PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 06:18 PM
I want to see if you actually have ANY debating skills.

Pick the topic.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 06:25 PM

Pick the topic.

OK, here is the topic.

Why is Conhog such an arrogant little ass and cockalorum?
You go first with your defense... of course if you agree it will make my part just a tad bit easier.-:laugh2:--Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 06:28 PM
OK, here is the topic.

Why is Conhog such an arrogant little ass and cockalorum?
You go first with your defense... of course if you agree it will make my part just a tad bit easier.-:laugh2:--Tyr

^^ Really? Dude aren't you supposed to be like 58 years old?

I mean I guess I'll accept this as an admission that you fear a real debate with me; but disappointing just the same.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 06:40 PM
^^ Really? Dude aren't you supposed to be like 58 years old?

I mean I guess I'll accept this as an admission that you fear a real debate with me; but disappointing just the same.

Be my guest accept it anyway you care to. I will repeat again to you because you appear to be wickedly slow on the uptake. Read this slowly. I will post when ,where and how I like, not how you suggest, demand or plead for me to do.
Now you told me to pick the subject and now you try to weasel away!
After I gave you the fantastic advantage of speaking about your magnificent brilliant self!??Shocking I tell you, just absolutely shocking that with such a huge advantage that you attempt to weasel out.
Well, maybe you feared because you didnt know what the word , cockalorum means..
Here just for you is it's meaning-- A little man with an unduly high opinion of himself.
Surely such a subject near and dear to your heart would strike your fancy!
If ya too scared just bow out amigo.
I mean, backing out should be a well worn and very familiar tactic with you .--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Be my guest accept it anyway you care to. I will repeat again to you because you appear to be wickedly slow on the uptake. Read this slowly. I will post when ,where and how I like, not how you suggest, demand or plead for me to do.
Now you told me to pick the subject and now you try to weasel away!
After I gave you the fantastic advantage of speaking about your magnificent brilliant self!??Shocking I tell you, just absolutely shocking that with such a huge advantage that you attempt to weasel out.
Well, maybe you feared because you didnt know what the word , cockalorum means..
Here just for you is it's meaning-- A little man with an unduly high opinion of himself.
Surely such a subject near and dear to your heart would strike your fancy!
If ya too scared just bow out amigo.
I mean, backing out should be a well worn and very familiar tactic with you .--Tyr

Hey, if you are going to weasel out be man enough to say so. Don't just slick away after issuing such a challenge!
If you do that here and now my guess is that more people here will start to think you a bigger ass than they already do!--Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey, if you are going to weasel out be man enough to say so. Don't just slick away after issuing such a challenge!
If you do that here and now my guess is that more people here will start to think you a bigger ass than they already do!--Tyr

You realize that we have a steel cage and this is not that forum , don't you? You have claimed to be smarter than I am, so I offered to let you pick a topic and prove it.

No flames allowed in these sorts of debates, by board rule so obviously a debate about whether I'm a cuckolose or whatever would not be within the rules.

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I would love to see a debate between the two of you ... one with facts and no flames.

Topic suggestion ....

Appropriate age for children to have cell phone. Simple enough.

ConHog
06-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I would love to see a debate between the two of you ... one with facts and no flames.

Topic suggestion ....

Awful tough topic there actually. I mean each child and case is different. And how do your provide any facts?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
You realize that we have a steel cage and this is not that forum , don't you? You have claimed to be smarter than I am, so I offered to let you pick a topic and prove it.

No flames allowed in these sorts of debates, by board rule so obviously a debate about whether I'm a cuckolose or whatever would not be within the rules.

It is cockalorum you mentally challenged hero. Just as I thought you didnt even know what the word was to start with.-:laugh:

"these sorts of debates" , good grief we had not set any rules and I wouldnt trust any declaration of rules given by you to start with.

Also you did not issue this challenge in the steel cage. However we can take it there but the topic stands as is !
Otherwise piss off piss ant because you are simply attempting to weasel out of a challenge that you issued merely thinking of proving your own imagined brilliance! You told me to pick the topic. You set no guidelines or limits onthat, none whatsoever! Remember I keep telling you that accuracy counts. You keep being too dense to understand that..
Put up or shut up (weasel out- :laugh:--).. The topic stands! I took your challenge and chose the topic.-Tyr
Stop whining little man..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 07:42 PM
The entrepreneur would like to open the betting on who flames first and after how many posts.
There's no way these two silver back gorillas can control themselves :popcorn:

Shadow
06-13-2012, 07:43 PM

Topic suggestion ....

If we are going to have a debate...I would rather it be someone I haven't seen yet.

Like a combo of one of the following:

DMP
DS
PMP
Jim
LogRoller
FJ
Abbey
Gaffer
Dillo

ConHog
06-13-2012, 07:45 PM
The entrepreneur would like to open the betting on who flames first and after how many posts.

Friend, I've been controlling myself for 36 hours. Haven't insulted him at all despite his repeated flames. Please acknowledge that.

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Awful tough topic there actually. I mean each child and case is different. And how do your provide any facts?

Start with this statement from Wiki .... do you agree with it? And if so, how do you determine which child gets a phone and which one doesn't ... based on your statement that each child and case is different.

The effect of mobile phone radiation on human health is the subject of recent interest and study, as a result of the enormous increase in mobile phone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone) usage throughout the world (as of June 2009, there were more than 4.3 billion subscriptions worldwide[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health#cite_note-GSM_Association_Market_Data_Summary-0)). Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_radiation) in themicrowave (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave) range. Other digital wireless systems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_electronic_devices_and_health), such as data communication networks, produce similar radiation.
The WHO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization) has classified mobile phone radiation on the IARC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Agency_for_Research_on_Cancer) scale into Group 2B (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IARC_Group_2B_carcinogens) - possibly carcinogenic. That means that there "could be some risk" of carcinogenicity, so additional research into the long-term, heavy use of mobile phones needs to be conducted.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health#cite_note-WHO_IARC_110531-1) Some national radiation advisory authorities[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health#cite_note-AustriaPrecaution-2) have recommended measures to minimize exposure to their citizens as a precautionary approach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precautionary_principle).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I believe Mohammed Ali was a cockalorum....I like him.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 07:55 PM

Of course Im the brighter gorilla but considering the opponent that's hardly anything to brag about.:laugh:
He issued a challenge , told me to pick the topic. Accuracy counts. I picked the topic. Now he can weasel out or take this topic and all to the infamous steel cage.
If he begs I may consider changing the topic to this - Why high rated Chess players are far more brilliant than want to be Mods? He can defend the brilliance of want to be Mods and I'll defend the briliance of high rated chess players. That way we both are in very familiar territory.
Just consider this , in the old days of duels , the challenger didnt get to choose the weapons that were to be used.
Of course this is between ConHog and myself not anybody else's concern. As I have no ally(second) and need none.-Tyr

OCA
06-13-2012, 07:57 PM

Pick the topic.

OMG LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!:laugh2:

Coming from someone who has zero skills this is hilarious!

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Seems to me flaming started with post #2. Isn't calling someone a "cockalorum" considered a flame?

OCA
06-13-2012, 07:59 PM

When did you get promoted to mod?

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 08:00 PM

pot calling kettle black??? :mooning:

OCA
Seems to me flaming started with post #2. Isn't calling someone a "cockalorum" considered a flame?

No

OCA
pot calling kettle black??? :mooning:

No

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 08:02 PM
high rated Chess players are far more brilliant
Ahh yes, now I understand. Played a bit off Chess myself back in the day and know what it does to ya lol.

Shadow
06-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Ahh yes, now I understand. Played a bit off Chess myself back in the day and know what it does to ya lol.

What does it do to you?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:04 PM

Zero honor as well. For he has already started the weaseling even before the debating. He isnt even bright enough to know that accuracy counts. He issued the challenge , told me to pick the topic. Well, I did. Now he whines !
Why ? Doesn't he think that he himself being the topic is advantage enough!!!???:laugh2:
I am willing for this thread to be taken to the steel cage. That way I can blast this whining little gadfly to my heart's content. Subject matter and all. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:08 PM

Is it when the ignorant opponent has not a clue to its meaning? Which I knew beforehand and he has proven to be true. Just like he hasnt a clue what a "gadfly" is until he looks up it's definition.--Tyr

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 08:08 PM
What does it do to you?
Makes you intellectually arrogant. I used to really love Chess and read a good deal of history on former Chess Grandmasters. They're almost as bad as physicists, which also happened to be my major while in college so I was a special kind of a-hole :p

OCA
06-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Zero honor as well. For he has already started the weaseling even before the debating. He isnt even bright enough to know that accuracy counts. He issued the challenge , told me to pick the topic. Well, I did. Now he whines !
Why ? Doesn't he think that he himself being the topic is advantage enough!!!???:laugh2:
I am willing for this thread to be taken to the steel cage. That way I can blast this whining little gadfly to my heart's content. Subject matter and all. -Tyr

As us greeks say "δεν λεσ τιποτα φιλε!"....IOW you said it all! Honor is not usually a word associated with Connie.

Noticed earlier today, somewhere else on the board him touting his "achievements"..jobs, degrees etc. etc., you didn't buy any of that nonsense did ya?

OCA
06-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Is it when the ignorant opponent has not a clue to its meaning? Which I knew beforehand and he has proven to be true. Just like he hasnt a clue what a "gadfly" is until he looks up it's definition.--Tyr

"Gadfly"....damn that fits him to a "T".......you might be my new favorite poster, you remind me of, and take this as an honor, and old member from back in the day by the name of "RWA" or "RTWINGAVENGER".

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 08:12 PM

Just curious Tyr ... wouldn't those that use these words frequently know more about their meaning? You are the one bringing up the words, therefore, you must be more familiar with the meanings? I must admit that when I first saw the word I thought of OCA and banty roosters....but didn't think of either you or ConHog.

Gadfly? There are quite a few of them on this board .... and I'm sure all of us have been a gadfly at one time or another.

Shadow
06-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Makes you intellectually arrogant. I used to really love Chess and read a good deal of history on former Chess Grandmasters. They're almost as bad as physicists, which also happened to be my major while in college so I was a special kind of a-hole :p

YOU? I don't believe it ( the A-hole part that is).

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 08:15 PM
"Gadfly"....damn that fits him to a "T".......you might be my new favorite poster, you remind me of, and take this as an honor, and old member from back in the day by the name of "RWA" or "RTWINGAVENGER".

OCA's favorite poster ... crap, and I was just getting to know you....:stooges:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
What does it do to you?

He can only answer that question if he himself was ever or currently is very high rated. It's a mind game that allows the mind to go to blinding levels of brilliance. Of course it can be played at any level. Just as it can go to levels of the extremely brilliant greats such as Fischer, Kasparov, Karpov, Vishy Anand, Rubenstein, Capablanca, Alekhine, Emanual Lasker, Tal, Rueben Fine , David Bronstein, Spielman, Paul Morphy etc.

Shadow

I remember them...fun to read. :)

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
He can only answer that question if he himself was ever or currently is very high rated. It's a mind game that allows the mind to go to blinding levels of brilliance. Of course it can be played at any level. Just as it can go to levels of the extremely brilliant greats such as Fischer, Kasparov, Karpov, Vishy Anand, Rubenstein, Capablanca, Alekhine, Emanual Lasker, Tal, Rueben Fine , David Bronstein, Spielman, Paul Morphy etc.

Which can lead to insanity.

DragonStryk72
06-13-2012, 08:17 PM
If we are going to have a debate...I would rather it be someone I haven't seen yet.

DMP
DS
PMP
Jim
LogRoller
FJ
Abbey
Gaffer
Dillo

Woot! I made the list, lol. I'm up for debate, but I've given up on Tyr. He doesn't actually debate anything, so he's just a waste of time on that front, really. I refuse to believe he's a grown adult, and he can use all the long words he wants, but that is in no way maturity.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
OCA's favorite poster ... crap, and I was just getting to know you....:stooges:

Good to have verification of my judgement on him! Bet ya twenty bucks he has had to look up the meaning of gadfly just like he has likely now done for cockalorum..-:laugh2:

Shadow
06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Woot! I made the list, lol. I'm up for debate, but I've given up on Tyr. He doesn't actually debate anything, so he's just a waste of time on that front, really. I refuse to believe he's a grown adult, and he can use all the long words he wants, but that is in no way maturity.

Good glad you are up for it. I think this board needs to mix it up a bit...not have debates with the same members over and over. I will even add Missleman,Tailfins and Gaffer to the mix.

Oops I meant Rev...I already listed Gaffer :)

OCA
06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Just curious Tyr ... wouldn't those that use these words frequently know more about their meaning? You are the one bringing up the words, therefore, you must be more familiar with the meanings? I must admit that when I first saw the word I thought of OCA and banty roosters....but didn't think of either you or ConHog.

Gadfly? There are quite a few of them on this board .... and I'm sure all of us have been a gadfly at one time or another.

This rooster rules the roost and makes the ladies fill the nests with eggs each morning.:suck:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Which can lead to insanity.

That is true. However it has never been shown to have a higher rate of insanity than any other field of high level brainpower demanding work.-Tyr

OCA
06-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I remember them...fun to read. :)

Only person who EVER could stand up to me at the muddy end of the field, he was brilliant sometimes with smartass quips and after we had gone at it in public we'd pm each other with links to the flames from each other that we thought were freaking genius!:laugh2:

Then he got onto the "Jew" thing and that was it........never saw him again.

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 08:23 PM

See what I mean Shadow?

Tyr, I was a somewhat casual player in that I never played in any officially sanctioned games. If what you say about you is true, I have no doubt that you are a better player than I. But, you go around whooping enough people and you start to get a big head all the same. I don't need to play at the level of a Grandmaster to know that.

DragonStryk72
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Good glad you are up for it. I think this board needs to mix it up a bit...not have debates with the same members over and over. I will even add Missleman,Tailfins and Gaffer to the mix.

Oops I meant Rev...I already listed Gaffer :)

lol, now for a solid topic, and you know, another person to debate it with.

OCA
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Good to have verification of my judgement on him! Bet ya twenty bucks he has had to look up the meaning of gadfly just like he has likely now done for cockalorum..-:laugh2:

I had to look up "Gadfly"?:confused:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:28 PM

What rating did you achieve if do not mind my asking?
Physicists are indeed int hat league, in fact several grandmasters are and were physicists!
Also , if you do not mind answering , do you still play?-Tyr

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
YOU? I don't believe it ( the A-hole part that is).
You are too kind my dear. And thankfully you have never been around me after a good 12-pack of beer has taken its toll and the old arrogance begins to show.
Essentially, I get along with both Tyr and ConHog because I can still smell my own :p

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 08:29 PM
What rating did you achieve if do not mind my asking?
Physicists are indeed int hat league, in fact several grandmasters are and were physicists!
Also , if you do not mind answering , do you still play?-Tyr
See my prior post and no, I no longer play :(

Shadow
06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Only person who EVER could stand up to me at the muddy end of the field, he was brilliant sometimes with smartass quips and after we had gone at it in public we'd pm each other with links to the flames from each other that we thought were freaking genius!:laugh2:

That's what I liked about the old USMB board (and really what attracted me to join eventually)...the posters could debate AND were very creative in the writing department. Lots of humor too.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
See what I mean Shadow?

Tyr, I was a somewhat casual player in that I never played in any officially sanctioned games. If what you say about you is true, I have no doubt that you are a better player than I. But, you go around whooping enough people and you start to get a big head all the same. I don't need to play at the level of a Grandmaster to know that.

Sorry , had not seen this post previous to my asking about your game etc.
I am by no means a chess elitist. I do play at a very high level. I just have a great talent for it like a great musician may have had from the start on the instrument that they became famous for.
Of course it is well known about chess arrogance. But that most often at the very top rated level, meaning grandmaster. I am no grandmaster but have won and drawn games against masters and international masters in my time. I decided long ago not to try to make chess playing my career. Back then was not enough money it in it but now there are many millions to be made .
Still if you would ever care to play I am game. I am not a snob and I've always played anybody from complete novice up to high level master. -Tyr

OCA
06-13-2012, 08:38 PM
That's what I liked about the old USMB board (and really what attracted me to join eventually)...the posters could debate AND were very creative in the writing department. Lots of humor too.

Can't really get into it now in the open like this but yes the atmosphere at the old USMB was much more free.

Alot of good people in those days, probably double or triple the amount of regular posters than there currently is at DP.

ConHog
06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
A simple

"No thanks ConHog, I'm not interested in a one on one debate" would have sufficed. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:42 PM
See my prior post and no, I no longer play :(

Thats too bad. For many brilliant players give it up for various reasons and chess suffers for it.
When younger I could play about 3 boards blindfolded but can not longer even adequately play one board blindfolded. However ,with sight of the board I now do quite well.
If you should EVER care to take it back up just send me a pm and I'll give you one of my sites to join AND WE CAN PLAY! AS I STATED BEFORE I AM BY NO MEANS A CHESS SNOB. I simply love to play and come here inbetween moves to post. That's why I come and go so much here when posting weekends and late nights.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I had to look up "Gadfly"?:confused:

Say it aint so.;)
Ok. I take your word for it! So , how well do you think it fits the target I hit with it?--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Can't really get into it now in the open like this but yes the atmosphere at the old USMB was much more free.

Alot of good people in those days, probably double or triple the amount of regular posters than there currently is at DP.

Sounds like my kind of place..-- :beer:--Tyr

Gaffer
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Thats too bad. For many brilliant players give it up for various reasons and chess suffers for it.
When younger I could play about 3 boards blindfolded but can not longer even adequately play one board blindfolded. However ,with sight of the board I now do quite well.
If you should EVER care to take it back up just send me a pm and I'll give you one of my sites to join AND WE CAN PLAY! AS I STATED BEFORE I AM BY NO MEANS A CHESS SNOB. I simply love to play and come here inbetween moves to post. That's why I come and go so much here when posting weekends and late nights.-Tyr

Okay I gotta ask...How do you play chess blind folded?

Timed moves, multiple games I've heard of, but not blind folded.

OCA
06-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Say it aint so.;)
Ok. I take your word for it! So , how well do you think it fits the target I hit with it?--Tyr

I didn't have to look it up and it fits him perfectly! I imagine a big horses tail constantly swatting that idiot away!

ConHog
06-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Okay I gotta ask...How do you play chess blind folded?

Timed moves, multiple games I've heard of, but not blind folded.

Several ways to play blindfold chess , which actually just means playing without sight of the board and chess pieces.
One ways is to just call out moves to your oppenent and they call back thier moves in reply until the game is either won , drawn or stalemated. Of course that requires an opponent that can keep up with all the moves and multitude of tens of thousands possible combinations after very move once one gets past the first few moves. Other way is use a board and a third person makes the called out moves while the two players face away from the board. That way if a dispute arises the board verifies the position. At one time even being able to play two or three boards simultaneously blindfolded required authenticity of having done so to be documented by several reputable witnesses !
Now, the record was set in 1949 by grandmaster Najdorf when he played 109 boards simultaneously without sight of the boards. Of course George Kaltynoski regularly does knight tours of the board blindfolded and does so by calling the name of cities that have been randomly written on the each square of the board before play begins. He takes one look at the board before making the knight's tour and never looks again, calls the moves from memory. An amazing feat!-Tyr

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Thank you Tyr, I may take you up on that. Although I fear I am no more than a beginner nowadays. I stopped playing almost 20 years ago. However, of all games, I still look back fondly on Chess the most. I fear you may be playing the part of the Instructor :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 09:14 PM
I didn't have to look it up and it fits him perfectly! I imagine a big horses tail constantly swatting that idiot away!

