PDA

View Full Version : Someone finally understands California

gabosaurus
06-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Too much California bashing has been going on lately. So I am pleased that one of our most distinguished residents (Bethany Cosentino of the band Best Coast) has composed a stirring tribute to the glories and benefits of being born and raised in the most awesome state in the union.
The rest of you can go shovel snow and rake leaves. :cool:

THE ONLY PLACE
Lyrics by Bethany Cosentino

We were born with the sun
In our teeth and in our hair
When we are bored we like to sit around
Sit around and stare
At the mountains, at the birds,
At the ocean, at the trees
We have fun, we have fun
We have fun when we please

We wake up with the sun
In our eyes
It's no surprise that we get so much done
But we always, yes we always
We always have fun
Yes we always, yes we always
We always have fun

Why would you live anywhere else?
We`ve got the ocean
Got the babes
Got the sun
We`ve got the waves
This is the only place for me

So leave your coat behind
We`re gonna make it to the beach
on time
Yeah leave the cold behind
We`re gonna make it to the beach
on time

We`ve got the ocean
Got the babes
Got the sun
We`ve got the waves
This is the only place

This is the only place for me

Dilloduck
06-04-2012, 11:39 PM
You mean this California ?

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The city of Los Angeles is violating the county health code in its Skid Row area by allowing the nation's densest population of homeless people to live on streets infested with rats, human excrement and used hypodermic needles, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has found.
An extensive agency inspection of the downtown district found nearly 90 rats' nests, mostly around street planters, people living in about 60 tents on sidewalks — some with animals — and 90 piles of human waste. The inspection last month focused on eight blocks of the 10-block district. On one block alone, close to 30 piles of excrement were noted.

http://news.yahoo.com/la-county-finds-health-code-violations-skid-row-234033525.html

fj1200
06-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Where's the chorus about the high taxes that are driving businesses to other states and the massive levels of debt?

ConHog
06-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I DO miss some things about CA

the beach
the weather
DisneyLand
fresh seafood
avacados

but everything else in that state sucks ( excepting a few people of course there are some good people in CA)

logroller
06-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Where's the chorus about the high taxes that are driving businesses to other states and the massive levels of debt?
I think that's the b-side single; doesn't get much AirPlay though.

darin
06-05-2012, 04:41 AM
I think that's the b-side single; doesn't get much AirPlay though.

How can a mp3 have a 'b side'. Side of what? You mean those way-old circular/disc-shaped vinyl things?</SPAN>

CSM
06-05-2012, 06:28 AM
That little lyric says a lot. If everyone is at the beach, who the heck is working? Oh yeah, it's CA, where the people think the government owes them a living.

cadet
06-05-2012, 06:40 AM
I thought it was just the place where we drop off our crazies....

CSM
06-05-2012, 06:43 AM
I thought it was just the place where we drop off our crazies....

They don't call it "the land of fruits and nuts" for nothing.

Thunderknuckles
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
That song explains my entire love and understanding of California...when I was 17.

gabosaurus
06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
As expected, the responses to my original post seethe with jealousy and bitterness.
You all wish you could go to the beach this weekend. :poke:

tailfins
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
As expected, the responses to my original post seethe with jealousy and bitterness.

My sister just moved from California for Boston this week. So, Gabby, who is paying your bills?

There are good beaches right where I am. I can choose between Revere, Winthrop or Hampton. If you're not on public assistance and can afford it, there also Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. When it comes to getting a job in California, many people just say something that rhymes with Nantucket.

Thunderknuckles
06-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I have a 10 day camping trip already planned down at Carlsbad Beach so pffft to you and your measly weekend :p

gabosaurus
06-05-2012, 10:11 AM
My sister just moved from California for Boston this week. So, Gabby, who is paying your bills?

My husband and I are quite able to pay our bills. That's why we live in Huntington Beach. We are upper income snobs who look down our noses at you common rabble. :cool:
I can even afford fancy underwear. The kind you wear but never sends pictures of such to Jim or ConHog.

jimnyc
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Jealousy? I would take a jet into Cali, see a Dodger game, and then get the fuck out. Whatever beauty lies in that state is completely blocked out by a bunch of ridiculous assholes in politics and another few million fucking idiots walking around without brains.

I'll take the shores of NJ, Virginia, NC, SC & Florida over Cali any day of the week., and won't have to deal with the idiots.

CSM
06-05-2012, 11:19 AM

What you percieve as jealousy and bitterness is really disdain and contempt.

logroller
06-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Jealousy? I would take a jet into Cali, see a Dodger game, and then get the fuck out. Whatever beauty lies in that state is completely blocked out by a bunch of ridiculous assholes in politics and another few million fucking idiots walking around without brains.

I'll take the shores of NJ, Virginia, NC, SC & Florida over Cali any day of the week., and won't have to deal with the idiots.
Wait...so you like the dodgers...maybe that whole brother for another mother thing is actually possible-- we were seperated at birth Brooklyn. Lately, though, not sure kick down for a flight though; lately ive been pretty disappointed in the time spent in front of the TV, ive switched to radio.
Im gonna take my son to his first dodger game this summer, I'm super excited.

jimnyc
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Wait...so you like the dodgers...maybe that whole brother for another mother thing is actually possible-- we were seperated at birth Brooklyn. Lately, though, not sure kick down for a flight though; lately ive been pretty disappointed in the time spent in front of the TV, ive switched to radio.
Im gonna take my son to his first dodger game this summer, I'm super excited.

Dodgers, Steelers, Rangers, Kentucky & Jimmie Johnson!

gabosaurus
06-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Dodgers, Steelers, Rangers, Kentucky & Jimmie Johnson!

Reminds me of an e-mail I got from my friend Katie's husband about a month ago. They were having dinner and saw a guy wearing a "Rapistberger" jersey. His dining companion wore a T-shirt that said "SteelersSuckShit."
Knowing how big Katie is and how she feels about the Steelers, I am guessing that the two dopes were lucky to escape with their personal safety intact. :laugh:

Kathianne
06-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Some folks work hard in California, it's the 8th largest economy in the world. Oh yeah, taxes and property values are way out of whack, which is why so many are leaving. They are leaving.

With that said, if the government actually got control of the situation, it truly is the Golden State. I loved my time there.

jimnyc
06-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Reminds me of an e-mail I got from my friend Katie's husband about a month ago. They were having dinner and saw a guy wearing a "Rapistberger" jersey. His dining companion wore a T-shirt that said "SteelersSuckShit."
Knowing how big Katie is and how she feels about the Steelers, I am guessing that the two dopes were lucky to escape with their personal safety intact. :laugh:

I refer to those people as "haters". People who are jealous and angry at the Steelers 6 Lombardi trophies!