PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with people today?

jimnyc
06-06-2012, 07:51 PM
This is why I feel I am protective about the society I know, as I'm afraid the less we protect it as we know it, the less we'll recognize her as time passes. I know it's still just my opinion, but for the most part I am fed up with political crap but am rather content with society I knew and grew up with. I know this doesn't summarize the current time, but SO much, one one page all around the same time? Shit like this used to be something you would only see in horror movies or maybe once every 20 years when someone was prematurely or mistakenly released from the bin.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rho2na.jpg

fj1200
06-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Access to "better" drugs.

Dilloduck
06-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Too many people, too many people who need entertainment and too much money to be made entertaining them.

jimnyc
06-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Access to "better" drugs.

Damn, I've probably tried about everything, and probably mixed them all too, but I never wanted to eat anyone! (:slap: <---- for anyone who just thought something dirty). I do drugs and eat pizza and ice cream, not another guys cheek or leg.

fj1200
06-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Damn, I've probably tried about everything, and probably mixed them all too, but I never wanted to eat anyone! (:slap: <---- for anyone who just thought something dirty). I do drugs and eat pizza and ice cream, not another guys cheek or leg.

I heard the guy from the first example was hopped up on bath salts. I don't know about the others in your list but, "things that make you go WTFaaa?"

OCA
06-06-2012, 08:35 PM
This is why I feel I am protective about the society I know, as I'm afraid the less we protect it as we know it, the less we'll recognize her as time passes. I know it's still just my opinion, but for the most part I am fed up with political crap but am rather content with society I knew and grew up with. I know this doesn't summarize the current time, but SO much, one one page all around the same time? Shit like this used to be something you would only see in horror movies or maybe once every 20 years when someone was prematurely or mistakenly released from the bin.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rho2na.jpg

Maybe they are hungry.

Dilloduck
06-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Too many people--not enough food. :laugh2:

06-07-2012, 01:13 AM
The people are ripening in Iniquity. We will either repent or we will be wiped from the land. That's the cycle of human history. Sadly, I think this is just the beginning of the horrors we will see. Let's just hope we can save a remnant of the people. Perhaps we can build a new society better than the one we are losing. I have hope for that. Because I know God is just and merciful.

Toro
06-07-2012, 05:41 AM
It's a trend. Kind of like "planking" was not long ago.

It'll pass.

Toro
06-07-2012, 05:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45WnW0ASFY

darin
06-07-2012, 06:05 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3494&d=1339067138

Stock up. Just sayin.

Toro
06-07-2012, 06:14 AM
It's a viral marketing campaign for the new upcoming Hannibal Lecter movie.

cadet
06-07-2012, 06:48 AM
And they want to take away my right to guns.

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

revelarts
06-07-2012, 10:44 AM
i'll Echo Avatar here some.

What's wrong with people today?
The same thing that's been wrong them.
We are sinners.
the only differences is the amount of lies a culture puts up with.
slipping away from God's morals only brings more of this crap.

they'll eventually be a push back because people can't stand to live "THAT far" from what we know is right in our guts and really desire in our hearts.
But sadly people will always kick at God and end up in some ditch of perversion culturally, pushing it's limits until it hurts everyone and the stink is so bad we can't ignore it as easily.

There's an account in Judges that tells of a man who was threatened at his home by a gang of pagans. He offers them his wife to leave him and his guest alone. The gang took her beat and gang raped her. she struggled back home in the morning. The husband said she was unclean and he chopped her in pieces. The rest of the nation was shocked when they heard the story. The Bible says that "in those days every man did that which was right IN HIS OWN EYES."

John the baptist and the prophets saw and dealt with similar issues over the years in their nation
They told their fellow citizens strait, REPENT!

When folks did, things changed for the better.

revelarts
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I didn't trust my memory on that story from Judges here's the full version.

In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

In those days Israel had no king.

Now a Levite who lived in a remote area in the hill country of Ephraim took a concubine from Bethlehem in Judah. 2 But she was unfaithful to him. She left him and went back to her parents’ home in Bethlehem, Judah. After she had been there four months, 3 her husband went to her to persuade her to return. He had with him his servant and two donkeys. She took him into her parents’ home, and when her father saw him, he gladly welcomed him. 4 His father-in-law, the woman’s father, prevailed on him to stay; so he remained with him three days, eating and drinking, and sleeping there....

So they went on, and the sun set as they neared Gibeah in Benjamin. 15 There they stopped to spend the night. They went and sat in the city square, but no one took them in for the night.

16 That evening an old man from the hill country of Ephraim, who was living in Gibeah (the inhabitants of the place were Benjamites), came in from his work in the fields. 17 When he looked and saw the traveler in the city square, the old man asked, “Where are you going? Where did you come from?”
18 He answered, “We are on our way from Bethlehem in Judah to a remote area in the hill country of Ephraim where I live. I have been to Bethlehem in Judah and now I am going to the house of the Lord.[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+19&version=NIV#fen-NIV-7043a)] No one has taken me in for the night. 19 We have both straw and fodder for our donkeys and bread and wine for ourselves your servants—me, the woman and the young man with us. We don’t need anything.”

20 “You are welcome at my house,” the old man said. “Let me supply whatever you need. Only don’t spend the night in the square.” 21 So he took him into his house and fed his donkeys. After they had washed their feet, they had something to eat and drink.
22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city [certain sons of Belial] surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him. ”

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this outrageous thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don’t do such an outrageous thing.”

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.
27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, “Get up; let’s go.” But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel. 30 Everyone who saw it was saying to one another, “Such a thing has never been seen or done, not since the day the Israelites came up out of Egypt. Just imagine! We must do something! So speak up! ”...

Gaffer
06-07-2012, 11:22 AM

We are sinners.

they'll eventually be a push back because people can't stand to live "THAT far" from what we know is right in our guts and really desire in our hearts.
But sadly people will always kick at God and end up in some ditch of perversion culturally, pushing it's limits until it hurts everyone and the stink is so bad we can't ignore it as easily.

There's an account in Judges that tells of a man who was threatened at his home by a gang of pagans. He offers them his wife to leave him and his guest alone. The gang took her beat and gang raped her. she struggled back home in the morning. The husband said she was unclean and he chopped her in pieces. The rest of the nation was shocked when they heard the story. The Bible says that "in those days every man did that which was right IN HIS OWN EYES."

John the baptist and the prophets saw and dealt with similar issues over the years in their nation

Silliness.

The problem is instant news coverage and creating stories by combining a bunch of related stories. Using search words. Eat, face, arm, body parts, heart, etc.

Between drugs and regular insanity you will get these stories regularly. There's a new drug called spice that is only illegal in 7 states because it's so new. Comes out of china and suppose to make people that use it go bonkers. It's said to be highly addictive.

revelarts
06-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Silliness.

The problem is instant news coverage and creating stories by combining a bunch of related stories. Using search words. Eat, face, arm, body parts, heart, etc.

Between drugs and regular insanity you will get these stories regularly. There's a new drug called spice that is only illegal in 7 states because it's so new. Comes out of china and suppose to make people that use it go bonkers. It's said to be highly addictive.

People have been eating people and killing in weird ways for a loooong time gaffer. it anit spice aint all crazy people.

human nature is a dark thing.
hows that kill all muslims project going?

Gaffer
06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
People have been eating people and killing in weird ways for a loooong time gaffer. it anit spice aint all crazy people.

human nature is a dark thing.
hows that kill all muslims project going?

Going slow.

Human nature is a dark thing. Especially when the media plays into it for the sake of their own agenda's and greed. No natural disasters to focus on, lets focus on some human nature stories and scare people that way. It's all about creating fear of something. He's coming for you Margret.

OCA
06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
The people are ripening in Iniquity. We will either repent or we will be wiped from the land. That's the cycle of human history. Sadly, I think this is just the beginning of the horrors we will see. Let's just hope we can save a remnant of the people. Perhaps we can build a new society better than the one we are losing. I have hope for that. Because I know God is just and merciful.

God cannot save us Avi, the devil is winning, way ahead in the top of the 9th.

gabosaurus
06-07-2012, 09:38 PM
too many people--not enough food. :laugh2:

soylent green is people!!

06-07-2012, 11:57 PM

We are sinners.

I think we should start the push back sooner than later. It's time we stop being against the culture of the wicked and FOR a righteous culture. Nature abbhors a vaccuum. We keep protesting against things without providing good clean alternatives.

I know, easier said than done. Especially for people with no talent.