I had thought that likely you hadnt had to look it up but went with your statement to the contrary in that post. It fits him perfectly. First thing that I thought after reading his posts for a few days!
You know I do not have the time to spend here like he does. I've have got about a dozen sticks in the fire at any given time and my son to care for when my wife is at work. I dont knock him for his time here just for his cocky attitude and silly posts. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Thank you Tyr, I may take you up on that. Although I fear I am no more than a beginner nowadays. I stopped playing almost 20 years ago. However, of all games, I still look back fondly on Chess the most. I fear you may be playing the part of the Instructor :)

Not a problem as I had an instructor myself for a few years, my dad . He died when I was 15 or else I could have made high master level in just a couple more years. I do have over 300 chess books in my library. My hobbies are TRADITIONAL ARCHERY(LONGBOW), GUNS(collecting/shooting), CHESS, AND MY GREATEST PASSION = BOOK COLLECTING(hardback first editions). I'VE BEEN BOOK COLLECTING FOR OVER 42 YEARS! haha my ex-wife didnt even list my library in our divorce and I will not even dare say its worth even now! A lot more than the value of our home and cash that we split! I felt justified in keeping it because I got custody of my daughter and did raise her!
Anytime my friend, I'll play and even give instructions should you want me to. Otherwise we can just play. -Tyr

Gaffer
06-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Several ways to play blindfold chess , which actually just means playing without sight of the board and chess pieces.
One ways is to just call out moves to your oppenent and they call back thier moves in reply until the game is either won , drawn or stalemated. Of course that requires an opponent that can keep up with all the moves and multitude of tens of thousands possible combinations after very move once one gets past the first few moves. Other way is use a board and a third person makes the called out moves while the two players face away from the board. That way if a dispute arises the board verifies the position. At one time even being able to play two or three boards simultaneously blindfolded required authenticity of having done so to be documented by several reputable witnesses !
Now, the record was set in 1949 by grandmaster Najdorf when he played 109 boards simultaneously without sight of the boards. Of course George Kaltynoski regularly does knight tours of the board blindfolded and does so by calling the name of cities that have been randomly written on the each square of the board before play begins. He takes one look at the board before making the knight's tour and never looks again, calls the moves from memory. An amazing feat!-Tyr

I can't even get the squares straight to call out a move while I'm looking at the board. Blind fold chess is way out of my league. "Yes Hermione, it's exactly like Wizards Chess."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 09:33 PM
I can't even get the squares straight to call out a move while I'm looking at the board. Blind fold chess is way out of my league. "Yes Hermione, it's exactly like Wizards Chess."

haha. Well, I bet if we played at one of my chess sites I could have you playing well above average in about 6 to 7months. Even faster should you have a talent for it. Some people find it difficult to start but once well explained and with practice often become extremely good at it. I've instructed well over a dozen people that were very bad starters that went on to become extremely strong players! Even very strong experts no less!--Tyr

Gaffer
06-13-2012, 09:46 PM
haha. Well, I bet if we played at one of my chess sites I could have you playing well above average in about 6 to 7months. Even faster should you have a talent for it. Some people find it difficult to start but once well explained and with practice often become extremely good at it. I've instructed well over a dozen people that were very bad starters that went on to become extremely strong players! Even very strong experts no less!--Tyr

If I ever decide to get back into it I'll let you know. Like you I tend to have too many irons in the fire. So many fun things for a retiree to do and so little time. :laugh:

logroller
06-13-2012, 09:52 PM

DMP
DS
PMP
Jim
LogRoller
FJ
Abbey
Gaffer
Dillo
I sorta had one I thought. :dunno:

ConHog
06-13-2012, 09:53 PM

:laugh:

Shadow
06-13-2012, 09:57 PM

That's true...I missed it in real time though, and I don't remember it being announced. Probably because I have been working a lot of overtime the last couple months. Sorry about that. :laugh:

What happened to LUV anyway? He has been gone for awhile.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
If I ever decide to get back into it I'll let you know. Like you I tend to have too many irons in the fire. So many fun things for a retiree to do and so little time. :laugh:

Lucky you. My wife and I both work so time for fun things is severely limited.
She doesnt gripe too much about my hobbies and my comp time playing ches and posting here and I return the favor by not griping about her shopping time and filipina movie watching that she does so much of . Of course any truly spare time for real fun comes when our five year old son is fast asleep.--Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm shocked that this thread didn't result in a real debate between Tyr and myself

/sarcasm

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm shocked that this thread didn't result in a real debate between Tyr and myself

/sarcasm

Would have and still could if you don't weasel out of it hoss.
I picked the topic and you cried about it.-:laugh2:
Accuracy counts !
One good thing, if I end up with a chess player from here because of this thread it's fine by me.
As you bore the living hell out of me jacknape.
Gonna look that one up too, are you?--:lol:---Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Would have and still could if you don't weasel out of it hoss.
I picked the topic and you cried about it.-:laugh2:
Accuracy counts !
One good thing, if I end up with a chess player from here because of this thread it's fine by me.
As you bore the living hell out of me jacknape.
Gonna look that one up too, are you?--:lol:---Tyr

Not my fault you don't know that the rules of the one on one debates precludes the debate being about name calling.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
By the way it is like having had somebody piss in your beer that you can not force me to do as you demand, ask, suggest or attempt to lead..
Get used to it hoss because admin has told me I havent been breaking any major rules here and had every right to reply in the manner that I see fit as long as it doesnt become a problem.
You apparently think everybody must yield to you.
Well let me be blunt. ( AS IF IM NOT ALWAYS SO :laugh:)
FUCK YOU AND THE PUNY LITTLE HORSE YOU RIDE AROUND ON HERE.-:laugh:
GOT THAT?--Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 10:48 PM
By the way it is like having had somebody piss in your beer that you can not force me to do as you demand, ask, suggest or attempt to lead..
Get used to it hoss because admin has told me I havent been breaking any major rules here and had every right to reply in the manner that I see fit as long as it doesnt become a problem.
You apparently think everybody must yield to you.
Well let me be blunt. ( AS IF IM NOT ALWAYS SO :laugh:)
FUCK YOU AND THE PUNY LITTLE HORSE YOU RIDE AROUND ON HERE.-:laugh:
GOT THAT?--Tyr

Tyr, no one, I repeat NO ONE has tried to force you to do anything . If you can't handle a request for a real debate, that's fine; but don't be trying to claim anyone tried to force you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Tyr, no one, I repeat NO ONE has tried to force you to do anything . If you can't handle a request for a real debate, that's fine; but don't be trying to claim anyone tried to force you.

Yes , you've tried and failed. That pisses you off to no end. Well , get used to it junior because I am not changing and certainly not obeying any bullshit from you. It doesnt matter if you ask, plead , demand or suggest because it is my decision how to reply to or even to ignore your ego-driven crap. So far I've pretty much chose to reply in exactly a manner that ill suits your little ego. Damn dude , you must think you are some kind of internet gunslinger looking for a kill! Grow up..

Thunderknuckles
06-13-2012, 11:08 PM
....and back to your regularly scheduled program :laugh:

P.S. I'd love to have a BBQ with you all if I didn't think the authorities would have to be called :p

ConHog
06-13-2012, 11:11 PM

P.S. I'd love to have a BBQ with you all if I didn't think the authorities would have to be called :p

I'd host a DP BBQ , but you're on your own getting to Arkansas and there is no guarantee that some would get home:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 11:15 PM

Just an educated guess but I'd say that without a doubt the authorities would have to be called before the first case of cold beer was consumed! I've had some experience in that area and I was not the one laying about the place that was knocked-the-hell-out! Man, younger days , dont we all miss tha hell out of 'em!-:beer:--Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 11:24 PM

I seriously doubt the authorities would need be called either. It's one thing to post "I'm a bad ass boys" it's another to actually be one. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 11:37 PM
I seriously doubt the authorities would need be called either. It's one thing to post "I'm a bad ass boys" it's another to actually be one. :laugh:

I'd bet a month's salary on you being the pretender.
Care to bet on me being a pretender? They don't not employ candy asses to be club bouncers junior. I was one for over 15 years and did the same the better part of another ten years without pay for a friend that owned a bar! Only stopped when he died and his widow sold the place. Only then because the new owner was a guy that I had knocked the hell out just a few years before! Myself , I have dozens of people that can vouch for the accuracy of my words! How about you?-Tyr

ConHog
06-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Care to bet on me being a pretender? They don't not employ candy asses to be club bouncers junior. I was one for over 15 years and did the same the better part of another ten years without pay for a friend that owned a bar! Only stopped when he died and his widow sold the place. Only then because the new owner was a guy that I had knocked the hell out just a few years before! Myself , I have dozens of people that can vouch for the accuracy of my words! How about you?-Tyr

I guess it hasn't dawned on you that you are alone in your little flame game today...

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 11:41 PM

I'll guarantee you that if there is a DP barbecue and you and ConHog bring your wives and children, there will be no brawling. Especially when we, the wives and I, give you guys "the look" ... both of you know what I'm talking about.

So, why don't both of you give it a rest. No sense in continuing to argue something that will not happen.

ConHog
06-13-2012, 11:42 PM
I'll guarantee you that if there is a DP barbecue and you and ConHog bring your wives and children, there will be no brawling. Especially when we, the wives and I, give you guys "the look" ... both of you know what I'm talking about.

So, why don't both of you give it a rest. No sense in continuing to argue something that will not happen.

That right there is some bullshit Sassy. I haven't flamed this guy all day long compared to what 14 threads he's flaming me in right now?

SassyLady
06-13-2012, 11:45 PM
That right there is some bullshit Sassy. I haven't flamed this guy all day long compared to what 14 threads he's flaming me in right now?

Did I say you "flamed him"? No.

But you guys are beating a dead horse.

How about we talk about how stupid NYC Mayor Bloomberg is. Now there is a stupid cockalorum!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I guess it hasn't dawned on you that you are alone in your little flame game today...

Sure, because you are lousy at it but you try.
You went full bore from Friday last week all thru the weekend . I tried three time to civilly restart with you but when I made a civil post and talked about my son you ignore it and flamed me on another thread. That was the last straw as far as this man is concerned!Dont try to play innocent because you were outmatched and outwitted junior.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Did I say you "flamed him"? No.

But you guys are beating a dead horse.

How about we talk about how stupid NYC Mayor Bloomberg is. Now there is a stupid cockalorum!!

I agree! A stupid but extremely and filthy rich cockalorum!
What's next, limiting how many candybars a person can buy in one purchase? It is truly insane.-Tyr

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I agree! A stupid but extremely and filthy rich cockalorum!
What's next, limiting how many candybars a person can buy in one purchase? It is truly insane.-Tyr

Today it's popcorn and milkshakes! What makes him think people won't buy two medium sized portions?!

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 12:03 AM

Well done, ConHog! You kept to the high road.

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 12:05 AM
You're the reason the authorities would have to be called Sassy. Lord knows, my lady would have her claws out watching me eyeball you all night.

/growl

Shadow
06-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Well done, ConHog! You kept to the high road.

Not really. Passive aggressive sulking is not the same as 'taking the high road'.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 12:07 AM
You're the reason the authorities would have to be called Sassy. Lord knows, my lady would have her claws out watching me eyeball you all night.

/growl

I'd be on Gabby like stink on cheese.................:laugh:

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 12:09 AM

/growl

What makes you think only men love me? I have appeal for all. ;)

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I'd be on Gabby like stink on cheese.................:laugh:

I think Gabby is more like fine wine than stinky cheese! :slap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Today it's popcorn and milkshakes! What makes him think people won't buy two medium sized portions?!

He is extremely wealthy but I bet his IQ is in the low hundreds. I doubt that he thinks very deeply about anything except money!

ConHog
06-14-2012, 12:13 AM
I think Gabby is more like fine wine than stinky cheese! :slap:

Indeed she is, not bad for a "liberal" at all.

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Indeed she is, not bad for a "liberal" at all.

She can definitely hold her own!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Not really. Passive aggressive sulking is not the same as 'taking the high road'.

Exactly. He started this thread and got bested in it real quickly. Then he tried playing the innocent bit. That just does not cut it with me. Not after he spat on three offers to restart and be civil that I generously gave over the weekend. After that, I told him no more offers . And I damn sure meant it!-Tyr

ConHog
06-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Exactly. He started this thread and got bested in it real quickly. Then he tried playing the innocent bit. That just does not cut it with me. Not after he spat on three offers to restart and be civil that I generously gave over the weekend. After that, I told him no more offers . And I damn sure meant it!-Tyr

This was a legitimate offer for a SERIOUS one on one debate, which is why it was placed in THIS forum rather than the steel cage.

You wisely chose to avoid an actual debate; but that doesn't mean my offer wasn't genuine.

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 12:28 AM
What makes you think only men love me? I have appeal for all. ;)
/faint

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2012, 12:31 AM
This was a legitimate offer for a SERIOUS one on one debate, which is why it was placed in THIS forum rather than the steel cage.

You wisely chose to avoid an actual debate; but that doesn't mean my offer wasn't genuine.

Hoss, I seriously doubt that there is a damn thing about you that is genuine!
I will however post when I want , how I want and to whom I want without any regards to your goofy ass spewings.
You just will not accept that you have no control over me. Well get used to it boy.
You will never get a 4th chance to spit on any offer coming from me!
So this let's debate bullshit is your ideal not mine. I only indulged you to laugh at your stupidity.
And because you clearly stated chose the topic. Only to find out how stupid that was .
I dare say , that you would overestimate the speed of a snail just as you overestimate your amazing , blinding brilliance and glory!! --:laugh2: --Tyr

logroller
06-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Hoss, I seriously doubt that there is a damn thing about you that is genuine!
I will however post when I want , how I want and to whom I want without any regards to your goofy ass spewings.
You just will not accept that you have no control over me. Well get used to it boy.
You will never get a 4th chance to spit on any offer coming from me!
So this let's debate bullshit is your ideal not mine. I only indulged you to laugh at your stupidity.
And because you clearly stated chose the topic. Only to find out how stupid that was .
I dare say , that you would overestimate the speed of a snail just as you overestimate your amazing , blinding brilliance and glory!! --:laugh2: --Tyr
I'll debate you if he won't. How bout this for topic: Derailing discussion threads with flaming: free speech or rules violation?

ConHog
06-14-2012, 01:50 AM
I'll debate you if he won't. How bout this for topic: Derailing discussion threads with flaming: free speech or rules violation?

Actually. He's the one who won't debate me. Your topic choise interests me though. Im game, but i get to choose sides. Id take rules violation and let you defend it as free speech

logroller
06-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Actually. He's the one who won't debate me. Your topic choise interests me though. Im game, but i get to choose sides. Id take rules violation and let you defend it as free speech
Wise choice. I intentionally framed the question to illicit that conclusion, much as Tyr did in choosing his topic. Besides, I'm abstaining from one on one debates until I get interviewed though. That was the deal on the last one. I got shorted, both in the debate and the bet.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Wise choice. I intentionally framed the question to illicit that conclusion, much as Tyr did in choosing his topic. Besides, I'm abstaining from one on one debates until I get interviewed though. That was the deal on the last one. I got shorted, both in the debate and the bet.

You have never been interviewed?

Please let me be the one to do so. If you agree I'll PM Jimmy some questions later this evening. I'm quite sure he would be amendable.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2012, 10:15 AM

How about this, you send me 250 dollars cash in advance and I'll debate you one on one?
Obviously it is a cherished desire of yours and I being a true CAPITALIST see great promise in enriching myself at the folly of others! It's the American way.-:laugh2:
What? The price of granting YOU your fond desire a bit too steep!??
Ok, I'll be generous , let's make it 200 bucks cash in advance. Deal?
That is only if it breaks no rules here. As always , accuracy counts.- :laugh2:
By the way if this catches on , my price is 1500 BUCKS CASH IN ADVANCE FOR CONHOG SIMPLY BECAUSE HIS BORING CRAP IS SO SICKENING! - :laugh2:--Tyr

ConHog
06-14-2012, 10:23 AM
How about this, you send me 250 dollars cash in advance and I'll debate you one on one?
Obviously it is a cherished desire of yours and I being a true CAPITALIST see great promise in enriching myself at the folly of others! It's the American way.-:laugh2:
By the way if this catches on , my price is 1500 BUCKS CASH IN ADVANCE FOR CONHOG SIMPLY BECAUSE HIS BORING CRAP IS SO SICKENING! - :laugh2:--Tyr

If you TRULY thought I was stupid you would have GLADLY accepted my challenge for a real debate. The fact that you will not speaks volumes.

logroller
06-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah sure. Just send me your bank account and password.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah sure. Just send me your bank account and password.

I am a Nigerian prince. I have millions to move into the US, but opening a bank account would be such a hassle and beneath one like myself. Please provide your banking information and I will make a deposit into your account. I will let you keep a portion of the proceeds.

I am on the up and up, I promise

PS would you be interested in buying a Russian bride. You send money now, my sister is cherry girl for you.

PostmodernProphet
06-14-2012, 04:35 PM

can I bet on post #1?

Abbey Marie
06-14-2012, 04:48 PM

The old RWA was great. Still don't know why he got so craay-zeee.

Ah the good ol' days. :cool:

logroller
06-14-2012, 04:54 PM

There is something about hating Jews; it's like the heroin of hate.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 05:07 PM
can I bet on post #1?

Wut? I wanted to debate the guy. That's a flame?

Kathianne
06-14-2012, 05:19 PM
The old RWA was great. Still don't know why he got so craay-zeee.

Ah the good ol' days. :cool:

Same can be said of OCA, same time frame. Indeed when RWA went nutso on me, OCA was confronting him. Go figure.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 07:11 PM
so, no debate?

Kathianne
06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
If I read tyr correctly, he's basically starting over with knowledge now of those that engage in debate/discussion and those that just flame. He's new enough, give him a chance.

Kathianne
06-14-2012, 07:59 PM
TY CH for repping this.

gabosaurus
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I would rather have Tyr debate RSR. Of course, if neither was allowed to blame Obama for anything, there wouldn't be any discussion. :rolleyes:

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Wut? I wanted to debate the guy. That's a flame?

Don't tell me you didn't notice....:flameth:
"I want to see if you actually have ANY debating skills."

darin
06-15-2012, 06:15 AM

DMP
DS
PMP
Jim
LogRoller
FJ
Abbey
Gaffer
Dillo

VERY HOT To see me at the top of your list of men you want...

To see debate.

Hotter STILL to see a lady on that list, too. :)

re: FJ/Log - I generally confuse those two and can never remember which one of them I happened to be chatting with.

fj1200
06-15-2012, 06:21 AM
re: FJ/Log - I generally confuse those two and can never remember which one of them I happened to be chatting with.

So a debate would be Rock vs. Hard Place and result in nuclear meltdown and a distortion of the space/time continuum? :cool:

darin
06-15-2012, 07:58 AM
So a debate would be Rock vs. Hard Place and result in nuclear meltdown and a distortion of the space/time continuum? :cool:

Absolutely - would be like bacon WRAPPED in Bacon. We could probably travel back in time with that kinda power.

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Absolutely - would be like bacon WRAPPED in Bacon.

nothing should be wrapped in bacon.....it is an affront to bacon-ness......

logroller
06-15-2012, 10:29 AM
everything should be wrapped in bacon.....to do otherwise is an affront to bacon-ness......
:laugh:

Abbey Marie
06-15-2012, 11:39 AM

To see debate.

You're all cool guys with whom I'd be happy to share a Manhattan/G&T/Mojito...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Shadow :cool:

gabosaurus
06-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I went to the Texas State Fair once. One of the Midway food items was Chicken Fried Bacon. You could get it in a sandwich. With extra bacon, of course. :eek:

darin
06-15-2012, 12:20 PM
You're all cool guys with whom I'd be happy to share a Manhattan/G&T/Mojito...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Shadow :cool:

B&B on the rocks.

Abbey Marie
06-15-2012, 12:30 PM
B&B on the rocks.

Thar's danger in a glass!

Shadow
06-16-2012, 09:19 AM

To see debate.

I actually have faith in all the ladies...Trigg...Trinity...Kathianne....etc. :)

Abbey Marie
06-16-2012, 09:53 AM
I actually have faith in all the ladies...Trigg...Trinity...Kathianne....etc. :)

...and you, my dear :thumb: