PDA

View Full Version : Absentia

logroller
06-12-2012, 05:16 AM
I haven't seen such a scary film since poltergeist when I was 4. Seriously, goosebumps through half the film. If you like to be scared-- not shocked or surprised, but frightened-- see this movie.
Funfact: the whole movie is shot on a canon 5d mark II.

Gaffer
06-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Does that mean it's one of those hand held camera movies where I will get queasy from the motion?

Abbey Marie
06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Does that mean it's one of those hand held camera movies where I will get queasy from the motion?

Excellent question.

logroller
06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
It's not Blair witch; far from it. The cinematography is on par with any Hollywood production; and probably better than most. Think Hitchcock composition only with excellent use of color-- shots of foreboding, not in your face violence and gore, leaving the viewer's mind to it's imagination. I'd liken it to dark thriller novel, where instead of the stereotypical horror response, 'don't go in there', you yearn to know what will happen next.

Abbey Marie
06-13-2012, 03:44 PM
It's not Blair witch; far from it. The cinematography is on par with any Hollywood production; and probably better than most. Think Hitchcock composition only with excellent use of color-- shots of foreboding, not in your face violence and gore, leaving the viewer's mind to it's imagination. I'd liken it to dark thriller novel, where instead of the stereotypical horror response, 'don't go in there', you yearn to know what will happen next.

Sounds good!

jimnyc
06-15-2012, 07:05 PM
I haven't seen such a scary film since poltergeist when I was 4. Seriously, goosebumps through half the film. If you like to be scared-- not shocked or surprised, but frightened-- see this movie.
Funfact: the whole movie is shot on a canon 5d mark II.

What a coincidence! :poke: :poke: :laugh2:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/absentia.jpg

jimnyc
06-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Oh, and I haven't seen it yet, but now I will! :lol: