PDA

View Full Version : Union organizes unemployed to lobby for new WPA

tailfins
06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
WPA = We Piddle Around

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/13/unionizing-the-unemployed/

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
When I was unemployed there was a group unemployed professionals volunteering at the unemployment office. Can't remember the name of the organization but I joined them in my search for a new job. They act as a networking group, have access to unemployment office resources, and are offered first pick of new positions that open up at various companies.
While I ultimately found my next job on my own time, they were a worthwhile group to be a part of.

Seems to me that is a more effective, proactive, and responsible way to go about finding a job than joining a union of unemployed people to bitch at the government to do something for you.

ConHog
06-13-2012, 03:00 PM
WPA = We Piddle Around

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/13/unionizing-the-unemployed/

Would be a great idea,if someone other than the government oversaw it. I'd love to see able bodied welfare collectors out working. Even just picking up trash would be better than nothing.

fj1200
06-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Would be a great idea,if someone other than the government oversaw it. I'd love to see able bodied welfare collectors out working. Even just picking up trash would be better than nothing.

Except that it was/would be cover for failure of government fiscal policy.

tailfins
06-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Except that it was/would be cover for failure of government fiscal policy.

Each We Piddle Around recipient would be supervised by 20 new government union workers making six figures.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Each We Piddle Around recipient would be supervised by 20 new government union workers making six figures.

which is why it wouldn't work under government stewardship.

fj1200
06-14-2012, 01:06 PM
which is why it wouldn't work under government stewardship.

A bit wordy you were. :poke:

Gaffer
06-14-2012, 04:03 PM
So will the unemployed have to pay dues to join this union? Who pays the union bosses and who negotiates for the workers? Will they go out on strike if their demands aren't met?

Gives a new meaning to absurd.

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
So will the unemployed have to pay dues to join this union? Who pays the union bosses and who negotiates for the workers? Will they go out on strike if their demands aren't met?

Wow, never thought about it like that. That actually is pretty absurd :laugh:

Kathianne
06-14-2012, 04:18 PM

It would be ACORN by another name, with union requirement.

Gaffer
06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
It would be ACORN by another name, with union requirement.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Why doesn't that surprise me?

Likely because ACORN and do nothing but rip the American citizen go together like tamales and refried beans.-:laugh:

logroller
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Likely because ACORN and do nothing but rip the American citizen go together like tamales and refried beans.-:laugh:
Or ice cream and bacon...Bacon and anything, really. Is there a bacon union? Wallow in your filth while getting fat on the provisions of others... Sounds like a union to me; i hope it tastes like bacon. Mmmmmmm. That's good union.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Or ice cream and bacon...Bacon and anything, really. Is there a bacon union? Wallow in your filth while getting fat on the provisions of others... Sounds like a union to me; i hope it tastes like bacon. Mmmmmmm. That's good union.

agree, LOVE bacon...........

tailfins
06-14-2012, 06:48 PM

Does going on strike from being unemployed mean you go get a job?