06-08-2012, 12:02 AM

Doesn't matter. I've read the last page of the book. God wins and He can and will save us. We just need to let Him.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2012, 07:46 AM
I think we should start the push back sooner than later. It's time we stop being against the culture of the wicked and FOR a righteous culture. Nature abbhors a vaccuum. We keep protesting against things without providing good clean alternatives.

I know, easier said than done. Especially for people with no talent.

No talent isnt the big problem. The big problem is no desire and no will power.
Ever notice how good requires effort and doing evil is easy as pie?
My dad told me long ago this, "In this world Satan reigns supreme because men are weak and so often chose evil. Know this because of that , no good deed goes unpunished."
Example. My baby sister Stella just returned from India after months of being there with my oldest brother's daughter Alisa.
Alisa was there just over 3 months for treatment for MS. They just got back stateside about 3 weeks ago. My sister did a good deed by going over there to aid her niece,see her thru the risky and very tough treatment and her reward for voluntaring to go and do that good deed was after coming home to find out that she now has measles and now some eye disease too. Both contracted while she was in India, apparently the last week or so she was there. Third world countries are disease riidden hellholes.. 52 years old, measles, eye disease and feeling like she has been ran over by a train.. She's been in the hospital twice since reurning here.

Which brings me to the fact that I did a very good deed the week before my heart attack in March 2011..
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED..-Tyr

aboutime
06-08-2012, 12:53 PM

No need to debate, or argue with you, or anyone about this one.

Have no need to convince anyone, nor defend how I feel about my faith. And the Devil IS NOT winning anything.
I can prove it too!
I know what the outcome eventually will be. I've been there twice. And God did save all of us. I can prove that too!
But I have no need to do so. Not with you. Not with anyone.

By the way. There are no INNINGS in Life. Just an endless Day of Living.

red state
06-08-2012, 02:43 PM
The question is not whether Christ can save us...He can. The question is whether He has removed His protective hedge from around us. From time to time, he uses things to get our attention and we certainly have had Him poke us on the shoulder. We have listened before and we've profited from it. I fear that we have the leadership we deserve. He has been faithful to this Nation (and VERY merciful) but even the patience of the the Lord wears then eventually. We've not had TRUE leadership for the past 20 years and the occupier we now have tops them ALL. Yep, we may actually have the leader we deserve. 2012 will say it all for me and I pray that there are still a few (as with Abe praying for a few back when he went to get Lot out of the two cities that very much resemble many of our major cities of today. Still, that group had to leave or were allowed to leave. They were saved by God...but the cities weren't.

What is wrong with people today? EASY...they are ignorant, hard headed, lazy and without any standard to go by or at least a set standard that doesn't change with or go along with the flow. That is what's wrong with people today.

ConHog
06-08-2012, 05:18 PM
What's really wrong with people is that society has recently deemed it inappropriate to tell people that they are not as smart as they think they are and so every person you come across thinks they are intelligent, no matter hw stupid they really are.

A microcosm of this is American Idol. No matter how bad some of the early idiots are , their "friends" have led them to believe otherwise and so they foist their awful singing on America.

Quite a few Americans need to be emphatically told that they can't sing AND they are stupid.

Dilloduck
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKyPE8P-d4

06-11-2012, 01:42 AM
No talent isnt the big problem. The big problem is no desire and no will power.
Ever notice how good requires effort and doing evil is easy as pie?

Of course. It's because we are in a fallen state. Essentially we are in a state of decay. Entropy sets in. That's why an Atonement was necessary.

My dad told me long ago this, "In this world Satan reigns supreme because men are weak and so often chose evil. Know this because of that , no good deed goes unpunished."
Example. My baby sister Stella just returned from India after months of being there with my oldest brother's daughter Alisa.
Alisa was there just over 3 months for treatment for MS. They just got back stateside about 3 weeks ago. My sister did a good deed by going over there to aid her niece,see her thru the risky and very tough treatment and her reward for voluntaring to go and do that good deed was after coming home to find out that she now has measles and now some eye disease too. Both contracted while she was in India, apparently the last week or so she was there. Third world countries are disease riidden hellholes.. 52 years old, measles, eye disease and feeling like she has been ran over by a train.. She's been in the hospital twice since reurning here.

Which brings me to the fact that I did a very good deed the week before my heart attack in March 2011..
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED..-Tyr

I dont believe that. God watches everything we do. He will reward us in His own due time for everything good we do.