PDA

View Full Version : Off to Jersey again!

jimnyc
06-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Was invited to a huge bash tomorrow and a "concert" this evening, all with family.

Tonight I am going to Philadelphia, to the Starlight Ballroom - http://www.starlight-ballroom.com/

3 Bands playing, and all absolutely horrible! My brothers teenage daughter likes them and I'm more or less going for the ride (and adults can drink!)

Aesthetic Perfection, X RX & BlakOPZ <----- I dare you to lookup any of the 3 on Youtube and torture your ears!! I can't back out either, gave my word, but I ASSumed it was going to be typical rock n roll and not this techno, new wave acid rock goth animal shit!

Then a bash tomorrow in Jersey. Some guy is having a reunion at his house and he also invited my brother in law, who is bringing myself, my brother and a couple others. I don't know any of them really, just going for free booze and food. Hopefully it will be warm enough out and I'll get to see some boobies. :beer:

fj1200
06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
^I imagine Westchester appreciates the sporadic acts of beautification. :poke:

gabosaurus
06-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Geez, having to go to New Jersey for an extended time is bad enough... :rolleyes:

Dilloduck
06-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Tell Snooki we said "hi".

gabosaurus
06-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Hopefully it will be warm enough out and I'll get to see some boobies.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e295/terraphon/Me/lolboobs.jpg

Abbey Marie
06-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Eww.

Nell's Room
06-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Enjoy yourself, Jim, and take some earplugs to drown out that dreadful noise they call 'music' these days.

jimnyc
06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Party yesterday was a blast and I drank way too much, and am now paying for it. What I witnessed in Philly on Friday evening will need more time to explain, but when my stomach nauseous goes away. I need to eat. Suffice to say though, the music sucked as I expected, but there were LOTS if things there that were - unusual. The music sucked, but it's the fans. While I generally appreciate half naked women, these bands attracted like some sort of fetish people, wearing masks, blood, walking around in nipple pasties (she was about 475lbs too). My brother and I have tons of tattoos, and we looked like school teachers at this place. More later, if anyone cares.

ConHog
06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Party yesterday was a blast and I drank way too much, and am now paying for it. What I witnessed in Philly on Friday evening will need more time to explain, but when my stomach nauseous goes away. I need to eat. Suffice to say though, the music sucked as I expected, but there were LOTS if things there that were - unusual. The music sucked, but it's the fans. While I generally appreciate half naked women, these bands attracted like some sort of fetish people, wearing masks, blood, walking around in nipple pasties (she was about 475lbs too). My brother and I have tons of tattoos, and we looked like school teachers at this place. More later, if anyone cares.

Gross

jimnyc
06-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Going to bed early. Need time to recuperate. Should have stayed offline until I am less hung over.

Dilloduck
06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
drink lots of water

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Going to bed early. Need time to recuperate. Should have stayed offline until I am less hung over.

First thing in the morning take a cold beer out of the fridge , kill half of it. Then pour in a healthy does of good whiskey then kill the second one too!
Works everytime, honest Injun!-;)--Tyr

jimnyc
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Alright, I think I'm almost fully recovered now, but it may take a few posts to jog my memory of the foul filth I saw in Philly on Friday night! The people were ODD, and that's a compliment. Half shaved heads, ink plastered from their mouths to their necks to mimic puking some sort of ink or something. Fishnet EVERYTHING (socks, stockings, shirts, underwear, hats...) - many wore those gas masks as if the world was going to end. Hell, and this was all just on line waiting to get into the place!

Props to anyone who can make it through this entire video. This was the headliner that night and their best song, rated by others, not me:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LvK1-dBWejA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
06-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh, and John and I, and the poor kids, were perhaps the only ones there without our lips and eyebrows pierced. I'm afraid we scarred these poor kids. NEVER let a 14yr old determine what show to go see! LOL

Here's another example. This is the band prior "X rX" who is from Germany. How in the world a band like this ends up being able to travel is beyond me. Anyway, not for the music do I post this, but for the girls dancing. I saw a bunch there dressed like these, and they were the tame ones!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuvmQG6vEVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kathianne
06-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm thinking of not visiting those touristy finds! LOL!

jimnyc
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
And then yes, lastly, I took a little bit of a friendly beating on Saturday. It was a huge reunion party, and naturally, lots of drinking. My brother in law likes to drink till he drools and blacks out. All I know is that out of nowhere I took a shot that felt like it came from Ray Lewis of the Ravens! Then he hugged me and told me how much he loved me, and how I was able to take his best shot (he is about 6'4 260-280), he then proceeded to head butt me so hard that I thought it was Friday night again. I had a hell of a nose bleed but luckily no black eyes and no lingering effects than soreness. But payback is a bitch, and he of all people knows it's coming from me! If I can't stand toe to toe with a large animal, I break out the weapons! LOL

jimnyc
06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm thinking of not visiting those touristy finds! LOL!

I never would have found this place without a GPS. It was in the factory area, on a desolated road, and the place looked boarded up and dead. No people or cars for miles! We went for a bite to eat and came back 1/2 an hour prior to the show, and that's when we saw the evil starting to line up to get in. Should have just left right then and there, but my brothers daughter was really wanting to go.

fj1200
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuvmQG6vEVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

You know the video is going to be high quality when Princess Chaos has to press the start button on their own video recorder.

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Jim, it's events like this that makes me believe that "The Walking Dead" era is already here!

Looks like you found "Zombieland"!

jimnyc
06-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Jim, it's events like this that makes me believe that "The Walking Dead" era is already here!

Looks like you found "Zombieland"!

Did you listen to at least the 1st minute of the video I posted? LOL

And these people are on a "national tour"! WTF? I can't imagine that all these cities are filled with these nutbags. But yeah, that's kinda the look that they went for, was zombies/undead with gas masks for the guys and garter belts for the ladies! LOL Oh, and it was a prerequisite to shave your entire head, half of it, spots - but SOME portion of it had to be shaved.

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Did you listen to at least the 1st minute of the video I posted? LOL

And these people are on a "national tour"! WTF? I can't imagine that all these cities are filled with these nutbags. But yeah, that's kinda the look that they went for, was zombies/undead with gas masks for the guys and garter belts for the ladies! LOL Oh, and it was a prerequisite to shave your entire head, half of it, spots - but SOME portion of it had to be shaved.

No, I didn't listen. Just reading about your experience was enough for me to know that what I don't know won't hurt me.

Shadow
06-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Oh, and John and I, and the poor kids, were perhaps the only ones there without our lips and eyebrows pierced. I'm afraid we scarred these poor kids. NEVER let a 14yr old determine what show to go see! LOL

Here's another example. This is the band prior "X rX" who is from Germany. How in the world a band like this ends up being able to travel is beyond me. Anyway, not for the music do I post this, but for the girls dancing. I saw a bunch there dressed like these, and they were the tame ones!!!

<iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuvmQG6vEVo" frameBorder="0" width="420" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Interesting. I wonder if my kids have heard of this stuff? I will have to ask them.

Speaking of...my 16 year old came home with her lip pierced the other day. Thought you had to be over 18 to get this done? Irritated me.

logroller
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Interesting. I wonder if my kids have heard of this stuff? I will have to ask them.

Speaking of...my 16 year old came home with her lip pierced the other day. Thought you had to be over 18 to get this done? Irritated me.
I thought that was the law. I believe tanning is 16; but body art I thought you had to show ID or parental consent. Just because of the risk of infection and what not; it's a medical thing. You sure she had it done at a shop; in high school, a friend of mine pierced his own eyebrow.

And Jim, by did you go to this concert again?

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 04:08 AM
I thought that was the law. I believe tanning is 16; but body art I thought you had to show ID or parental consent. Just because of the risk of infection and what not; it's a medical thing. You sure she had it done at a shop; in high school, a friend of mine pierced his own eyebrow.

With the amount of piercings I see everyday on young kids I never thought there was a law requiring parental consent. I just couldn't imagine any parent consenting to what I see some of these kids sporting around.

Shadow
06-14-2012, 06:58 AM
With the amount of piercings I see everyday on young kids I never thought there was a law requiring parental consent. I just couldn't imagine any parent consenting to what I see some of these kids sporting around.

Yep...they even make you sign a load of paperwork just to get your ears pierced at the mall. She probably has a friend who's parent works at a piercing or tatoo place. That's the way a lot of parents I have had to deal with today are...uncaring of other parents wishes.

Abbey Marie
06-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Sometimes I think we need conscription, like Israel.

jimnyc
06-14-2012, 03:27 PM

My niece! I knew it would be a little edgy but had NO idea it would be as bad as it turned out to be!!

Here, "listen" to this, and the lyrics are below it since I know that NO ONE could understand without them...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bFH-l6Dhg5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not evil,
You're just weak,
You're too afraid to taste a thing so sweet,
It's ok,
More for me,
I think you're better off dead.

I can't deny what is a part of me,
I take joy out of your misery,
Lay down,
Lay down,
Lay down,
I guess that's what you do best.

I can't give you what you need but I can give you what you want,
I've found that all the things I love I despise,
And when you hate the things you love then learn to love the things
That you hate.

Chorus
I want one thing,
Suffering,
I want one thing,
You living in hell,
It's so much better than apologies,
I want to watch it swell,
Don't need to be the one who does it to you,
Don't need to twist the knife or push it through,
Just want to see that you're in misery too,
Just like me inside.

Their greedy eyes light up,
They're salivating,
Everyone knows there's no better way,
It's like a crime to you,
It's like the best for me,
Let it all out.

You can't give me what I need but you will give me what I want,
And then I'll leave what's left of you to the flies,
You can't give us what we need but you will give us what we want,
My dear your guests are waiting,
Time to begin

Chorus

I think you're better off dead,

logroller
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
My niece! I knew it would be a little edgy but had NO idea it would be as bad as it turned out to be!!

Here, "listen" to this, and the lyrics are below it since I know that NO ONE could understand without them...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bFH-l6Dhg5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I'm not evil,
You're just weak,
You're too afraid to taste a thing so sweet,
It's ok,
More for me,

I can't deny what is a part of me,
I take joy out of your misery,
Lay down,
Lay down,
Lay down,
I guess that's what you do best.

I've found that all the things I love I despise,
And when you hate the things you love then learn to love the things
That you hate.

Chorus
I want one thing,
Suffering,
I want one thing,
You living in hell,
It's so much better than apologies,
I want to watch it swell,
Don't need to be the one who does it to you,
Don't need to twist the knife or push it through,
Just want to see that you're in misery too,
Just like me inside.

Their greedy eyes light up,
They're salivating,
Everyone knows there's no better way,
It's like a crime to you,
It's like the best for me,
Let it all out.

You can't give me what I need but you will give me what I want,
And then I'll leave what's left of you to the flies,
You can't give us what we need but you will give us what we want,
My dear your guests are waiting,
Time to begin

Chorus

Catchy chorus; Though I found myself singing I'd be better off if he were dead.

fj1200
06-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I somehow feel inspired and uplifted. I wonder why? :confused: