PDA

View Full Version : Burger King bets on bacon sundae for summertime

Shadow
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Interesting.

Burger King wants to lure customers this summer with a barbecue party — and a bacon sundae.
The world's second biggest hamburger chain on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae — vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon — that started in Nashville, Tenn. earlier this year.
The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/06/12/burger-king-bets-on-bacon-sundae-for-summertime/#ixzz1xdJOGbxz

ConHog
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Interesting.

Burger King wants to lure customers this summer with a barbecue party — and a bacon sundae.
The world's second biggest hamburger chain on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae — vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon — that started in Nashville, Tenn. earlier this year.
The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/06/12/burger-king-bets-on-bacon-sundae-for-summertime/#ixzz1xdJOGbxz

I LOVE bacon dessert items.

Maple-bacon donuts for example...............

I bet this sundae is good.

WiccanLiberal
06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Nyah. If I am going to blow my precious allowed splurge calories on ice cream, it's gonna be the good stuff, not that phony chemically preserved stuff that all fastfood places seem to use.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Interesting.

I go with blackberry cobbler when I want dessert. If I can not find blackberry it's cherry or peach cobbler.
I do dark chocolate ice cream with my son Justin because he likes for me to eat a cone with him! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Nyah. If I am going to blow my precious allowed splurge calories on ice cream, it's gonna be the good stuff, not that phony chemically preserved stuff that all fastfood places seem to use.

The good stuff was always my choice too. -;)--Tyr

Shadow
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM

I kind of agree. Plus, fast food icecream = the worst brain freeze ever...seems like it lasts for an eternity. Although...Sonics coconut cream pie shakes are pretty hard to pass up sometimes.

Nell's Room
06-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Sounds disgusting.

darin
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Fav donut? Bacon maple bar.

:)

Shadow
06-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Fav donut? Bacon maple bar.

:)

Where do you even buy those...the fair? Sound like fair food. :)

darin
06-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Where do you even buy those...the fair? Sound like fair food. :)

I buy maple bars. I cook bacon the Weber till slightly crispy, the top the maple bar with the Bacon :)

Maple comes from trees = healthy.

Bacon comes from pigs that eat things like Apples and Corn = Healthy. In fact, BACON is almost PURELY vegitarian if you think about it.

ConHog
06-13-2012, 08:06 AM
I buy maple bars. I cook bacon the Weber till slightly crispy, the top the maple bar with the Bacon :)

Maple comes from trees = healthy.

Bacon comes from pigs that eat things like Apples and Corn = Healthy. In fact, BACON is almost PURELY vegitarian if you think about it.

I love me bacon, but that might be stretching things a bit. :laugh2:

fj1200
06-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I LOVE bacon dessert items.

Maple-bacon donuts for example...............

I bet this sundae is good.

Come to ATL and I'll split a maple-bacon, candy-covered apple with ya'. :) I haven't tried it yet but I would guess it doesn't suck.

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
:laugh:
You and Eric Holder have a natural gift for spin :p

I suppose I'll give the bacon ice cream a shot. My son and I should have a good time over it.

ConHog
06-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Come to ATL and I'll split a maple-bacon, candy-covered apple with ya'. :) I haven't tried it yet but I would guess it doesn't suck.

I plan on being in ATL next Dec for the SECCG as my Hogs win their first SEC title. :dance:

fj1200
06-13-2012, 12:42 PM
I plan on being in ATL next Dec for the SECCG as my Hogs win their first SEC title. :dance:

Keep hope alive brother. ;)

logroller
06-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I've got to atleast try it, just for the novelty. Apparently burger king is under new (2010) management and ownership. They were bought by a private equity firm and are undergoing a makeover. This bBQ summer theme is all part of that, which includes a variety of regional styled BBQ dishes. (memphi pulled pork, Carolina whopper, Texas whopper, sweet potato fries) Apparently they we're losing market share and have changed their target market from men specifcally, adding fruit smoothies and new salads. But i cant help but question how bacon sundaes appeal to women and children.

Kathianne
06-13-2012, 01:32 PM
We no longer have a Burger King close enough to warrant a try. However, I did happen to find this recipe, with pics:

http://rainydaygal.com/2009/12/18/day-6-bacon-cinnamon-rolls/

Two ingredients, unless you're into making your own cinnamon rolls:

Can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
10 bacon strips.

ConHog
06-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Keep hope alive brother. ;)

always my friend

Hey yall ever had deep fried bacon? YUM, but at about 1000 calories a slice, yeah.........

