PDA

View Full Version : Caught up in the TV

WiccanLiberal
06-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Of all things, I got up this morning and the BBC on cable is running the flotilla in honour of the Queen's Jubilee. It's an amazing spectacle.I am one of those people who get very mixed reactions when I see something like this. My Irish side, my Dad and his family, are standing behind me in spirit urging me to throw some nasty cusses at the entire thing. My English side, my Liverpool born Granddad and Welsh great grandmother are cheering the old girl for a long and difficult reign. Let's face it, watching that many boats gotten together for anything is entertaining to watch.I am loving the way that so many of the boats are showing the history of the waterborne commerce on the rivers and canals. It seems everyone is having a wonderful time and the crowds are happy. It harks back to the sort of royal processions of centuries past but with more spontaneity and popular participation.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Of all things, I got up this morning and the BBC on cable is running the flotilla in honour of the Queen's Jubilee. It's an amazing spectacle.I am one of those people who get very mixed reactions when I see something like this. My Irish side, my Dad and his family, are standing behind me in spirit urging me to throw some nasty cusses at the entire thing. My English side, my Liverpool born Granddad and Welsh great grandmother are cheering the old girl for a long and difficult reign. Let's face it, watching that many boats gotten together for anything is entertaining to watch.I am loving the way that so many of the boats are showing the history of the waterborne commerce on the rivers and canals. It seems everyone is having a wonderful time and the crowds are happy. It harks back to the sort of royal processions of centuries past but with more spontaneity and popular participation.

I'll go to my grave wishing the best for the British people. For it was thier alliance with us that allowed the final Victory in WW2. England now faces an enemy that it foolishly invited in and I wish them well in that difficult fight.
I'm not much for Royalty but in England's case I make a rare exception. God save the Queen but more importantly God save the British people..--:salute:--Tyr

Dilloduck
06-03-2012, 04:59 PM
How DARE they change the name of Big Ben ?:death:

Nell's Room
06-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Not interested in the Diamond Jubilee, and I wish Australia would hurry up and become a Republic. We don't need the Queen as our Head of State.