PDA

View Full Version : Bad News Monday for Obama?

SassyLady
06-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Anyone want the White House Press Secretary's job?

Pileup at the White House

By Dana Milbank (http://www.washingtonpost.com/dana-milbank/2011/02/24/ABhhJwI_page.html), Published: June 11

It has been a Junius Horribilis for President Obama.
Job growth has stalled, the Democrats have been humiliated in Wisconsin, the attorney general is facing a contempt-of-Congress citation, talks with Pakistan have broken down, Bill Clinton is contradicting Obama, Mitt Romney is outraising him, Democrats and Republicans alike are complaining about a “cascade” of national-security leaks from his administration, and he is now on record as saying that the “private sector is doing fine.”

Could it get any worse?

[snip]....

Carney had the unenviable task of confronting the full arsenal of gloom at Monday afternoon’s briefing.

The AP asked about the president’s unfortunate private-sector-is-fine remark. The Reuters correspondent asked about the economic “head winds” from Europe. Ed Henry of Fox News Channel asked about the looming contempt-of-Congress vote against Attorney General Eric Holder. Margaret Talev of Bloomberg News asked about the Supreme Court striking down Obamacare. Norah O’Donnell of CBS News asked about calls for a special prosecutor to probe leaks. Victoria Jones of Talk Radio News asked about the stalled talks with Pakistan.

Carney sought relief by calling on TV correspondents from swing states, but the one from Wisconsin asked about the failed attempt to recall Republican Gov.

Scott Walker and the one from Nevada asked about her state’s unemployment rate, the nation’s highest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/car-wreck-at-the-white-house/2012/06/11/gJQAl8MpVV_print.html

Gaffer
06-12-2012, 10:37 AM
A few more weeks like this and they'll be dusting off LBJ's I ain't gonna run speech.

Thunderknuckles
06-12-2012, 10:42 AM
I sympathize with all Presidential Press Secretaries regardless of political affiliation. It has to be one of the worst jobs in the country.

Kathianne
06-12-2012, 10:42 AM
A few more weeks like this and they'll be dusting off LBJ's I ain't gonna run speech.

We can hope!

SassyLady
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I sympathize with all Presidential Press Secretaries regardless of political affiliation. It has to be one of the worst jobs in the country.

Especially for an administration made up of elites that have no common sense.

Gaffer
06-12-2012, 01:03 PM

I think Tony Snow did a good job and made it look easy.

The job is much harder for liars.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM

That would be nice but the boy sitting in that very big chair is far too arrogant to ever do that!
He'd much rather biatch slap Michelle that even consider doing that!-:laugh2:--Tyr

red states rule
06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
The liberal media has poll questions that are sure to increase Obozo's terrible approval numbers

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc10023620120615120100.jpg