PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman Bond Revoked

Kathianne
06-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Judge Revokes Zimmerman's Bond in Trayvon Martin Killing; Gives Him 72 Hours to Surrender http://a.abcnews.com/images/Site/byline_ap.gif

SANFORD, Fla. June 1, 2012 (AP)

Judge revokes Zimmerman's bond in Trayvon Martin killing; gives him 72 hours to surrender.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-revokes-zimmermans-bond-trayvon-martin-killing-72-16476482

Kathianne
06-01-2012, 02:00 PM
More info, doesn't look good for him if true:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-case-prosecutors-george-zimmerman-bond-revoked-article-1.1088311

Judge revokes Zimmerman's bond in Trayvon Martin killing Neighborhood watchman accused of giving misleading testimony about his finances By The Associated Press (http://www.nydailynews.com/authors?author=The%20Associated%20Press) Published: Friday, June 1, 2012, 2:12 PM Updated: Friday, June 1, 2012, 2:54 PM
SANFORD, Fla. — A judge has revoked the bond of the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and ordered him returned to jail within 48 hours.
Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said Friday that George Zimmerman misled the court about how much money he had available when his bond was set for $150,000 in April. Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up.
Prosecutors also say he failed to surrender a second passport. The defense says the finances are an innocent misunderstanding.

Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and is claiming self-defense.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trayvon-martin-case-prosecutors-george-zimmerman-bond-revoked-article-1.1088311#ixzz1wZNzzgv1

jimnyc
06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Yep, just read this, and deservedly so. I still think he is innocent of the charges - but I think hiding funds was a terrible idea, then lying about funds was an even worse idea. And lastly, anyone getting a passport a few weeks after killing someone, whether in a legal manner or not, is begging to be held.

Kathianne
06-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Yep, just read this, and deservedly so. I still think he is innocent of the charges - but I think hiding funds was a terrible idea, then lying about funds was an even worse idea. And lastly, anyone getting a passport a few weeks after killing someone, whether in a legal manner or not, is begging to be held.

Yep. Every indication of guilt. Granted may be fear, but impressions matter.

logroller
06-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm curious what prompted the move.

jimnyc
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Yep. Every indication of guilt. Granted may be fear, but impressions matter.

I think the fear of life in jail, or the death penalty, is enough to make any man react irrationally. But that's why he should listen to lawyers and those with his best interest in mind. I believe he had a website setup and never told his lawyers about it, and apparently raised about $200k of his own money - which was hidden from the courts. Whether dumb moves or not, like you said, will not only get bail revoked, will also make some people instantly think 'guilty', regardless of the facts of the case.

I'm curious what prompted the move.

I don't know the details, but read above. The prosecution mentioned a few weeks back that they submitted paperwork to revoke his bail but it wasn't scheduled until today. I think this started leaking out about the time that he switched lawyers.

Dilloduck
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
It's not like they just figured this out.

logroller
06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I didnt know about the passport; when combined with the money, it definitely makes him a flight risk.

Thunderknuckles
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, that was a huge punch in the face to his credibility.

DragonStryk72
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Well, that was a huge punch in the face to his credibility.

Yup, the jury's gonna have a ball with that one.

SassyLady
06-01-2012, 06:01 PM
It was my understanding that the lawyer took control of all that money from the website, so I'm not sure what monies they are talking about that he is hiding.

Zimmerman's attorney said on his website that just under $50,000 of the more than $200,000 raised by Zimmerman's now-defunct website is being used for his security and setting up his living arrangements in hiding. Zimmerman has about $15,000 in cash.

The other $150,000 raised by the website has been turned over to independent administrator to manage.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/149242055.html

As for the passport ..... I have one sitting around here somewhere that I wouldn't be able to surrender, because I can't find it. The courts might know that I have it, but I'll be damned if I can find it....so, technically, I would not have surrendered it.

jimnyc
06-01-2012, 06:12 PM
It was my understanding that the lawyer took control of all that money from the website, so I'm not sure what monies they are talking about that he is hiding.

As for the passport ..... I have one sitting around here somewhere that I wouldn't be able to surrender, because I can't find it. The courts might know that I have it, but I'll be damned if I can find it....so, technically, I would not have surrendered it.

I could be wrong on the financial aspect. But apparently they had sufficient proof that he was hiding money or the judge probably wouldn't have revoked the bail. As for the passport, I think it was just the idea of him going to get the passport so closely to having been involved in the killing that made his actions suspect, at least enough in the judges eye to revoke.

I still think he'll be found not guilty, but his road just got harder. But I don't think that bail issues should change the facts of the case.

SassyLady
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I could be wrong on the financial aspect. But apparently they had sufficient proof that he was hiding money or the judge probably wouldn't have revoked the bail. As for the passport, I think it was just the idea of him going to get the passport so closely to having been involved in the killing that made his actions suspect, at least enough in the judges eye to revoke.

I still think he'll be found not guilty, but his road just got harder. But I don't think that bail issues should change the facts of the case.

