PDA

View Full Version : corn on the cob....

PostmodernProphet
06-01-2012, 02:47 PM
so I'm 60 years old but I'm still able to learn new tricks....found this on Pinterest and tried it...worked flawlessly over and over....

take an ear of corn, in the husk, including silk....

place it in the microwave on high for 4 minutes (two ears 8 minutes)....

using a potholder (of course it's hot!) remove and with a sharp knife cut across the base high enough that you are into the corn kernals...

grasping the top end of the corn, squeeze (idiot, I already told you to use a pot holder, didn't I?) until the corn is forced out at the base....

the husks and 100% of the silk will be in one hand, a hot and ready to eat earn of corn will be in the other....

guaranteed, or the time you took to read this will be cheerfully refunded.....

(if you already knew this, shame on you for not telling me!).....

jimnyc
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Will have to try that! That's one thing I hate about the corn, is the peeling and then getting them damn silk out, which for me is nearly impossible. I'd sometimes rather just cook a can of corn, but its not the same. When I visit Pa I bring back corn, it's awesome from the Amish Country!

PostmodernProphet
06-01-2012, 02:59 PM
another thing I discovered recently....my wife usually makes this thing she calls a triffle with layers of angel food cake, fruit and a whip cream and yogurt topping....

I made one for mother's day which was a huge success because of one change....

I took the cool whip, yogurt topping and I stirred in some sugar free Crystal Delight mix (margarita flavored).....

PostmodernProphet
06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
got these miniature red and orange peppers from Cosco.....

mixed up some cream cheese and yogurt....

took some smoked almonds in the chili and lime flavor and chopped them up.....

mixed them in the cream cheese and yogurt.....

put it in a zip lock bag and cut the corner off......

filled the peppers.....

chill them, then cut them in half lengthwise....

sprinkle some more chopped almonds on top.....

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/public/l7zELzaiyXA1m8HGHbTxjpw3H49Kr1S3eHg1KkkuhvJuHPFoOq QDj1T-FX1MyWkuwnItDWOuZdsIVEV4GaVOjCcXfSM4X8Wzt-1N5L_GYxnSceBwMXj-KGTwuA4T2DzgiPfbwbA9wnKMRO7IWvY8qsCCeSWwATsuBIpxan m0--tNEnQmN7PHHR2kGf81joddzkoWIfs5sULjf9kRe0ghttp://www.blork.org/blog/imyjiz2/mini-peppers.jpg

ConHog
06-01-2012, 05:19 PM
so I'm 60 years old but I'm still able to learn new tricks....found this on Pinterest and tried it...worked flawlessly over and over....

take an ear of corn, in the husk, including silk....

place it in the microwave on high for 4 minutes (two ears 8 minutes)....

using a potholder (of course it's hot!) remove and with a sharp knife cut across the base high enough that you are into the corn kernals...

grasping the top end of the corn, squeeze (idiot, I already told you to use a pot holder, didn't I?) until the corn is forced out at the base....

the husks and 100% of the silk will be in one hand, a hot and ready to eat earn of corn will be in the other....

guaranteed, or the time you took to read this will be cheerfully refunded.....

(if you already knew this, shame on you for not telling me!).....

IF you grill corn on the cob in the husk until the husks just begin to turn black, they are easily removed from said husk sans silk.

and grilled corn is the bomb.

BUT to make it even better top with lime infused butter (melt 1 cup butter add juice and zest of 2 limes refrigerate until butter solidifies) then sprinkle with chili powder.

you are welcome.

SassyLady
06-01-2012, 05:55 PM
got these miniature red and orange peppers from Cosco.....

mixed up some cream cheese and yogurt....

took some smoked almonds in the chili and lime flavor and chopped them up.....

mixed them in the cream cheese and yogurt.....

put it in a zip lock bag and cut the corner off......

filled the peppers.....

chill them, then cut them in half lengthwise....

sprinkle some more chopped almonds on top.....

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/public/l7zELzaiyXA1m8HGHbTxjpw3H49Kr1S3eHg1KkkuhvJuHPFoOq QDj1T-FX1MyWkuwnItDWOuZdsIVEV4GaVOjCcXfSM4X8Wzt-1N5L_GYxnSceBwMXj-KGTwuA4T2DzgiPfbwbA9wnKMRO7IWvY8qsCCeSWwATsuBIpxan m0--tNEnQmN7PHHR2kGf81joddzkoWIfs5sULjf9kRe0ghttp://www.blork.org/blog/imyjiz2/mini-peppers.jpg
PMP ..... you didn't need to clean them out first? Did you cut tops off or leave them on so it made easier to hold while stuffing?

PostmodernProphet
06-02-2012, 10:27 AM
PMP ..... you didn't need to clean them out first? Did you cut tops off or leave them on so it made easier to hold while stuffing?

I cut the tops off....that was the end I stuffed them from...... very few seeds to clean out, couple of flicks with a knife and you're all set.....