PDA

View Full Version : Before I Graduated HS

Kathianne
06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEcLxnXVAc&feature=related

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2012, 10:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEcLxnXVAc&feature=related

In 1973 fresh out of high school I hitched hiked around the nation for a year . Alice Cooper was big then and the guy was a damn good singer and showman. He had many number one hits if memory seves me well. I was pretty wasted a lot back then in Michigan and saw him perform in Benton Harbor, Holland , Musgekon or Grand Rapids not sure now which one it was. I do remember how good he was and a very special hippy chick(Belinda) at that concert that made the late night very special for me! I had a year of traveling around the country and it was eye opening indeed!-Tyr

Kathianne
06-11-2012, 10:40 PM
In 1973 fresh out of high school I hitched hiked around the nation for a year . Alice Cooper was big then and the guy was a damn good singer and showman. He had many number one hits if memory seves me well. I was pretty wasted a lot back then in Michigan and saw him perform in Benton Harbor, Holland , Musgekon or Grand Rapids not sure now which one it was. I do remember how good he was and a very special hippy chick(Belinda) at that concert that made the late very special for me! I had a year of traveling around the country and it was eye opening indeed!-Tyr

I never saw Alice Cooper live, but did see, The Who, Tommy. Fell asleep, Audio overload would be my diagnosis.

Kathianne
06-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I graduated June something 1973. It was a Friday. Partied that night. Saturday morning, early left for Macomb, IL. Western Illinois University. My mom had filled out application, forged my name, and so it was. I was accepted. I'd ditched over 300 days in my jr/senior years. Go figure.

I was so angry, there aren't words. 2 years later I was at University of Chicago, a school I'd not heard of while in high school. Go figure. :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2012, 11:16 PM
I never saw Alice Cooper live, but did see, The Who, Tommy. Fell asleep, Audio overload would be my diagnosis.

I've never seen the Who in concert. Always wished that I had. I was at the July 4th 1976 Bicentennial concert in Memphis Tennessee! It was at the University football stadium, the acts were the Blue Oyster Cult (opening act), Lynyrd Skynryd, and ZZ TOP. Started at 4pm that afternoon and ended at midnight. Although ZZtop came back for a third encore and played until 1 am. Man , could I tell some stories from that episode!--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2012, 11:19 PM
I graduated June something 1973. It was a Friday. Partied that night. Saturday morning, early left for Macomb, IL. Western Illinois University. My mom had filled out application, forged my name, and so it was. I was accepted. I'd ditched over 300 days in my jr/senior years. Go figure.

I was so angry, there aren't words. 2 years later I was at University of Chicago, a school I'd not heard of while in high school. Go figure. :laugh2:

Well at least you got your life back on track. I was a damn wild young buck that went down a bad road, no jail time for anything other than fighting but I hung with a bad crowd , ended up being a bouncer for about 15 years. Those were some merry 'ole times for me for sure.-Tyr

Kathianne
06-11-2012, 11:23 PM
I've never seen the Who in concert. Always wished that I had. I was at the July 4th 1976 Bicentennial concert in Memphis Tennessee! It was at the University football stadium, the acts were the Blue Oyster Cult (opening act), Lynyrd Skynryd, and ZZ TOP. Started at 4pm that afternoon and ended at midnight. Although ZZtop came back for a third encore and played until 1 am. Man , could I tell some stories from that episode!--Tyr

LOL! Never ask me about music. I'm legally deaf, with 78% bi-lateral hearing loss. The music of our era, threw me into overload, as I said with "Tommy." I couldn't handle the noise. I do believe I 'saw' all the bands you've mentioned, but have little recollection. LOL! I've got a playbill for the Beatles in '64. I didn't see them, hell I was out of kindergarten, but my parents did. Got the ticket stubs too. Sometime going to get them appraised.

Kathianne
06-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Well at least you got your life back on track. I was a damn wild young buck that went down a bad road, no jail time for anything other than fighting but I hung with a bad crowd , ended up being a bouncer for about 15 years. Those were some merry 'ole times for me for sure.-Tyr

I was lucky, not everyone could have my crazy mom. She was crazy, God I miss her!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
LOL! Never ask me about music. I'm legally deaf, with 78% bi-lateral hearing loss. The music of our era, threw me into overload, as I said with "Tommy." I couldn't handle the noise. I do believe I 'saw' all the bands you've mentioned, but have little recollection. LOL! I've got a playbill for the Beatles in '64. I didn't see them, hell I was out of kindergarten, but my parents did. Got the ticket stubs too. Sometime going to get them appraised.

I too have hearing loss but its not from loud music . Its from shooting guns while foolishly wearing no ear protection. My best estimate is that I shot well over 50,000 rounds in about 2 dozen calibers ranging from 22 caliber to 50 caliber. Later I left guns to pursue traditional archery competition shooting. Always did extemely well at both..
Of course my hearing loss isnt that bad , about 15 % on left side and 12% on the right. I do not need any hearing aid but in a crowded room or bar with many people yapping sometimes I have a bit of problem.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2012, 11:37 PM
I was lucky, not everyone could have my crazy mom. She was crazy, God I miss her!

My mother is 85 years old and lives 4 miles from my house with my younger sister. Not a day goes by that I do not think about my dad. He has been gone 43 years now and Im 58 and still miss him as much as ever..
He was the best man I've ever known..-Tyr

Kathianne
06-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I too have hearing loss but its not from loud music . Its from shooting guns while foolishly wearing no ear protection. My best estimate is that I shot well over 50,000 rounds in about 2 dozen calibers ranging from 22 caliber to 50 caliber. Later I left guns to pursue traditional archery competition shooting. Always did extemely well at both..
Of course my hearing loss isnt that bad , about 15 % on left side and 12% on the right. I do not need any hearing aid but in a crowded room or bar with many people yapping sometimes I have a bit of problem.-Tyr

Mind was birth defect. Truth is I am damn proud of myself, accomplishing all I have with that limitation. Truth is, I watch TV with captions on, at full tilt. Makes normal hearing folks run away!LOL!

So how do I manage a class? Very well, thank you. As teacher or as a sub, setting parameters is the first thing one does. I'm up front, sort of hard to hide the hearing aids. Remind them I've eyes. The when one pushes, nearly always a boy, I'm willing to send him to dean. I'd rather not, but if the student is determined, I'll accommodate.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Mind was birth defect. Truth is I am damn proud of myself, accomplishing all I have with that limitation. Truth is, I watch TV with captions on, at full tilt. Makes normal hearing folks run away!LOL!

So how do I manage a class? Very well, thank you. As teacher or as a sub, setting parameters is the first thing one does. I'm up front, sort of hard to hide the hearing aids. Remind them I've eyes. The when one pushes, nearly always a boy, I'm willing to send him to dean. I'd rather not, but if the student is determined, I'll accommodate.

Tell me about it. Toughest teachers I had in high school were female. Back then the older they were the meaner they were. Of course so many of them were damn fine teachers too! They put 110% into it and we learned , man did we learn.. I never fault their teaching abilities , never..-Tyr

Kathianne
06-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Tell me about it. Toughest teachers I had in high school were female. Back then the older they were the meaner they were. Of course so many of them were damn fine teachers too! They put 110% into it and we learned , man did we learn.. I never fault their teaching abilities , never..-Tyr

I'm not mean. Anything but. I'm stern, in the sense of meaning 'quiet', when I say that. On the other hand, as said, I'm up front on hearing. I need to take attendance, can't fool with those that want to play. Easy, call in attendance in first 5 minutes. They'll never c ross you again.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm not mean. Anything but. I'm stern, in the sense of meaning 'quiet', when I say that. On the other hand, as said, I'm up front on hearing. I need to take attendance, can't fool with those that want to play. Easy, call in attendance in first 5 minutes. They'll never c ross you again.

Well, to be honest they were not brutally mean. They did force respect. I got into fights and got kicked out of two different schools before going to a third to finish but gave my teachers zero problems , made straight A's and most teachers really liked me. However I didnt take any crap and had many fights with older students. It was a tough school and had a lot of farmboys that were used to pushing thier weight around. I was taught by my father to never back down and have never not to this day. I've suffered a great deal all my life because of that but I can safely say that my Dad would never be ashamed of me! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2012, 01:53 AM
I used to sit during band breaks with Tom Petty drinking beer at High Rollers In Memphis Tenn. back when they were pretty much the house band or so it seemed at the time! Man, that was long ago before they were big and the dude has a wicked sense of humor. I remember telling him he was a genius and would be really big someday. His reply was funny as hell to me! He said, "Tell me something that I don't already know?" I did, I told him that the pretty chick that had been hitting on him and he seemed to appreciate so much was a dude in drag! And I was right but only knew that because my gal at that time knew the "thing's " sister. He bought me a beer and shook my hand saying, "Thanks you saved me from a bad trip. I was planning on hitting that. " I dont know if he was because I hadn't seen him hook up with any girls at all back then.-:laugh:-Tyr

PostmodernProphet
06-12-2012, 09:08 AM
In 1973 fresh out of high school I hitched hiked around the nation for a year . Alice Cooper was big then and the guy was a damn good singer and showman. He had many number one hits if memory seves me well. I was pretty wasted a lot back then in Michigan and saw him perform in Benton Harbor, Holland , Musgekon or Grand Rapids not sure now which one it was. I do remember how good he was and a very special hippy chick(Belinda) at that concert that made the late night very special for me! I had a year of traveling around the country and it was eye opening indeed!-Tyr

I find it hard to believe they would have let Alice Cooper anywhere near Holland......./grins......are you from around here, then?......

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I find it hard to believe they would have let Alice Cooper anywhere near Holland......./grins......are you from around here, then?......

No sir, I was born and raised in the South , near Memphis and the 'ole Muddy Mississippi River.
I had a friend that came down from Holland , MI. to visit and later I went up there during my travels.
Had a blast there and met lots of wild and crazy people that summmer.-Tyr