PDA

View Full Version : The Sixth Amendment

ConHog
06-06-2012, 12:21 PM
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence

I can't find anywhere in here when anyone is guaranteed a jury of their peers..............

Little-Acorn
06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence

I can't find anywhere in here when anyone is guaranteed a jury of their peers..............

That's OK. I couldn't find anywhere in the 2nd amendment where it made exceptions for certain kinds of weapons, but you seem to find that one easily.

Just keep looking, I'm sure you'll find this one, too. :)

ConHog
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
That's OK. I couldn't find anywhere in the 2nd amendment where it made exceptions for certain kinds of weapons, but you seem to find that one easily.

Just keep looking, I'm sure you'll find this one, too. :)

Apple meet orange