PDA

View Full Version : Con vs...everyone?

darin
06-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Con, T-Z, Oca...I basically like you guys, but I really wish you'd knock it off. But your egos are much too involved. Doesn't matter who started what - if you want this to end (and I suspect parts of y'all really LIKE the drama), just stop.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Con, T-Z, Oca...I basically like you guys, but I really wish you'd knock it off. But your egos are much too involved. Doesn't matter who started what - if you want this to end (and I suspect parts of y'all really LIKE the drama), just stop.

I must object to this thread on a few fronts.

First RE: OCA - For the most part he and I keep our "fights" relegated to the Steel Cage. Neither of us chases the other around the board in multiple threads with no other purpose but to flame. So consequently, anyone who is reading our "fights" is doing so because they CHOSE to.

Second RE: Tyr - Unlike the aforementioned OCA , this guy has no regard for which thread he flames in, last night he was flaming me in 14 separate threads NONE of which were located in the Steel Cage until moved there b/c of his derailing.

Additionally, he claims that I "started it" because I posted that he's loony in his political beliefs and needs to make his posts legible. His responses have been to call me gay,stupid,inadequate in bed, dishonorable, and a crybaby. See, my "flames" were on point of the topic at hand, his flames not so much.....

Likewise , you won't find threads where I am flaming Tyr despite the fact that he isn't even posting IN the thread. Nor will you find me douching up a thread about a television show with flames.

I resent the hell out this thread being entitled ConHog anything which implies that you are "blaming" me for shit. Why haven't you labeled LogRoller vs............ or FJ vs................? which brings up yet another fact, if that asshole is fighting with those two guys one might want to consider that HE is only here to fight.

I'll take my blame for things I do Darin, but I don't break board rules, I don't stalk people from thread to thread, and I don't tell other people they are stupid and I am superior to them. I might say that someone's opinion about something is stupid, but I don't call them stupid.

It's been almost 48 hours since I made anything close to a flame towards that guy, meanwhile he's been clogging the board up with them towards me.

If I'm going to be "blamed" regardless of whether I participate or not, I may as well get in my shots.............

jimnyc
06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
^ Me believeth that the man above me took the wording a little too seriously.

Con, the point he is making is that if not for egos, this drama would have disappeared awhile back. He clearly wrote that he liked you guys and also clearly wrote that more than one person was involved. Since you replied, I'll ask you the same question I've asked you many times now - if Tyr or OCA bug you, why not just place them on ignore and do away with the issue? And I'll ask the others the same ahead of time. It's sure as hell better than seeing the crap in every other thread - REGARDLESS of who starts it, who ends it and who is worse. It can't go very far if it's one or no participants.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 06:01 PM
^ Me believeth that the man above me took the wording a little too seriously.

Con, the point he is making is that if not for egos, this drama would have disappeared awhile back. He clearly wrote that he liked you guys and also clearly wrote that more than one person was involved. Since you replied, I'll ask you the same question I've asked you many times now - if Tyr or OCA bug you, why not just place them on ignore and do away with the issue? And I'll ask the others the same ahead of time. It's sure as hell better than seeing the crap in every other thread - REGARDLESS of who starts it, who ends it and who is worse. It can't go very far if it's one or no participants.

And I'll answer just the same in public as I have in private.

I shouldn't have to ignore someone who is breaking the rules of the board to get it to stop, and yes I do admit my ego flares up when a person is flaming me left and right and I'm not even saying shit, and then BOOM some third party comes into the thread and blames me never saying shit to the other person.

Again, I will reference OCA, he's a cock sucker, but for the most part he keeps his flames in the appropriate forum, and he doesn't run around in multiple threads flaming and consequently the only time I've even mentioned him to you ( other than making fun of him of course) is when he's broken a board rule, IE brought family into it or what have you. Why? Because I don't deny liking the flames.

But flames are like dessert after the meal. I don't like my dessert touching my dinner and I don't like my flames touching my real threads (and by flames I mean repeated attacks, not just the occasional zinger)

I don't want to ignore Tyr, I want the coward to actually engage in a real debate somewhere. I think there is a reason he won't.

And yes, I want it acknowledged that I attempted to let things die down and instead Tyr went full on retard, so then why is HE not being called out?

Oh, and I didn't take Darin's comments to mean he disliked me or didn't want me around or anything of the sort, so that's not it at all.

jimnyc
06-14-2012, 06:07 PM
I shouldn't have to ignore someone who is breaking the rules of the board to get it to stop

You can pretty much drop the "breaking of the rules" and let staff worry about determining when that happens and how to apply moderation.

As for the rest, I pretty much stopped here. Anyone who REALLY doesn't want to deal with another would place them on ignore. You've refused to do so with every member you have ever had a problem with. That's your choice.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM
You can pretty much drop the "breaking of the rules" and let staff worry about determining when that happens and how to apply moderation.

As for the rest, I pretty much stopped here. Anyone who REALLY doesn't want to deal with another would place them on ignore. You've refused to do so with every member you have ever had a problem with. That's your choice.

my OPINION is that he breaks the rules, and that's all I was saying. Better?

And you're right I refuse to place people on ignore. My placing them on ignore or not has NO bearing on how THEY behave.

So I will reiterate. The OP implied that I was fighting with Tyr in a bunch of threads. That simply isn't true, what IS true is that Tyr was flaming me in a bunch of threads. I was not retaliating, and got called out anyway.

jimnyc
06-14-2012, 06:17 PM
my OPINION is that he breaks the rules, and that's all I was saying. Better?

And you're right I refuse to place people on ignore. My placing them on ignore or not has NO bearing on how THEY behave.

So I will reiterate. The OP implied that I was fighting with Tyr in a bunch of threads. That simply isn't true, what IS true is that Tyr was flaming me in a bunch of threads. I was not retaliating, and got called out anyway.

Um, yes, it will. If you don't engage them in return, they will likely cease trying to communicate with you. I'm not saying you went clear out of your way with nasty flames to anyone, but you sure as shit did in fact engage the very people you have complained about. You engage, they engage,m and after awhile it all becomes crap and no one cares. I see all the names involved guilty of continuing the crap, whether at lesser evils or at different times. The only real way to make the problems go away for sure, is to place them on ignore, and you have continually refused to do this through a shitload of members now. Ignore them, and as far as your concerned they are gone. But don't engage members and then have a falling out, and then expect staff to micro manage threads in every corner of the forum because 2 members can't seem to be civil with one another.

ConHog
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Um, yes, it will. If you don't engage them in return, they will likely cease trying to communicate with you. I'm not saying you went clear out of your way with nasty flames to anyone, but you sure as shit did in fact engage the very people you have complained about. You engage, they engage,m and after awhile it all becomes crap and no one cares. I see all the names involved guilty of continuing the crap, whether at lesser evils or at different times. The only real way to make the problems go away for sure, is to place them on ignore, and you have continually refused to do this through a shitload of members now. Ignore them, and as far as your concerned they are gone. But don't engage members and then have a falling out, and then expect staff to micro manage threads in every corner of the forum because 2 members can't seem to be civil with one another.

I didn't expect you to do anything Jim. I'm not the one who started this thread.

I report it when I suspect a rules violation, what you do with that report is up to you, but I don't EXPECT anything.

AND I've already stated, I like to flame to, in the appropriate forum, so I try to keep it there precisely so you don't have to micro manage anything.

darin
06-15-2012, 03:24 AM
Dude, CH - bro, you deflect and deny.