PDA

View Full Version : 100 Midget March!!

Thunderknuckles
06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/06/06/dwarf-actor-group-threatens-100-midget-march-to-protest-normal-sized-actors/

Dwarf actor group is basically pissed that normal sized people were cast as the 7 dwarfs in the new Snow White movie.
Although it is somewhat humorous I find myself having to agree with them for the sake of my own consistency. I have to admit I was a little irritated at the casting of Idris Elba, a black actor, as the Norse God Heimdall in the movie Thor.

In any case, go little folks!

Mr. P
06-06-2012, 05:36 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uFmv22ghzQw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

:laugh:

jimnyc
06-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Holy shit, someone get pictures! Can you imagine 100 midgets all in one place? Follow the yellow brick road OR oompa loompa oompa dee day...

Sorry, someone had to do it! :coffee:

Thunderknuckles
06-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Cold blooded!!

jimnyc
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Cold blooded!!

I got nervous when you replied, thought maybe I offended. But truth be told, the little bastards kind of scare me, at least as they grow in population. And if you paint them orange, I'm outta here! :laugh2:

ConHog
06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I got nervous when you replied, thought maybe I offended. But truth be told, the little bastards kind of scare me, at least as they grow in population. And if you paint them orange, I'm outta here! :laugh2:

I'd love to own a midget.

Shadow
06-06-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/06/06/dwarf-actor-group-threatens-100-midget-march-to-protest-normal-sized-actors/

Dwarf actor group is basically pissed that normal sized people were cast as the 7 dwarfs in the new Snow White movie.
Although it is somewhat humorous I find myself having to agree with them for the sake of my own consistency. I have to admit I was a little irritated at the casting of Idris Elba, a black actor, as the Norse God Heimdall in the movie Thor.

In any case, go little folks!

I hear ya. It was irritating when they cast Will Smith as James West too.

If I wasn't so lazy I would have protested at the time. :)

ConHog
06-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I hear ya. It was irritating when they cast Will Smith as James West too.

If I wasn't so lazy I would have protested at the time. :)

A friend of mine went ape shit over a blonde Daisy Duke LOL called it sacrilege.

Shadow
06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
A friend of mine went ape shit over a blonde Daisy Duke LOL called it sacrilege.

Don't EVEN get me started on a female Starbuck.

I wore my 1970's vintage Dirk Benedict shirt for a month in protest to that one.;)

Thunderknuckles
06-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Don't EVEN get me started on a female Starbuck.

I wore my 1970's vintage Dirk Benedict shirt for a month in protest to that one.;)

WTF? There was a female Starbuck?! I would have burn my jock strap in protest!

Abbey Marie
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
In the new Sherlock series, John Watson will be Joan Watson. While irritating, at this point, I should be glad they at least didn't make him gay.

Along those lines, I understand the gay son in King of Thrones wasn't gay in the book, even though the other characters are basically true to the book. Go Hollyweird!

logroller
06-07-2012, 12:53 AM
In the new Sherlock series, John Watson will be Joan Watson. While irritating, at this point, I should be glad they didn't make him gay.

Along those lines, I understand the gay son in King of Thrones wasn't gay in the book, even though the other characters are basically true to the book. Go Hollyweird!
Right, but was the actor gay in real life or did they fix that in post with CG? :laugh:

PostmodernProphet
06-07-2012, 06:30 AM
I can't say it "bothered" me, but I did scratch my head when the latest Merlin series had a black Guinevere....and of course, Warehouse 13 outed HG Wells as a woman.....

gabosaurus
06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I am waiting for the planned Tea Party rally at the upcoming GOP convention. With a bit more planning, it could turn into the "Million Midget Minds March." :rolleyes:

PostmodernProphet
06-09-2012, 07:25 AM
so I watched the movie last night, and it's far worse than we imagined......not a single one of the fairies was a real fairy!.........