PDA

View Full Version : 'Game of Thrones' put George W. Bush's head on a stake

Shadow
06-14-2012, 12:43 AM
More double standards from the progressives in the entertainment industry. :rolleyes: Wonder if we will see Clinton's head on a stake...or maybe even Obama's soon?

Oh...and it wasn't a political statement....Riiight. :laugh:

One of the many decapitated heads that appeared on "Game of Thrones" last season was a prop likeness of former President George W. Bush, its creators revealed in a DVD commentary.
In the tenth episode of the first season, Sansa Stark looks at several heads on spikes. One belongs to her father, Ned, and another to the former United States president.
Show creators pointed out their use of Bush's image, but said they weren't making a political statement.

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/13/12207546-game-of-thrones-put-george-w-bushs-head-on-a-stake?lite

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 12:58 AM
"George Bush's head appears in a couple beheading scenes,"
"It's not a choice, it's not a political statement"

No, of course not. I hung president Obama in effigy on a burning cross last night and it wasn't a choice, it wasn't a political statement.

...note to President Obama: Please note my obvious sarcasm. I'm not an "imminent threat" to the United States. I love my country.
Please don't take me out with a drone strike.

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 01:01 AM
"George Bush's head appears in a couple beheading scenes,"
"It's not a choice, it's not a political statement"

No, of course not. I hung president Obama in effigy on a burning cross last night and it wasn't a choice, it wasn't a political statement.

...note to President Obama: Please note my obvious sarcasm. I'm not an "imminent threat" to the United States. I love my country.
Please don't take me out with a drone strike.

Awwhhh TK .... now you went and blew it. You can't come to the barbecue cause drones are following you. You can, however, send your wife as proxy. ;)

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 01:01 AM
More double standards from the progressives in the entertainment industry. :rolleyes: Wonder if we will see Clinton's head on a stake...or maybe even Obama's soon?

Oh...and it wasn't a political statement....Riiight. :laugh:

One of the many decapitated heads that appeared on "Game of Thrones" last season was a prop likeness of former President George W. Bush, its creators revealed in a DVD commentary.
In the tenth episode of the first season, Sansa Stark looks at several heads on spikes. One belongs to her father, Ned, and another to the former United States president.
Show creators pointed out their use of Bush's image, but said they weren't making a political statement.

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/13/12207546-game-of-thrones-put-george-w-bushs-head-on-a-stake?lite

Not familiar with "Game of Thrones" ... do people still watch HBO?

logroller
06-14-2012, 01:18 AM
I dropped hbo and Cinemax because of the price; showtime and tMC are way cheaper.

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 01:22 AM
LOL. Reminds me of an old quote from a relative living in an apartment way back in the day. I asked him if he had "On" TV. He said no. All he had was HBO, the "poor man's 'On' TV".
Don't know why that has stayed with me to this day.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 01:24 AM
LOL. Reminds me of an old quote from a relative living in an apartment way back in the day. I asked him if he had "On" TV. He said no. All he had was HBO, the "poor man's 'On' TV".
Don't know why that has stayed with me to this day.

Lol we had on tv back in the late 70s early 80s

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Lol we had on tv back in the late 70s early 80s
Yes sir!
"On" TV and "Select" TV were the only game in town prior to cable TV.
Thems were the good ole' days lol

ConHog
06-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Yes sir!
"On" TV and "Select" TV were the only game in town prior to cable TV.
Thems were the good ole' days lol

Well unless you wanted a 8' diameter dish in your yard lol

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Well unless you wanted a 8' diameter dish in your yard lol
First time I ever saw one of those massive dishes I thought "you're rich!".
Really, those things were enormous back in the day. Were they only 8'? They seemed like 12' when I was young.

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 02:08 AM
I dropped hbo and Cinemax because of the price; showtime and tMC are way cheaper.

I've never had any of the premium channels. I get enough choices with just the standard lineups.

logroller
06-14-2012, 02:20 AM
I've never had any of the premium channels. I get enough choices with just the standard lineups.
I've ran the gamut. I didn't even have cable from 2009-2011. Then my wife's friend started selling it and got us a deal, which was the family pack. But it didn't have any news or sports channels; nothing really, just locals and nickelodeon/ Disney. They design those packages so well from a business perspetive; I pay a grip ($60, including internet) for almost nothing, but for another $30 I get everything but hbo/Cinemax or the super sports every game packages.

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 04:00 AM
I've ran the gamut. I didn't even have cable from 2009-2011. Then my wife's friend started selling it and got us a deal, which was the family pack. But it didn't have any news or sports channels; nothing really, just locals and nickelodeon/ Disney. They design those packages so well from a business perspetive; I pay a grip ($60, including internet) for almost nothing, but for another $30 I get everything but hbo/Cinemax or the super sports every game packages.

I was wrong ... I have Dish satellite and I have premier package, but no premium (HBO, etc.) channels. I wanted to make sure we had the History Channel and a couple of others. Got some I could care less about, but had to pay for to get a couple that I wanted.

Have never bundled. Comcast internet, no land line, and Dish. I do love being able to record my shows so I can skip the ads.

Gaffer
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Really, those things were enormous back in the day. Were they only 8'? They seemed like 12' when I was young.

They were 10'. I had one back in the 80's. They were great at first. You could watch shows without the commercials. You could watch feeds of what was going to be presented on network channels that coming week. You could watch news feeds being sent live from all over the world. I watched live feeds from Panama when they went after Ortega.

Could also watch all the movie channels for free. There were something like 600 channels available. Then the scrambling began and it was no longer worth having.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 11:57 AM

I don't even remember to be honest. I just remember thinking like you "wow that dude must be rich" I never even watched a tv that was hooked to one I don't think.

SassyLady
06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/showbiz/hbo-bush-thrones-ew/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

HBO and the "Game of Thrones" producers have apologized for comments made on the season one DVD about a prosthetic head that looks suspiciously like our nation's 43rd President.In the commentary, show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss admit that George W. Bush's likeness appears in a scene in which King Joffrey shows Sansa Stark her dead dad's head on a stick. (Check it out on io9.com (http://io9.com/5918114/george-w-bushs-decapitated-head-appeared-on-game-of-thrones)). The alleged Dubya noggin is the last one on the left — and he's sporting some pretty bad hair."It's not a choice, not a political statement!" one of the writers say during the commentary. "We just had to use what heads we had around."Once news of the Bush head hit the internet, HBO released this statement: "We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste. We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologized immediately for this inadvertent careless mistake. We are sorry this happened and will have it removed from any future DVD production.""Game of Thrones:" Get the latest news, photos, and more (http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20470532,00.html?cnn=yes)The producing duo released their own, too: "We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc. We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk. After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush. In the DVD commentary, we mentioned this, though we should not have. We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise."On the DVD, one of the writers claims that the Bush head appears in a "couple of beheading scenes."

Thunderknuckles
06-14-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't buy a word of that apology, at least from the writers.

Abbey Marie
06-14-2012, 02:03 PM
who apologized immediately for this inadvertent careless mistake

What a crock! I do props for HS plays, and no prop is accidental. Especially in a high-budget TV series like this.

jimnyc
06-14-2012, 02:06 PM
If they really wanted to add to the gore and grotesque & wanted to sicken the masses - they should have placed a Nancy Pelosi head on the stick.

Shadow
06-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Kinda late now...but whatever. Gotta love the damage control.

HBO to edit out George W. Bush's head from 'Game of Thrones'

HBO is continuing to do damage control after producers confirmed that a model of President George W. Bush's severed head appeared in the season one finale of "Game of Thrones."

The premium cable network has pulled the 10th episode (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) of the drama from rotation on digital platforms -- including HBO Go and iTunes -- and halted all future shipments of its best-selling Season 1 DVD set, The Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/) has confirmed.

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/15/12243996-hbo-to-edit-out-george-w-bushs-head-from-game-of-thrones?lite

Gaffer
06-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Kinda late now...but whatever. Gotta love the damage control.

HBO to edit out George W. Bush's head from 'Game of Thrones'

HBO is continuing to do damage control after producers confirmed that a model of President George W. Bush's severed head appeared in the season one finale of "Game of Thrones."

The premium cable network has pulled the 10th episode (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) of the drama from rotation on digital platforms -- including HBO Go and iTunes -- and halted all future shipments of its best-selling Season 1 DVD set, The Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/) has confirmed.

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/15/12243996-hbo-to-edit-out-george-w-bushs-head-from-game-of-thrones?lite

They're too late. Horse say goodbye to barn.

Shadow
06-16-2012, 09:23 AM
They're too late. Horse say goodbye to barn.

All this will do is create a reason for the scalpers to try to make big bucks selling the original DVD on Ebay. :rolleyes:

red states rule
06-16-2012, 09:23 AM
So let me get this straight

It is OK to murder Pres bush, cut off his head, and put it on a stake

But you can't photo shop a pic of Obozo like this because it might be "racist" or "offensive" to libs?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UcFn_ow1mDY/ToXbEh5RjHI/AAAAAAAAATY/pRhck0lHHBU/s400/funny_images_of_obama+1.jpg

Abbey Marie
06-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I think they are doing a lot, actually, to try to rectify it. I hope the financial hit they take will dissuade some from doing such things in the future.

red states rule
06-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I think they are doing a lot, actually, to try to rectify it. I hope the financial hit they take will dissuade some from doing such things in the future.

Abby, the ONLY reason they will "rectify" it is because it is costing them money. The fact the libs laugh at the murder of Pres Bush is fine, but don't let them lose any revenue over it

red states rule
06-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Flashback - Showtime Showcased Barbara Bush’s Abortion of Son George W

The left hate of Pres George W Bush is an obsession

In the January 28 episode, university chancellor “Phyllis,” played by Cybill Shepherd, warns “Bette Porter,” the dean of the university’s art school played by Jennifer Beals, that big potential donor “Skip Collins,” who is coming for a visit, is quite conservative: “Conservative is a little left of where he is. He and George W. grew up playing G.I. Joes together.”

So, Bette Porter asks “Jodi Lerner,” an “artist-in-residence” played by Marlee Matlin, to hide anything in her sculpture studio which would upset Collins. Instead, she puts the Bush abortion sculpture in the center of the art studio. When Porter pulls her aside to complain, Lerner lectures: “My understanding was that you wanted me to capitulate to some asshole’s reptilian politics to get money out of him and that I will never do.”

Lerner then announces to Collins: “This is called the ‘Unauthorized Abortion of W.’ Some of the most powerful student work I’ve seen.” Collins, seeing the sculpture with a vacuum cleaner at its base, fires back: “It’s an abomination and an abuse of university funds.” Porter pleads with him: “Look Skip, don’t you think, really, that the primary purpose of a university is to provide a safe haven to explore ideas and expand boundaries?” Collins: “Not on my dollar.”

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2012/06/16/flashback-showtime-showcased-barbara-bush-s-abortion-son-george-w#ixzz1y2qqOD9b

Missileman
06-17-2012, 09:50 AM

IMO, Game of Thrones is the best show on TV right now.