Let's hope the bail issue doesn't hard his case. This is such an important case that it should be based on the evidence alone and not mistakes made after the fact.

logroller
06-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Yup, the jury's gonna have a ball with that one.
I don't think the jury would be made aware of it. Regardlessly, being arrest and having your bail revoked doesn't make one guilty; a diligent juror knows that one is innocent until proven guilty.

Kathianne
06-01-2012, 11:17 PM

My understanding is that he had turned over his passport, which was expired. He got the new one 2 weeks after the incident. Doesn't look good.

logroller
06-02-2012, 12:39 AM
My understanding is that he had turned over his passport, which was expired. He got the new one 2 weeks after the incident. Doesn't look good.
I suppose if he requested the new passport after the incident, it looks bad. Two weeks is quite a rush; usually takes 4-6. If he rushed delivery after the incident, it's downright damning. Doesn't make him guilty though, just fearful of a guilty verdict.

Kathianne
06-02-2012, 01:00 AM
I suppose if he requested the new passport after the incident, it looks bad. Two weeks is quite a rush; usually takes 4-6. If he rushed delivery after the incident, it's downright damning. Doesn't make him guilty though, just fearful of a guilty verdict.

Yep, which is what I said to Jim, earlier. It makes him look guilty, when fear may have been the motivator. Lord knows in those weeks lots of threats and even possibility of social unrest. Indeed crimes have been committed in Trayvon's 'honor.' Gag. However, this is not good if the man really is innocent of murder. He's done himself grave harm.

Nell's Room
06-02-2012, 02:42 AM

You know what that makes me think? It makes me think that he KNEW he would be charged, and hoped to flee the country before that happened. And if he planned to flee the country, that would tell me he knew he had done wrong.

SassyLady
06-02-2012, 02:53 AM
I will wait to hear more information regarding the passport situation. May be just a coincidence. If it does take 4-6 weeks to get a passport, perhaps he had started the process prior to the incident. Who knows?

If he applied for it after the shooting, that would be suspect. I don't tie it back to him believing he did something wrong ... perhaps just fearful of the consequences regardless of being right or wrong.

jimnyc
06-02-2012, 10:13 AM

You know what that makes me think? It makes me think that he KNEW he would be charged, and hoped to flee the country before that happened. And if he planned to flee the country, that would tell me he knew he had done wrong.

Or as Log stated, fearful of being found guilty regardless of what really happened that night?

I've been reading around other boards about this case, mostly liberal, and this was the nail in the coffin for them and they have all now declared him guilty (as if they didn't do that the very next day). The passport and money have NOTHING to do with the facts of the case from that night. But even if one makes this part of it, it's not even remotely close enough to find him guilty.

Every competent attorney from around the nation has went on record stating that they shouldn't have even been able to get an arrest affidavit based on the evidence, and that he will be found not guilty, easily. Then the lead investigator has already been on the stand, and has already stated for the record that he has no idea who confronted who and who started the fight. They cannot prove this. All they have is a little bit of circumstantial evidence. The bail being revoked has more teeth than the actual case.

Nell's Room
06-03-2012, 01:32 AM
I believe he is guilty, he confronted Trayvon and that is what led to Trayvon's death. However, I think he may be found not guilty.

logroller
06-03-2012, 02:58 AM
I believe he is guilty, he confronted Trayvon and that is what led to Trayvon's death. However, I think he may be found not guilty.
that's an assumption; unsupported by evidence.

jimnyc
06-03-2012, 11:24 AM

You say you believe he is guilty but then offer no proof/evidence at all to backup why you think that. And you know what, that's the exact same position the prosecution is in, and THAT'S why he may be found guilty. No offense, but in any judicial system, it's probably better to err on the side of innocence than "believe" someone is guilty without evidence. Too many people these days find people guilty based on gut feelings - or based on what the media tells them. It's naive on both parts.

jimnyc
06-03-2012, 11:25 AM
that's an assumption; unsupported by evidence.

Not only an assumption by Nell that he confronted Trayvon - but lead prosecution has already went on record with the court that he has no evidence that Zimmerman did so.

Nukeman
06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I believe he is guilty, he confronted Trayvon and that is what led to Trayvon's death. However, I think he may be found not guilty.So as a neighborhood watch he "confronted" someone who does not live in his addition!! The person he confronted punched and beat his head into the ground for being confronted, instead of saying 'I'm staying with my dad in that house right there.

You are willing to give Martin a pass yet find Zimmerman guilty!!!! Hmmm how curious that you make such a slanted judgement even though the evidence that has been proven and released to this date supports his justified use of force against an attacker!!!! Why is that?? is it a "feeling" or are you just against guns and anyone that usese them??

jimnyc
06-03-2012, 02:53 PM
So as a neighborhood watch he "confronted" someone who does not live in his addition!! The person he confronted punched and beat his head into the ground for being confronted, instead of saying 'I'm staying with my dad in that house right there.

You are willing to give Martin a pass yet find Zimmerman guilty!!!! Hmmm how curious that you make such a slanted judgement even though the evidence that has been proven and released to this date supports his justified use of force against an attacker!!!! Why is that?? is it a "feeling" or are you just against guns and anyone that usese them??

Sadly, many just see a young kid is dead, and a minority or white man shot him = and to them that is automatic guilt, they can't comprehend the complexities of what transpired and can't fathom how this man, but all accounts thus far, simply acted in self defense (nevermind the stand your ground law, just pure self defense). And the facts that have been released, by eyewitnesses & Zimm's medical condition & his initial statement being backed by the facts thus far - purely self defense should find him not guilty.

WiccanLiberal
06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
The only people who will be qualified to decide his guilt or innocence are a jury enmpanelled for the purpose. I hate seeing cases tried in the media. It is a disservice to the victims and the accused. Most especially to the victims whoever they prove to be. Assume Trayvon is the innocent youngster the media originally presented using a years old picture of him. With all the confusion about this, and assuming Zimmerman did anything wrong, he is unlikely to be convicted. Assume Zimmerman is the victim, a man just trying to do the right thing for his community. Acquitted or not, he may well have to leave the state if not the country as he will get no peace. The only winners will be the media outlets and the attorneys.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2012, 09:47 AM
The only people who will be qualified to decide his guilt or innocence are a jury enmpanelled for the purpose. I hate seeing cases tried in the media. It is a disservice to the victims and the accused. Most especially to the victims whoever they prove to be. Assume Trayvon is the innocent youngster the media originally presented using a years old picture of him. With all the confusion about this, and assuming Zimmerman did anything wrong, he is unlikely to be convicted. Assume Zimmerman is the victim, a man just trying to do the right thing for his community. Acquitted or not, he may well have to leave the state if not the country as he will get no peace. The only winners will be the media outlets and the attorneys.

How will Zimmerman live a peacful life with a bounty on his head?
The New Black Panthers have not issued a cancellation of thier offer. And why have they been allowed to do such a thing? For with no charge issued, no arrest and no trial they have been allowed to do just that! With this we see how obama and his administration corrupts everything that they touch..--Tyr

jimnyc
06-06-2012, 09:54 AM
How will Zimmerman live a peacful life with a bounty on his head?
The New Black Panthers have not issued a cancellation of thier offer. And why have they been allowed to do such a thing? For with no charge issued, no arrest and no trial they have been allowed to do just that! With this we see how obama and his administration corrupts everything that they touch..--Tyr

I said that a long way back - imagine if I started posting wanted posters all over town, that I wanted my local police chief, or mayor, or even just a neighbor, captured - dead or alive. And I further this with a huge $$$ reward. WTF? Would I be looked at by the police?

Holder is a scumbag. He wants to go after Arpaio for wanting to uphold the laws that the federal government refuses to - but not a peep when these degenerates openly call for the murder of a man that is 'considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of law'.

logroller
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I said that a long way back - imagine if I started posting wanted posters all over town, that I wanted my local police chief, or mayor, or even just a neighbor, captured - dead or alive. And I further this with a huge $$$ reward. WTF? Would I be looked at by the police?

Holder is a scumbag. He wants to go after Arpaio for wanting to uphold the laws that the federal government refuses to - but not a peep when these degenerates openly call for the murder of a man that is 'considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of law'.

Courts schmorts; he stalked and murdered the poor boy for being black... Or so I read on a blog. :coffee:

jimnyc
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Courts schmorts; he stalked and murdered the poor boy for being black... Or so I read on a blog. :coffee:

I read it was because Zimmerman was prejudiced against skittles and iced tea!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2012, 10:05 AM

Thats because they are black. Holder calls them "my people". Hows that for justice!?? Remember they refused to prosecute the NBPP FOR THE VOTER INTIMIDATION WHICH THEY HAD ON VIDEO..
Obama is corrupt to the core and he surrounded himself with like minded scum.
Try it and see how fast you land in jail. My guess is in about 24 hours or less you'd be arrested for solicitation for murder.
Another upon a long list of glaring examples of obama's corruption and absolute contempt for justice!
Thats why I call him scum and why I say ff-him so often.
My ff-him comment sure isnt an indication that I'm gay as its meant to be a pure insult.---Tyr

logroller
06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I read it was because Zimmerman was prejudiced against skittles and iced tea!
I think that's an aggravating circumstance for sure; and probably why they revoked his bond. Someone needs to put a stop to militant-soda-starburst folk; they're outta control. I'm gonna make up some posters.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I think that's an aggravating circumstance for sure; and probably why they revoked his bond. Someone needs to put a stop to militant-soda-starburst folk; they're outta control. I'm gonna make up some posters.

T-shirts will sell better and makke a larger profit too. -Tyr

logroller
06-06-2012, 10:32 AM
T-shirts will sell better and makke a larger profit too. -Tyr

good idea. Do you think this would violate Ms Martin's trademark
"profiting from justice for Trayvon's death"

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2012, 02:59 PM
good idea. Do you think this would violate Ms Martin's trademark
"profiting from justice for Trayvon's death"

Take out the word Trayvon and in its place- the Skittle Bandit's death..
That way her trademark isnt involved and the point is still made..-:laugh:--Tyr