply identified as "US officials".

As in the same ones who said Saddam had WMD.

Got any real evidence that any of this is true?

-Cp
05-22-2007, 02:32 PM
DMP, the "source" for the articles contents is simply identified as "US officials".

How do you know they are the same officials who were working on the Iraq-WMD Evidence?

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 02:35 PM
How do you know they are the same officials who were working on the Iraq-WMD Evidence?

I doubt they are the same individuals. But I think they are spokespersons for the exact same pentagon propaganda machinery.

Hence the anonymity, plausible deniability.

darin
05-22-2007, 02:48 PM

I guarantee they are not the 'sources' which tell Liberals GTMO is a 'torture camp'.

;)

Read the article. Discuss it. Weigh the evidence. I report, You decide.

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
I guarantee they are not the 'sources' which tell Liberals GTMO is a 'torture camp'.

;)

Read the article. Discuss it. Weigh the evidence. I report, You decide.

The entire credibility of the article rests soley on who is peddling this info.

This sounds like more of that blame Iran rhetoric that always preceeds the buildup to another pre emptive invasion.

"Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice, well I won't get fooled again" ~the decider

Monkeybone
05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
well, we already caught some of them over there and their weapons in IED debris didn't we? is that enough? i think that ppl will want more and until they give us another 9/11esque disaster or sucicide bomb a mall, we'll just stomp our feet and put UN sanctions on them..that'll show em

Dilloduck
05-22-2007, 03:26 PM
The entire credibility of the article rests soley on who is peddling this info.

This sounds like more of that blame Iran rhetoric that always preceeds the buildup to another pre emptive invasion.

"Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice, well I won't get fooled again" ~the decider

The Hell with rhetoric. Are you aware of what Iran is actually saying and doing?
Or do you discount that like you do bin ladens fatwah ?

Doniston
05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Any libs care to speak to the fact in this story? How people can cry and whine and beg for us to Leave Iraq after reading this would, to me, indicate or betray their mental issues. I would be happy to, and it willbe short and sweet I won't have to take up a whole page.

1. It is nonsense to assume that Iram is taking this stance because we are wimps. I would suggest that they recognize that the People of the US have finally gotten the B@!!s to insist that our President do the right thing. Iran doesn't have to do anything, and it is that very fact that Iraq has taken an anti-anything stand (doing virtually nothing) that has prompted us to become rather disgusted with the Iraqi situation. We have finally determined that Iraq has to get it's ducks in a row, We will leave whether they do or not, because if they don't it is their own fault. they have had ample time.

2. (there is no 2)

darin
05-22-2007, 04:12 PM
I would be happy to, and it willbe short and sweet I won't have to take up a whole page.

1. It is nonsense to assume that Iram is taking this stance because we are wimps. I would suggest that they recognize that the People of the US have finally gotten the B@!!s to insist that our President do the right thing. Iran doesn't have to do anything, and it is that very fact that Iraq has taken an anti-anything stand (doing virtually nothing) that has prompted us to become rather disgusted with the Iraqi situation. We have finally determined that Iraq has to get it's ducks in a row, We will leave whether they do or not, because if they don't it is their own fault. they have had ample time.

2. (there is no 2)

Pharroh? You know..King of 'denial'?

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
well, we already caught some of them over there and their weapons in IED debris didn't we? is that enough? i think that ppl will want more and until they give us another 9/11esque disaster or sucicide bomb a mall, we'll just stomp our feet and put UN sanctions on them..that'll show em

Iran wasn't involved in 9/11. Iranians aren't even Arabs.
Maybe we caught some imported IED's.

The saudis are definitely supporting the Sunni the same way, The saudi King even told Bush so personally, but nobody seems to have a prob with that.

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 05:49 PM
The Hell with rhetoric. Are you aware of what Iran is actually saying and doing?

Well don't confuse Ahjkegthsdmidad with Iran. He is a figurehead pres only.

And yes i have a pretty clear idea what they are doing. Far from perfect but prob plenty.

I didn't discount BL fatwah, Bush did. Both before and after 9/11.

Iran is a potential threat to Israel. Israel is a definite threat to Iran.

Not our problem.

I simply can not be responsible for the fuck up perpetrated by Mr Bush. The ME was plenty stable until we invaded Iraq. Less than perfect but a world better than it is today.

We will never succeed in subduing the whole region, nor should we try.

Let the pakis, indians, Chinese, Russians and Euros handle it and fight over the oil.

We have all the fossil fuels we need here in the Americas.

Dilloduck
05-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Well don't confuse Ahjkegthsdmidad with Iran. He is a figurehead pres only.

And yes i have a pretty clear idea what they are doing. Far from perfect but prob plenty.

I didn't discount BL fatwah, Bush did. Both before and after 9/11.

Iran is a potential threat to Israel. Israel is a definite threat to Iran.

Not our problem.

I simply can not be responsible for the fuck up perpetrated by Mr Bush. The ME was plenty stable until we invaded Iraq. Less than perfect but a world better than it is today.

We will never succeed in subduing the whole region, nor should we try.

Let the pakis, indians, Chinese, Russians and Euros handle it and fight over the oil.

We have all the fossil fuels we need here in the Americas.

Easy to make claims that you can't back up. "What if's" are bogus. How about now? What's going to happen now?

loosecannon
05-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Easy to make claims that you can't back up. "What if's" are bogus. How about now? What's going to happen now?

We have to leave DD. The questions are things like when? Will we prepare for leaving by doing what is right for Iraq or our own political expediency? What specifically will happen in our wake?

We still have a lot of power to prevent things getting worse by leaving sooner and preparing seriously for the security vacuum.

Bush is instead just hiding in denial, unwilling to admit he fucked up. While things very slowly get worse.

Dilloduck
05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
We have to leave DD. The questions are things like when? Will we prepare for leaving by doing what is right for Iraq or our own political expediency? What specifically will happen in our wake?

We still have a lot of power to prevent things getting worse by leaving sooner and preparing seriously for the security vacuum.

Bush is instead just hiding in denial, unwilling to admit he fucked up. While things very slowly get worse.

Maybe he'll just say he was lied to like all the dems did. Worked good for them. Since when did the democrats start caring what happens over there if we leave?

nevadamedic
05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Any libs care to speak to the fact in this story? How people can cry and whine and beg for us to Leave Iraq after reading this would, to me, indicate or betray their mental issues.

:clap:

Monkeybone
05-23-2007, 06:51 AM

The saudis are definitely supporting the Sunni the same way, The saudi King even told Bush so personally, but nobody seems to have a prob with that.

i didn't say that they did it. i meant that they would do an attack that could parrallel it. and that is what it would take for ppl to open up. or after they glass a country next to them.

if no one is doing anything about the Saudi's (which i haven't heard, i will look though) then maybe they are all talk? or when we find something that can actually link them other than words something will take place. but then ppl would just whine about that too.

lily
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh look it's our once a month Iran is gonna get us thread.....maybe we need a pill for this so it only happens once a year?

Sorry folks, but Bush has screwed up our credibility so bad that no one is going to believe anything "sources" have to say. It's going to take a new president be it Republican or Democrat a full term to straighten out both our credibility and this mess in the Middle East.

You people can live on the fear you've been fed daily. I prefer a diet of substance.

Dilloduck
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh look it's our once a month Iran is gonna get us thread.....maybe we need a pill for this so it only happens once a year?

Sorry folks, but Bush has screwed up our credibility so bad that no one is going to believe anything "sources" have to say. It's going to take a new president be it Republican or Democrat a full term to straighten out both our credibility and this mess in the Middle East.

You people can live on the fear you've been fed daily. I prefer a diet of substance.

So you suggest we do nothing for a year and a half? That'll be really productive.

Hobbit
05-23-2007, 12:27 PM
There's more testosterone at Lillith Fair than in Congress. Hell, there's more testosterone in my left nut than in all of Congress and Lillith Fair combined.

gabosaurus
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
There's more testosterone at Lillith Fair than in Congress. Hell, there's more testosterone in my left nut than in all of Congress and Lillith Fair combined.

For this to be true, it would have to be assumed that you actually have nads. :lol:

gabosaurus
05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I can't see the Iranian foreign ministers sitting around reading the alleged liberal American media everyday. I doubt they care in the least.
It's called "propaganda." Both sides use it.

Dilloduck
05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I can't see the Iranian foreign ministers sitting around reading the alleged liberal American media everyday. I doubt they care in the least.

Well, which is it? Does Iran use it or not? This might be the quickest contradiction of yourself on record.

Gaffer
05-23-2007, 05:46 PM

iran supports hamas, hexbollah, al queda, sunni and shea militia, a hundred other unnamed groups with the same goals. They have 50,000 qods force agents throughout the world. They are developing nukes to use on their neighbors and us if they can. They are supplying arms, money and men to undermine iraq. And all you can say is we need to take a pill and it will all go away? Tell that to the iranian women being beat up because their face was not fully covered or whose cloths were to form fitting. And the ones scheduled for execution for refusing to dress to the government code.

Along with nukes the iranians are also working on getting ICBM's. That is for one purpose only. To launch nukes at the US. Bush needs to do a lot more about iran.

Doniston
05-23-2007, 10:31 PM
iran supports hamas, hexbollah, al queda, sunni and shea militia, a hundred other unnamed groups with the same goals. They have 50,000 qods force agents throughout the world. They are developing nukes to use on their neighbors and us if they can. They are supplying arms, money and men to undermine iraq. And all you can say is we need to take a pill and it will all go away? Tell that to the iranian women being beat up because their face was not fully covered or whose cloths were to form fitting. And the ones scheduled for execution for refusing to dress to the government code.

Along with nukes the iranians are also working on getting ICBM's. That is for one purpose only. To launch nukes at the US. Bush needs to do a lot more about iran.
You certainly have found a grand scenerio to follow----- Something from Disney maybe???? or grimes Fairy tales???

lily
05-23-2007, 11:21 PM
So you suggest we do nothing for a year and a half? That'll be really productive.

Dill......in all seriousness.........YES. It will be better than what a mess we have now.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/05/23/ap3751000.html

Navy Stages Show of Force Off Iran Coast
By BARBARA SURK 05.23.07, 11:16 AM ET

The U.S. Navy staged its latest show of military force off the Iranian
coastline on Wednesday, sending two aircraft carriers and landing ships
packed with 17,000 U.S. Marines and sailors to carry out unannounced
exercises in the Persian Gulf.

The carrier strike groups led by the USS John C. Stennis and USS Nimitz were
joined by the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard and its own
strike group, which includes landing ships carrying members of the 13th
Marine Expeditionary Unit (nyse: UNT - news - people ).

The Navy said nine U.S. warships passed through the narrow Strait of Hormuz
on Wednesday. Merchant ships passing through the busy strait carry
two-fifths of the world's oil exports.

Aircraft aboard the two carriers and the Bonhomme Richard were to conduct
air training while the ships ran submarine, mine and other exercises.

The maneuvers came just two months after a previous exercise in March when
two U.S. carrier groups carried out two days of air and sea maneuvers off
the Iranian coast.

Before the arrival of the Bonhomme Richard strike group, the Navy maintained
around 20,000 U.S personnel at sea in the Gulf and neighboring waters.

U.S. warships have frequently collided with merchant ships in the busy
shipping lanes of the Gulf.

.......and people wonder why we get threats from Iran? Slipping 9 war ships in the middle of the night.

lily
05-23-2007, 11:22 PM

Gaffer, I and the rest of the world have heard this one already.

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Since when did the democrats start caring what happens over there if we leave?

Since BEFORE the invasion Bushbot!

Gaffer
05-24-2007, 11:12 AM
You certainly have found a grand scenerio to follow----- Something from Disney maybe???? or grimes Fairy tales???

A little research and you can draw the same conclusion. Check out Inthebullpen.com iranwatch. The scenario as you call it is much larger than the brief description I gave. But then I don't expect a liberal to grasp anything beyong his own limited vision.

Gaffer
05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Dill......in all seriousness.........YES. It will be better than what a mess we have now.

.......and people wonder why we get threats from Iran? Slipping 9 war ships in the middle of the night.

There are three carrier groups and two assault groups, each having 9 to 12 ships per group.

iran has been making threats since 1979. They intend to carry out those threats as soon as they think they can get away with it.

Gaffer
05-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Gaffer, I and the rest of the world have heard this one already.

So you and the rest of the world need to pay attention.

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:10 PM

Have you served in our military, tuff guy?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Between that and the pollution of our boarders will lead to our demise.... sad but true...

The diesese of liberalism has spread so far, that it has mentally castrated the USA...

boarders? How much rent do they pay? Why don't we raise it to offset the cost of their pollution cleanup.

pssst... you guys have been in power for over 6 years... the congress for over 13... if any party has cause america to lose it's standing in the world, it's the republican party that is to blame. But you can blame the democrats if you want, it isn't true and it won't do any good, but you can do it anyway...

or you can try to figure out how to reunite the country.

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM

good point... but are you sure it is the same officials... afterall, they obviously didn't use their names back then for a reason... they probably knew it was false and didn't want to be associated with it when the truth finally came out.

what is it with republican leaders and their inability to tell the truth? and why do their followers not care?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM

considering the turnover rate at these agencies, it is highly doubtful that it is the same people leaking the information.

IF this were a democratic administration, would you question these anonymous sources or believe them?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:22 PM

How? Are you in the pentagon? Are you one of the sources for this article?

glockmail
05-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Maybe after Iran saw how their Democrat wossie buddies backed down on the war funding issue they'll think twice about screwing around with us. Thank you President Bush. :salute:

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:25 PM
well, we already caught some of them over there and their weapons in IED debris didn't we? is that enough?

i think that ppl will want more and until they give us another 9/11esque disaster or sucicide bomb a mall, we'll just stomp our feet and put UN sanctions on them..that'll show em

not for me... but you can use it as justification for your enlistment into the military though...

Iran wasn't connected to 9/11... neither was Iraq... the majority of the hijackers were saudi, remember? Afghanistan was where they trained... remember? why do you want to attack another country that had nothing to do with 9/11?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:27 PM

psst, duck... Iranians are Shia, Osama Been Forgotten is Sunni...

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Doniston
I would be happy to, and it willbe short and sweet I won't have to take up a whole page.

2. (there is no 2)

Pharroh? You know..King of 'denial'?

Is this your idea of discussing the topic? By ridiculing the responders when they don't toe your imaginary line in the sand?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:30 PM

nor do they seem to have any problem with the FACT that most of the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia...

I wonder why that is...

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Now? More americans will be dying in Iraq and Afghanistan... Why are you so eager to have americans die in Iran, too?

How many more will have to die before you say that's enough?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Maybe he'll just say he was lied to like all the dems did. Worked good for them. Since when did the democrats start caring what happens over there if we leave?

Laffs... the democrats and independents want the troops home with their families... y'all want them in Iraq... and now apparently, Iran...

I want them safe, y'all want them in harm's way... who supports the troops?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
i didn't say that they did it. i meant that they would do an attack that could parrallel it. and that is what it would take for ppl to open up. or after they glass a country next to them.

if no one is doing anything about the Saudi's (which i haven't heard, i will look though) then maybe they are all talk? or when we find something that can actually link them other than words something will take place. but then ppl would just whine about that too.

ah, the retraction... why would they do an attack that could parallel it? Have you thought that part out? which ppl to open up? open up how? glass a country? wtf does that mean?

you seem to care alot about people voicing their displeasure with the current administration's policies... would you rather that no dissent was allowed?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:42 PM

what do you suggest? invade another country? will you be taking part in it this time or will you just be on the sidelines waving your flag as the troops go marching off like the last two times?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:43 PM

then why are you wasting it typing?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:44 PM
For this to be true, it would have to be assumed that you actually have nads. :lol:

good point and I'll admit that it wasn't one that I considered when replying to hobbit... laffs...

:dance:

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Liberal american media? which sources are those?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, which is it? Does Iran use it or not? This might be the quickest contradiction of yourself on record.

Only the Iranians would know that to be a fact, if it is... so what do you think? is it?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM

:link: Link? :link: Got any or are you just letting off steam? :link: :link:

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
There are three carrier groups and two assault groups, each having 9 to 12 ships per group.

iran has been making threats since 1979. They intend to carry out those threats as soon as they think they can get away with it.

Link? :link:

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM

How much does it cost? Cuz I don't know if I can afford much attention considering how much our gas and food prices have risen lately.

:poke:

glockmail
05-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Am I the only one that finds it extremely annoying when a single poster tries to dominate a thread by replying to every single post with mindless dribble?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Maybe after Iran saw how their Democrat wossie buddies backed down on the war funding issue they'll think twice about screwing around with us. Thank you President Bush. :salute:

yeah, glock, the democrats want the troops home safe and you and bush want them in harm's way... how many american lives and limbs have to be sacrificed before your blood lust is sated?

when will you become an active participant in the war on terror?

anytime soon?

TheStripey1
05-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Am I the only one that finds it extremely annoying when a single poster tries to dominate a thread by replying to every single post with mindless dribble?

I read the thread from the beginning and respond to the posts read while others, like you, just jump in at the end without reading the thread and thus knowing what is going on... no wonder you always seem like you're lost...

you are...

lily
05-24-2007, 08:54 PM

What I linked to was an addtional 9.

So sending 9 more carriers into the region is going to do what, besides back them more into a corner? Iran's youth are moderates. Alphabet Soup Name isn't really that popular. You start doing shit like this and the country is going to look more and more to him to protect them. Fear is a strong emotion. Look what we gave up willingly under the Patriot Act, when they came up with it as soon as they did.

lily
05-24-2007, 08:56 PM

We are paying attention and a) we're not running around in a panic, b) we're not buying most of it. It's rather hard to when it's the same thing, with no effort to even change the "story".

lily
05-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by -Cp

You seem to feel very strongly about the borders. Me, I'm more worried about the ports.......but now here is where I see you can make a difference. I don't think they care if you're too old or too young, out of shape or in shape, go down and help build the fence or join the Minutemen. Hell you don't even have to quit your job.........do it on the weekends.

Then get off your butt and do something.

lily
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Boy this just seems like a win win situation for you. If we didn't pass the bill we were cutting and running. We passed the bill and now we're woosies.

Gunny
05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Boy this just seems like a win win situation for you. If we didn't pass the bill we were cutting and running. We passed the bill and now we're woosies.

Kind of makes you feel like Bush listening to a bunch of liberal crap, doesn't it?

Doniston
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Kind of makes you feel like Bush listening to a bunch of liberal crap, doesn't it? I don't quite understand what you are getting as here. I do think the Dems screwed up by not including survival bench marks in the bill, instead of financial threats, which will not be fulfilled.

glockmail
05-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Boy this just seems like a win win situation for you. If we didn't pass the bill we were cutting and running. We passed the bill and now we're woosies. If I was concerned about political power than yes, but I am concerned about our nation's security, so no.

glockmail
05-25-2007, 07:53 AM
yeah, glock, the democrats want the troops home safe and you and bush want them in harm's way... how many american lives and limbs have to be sacrificed before your blood lust is sated?

when will you become an active participant in the war on terror?

anytime soon?

I am an active participant by constantly pointing out to y'all that Islam is a bullshit religion and should be crushed within the US. Same with homosexual marraige and all that. :slap:

Gaffer
05-25-2007, 01:26 PM
What I linked to was an addtional 9.

So sending 9 more carriers into the region is going to do what, besides back them more into a corner? Iran's youth are moderates. Alphabet Soup Name isn't really that popular. You start doing shit like this and the country is going to look more and more to him to protect them. Fear is a strong emotion. Look what we gave up willingly under the Patriot Act, when they came up with it as soon as they did.

There are 9 ships involved in excersizes near the iranian coast. There are 40 more farther out monitoring the iranians. The people would love nothing better than to get rid of the little demented puppet. They also want the mullahs out as well. And just maybe the military presence off their coast will encourage them to take action. For the most part the people of iran are fearful of their government. A government that arrested 150,000 women for not dressing according to islamic codes. Have we seen that here under the patriot act? The iranians have religious police that assault people not following the codes. They murder people for slight infractions of sharia law. See that here under the patriot act?

iran thrives on intimidating its neighbors and anyone else they think they can. We can intimidate back and that's what we are doing. Two Americans are being held in tehran right now. Should they be forced to sit in a prison for years or executed? Or should we put military pressure on the little hitler to get them out?

lily
05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
There are 9 ships involved in excersizes near the iranian coast. There are 40 more farther out monitoring the iranians. The people would love nothing better than to get rid of the little demented puppet. They also want the mullahs out as well. And just maybe the military presence off their coast will encourage them to take action. For the most part the people of iran are fearful of their government.

Well we see this differently. You see it as a chance for the Iranians to start a revolution. I see it as a way for them to support the leader that they feel is going to protect them. I hate to say it, but if I was an Iranian, I would look at what the US has done in Iraq and Afghanistan and say I want no part. Please protect me! Especially if I see warships. I have this feeling that there is going to be some kind of "accident".

A government that arrested 150,000 women for not dressing according to islamic codes. Have we seen that here under the patriot act? The iranians have religious police that assault people not following the codes. They murder people for slight infractions of sharia law. See that here under the patriot act?

Nope.....but I see freedoms taken away that I used to have.....also spare me the dress codes......I also heard that excues when we went into Afghanistan to free the women from that there and it's back where it was, if not worse now. Also, our men and women fought for an Iraqi constitution, which there are some laws that are Shira. Like it or not, it's their religious beliefs and we're not going to change it by attacking.

iran thrives on intimidating its neighbors and anyone else they think they can. We can intimidate back and that's what we are doing. Two Americans are being held in tehran right now. Should they be forced to sit in a prison for years or executed? Or should we put military pressure on the little hitler to get them out?

Well, all I can say is we're known for the same thing.

Dilloduck
05-25-2007, 01:48 PM
but I see freedoms taken away that I used to have.....

like getting on a plane without having to take your shoes off--oh my :lol:

lily
05-25-2007, 02:07 PM
like getting on a plane without having to take your shoes off--oh my :lol:

I'm poor. I can't afford to fly.

Gaffer
05-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Exactly what freedoms have you lost lily?

Yes they have sharia law in iraq as part of the constitution. I don't agree with that. I think all religion there should be kept out of the government.

We have two choices in dealing with iran. The people revolt and take over the country or we invade. I have no problem with helping them take down the dictatorship there. Taking down iran will put a huge crimp in the terrorist organizations around the world.

lily
05-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Exactly what freedoms have you lost lily?

The country as a whole has lost, gaffer.

We have two choices in dealing with iran. The people revolt and take over the country or we invade. I have no problem with helping them take down the dictatorship there. Taking down iran will put a huge crimp in the terrorist organizations around the world.

........yeah, cuz that has worked so well in Iraq and Afghanistan. The very idea of doing something over and over and getting the same results is insane.

Gaffer
05-25-2007, 10:02 PM
The country as a whole has lost, gaffer.

I'll ask again. What specific rights have you lost to the patriot act? I have never recieved an answer from any liberal to that question.

........yeah, cuz that has worked so well in Iraq and Afghanistan. The very idea of doing something over and over and getting the same results is insane.

Half the problems in iraq and afganhistan come directly from iran. Without iran all the insurgencies would fall apart. Take out the source and we eliminate the problem.

loosecannon
05-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Half the problems in iraq and afganhistan come directly from iran. Without iran all the insurgencies would fall apart. Take out the source and we eliminate the problem.

the source is GWB.

loosecannon
05-25-2007, 11:15 PM

You are just jealous

loosecannon
05-25-2007, 11:20 PM
For the most part the people of iran are fearful of their government. A government that arrested 150,000 women for not dressing according to islamic codes. Have we seen that here under the patriot act? The iranians have religious police that assault people not following the codes. They murder people for slight infractions of sharia law. See that here under the patriot act?

iran thrives on intimidating its neighbors and anyone else they think they can.

LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is obvious BS. Recant or link us up.

Kathianne
05-25-2007, 11:25 PM
LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is obvious BS. Recant or link us up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/621126.stm

..."One could easily argue that in Pakistan - as in other places - it's applied rather selectively and that certain interpretations are used simply to gain political points on the part of some administrations.

"It's used willy-nilly, it's used ad-hoc. And so there is no systematic Sharia law, in the same way as Saudi Arabia or Iran, where there is a Sharia tradition." ...

loosecannon
05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes they have sharia law in iraq as part of the constitution. I don't agree with that. I think all religion there should be kept out of the government.

Amazing. Do you think the same here? And btw your opinion about sharia law in Iraq means less than zero. It is none of your business.

loosecannon
05-25-2007, 11:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/621126.stm

I dunno what you are linking to but this is the contested set of assertions.

For the most part the people of iran are fearful of their government.

A government that arrested 150,000 women for not dressing according to islamic codes.

The iranians have religious police that assault people not following the codes.

They murder people for slight infractions of sharia law.

iran thrives on intimidating its neighbors and anyone else they think they can.

Kathianne
05-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I dunno what you are linking to but this is the contested set of assertions.

Iran and Islamic codes-Shari'a.

Gaffer
05-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Amazing. Do you think the same here? And btw your opinion about sharia law in Iraq means less than zero. It is none of your business.

I can't do anything about sharia law in iraq. But its definately my business when iran wants to run iraq and use it to bring sharia here. Your opinion on this board means less than zero so I guess we're even. :fu:

Gaffer
05-26-2007, 02:26 PM
the source is GWB.

WRONG the source is iran. The main part of the war on islam. Only ignorant liberals are at war with Bush.

lily
05-26-2007, 09:43 PM
WRONG the source is iran. The main part of the war on islam. Only ignorant liberals are at war with Bush.

Whoa.......wait a minute. When I went to bed last night the "story" was Iraq is the main source of terrorism. Did it switch to Iran overnight?

Gaffer
05-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Whoa.......wait a minute. When I went to bed last night the "story" was Iraq is the main source of terrorism. Did it switch to Iran overnight?

iraq is the main front in the battle. iran is the supplier and main source of terror. Always has been.

lily
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
iraq is the main front in the battle. iran is the supplier and main source of terror. Always has been.

I feel just like Charlie Brown when Lucy hold the football. Sorry Gaffer, I did a search and I see no quotes from Bush saying that Iran is the supplier and main source of terror. I'd really like to read something where he said this.....and if this is so, why did we invade Iraq?

Gunny
05-30-2007, 05:21 AM
I feel just like Charlie Brown when Lucy hold the football. Sorry Gaffer, I did a search and I see no quotes from Bush saying that Iran is the supplier and main source of terror. I'd really like to read something where he said this.....and if this is so, why did we invade Iraq?

What does invading Iraq have to do Iran being the main source of terror? Nothing. The reasons for invading Iraq have been listed ad nauseum. They seem to change only when some left-wingnut does so attempting to bolster a weak argument.

And since when does what Bush says about the ME, Iran and/or Iraq suddenly hold any weight with you? You spend all your time talking trash about him, but suddenly now he is required to validate where terrorists come from.

Gaffer
05-30-2007, 01:31 PM

He has not been saying it. The generals have been saying it and certain CIA people Have said it. Haven't you seen the pictures of the IED's that were brought in from iran? We have five, probably more, iranian agents in custody right now.There are tons of weapons and munitions being intercepted daily coming in from iran. They keep saying they can't prove any direct ties to the iranian leadership concerning these weapons, which is bullshit. Nothing goes on in iran without that governments blessing.

Just cause Bush doesn't talk about it doesn't mean its not happening.