PDA

View Full Version : Abso Would You Care To Comment?

Kathianne
06-09-2012, 01:34 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/mob-attacks-women-egypt-anti-sex-assault-rally-212911011.html

CAIRO (AP) — A mob of hundreds of men assaulted women holding a march demanding an end to sexual harassment Friday, with the attackers overwhelming the male guardians and groping and molesting several of the female marchers in Cairo's Tahrir Square.

From the ferocity of the assault, some of the victims said it appeared to have been an organized attempt to drive women out of demonstrations and trample on the pro-democracy protest movement.

The attack follows smaller scale assaults on women this week in Tahrir, the epicenter of the uprising that forced Hosni Mubarak to step down last year. Thousands have been gathering in the square this week in protests over a variety of issues — mainly over worries that presidential elections this month will secure the continued rule by elements of Mubarak's regime backed by the ruling military.

Earlier in the week, an Associated Press reporter witnessed around 200 men assault a woman who eventually fainted before men trying to help could reach her...

Get a sense of Déjà vu?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/15/lara-logan-suffered-bruta_n_823677.html

Lara Logan Suffered 'Brutal' Sexual Assault In Egypt

UPDATE: Lara Logan is reportedly being released from the hospital (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/16/lara-logan-being-released_n_823881.html) on Wednesday.
ORIGINAL POST: CBS News says correspondent Lara Logan "suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault" while covering the resignation of Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak.
The CBS statement (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/15/60minutes/main20032070.shtml?tag=stack):
On Friday February 11, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a 60 MINUTES story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.

In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers. She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering.

There will be no further comment from CBS News and Correspondent Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time.

On Tuesday's "CBS Evening News," Katie Couric said that she was "pleased to report" that Logan is "recovering well in the hospital."

Thunderknuckles
06-09-2012, 02:25 AM
I'll answer for him whether he likes it or not:

This does not represent real Egyptians, Muslims, or men in general.
The U.S. is evil because of [insert some bullshit here]

Kathianne
06-09-2012, 02:47 AM
I'll answer for him whether he likes it or not:

This does not represent real Egyptians, Muslims, or men in general.
The U.S. is evil because of [insert some bullshit here]

Whether fair or unfair, that too was my take. I'm hoping Abso can add somehting.

Nell's Room
06-09-2012, 03:25 AM
May I comment?

I would like to round up all those perverts and grope them, see how they liked it. Of course, my version of groping would be to squeeze their balls so hard they turned black and fell off...

Dilloduck
06-09-2012, 11:22 AM
May I comment?

I would like to round up all those perverts and grope them, see how they liked it. Of course, my version of groping would be to squeeze their balls so hard they turned black and fell off...

Who is the real pervert here ? :rolleyes:

aboutime
06-09-2012, 04:23 PM

Promises, promises.

ConHog
06-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Whether fair or unfair, that too was my take. I'm hoping Abso can add somehting.

As you suggest Abso would just respond with the stock answer of "they don't represent Islam"

Toro
06-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the 16th century.

Nell's Room
06-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Just dishing out some old fashioned justice.