Shadow
06-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I've got to atleast try it, just for the novelty. Apparently burger king is under new (2010) management and ownership. They were bought by a private equity firm and are undergoing a makeover. This bBQ summer theme is all part of that, which includes a variety of regional styled BBQ dishes. (memphi pulled pork, Carolina whopper, Texas whopper, sweet potato fries) Apparently they we're losing market share and have changed their target market from men specifcally, adding fruit smoothies and new salads. But i cant help but question how bacon sundaes appeal to women and children.

Sweet potatoes must be a popular item. Wendy's has started selling them too as a sub for french fries on the combo meals.

darin
06-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Sweet potatoes must be a popular item. Wendy's has started selling them too as a sub for french fries on the combo meals.

Sweet taters are lovely. Not to be confused with Yams - which aren't related to sweet taters. In fact, most canned yams, as advertised in the stores, are actually sweet taters. True story. :)

fj1200
06-14-2012, 06:32 AM
always my friend

Hey yall ever had deep fried bacon? YUM, but at about 1000 calories a slice, yeah.........

I'm not THAT into bacon but I'm not scared of the calories. :cool:

Shadow
06-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Sweet taters are lovely. Not to be confused with Yams - which aren't related to sweet taters. In fact, most canned yams, as advertised in the stores, are actually sweet taters. True story. :)

Sweet potatoes are great. Wrapped in foil and just baked in the oven...then topped with butter. YUM. :thumb:

darin
06-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Sweet potatoes are great. Wrapped in foil and just baked in the oven...then topped with butter. YUM. :thumb:

We steam them, peel them, place them over low heat in a sauce pan - topped with butter and brown sugar :)

logroller
06-14-2012, 07:26 AM
We steam them, peel them, place them over low heat in a sauce pan - topped with butter and brown sugar :)
That's how I cook them too. Just got to thinking, perhaps I should add bacon.:coffee:

ConHog
06-14-2012, 10:25 AM

Ever had sweet potato fries? Not bad at all.

fj1200
06-14-2012, 10:27 AM
^But not really good at all either. Though the wife likes them.

CSM
06-14-2012, 05:42 PM
That's how I cook them too. Just got to thinking, perhaps I should add bacon.:coffee:

Seriously, that sounds good!

logroller
06-14-2012, 06:10 PM
^But not really good at all either. Though the wife likes them.
Add bacon. :slap:

ConHog
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
In retaliation McDonalds has announced plans to launch sausage flavored soft serve in select markets.

:lol:

Nell's Room
06-15-2012, 04:22 AM
In retaliation McDonalds has announced plans to launch sausage flavored soft serve in select markets.

:lol:

Please don't make me vomit.

aboutime
06-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Please don't make me vomit.

This nation isn't suffering from OBESITY enough?

Why don't they just name it "The PUKEWITCH".

logroller
06-15-2012, 02:50 PM
This nation isn't suffering from OBESITY enough?

Why don't they just name it "The PUKEWITCH".
Bacon-hater.:poke::laugh2:

Gaffer
06-15-2012, 02:51 PM
I love bacon, but not in my ice cream.

aboutime
06-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Bacon-hater.:poke::laugh2:

I used to love bacon. Couldn't get enough of it till the doc who performed my quadruple bypass told me. It wouldn't be wise to enjoy anymore.
Nothin' smells as good as bacon in the morning. Unless you like the smell of Napalm instead.

Gaffer
06-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I used to love bacon. Couldn't get enough of it till the doc who performed my quadruple bypass told me. It wouldn't be wise to enjoy anymore.
Nothin' smells as good as bacon in the morning. Unless you like the smell of Napalm instead.

After my by-pass I had to cut back on my bacon and sausage links. Still eat em, but not as often or as much as I use too.

Shadow
06-18-2012, 08:40 AM
This bacon dessert thing seems to be pretty trendy. Looks like the bacon donuts and bacon cupcakes have caught on. Maybe Burger King is on to something here. I would actually try the Elvis cupcake myself. Not sure about sundaes just yet.

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bacon. You can almost smell it. And while we know it's a great breakfast food, using it in dessert is the latest L.A. trend. "My mom's favorite sandwich was peanut butter and bacon and so I'm the type of person who dips bacon in everything," said Brooke Mosley, chef of Viceroy Hotel's Whist restaurant.
Five different chefs at five different restaurants all have the same thought on pigging out.
"Bacon adds a little smoky savory to your desserts you know and I think smoky and sweet blends really nicely with a little salt," said Debbie Lee of GyEnari.
Lee developed a spicy chocolate creme brulee with bacon shortbread, while Mosley created the Elvis cupcake.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/food_coach&id=7096731