PDA

View Full Version : Republican Fever now the excuse????

SassyLady
06-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Seriously? Seriously!!? This man does not know how to take personal responsibility for anything!!!

President Barack Obama cited a Republican "fever" as the reason why he hasn't been able to make progress on deficit reduction or immigration reform at a Minneapolis fundraiser today.
The remarks are one of Obama's sharpest Republican critiques — equating their recent activism with illness — and are sure to draw condemnation from the right.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/obama-well-get-things-done-when-the-republican

Dilloduck
06-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Sounds like a John Travolta movie. Sad.

fj1200
06-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Seriously? Seriously!!? This man does not know how to take personal responsibility for anything!!!

Maybe he's been hanging around here and got, you know, distracted with leg fever or somethin'...

:drool2:

Or maybe he's just the cause of, and antidote for, a bad case of voter indigestion.

:dancer:

Kathianne
06-01-2012, 11:16 PM
What he's actually saying is that he is unable to work with Congress. That should be the message. He's not well liked by Democrats in Congress either, could really bite him.

SassyLady
06-01-2012, 11:23 PM
What he's actually saying is that he is unable to work with Congress. That should be the message. He's not well liked by Democrats in Congress either, could really bite him.

The sad thing is those that are watching and listening to him can't discern the truth as stated above .... they only hear him say "bad republicans....they are to blame for everything". When his term started Congress had the lowest approval rating ... he's now beating them to the wire ... might be a photo finish!

Aeryn Sun
06-01-2012, 11:41 PM
He could be correct.

If American voters get past his whining and condescension and insults and choose to reelect him, then possibly events will transpire as he predicts.

DragonStryk72
06-02-2012, 12:20 AM
You know, it's interesting that Clinton was President for 8 years with the Republican party hating him the entire time, and yet he somehow kept managing to get stuff done.

Kathianne
06-02-2012, 12:29 AM
You know, it's interesting that Clinton was President for 8 years with the Republican party hating him the entire time, and yet he somehow kept managing to get stuff done.

Clinton was able to work with Congress, in fact many liked him. Why was he not actually tried for the impeachment? Compromise.

On another site a very conservative member posted something today to the effect, 'I really can't decide if it was a good thing that Hillary lost to Obama in 2008, somehow I don't think we'd be where we are today. The Democrats are doomed because of Obama.'

Whether or not he's right, there's some weird times when I miss Clinton.

DragonStryk72
06-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Clinton was able to work with Congress, in fact many liked him. Why was he not actually tried for the impeachment? Compromise.

On another site a very conservative member posted something today to the effect, 'I really can't decide if it was a good thing that Hillary lost to Obama in 2008, somehow I don't think we'd be where we are today. The Democrats are doomed because of Obama.'

Whether or not he's right, there's some weird times when I miss Clinton.

The thing is, Bill never blamed things on his predecessor, or even Republicans, and he was willing compromise and find a real middle ground that was workable for both sides.

Kathianne
06-02-2012, 01:03 AM
The thing is, Bill never blamed things on his predecessor, or even Republicans, and he was willing compromise and find a real middle ground that was workable for both sides.

Yep, what I said.

logroller
06-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Makes me wonder if we're represented by politicians or political pundits.

Kathianne
06-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Makes me wonder if we're represented by politicians or political pundits.

It seems we may well be heading into very 'hard times'. If that is the reality, I'm guessing we may see more compromises coming on every level of government. Then again, I could be wrong and they quadruple down.

logroller
06-02-2012, 01:21 AM
It seems we may well be heading into very 'hard times'. If that is the reality, I'm guessing we may see more compromises coming on every level of government. Then again, I could be wrong and they quadruple down.
I like how you put hard times in quotes; reconizing there arent "easy times". I was just readin about the jobs report, that theres pressure to again ease the fed rate, but the inflation rate is a 2%, which is acceptable. With each rate decrease we get diminishing returns. At a certain point we just need to accept real growth takes time. But it appears many would rather see another boom...irregardless of the next bust.

Kathianne
06-02-2012, 01:42 AM
I like how you put hard times in quotes; reconizing there arent "easy times". I was just readin about the jobs report, that theres pressure to again ease the fed rate, but the inflation rate is a 2%, which is acceptable. With each rate decrease we get diminishing returns. At a certain point we just need to accept real growth takes time. But it appears many would rather see another boom...irregardless of the next bust.

My guess is that Toro is correct, as is the article I posted from real clear markets, the time for easing is long past, the problems are part of the problem we are now facing, those leading to these 'hard times.' But the fed, being the fed, they'll do it, again. Inflation has already come on board, though they are trying to hide it as they've done in the past. Really? Food and gas prices being left out? C'mon. Where does most of your money go?

DragonStryk72
06-02-2012, 02:52 AM
My guess is that Toro is correct, as is the article I posted from real clear markets, the time for easing is long past, the problems are part of the problem we are now facing, those leading to these 'hard times.' But the fed, being the fed, they'll do it, again. Inflation has already come on board, though they are trying to hide it as they've done in the past. Really? Food and gas prices being left out? C'mon. Where does most of your money go?

We really need a moderate President, and actual moderate, who can pull the two sides back together at this point, because we keep just slamming back and forth from far left to far right, and it's getting worse. We need a President who can bridge the gap between the two sides, and get us moving in the same basic direction.

SassyLady
06-02-2012, 03:00 AM
We really need a moderate President, and actual moderate, who can pull the two sides back together at this point, because we keep just slamming back and forth from far left to far right, and it's getting worse. We need a President who can bridge the gap between the two sides, and get us moving in the same basic direction.

I agree, however, I don't think this President is the one to do that.

DragonStryk72
06-02-2012, 03:05 AM
I agree, however, I don't think this President is the one to do that.

Nope, and I'm not sure Romney would be either, and that's a much more serious problem.

SassyLady
06-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Nope, and I'm not sure Romney would be either, and that's a much more serious problem.

Why would it be a "more serious" problem DS? Are you thinking that he will use the "Democrat Fever" excuse if Congress refuses to work with him? Perhaps.

I wish Obama had someone from his own party to give him a run for his money.

DragonStryk72
06-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Why would it be a "more serious" problem DS? Are you thinking that he will use the "Democrat Fever" excuse if Congress refuses to work with him? Perhaps.

I wish Obama had someone from his own party to give him a run for his money.

Because whoever wins, we lose. with another ratchet over to the far right, it's just going to worsen the divide even more.

Gaffer
06-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Because whoever wins, we lose. with another ratchet over to the far right, it's just going to worsen the divide even more.

I don't agree DS. Romeny is a long way from the far right. I'm not happy that he's the choice of the GOP and the media (the DNC propaganda wing), but I'm in the anyone but obama crowd, so I'll hold my nose and hope.

fj1200
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM

Ease the Fed rate? It's practically zero isn't it? Besides, the Fed is tapped out and there is nothing more that they can do. Japan had rates of zero for the longest time which did nothing to stem their lack of growth.

Abbey Marie
06-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a John Travolta movie. Sad.

Or Spike Lee's Jungle Fever. ;)

Abbey Marie
06-02-2012, 02:03 PM

DS, your posts over time lead me to think that you would feel this way whomever was nominated.
Who do you like, btw?

Abbey Marie
06-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Well, his wife blamed the right wing conspiracy for Billy's dalliances. Does that count? :laugh2:

Kathianne
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM

Well except for the fact that Romney hasn't ever qualified for the title of 'far right.' That was one of his problems in the primaries.

DragonStryk72
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't agree DS. Romeny is a long way from the far right. I'm not happy that he's the choice of the GOP and the media (the DNC propaganda wing), but I'm in the anyone but obama crowd, so I'll hold my nose and hope.

Oh, he's worse than far right, he's pretending to be far right to be the anti-Obama, and that only makes it worse. He's completely abandoned every ideal he held so that he could run. He will not bring the sides together, so basically, we're holding out hope for a real candidate in 2016

Kathianne
06-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh, he's worse than far right, he's pretending to be far right to be the anti-Obama, and that only makes it worse. He's completely abandoned every ideal he held so that he could run. He will not bring the sides together, so basically, we're holding out hope for a real candidate in 2016

Very few elected officials often go much past their pasts, regardless of how they ran. See Scott Brown in MA., very likely to be reelected.

Aeryn Sun
06-02-2012, 09:09 PM

I don't mean to quibble too much but I thought Clinton gave some strongly partisan State of the Union addresses, with plenty of credit taking for Democrats and chastisement for Republicans.

Not sure I can quantify a difference between Clinton and Obama at this time but Clinton did act smarter. Maybe it's partly because Clinton had some glaring reasons to be humble. With his failings making front page news, he knew he couldn't afford to be tone deaf the way Obama has turned out to be. I think Obama believed his insufferable Messianic press and has miscalibrated ever since.

OCA
06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Makes me laugh when I hear people arguing about this election as if it matters who gets elected.:laugh2:

We are done, over, finished...the problem is so far out of hand that it is irrepairable, not a president nor a congress, no matter its makeup, can stop the train now. This election is only to decide who will preside over the meltdown.

DragonStryk72
06-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't mean to quibble too much but I thought Clinton gave some strongly partisan State of the Union addresses, with plenty of credit taking for Democrats and chastisement for Republicans.

Not sure I can quantify a difference between Clinton and Obama at this time but Clinton did act smarter. Maybe it's partly because Clinton had some glaring reasons to be humble. With his failings making front page news, he knew he couldn't afford to be tone deaf the way Obama has turned out to be. I think Obama believed his insufferable Messianic press and has miscalibrated ever since.

The fact you can specifically pick only a few instances where he said something unflattering of republicans sort of demonstrates how very far different Obama had been. He spent the first two years in office doing nothing but blaming the other side for everything, and dismissing any ideas the party put forth, only to call them out in public as not offering any alternative solutions. Then, suddenly, we he lost control of Congress, then everyone needed to let bygones be bygones and act in a bi-partisan matter. Funny how that worked, isn't it?

06-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Makes me laugh when I hear people arguing about this election as if it matters who gets elected.

We are done, over, finished...the problem is so far out of hand that it is irrepairable, not a president nor a congress, no matter its makeup, can stop the train now. This election is only to decide who will preside over the meltdown.

Nothing is irrepairable. But you are right about one thing, the President and Congress won't fix it.

Only the people can fix it. We have to eliminate the corruption in ourselves if we want the corruption in our political systems gone. Because no matter how bad our politicians are, they are a reflection of the people.

The meltdown is not inevitable. look to ourselves, our family, and our God. We can still do amazing things.

Little-Acorn
06-04-2012, 12:56 AM
President Barack Obama cited a Republican "fever" as the reason why he hasn't been able to make progress on deficit reduction or immigration reform at a Minneapolis fundraiser today.
The remarks are one of Obama's sharpest Republican critiques

Calling it a name is "one of Obama's sharpest Republican critiques"?

That tells me a lot more about Obama's critiques, than about Republicans.

OCA
06-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Nothing is irrepairable. But you are right about one thing, the President and Congress won't fix it.

Only the people can fix it. We have to eliminate the corruption in ourselves if we want the corruption in our political systems gone. Because no matter how bad our politicians are, they are a reflection of the people.

The meltdown is not inevitable. look to ourselves, our family, and our God. We can still do amazing things.

Not gonna happen Avatar, the people aren't going to fix squat. If you haven't noticed Americans are mostly a selfish and insular people, they don't get mobilized in great numbers for political, economical etc. etc. causes, they are going to sit idly by and watch it unfold.

And God? Seriously?

darin
06-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Not gonna happen Avatar, the people aren't going to fix squat. If you haven't noticed Americans are mostly a selfish and insular people, they don't get mobilized in great numbers for political, economical etc. etc. causes, they are going to sit idly by and watch it unfold.

Kind of true - People WILL mobilize for whomever promises more free shit. Look at a black-friday sale at walmart. Same thing for whomever promises to give them something for doing nothing.

OCA
06-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Kind of true - People WILL mobilize for whomever promises more free shit. Look at a black-friday sale at walmart. Same thing for whomever promises to give them something for doing nothing.

THAT is human nature D, humans by instinct are greedy, self serving and will always look for the "free" way or the "easy way out", I am guilty of it, you are guilty of it, we are all guilty of it. Anyone on here or anywhere else who says that its not their first instinct is simply full of shit.

We will also always look out for our own singular interests first before considering the interests of a group, its just the way it is. I'm not saying that we won't help each other out from time to time but if you have a date night lined up with the wifey and you are sure to get some but you get a call from Bob and he needs help moving at the same time as the date night Bob is gonna be told "sorry".

Its just the way we are, a few far and between exceptions come to mind though...Mother Theresa, anybody want to compare theirselves?

darin
06-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I stopped being guilty of it when I was 7 or 8.

Re: Mother Teresa? Yeah - no idea there.

I can tell you most folks I know do charity acts because of how the act makes THEM (the doer) feel.

I give to/support charity because it makes me feel good. That's selfishness at its root. Not neccessarily a bad thing - but it's selfishness.

Little-Acorn
06-04-2012, 11:24 AM
and he was willing compromise and find a real middle ground that was workable for both sides.

Keep in mind that when we have an extreme-left President and Congress as we had from 2009-2011, that's when the government enacts legislations hurling the country rapidly to the left (Obamacare etc.)

When we have a President who works for compromise, as we did in 1992-1994, that's when the government enacts legislation moving the country at a moderate speed to the left (Clinton tax increases, military cuts, but Hillarycare defeated).

This is VERY important to remember when Election Day comes in November 2012. And when you wonder why people have started electing no-compromise conservative freshmen Congressmen in 2010.

fj1200
06-04-2012, 01:08 PM
When we have a President who works for compromise, as we did in 1992-1994, that's when the government enacts legislation moving the country at a moderate speed to the left (Clinton tax increases, military cuts, but Hillarycare defeated).

He didn't exactly work for compromise until around January '95 when he decided that he really likes being president.

OCA
06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
I stopped being guilty of it when I was 7 or 8.

Re: Mother Teresa? Yeah - no idea there.

I can tell you most folks I know do charity acts because of how the act makes THEM (the doer) feel.

I give to/support charity because it makes me feel good. That's selfishness at its root. Not neccessarily a bad thing - but it's selfishness.

I meant that Mother Theresa gave of herself and never put herself first, she is an exception to the rule.

06-05-2012, 12:07 AM

And God? Seriously?

Yes. Seriously. God.

People can change. We need to start one person at a time. With ourselves.

06-05-2012, 12:14 AM
THAT is human nature D, humans by instinct are greedy, self serving and will always look for the "free" way or the "easy way out", I am guilty of it, you are guilty of it, we are all guilty of it. Anyone on here or anywhere else who says that its not their first instinct is simply full of shit.

We will also always look out for our own singular interests first before considering the interests of a group, its just the way it is. I'm not saying that we won't help each other out from time to time but if you have a date night lined up with the wifey and you are sure to get some but you get a call from Bob and he needs help moving at the same time as the date night Bob is gonna be told "sorry".

Its just the way we are, a few far and between exceptions come to mind though...Mother Theresa, anybody want to compare theirselves?

Is anyone saying it isnt our first instinct? Thankfully, we are humans and dont have to let our feelings and insticts control our actions. We have choices.

Is it any wonder that the way to become wealthy is to serve others? Those that make the most money the fastest are those that find a way to provide goods and services that people can have and do so to the most people they possibly can.

Restoration isnt going to be easy. Most of all because it will go against many of our insticts. That's why God is so important. Because He can change our human nature. Through His Grace, we can be born again.

I know you don't see things the same way. Im not sure I would if I wasnt seeing it for myself. But the hand of God is out among the people. I see the system degenerating, yet I have hope for the future. Because God will Deliver us. And if things are destroyed, we will rebuild stronger. We will create the nation our Founders intended.

I think we are about see some amazing things in the world.