PDA

View Full Version : Pretty much everything counts as a “green job” now

4horsemenrule
06-07-2012, 03:19 AM
Perhaps this explains all those "saved/created" jobs numbers we have been told about for 3 years

The Obama administration on Wednesday acknowledged a wide-ranging definition of green jobs that includes bus driver, bicycle-shop clerk and other unexpected lines of employment, which the chairman of the GOP-led House oversight committee said is being done for clearly political purposes.

GOP Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, made the assertion during a hearing on how the administration counts so-called green jobs and the Labor Department?s recent change to how reporters can access key unemployment reports and other information.

The Labor Department "has jeopardized the integrity of employment data in some cases for clearly political reasons," he said.

Issa suggested the administration is reclassifying such jobs to prove that billions of taxpayer dollars, through the federal stimulus program, have created green, or environmentally-focused jobs a major initiative for President Obama.

"It?s about politics. It's always been about politics," said Issa, R-Calif. "If you work at the Salvation Army, that?s a green job."

When Bureau of Labor Statistics Acting Commissioner John Galvin balked on what qualifies as a green job under the agency definition, Issa responded, "Just answer the question."

"Does someone who sweeps the floor at a company that makes solar panels -- is that a green job?" Issa asked.

"Yes," replied Galvin, who also acknowledged that a bike-repair shop clerk, a hybrid-bus driver, any school bus driver and ?the guy who puts gas in a school bus? are all defined as green jobs.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/06/issa-obama-administration-classifies-jobs-with-political-purpose/#ixzz1x5rA7cLp

logroller
06-07-2012, 05:19 AM
That's awesome. I love BS! So I could build a chemical factory and plant a few trees out front and Obama will classify it as a green building, right?

4horsemenrule
06-07-2012, 03:39 PM
That's awesome. I love BS! So I could build a chemical factory and plant a few trees out front and Obama will classify it as a green building, right?

How else can Pres Obama calim he has added 2 million jobs as the unemployment rises, the overall size of the US workforce decreases, millions have given up looking for work - then by fudging the numbers?

Of course the Obama Re-election team in the liberal media ignore this story and his shrinking number of supporters continue to buy the lie Pres Obama's policies is actually improving the economy

Thunderknuckles
06-07-2012, 04:01 PM
I've only lived through 7 Presidents but I don't remember any of the former 6 re-defining so much with as much creativity. Give Obama an orange and he, along with Eric Holder, will come up with a legal definition of why it's an apple. Not even Clinton was this bad.

4horsemenrule
06-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I've only lived through 7 Presidents but I don't remember any of the former 6 re-defining so much with as much creativity. Give Obama an orange and he, along with Eric Holder, will come up with a legal definition of why it's an apple. Not even Clinton was this bad.

In the case of Pres Obama, desperate people do desperate things

He can't tell the truth about his record. If he did, even Chris Matthews would fall over clutching his chest and gasping his last breath

logroller
06-07-2012, 04:30 PM
How else can Pres Obama calim he has added 2 million jobs as the unemployment rises, the overall size of the US workforce decreases, millions have given up looking for work - then by fudging the numbers?

Of course the Obama Re-election team in the liberal media ignore this story and his shrinking number of supporters continue to buy the lie Pres Obama's policies is actually improving the economy

Kinda par for the course. Jobs reports are statistical gamesmanship. For example, if people stop looking for work, they aren't considered unemployed.

4horsemenrule
06-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Kinda par for the course. Jobs reports are statistical gamesmanship. For example, if people stop looking for work, they aren't considered unemployed.

Or if the 99 weeks of unemployment checks runs out, they are no longer counted

The REAL unemployment rate is probably about 11% right now

and that is after the trilion dollar stimulus

gabosaurus
06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Excuse me Mr. 4horsemen, but is there a reason why you have been posting so many new threads lately? Not to mention posting a rather suspicious profile pic.
You wouldn't happen to be a cancer survivor, would you? :eek:

4horsemenrule
06-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Excuse me Mr. 4horsemen, but is there a reason why you have been posting so many new threads lately? Not to mention posting a rather suspicious profile pic.

OK, I always thought the purpose ofthis board was to post threads and rspond to posts

But it is a lame way for you NOT to respond to the topic at hand. But being a supporter of Pres Obama I can understand why you would not want to comment

I had one reason to come here and that was to smack down OCA. Meanwhile I am having a little fun befroe moving on

Do you have a probelm with that?

Kathianne
06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Or if the 99 weeks of unemployment checks runs out, they are no longer counted

The REAL unemployment rate is probably about 11% right now

and that is after the trilion dollar stimulus

Higher. There are literally tens or hundreds of thousands underemployed, not collecting UI. Might be because it's run out, but for many it's because they are trying to make ends meet. Sometimes 3-5 part time jobs. No benefits, no overtime. Just minimum wage.

4horsemenrule
06-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Higher. There are literally tens or hundreds of thousands underemployed, not collecting UI. Might be because it's run out, but for many it's because they are trying to make ends meet. Sometimes 3-5 part time jobs. No benefits, no overtime. Just minimum wage.

and yet this is another Summer of Recovery!!!!!

Pres Obama should do fine in November as long as people do not have to buy food, gas for their cars, heating oil to heat their homes, pay their utility bills, and send their kids off to school

gabosaurus
06-07-2012, 04:45 PM
OK, I always thought the purpose ofthis board was to post threads and rspond to posts

But it is a lame way for you NOT to respond to the topic at hand. But being a supporter of Pres Obama I can understand why you would not want to comment

I had one reason to come here and that was to smack down OCA. Meanwhile I am having a little fun befroe moving on

Do you have a probelm with that?

http://rlv.zcache.com/gotcha_journalism_mousepad-p144202441358868704envq7_400.jpg

4horsemenrule
06-07-2012, 04:50 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/gotcha_journalism_mousepad-p144202441358868704envq7_400.jpg

I am sorry. My standards when it comes to women are much higher. You can dream about it however

OCA
06-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Don't worry Gabs, this complete piece of shit doesn't have the balls to reveal himself......he's a total pussy.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-07-2012, 06:14 PM

They would also come up with why an orange apple needs 500 billion to insure its viabilty in today's marketplace. Then seek to raise taxes to gather tens times that amount to waste in the next 5 to 10 years! Its how they play the game and thier attitude is fff-you if you dont agree!
Exactly why I call 'em ffing scum!--Tyr

MtnBiker
06-07-2012, 06:16 PM
4horsemenrule a pussy? Didn't he reveal himself when he posted a picture of himself and his wife?

gabosaurus
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Don't worry Gabs, this complete piece of shit doesn't have the balls to reveal himself......he's a total pussy.

Just waiting for the shit can to fall on the prodigal BS. :salute:

jimnyc
06-07-2012, 06:23 PM
4horsemenrule a pussy? Didn't he reveal himself when he posted a picture of himself and his wife?

I see what you did there! :lol:

OCA
06-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Nope.

logroller
06-07-2012, 07:04 PM
and yet this is another Summer of Recovery!!!!!

Pres Obama should do fine in November as long as people do not have to buy food, gas for their cars, heating oil to heat their homes, pay their utility bills, and send their kids off to school
I think you hit the nail on the head there. It's not the unemployment really; because regardless of whether you need work or not, the inflationary spending affects everyone. Not to imply being under/unemployment isn't harder, but the resounding truth is quantitative easing merely delays the evitable by exacerbating the very problems it is premised to solve. I understand the political appeal, but economically it's a bit like easing people's perception of a drought by using roof-mounted sprinklers to make it rain-- there's still a drought, and now even less water.