PDA

View Full Version : Learning How to Debate

Pages : 1 [2]

Wind Song
05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Unless you prepared to prove that the murders you keep saying happen are happening in men's rooms, then this is an unfounded fear.

It doesn't happen in men's rooms all that often, because MOST, if not ALL cross dressers, don't use the men's room. They use the women's room. It is true that transexuals are murdered. If you want me to prove that, give me some time and I'll get you LOTS of stories.

Just google murdered transexuals or murdered transvestites.

Wind Song
05-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Unless you prepared to prove that the murders you keep saying happen are happening in men's rooms, then this is an unfounded fear.

http://cdolops.las.iastate.edu/ws325/_readings/ViolenceTransgender.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unlawfully_killed_transgender_people

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/blog/2010/12/16/stigma-exclusion-violence-against-trans-workers

http://transgenderlegal.org/headline_show.php?id=122

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/17/us/17transgen.html?_r=2&hp

http://news.yahoo.com/video/detroitwxyz-20910802/transexual-murdered-on-city-s-west-side-28818840.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fdetroitwxyz-20910802%252Ftransexual-murdered-on-city-s-west-side-28818840.html

http://my.execpc.com/~dmmunson/Nov99_7.htm

Wind Song
05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
"There have been more confirmed trans murders in DC than any other city in the United States since 2000, yet only about a quarter of these have been solved.

The DC Trans Coalition condemns the recent assault on a transgender woman on West Virginia Ave, NE and the two separate assaults on gay men in the greater Columbia Heights area. We note, with increasing frustration, that these are just the latest incidents in a long history of violence against transgender and LGB people in our city, particularly young transgender women of color. We are stunned that some media coverage and community responses are sidelining the attack on the transgender woman – perhaps in part because of the Metropolitan Police Department’s refusal to classify the attack as a hate crime, despite the victim’s own statements.

While the attacks on both gay men have been classified as bias crimes, MPD has refused to classify the assault on the transgender woman as a bias-related crime because she was beaten so badly as to be knocked unconscious and, as a result, has hazy memories of her assault. The police department has also regularly refused to take responsibility for preventing and solving anti-trans crimes (as we discuss here (http://bit.ly/zmgGDt)). Rather than advocate for safer conditions for trans people, Chief Cathy Lanier and other police officials have recently said, on several occasions, that members of the trans community are responsible for avoiding “situations where they might be harmed.” This kind of blatant victim-blaming demonstrates deep misunderstanding of the pervasive anti-trans discrimination found throughout our city."
http://www.dctranscoalition.org/

jimnyc
05-30-2012, 03:59 PM

I don't think that anyone ever stated the nutso transgender and transvestites were never killed, but saying that they aren't happening in rest rooms all over the world. Therefore, any list showing that these wackjobs are killed in general, has nothing to do with what DS72 said.

logroller
05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
It doesn't happen because MOST, if not ALL cross dressers don't use the men's room. It is true that transexuals are murdered. If you want me to prove that, give me some time and I'll get you LOTS of stories.

Just google murdered transexuals or murdered transvestites.

I went to wiki; there's only a handful of murders and none in bathrooms: NONE. If the likelihood is high; you'd think there'd be at least one. Far more commonly is some transgender being found out after hooking up with a guy under the guise of being a woman. Go figure, guys don't like finding out the hot chick has a dick. Not saying its death worthy; just saying its not as innocent as taking a piss.

tailfins
05-30-2012, 04:01 PM
That's an outlandish assertion. Men aren't violently oppressive brutes any more than women are stupid and weak.

How about women as stupid brutes?

Wind Song
05-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I went to wiki; there's only a handful of murders and none in bathrooms: NONE. If the likelihood is high; you'd think there'd be at least one. Far more commonly is some transgender being found out after hooking up with a guy under the guise of being a woman. Go figure, guys don't like finding out the hot chick has a dick. Not saying its death worthy; just saying its not as innocent as taking a piss.

Most transgendered go into women's rooms. My claim is that they wouldn't be likely to use a men's room, because they'd be at risk of assault. It does happen that transgendered are murdered by enraged men who find out they just had sex with a man, not a woman.

Wind Song
05-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Wow, somebody is REALLY angry and out of control. Likes to punish.

jimnyc
05-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Wing Nut - if you are going to proclaim publicly and privately that you are going to "ignore me". Then don't turn around and do so, but try and use the rep system so no one can see you NOT ignoring. It's childish, but a childish game only I can win! I knew you couldn't last an hour, retard.

jimnyc
05-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow, somebody is REALLY angry and out of control. Likes to punish.

No, as stated thousands of times, I treat people how they treat me. You want to use rep as a way to say shit to me when supposedly ignoring me, then I'll treat you in the same manner.

Wind Song
05-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Wing Nut - if you are going to proclaim publicly and privately that you are going to "ignore me". Then don't turn around and do so, but try and use the rep system so no one can see you NOT ignoring. It's childish, but a childish game only I can win! I knew you couldn't last an hour, retard.

I thought mentioning the rep system is against the rules? Aren't you the clever one that you can repeatedly neg rep me with ugly statement every few minutes. Does that make you feel powerful?

You poor thing.

jimnyc
05-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought mentioning the rep system is against the rules? Aren't you the clever one that you can repeatedly neg rep me with ugly statement every few minutes. Does that make you feel powerful?

You poor thing.

No, you idiot, discussing the actual comments is what is against the rules. You're really to stupid to be attempting to communicate with adults, you really are.

tailfins
05-30-2012, 04:11 PM
No, you idiot, discussing the actual comments is what is against the rules. You're really to stupid to be attempting to communicate with adults, you really are.

That would be TOO stupid.

Wind Song
05-30-2012, 04:14 PM
I can't repeat the ugly content of Jim's rep posts but I can let you in on the score. He's given me three in ten minutes.

Mature, isn't it?

logroller
05-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Most transgendered go into women's rooms. My claim is that they wouldn't be likely to use a men's room, because they'd be at risk of assault. It does happen that transgendered are murdered by enraged men who find out they just had sex with a man, not a woman.

They'd be at risk of ridicule; being outted for what they really are. Most trangenders were born with male genetalia; thus, they are dressed/behave/etc as women. That is why they use the woman's restroom; because they wish to be seen as a woman--- and not out of fear of violent assault if they were to use the men's room. Get real WS. For someone who's involved in the LGBT lifestyle you sure don't represent them well IMO.

jimnyc
05-30-2012, 04:19 PM
That would be TOO stupid.

And I hate it when people make that mistake, then I do it myself! LOL

The difference between her and I is that I can acknowledge my errors, and not repeat them until I have to vomit.

tailfins
05-30-2012, 04:19 PM
They'd be at risk of ridicule; being outted for what they really are. Most trangenders were born with male genetalia; thus, they are dressed/behave/etc as women. That is why they use the woman's restroom; because they wish to be seen as a woman--- and not out of fear of violent assault if they were to use the men's room. Get real WS. For someone who's involved in the LGBT lifestyle you sure don't represent them well IMO.

This isn't complicated. Using a restroom designated for a gender other than the one currently registered with the state runs a risk of criminal prosecution.

tailfins
05-30-2012, 04:20 PM
And I hate it when people make that mistake, then I do it myself! LOL

The difference between her and I is that I can acknowledge my errors, and not repeat them until I have to vomit.

Using the phrase COULD care less annoys me the most. The correct phrase is COULDN'T care less.

logroller
05-30-2012, 04:28 PM
This isn't complicated. Using a restroom designated for a gender other than the one currently registered with the state runs a risk of criminal prosecution.
So what then, Id checks at the door? Seems like a great solution for a non-issue.

jimnyc
05-30-2012, 04:30 PM
So what then, Id checks at the door? Seems like a great solution for a non-issue.

Or don't walk into a woman's room and pee standing up - or go into a men's room wearing a dress and panties. A little self control, common sense & personal responsibility goes a long way!

tailfins
05-30-2012, 04:31 PM

How much do you want to bet some cop will come up with this idea and implement it?

DragonStryk72
05-30-2012, 04:49 PM

SO, transgendered don't enter bedrooms then?

ConHog
05-30-2012, 05:24 PM
AND Windbag turns another thread into a gay rights argument.

SKy you want to know why so many oppose "gay rights?" Same reason so many oppose legalizing pot. MANY who champion each are loons who will never be happy, give them (you) an inch, and they (you) will try to take a mile.

Legalize marijuana , some will immediately want to legalize coke, legalize gay marriage then some will say "well cross dressers are people to"

Fuck a cross dresser, NO ONE can say that they didn't have a choice in what clothes they wear out. If Jim wants to wear his wife's bra and panties in the privacy of his own home who cares, but by God keep that shit to himself.

And did you really say that those who are unsure about their sexuality should be able to use the restrooms of their own choosing? No as was said earlier penis you go into the men's room, vagina you go into the ladies room.

Oh and let me point out your overwhelming hypocrisy here . You have stated, and I've seen it, that gays should be allowed to serve in the military and that straights should just have to deal with it and be uncomfortable if it makes them so. I happen to agree with you. However, logic dictates that then we must also then say that gays should HAVE to use the public restroom that correlates with their physical gender, and if that makes them uncomfortable too bad.

Are you saying that you are only concerned with the comfort of gays?

Once again Sky, things like THIS are why no one here will ever take you seriously, because you don't use ANY facts when posting.

Abbey Marie
05-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I will give it a rest now. I think it's important for anyone who is committed to teaching tolerance that when people use racist, homophobic, misogynist terms they be informed about how they may affect other people.

I have that committment. I will always speak up when people use slurs.

Says the woman who regularly insults people and then calls them "Fundies".

ConHog
05-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Says the woman who regularly insults people and then calls them "Fundies".

islamaphobic,homophobic, misogynistic LOL three completely made up words in a row LOL made even more pathetic since they were uttered by a man hating, straight hating Christaphobe.

A straight male Christian must be Sky's worst nightmare.

Abbey Marie
05-30-2012, 06:04 PM
I can't repeat the ugly content of Jim's rep posts but I can let you in on the score. He's given me three in ten minutes.

Mature, isn't it?

I admire his restraint!

Abbey Marie
05-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Using the phrase COULD care less annoys me the most. The correct phrase is COULDN'T care less.

Perhaps those who say this are making a Freudian slip. ;)

darin
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Family content!

My wife has a neat rack.

:)

and great arms

And nice thighs

And 4-pack abs

and pretty eyes.

And luscious lips.

darin
05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
as an aside...I bet if we merged every single Post WS has EVER made, into ONE big-ass reply...it'd all FIT...because she largely says one of about three things.

She plays the victim
She plays angry (often passively)
She plays nice...until she can cherry-pick enough words to fuel her victim-rage again. :)

Dilloduck
05-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I had no intention of implying that Jim was unlucky or unloved. I'm sorry it stung. It wasn't my intention.
I meant that Jim would be just as lucky to be a loving gay man as he is a loving heterosexual man.

Over and over I said that the term "gay" should NOT be used as insult. When I used it to refer to Jim, I used it with the same love and respect I have for my father, who was gay.

I admit that I carry the burden of my father's death heavily in my heart. Gay hate was his undoing.

Congratulations----I see that on your never ending crusade to find hate and evil in everything that you decided that editing your post might be a wise idea and realized after much meditation that my intention was to debate suicide and not flame anyone. Explain the concept to your mentor who has fallen for your bullshit.

ConHog
05-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Jim,

Could you help WS by taking away her ability to edit her posts?

Dilloduck
05-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually, knowing Dillhole I will side with Sky on this one, he most assuredly was using it as a weapon against her. Now of course if she would not react to every god damned thing that jerk off says he'd get bored and go away , just like all bullies do; but that doesn't change why he said it.

You most assuredly fucked up by trying to assess my motives on this one. Debates can be adversarial and contradicting an assertion is NOT the same thing as a personal assault.

ConHog
05-30-2012, 06:54 PM
You most assuredly fucked up by trying to assess my motives on this one. Debates can be adversarial and contradicting an assertion is NOT the same thing as a personal assault.

Meh, my opinion is you're a dick who enjoys picking on WS.

It's all good though as far as I'm concerned.

Dilloduck
05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Meh, my opinion is you're a dick who enjoys picking on WS.

It's all good though as far as I'm concerned.

It's OK. A lot of people don't recognize a gift when they see it.

ConHog
05-30-2012, 07:02 PM
It's OK. A lot of people don't recognize a gift when they see it.

Ugh

Shadow
05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Actually, knowing Dillhole I will side with Sky on this one, he most assuredly was using it as a weapon against her. Now of course if she would not react to every god damned thing that jerk off says he'd get bored and go away , just like all bullies do; but that doesn't change why he said it.

Knowing Dillo, I will say that you are wrong on that.

Shadow
05-30-2012, 07:43 PM
I respect you a lot LR , but if you will read around on this board , not to mention go look at some past posts on another board you will see that Dillo is a fan of the snide cutting remarks , especially when it comes to SKy.

Sorry that's just the way I see it - and the fact is I'm never wrong. :fu:

You are wrong in this case. Dillo tells you things straight up, and won't coddle you, or let you lie to yourself. He can be blunt...but he is not mean spirited in that way.

ConHog
05-30-2012, 07:48 PM
You are wrong in this case. Dillo tells you things straight up, and won't coddle you, or let you lie to yourself. He can be blunt...but he is not mean spirited in that way.

I disagree, but not enough to argue with you about it.

Shadow
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
I disagree, but not enough to argue with you about it.

Wasn't trying to argue with you. And really... it's not up for debate either. You are wrong,since Dillo himself set you straight.

Dilloduck
05-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Maybe you would care to debate me on the intent of my post and show WS how it's done ?

ConHog
05-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Maybe you would care to debate me on the intent of my post and show WS how it's done ?

Yes because what we REALLY need is another thread about the injustices done to WS. :D

Dilloduck
05-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Yes because what we REALLY need is another thread about the injustices done to WS. :D

It's not about WS. You made an accusation about the intent of my post. Care to try to back up your assertion?

ConHog
05-30-2012, 08:23 PM
It's not about WS. You made an accusation about the intent of my post. Care to try to back up your assertion?

I posted an opinion Dildo. Obviously there is no proof of an opinion.

Sorry if I hurt your feelers though.

Dilloduck
05-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I posted an opinion Dildo. Obviously there is no proof of an opinion.

Sorry if I hurt your feelers though.

My feelers are just fine, thanks. Debates seldom are about proof and more about the art of persuasion but I understand that you might not wanna try me on this one. You might wanna read up on borderline personalities and see how they can suck in people like you.

ConHog
05-30-2012, 08:34 PM
My feelers are just fine, thanks. Debates seldom are about proof and more about the art of persuasion but I understand that you might not wanna try me on this one. You might wanna read up on borderline personalities and see how they can suck in people like you.

People like me eh? What kind of person is that Dillhole?

Dilloduck
05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
People like me eh? What kind of person is that Dillhole?

People with little experience or training in dealing with borderline personalities.

SassyLady
05-31-2012, 03:47 AM
However, the reason I mention this is important to what I'm getting across to you: Most people have been through horrible things, but it isn't about the things that happen, it is how we handle them, and what we do with those experiences that defines us.

:clap::clap:

Abbey Marie
05-31-2012, 02:28 PM
People with little experience or training in dealing with borderline personalities.

That article was a real eye-opener for me. I am not knowledgeable about mental health diagnoses.
Thanks for the education.

logroller
05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
That article was a real eye-opener for me. I am not knowledgeable about mental health diagnoses.
Thanks for the education.
What article; I didn't see a link.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2012, 03:24 PM
What article; I didn't see a link.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?35346-Borderline-Personality-disorder-and-Splitting-behavior&p=552270#post552270

SassyLady
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
"Mind fucking" a form of cruelty. It's a type of manipulation.

Someone can only "mind fuck" you if you allow it. You are ultimately responsible for how you choose to react to what others say to you and about you. YOU, Windsong, are responsible .... no one else. You have the choice to let what he says screw with you .... and the more you react, the more people are going to mess with you.

Darwin's Law of Survival - survival of the fittest ... that includes mentally fit.

darin
06-01-2012, 04:55 AM
I'm a little disappointed nobody is talking about MY family since I brought her up in this thread. :( </SPAN>

ConHog
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm a little disappointed nobody is talking about MY family since I brought her up in this thread. :( </SPAN>

That's because we all pity her for being married to you and have no wish to pile on. :laugh2:

logroller
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Classic

http://youtu.be/INMxCynadlI

Mr. P
06-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Classic

Indeed! :laugh:

Shadow
06-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Classic

http://youtu.be/INMxCynadlI

Aww...but you boy's love the two bit tarts and bargain basement sluts. Why you be trashing them?:laugh:

ConHog
06-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Aww...but you boy's love the two bit tarts and bargain basement sluts. Why you be trashing them?:laugh:

true, but MEN don't. WE prefer a much higher caliber of slut.:laugh:

Dilloduck
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Unfortunately sometimes they're all we can afford.:crying2: