PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Democrats planning recall of President Mitt Romney

Little-Acorn
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Democrats planning recall election of President Mitt Romney

June 6, 2012
by James Wislon

CHICAGO (AP) - Secret emails obtained today from confidential sources suggest that the Democrat party is actively planning a recall election to be held against Mitt Romney in the event that he wins the General Election held on Nov. 6, 2012.

Missives sent from Democrat National Committee chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel appear to be describing details of a plan to bus thousands into Washington DC for the Jan. 20, 2013 inauguration of President-elect Romney and equip them with professionally-printed signs demanding his recall.

This reporter immediately sent an email to Wasserman Schultz, pointing out that unlike the Wisconsin state Constitution under which that state's governor Scott Walker was subjected to a recall attempt, the U.S. Constitution makes no such provision for recalling a President. That document provides only the process of impeachment for the removal of a President from office, prior to the next election four years after the first.

No reply was received from Wasserman Schultz's office as this report went to press.

Mayor Emanuel gave no official response to phone calls and emails on the subject. But he was heard to remark to a trusted aide, "No problem, we have ways of dealing with these things. Consider him Cained."

It has been independently confirmed that a large order, of unknown content, has been placed with Benson's Printing on Ross Ave. in Chicago. Benson's has place a large order in turn for a parge quantity of cardstock from Hammermill. Greyhound Bus Lines has stated only that all of their vehicles will be unavailable for charter between the dates of Jan. 16 and Jan. 25, 2013, having been assigned to "another commitment" during that time.

National wire services including Reuters, CNN, and MSNBC offered no comment on whether they had been asked to hold any stories until the Jan. 20, 2013 date.

When this reporter asked a receptionist who answered the phone at Emanuel's office number, what the grounds were for the recall effort, she apologized and explained that she was having difficulty hearing the question due to a poor connection. Contact was lost immediately afterward. Technicians are still looking into the problem.

----------------------------

Copyright (c) 2012 by AP - (Acorn Press)

Thunderknuckles
06-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Copyright (c) 2012 by AP - (Acorn Press)

:thumb:

Little-Acorn
06-06-2012, 04:00 PM
:thumb:

You'd be surprised how many people never catch that.

06-07-2012, 01:16 AM
They do realize there is no authority in the Constitution to conduct recall elections on the President, right? And yes, I know it's Acorn Press. I just want to remind people who might not think that.

Little-Acorn
06-07-2012, 03:02 PM
They do realize there is no authority in the Constitution to conduct recall elections on the President, right? And yes, I know it's Acorn Press. I just want to remind people who might not think that.

People who missed it in the third paragraph of the OP, you mean?

:D

gabosaurus
06-07-2012, 04:43 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gECJeHACCzc/Tps6euAu4OI/AAAAAAAAEBo/EQgSrO_q79k/s1600/Not-Excited-About-Romney.jpg

jimnyc
06-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Gabby, I don't want to be unfair and delete your photo when we allow others to stand in other threads - but please try and remain on topic. Humor won't make the party you support look any brighter! :lol: