PDA

View Full Version : Obama Skips Out on Lunch Bill

red states rule
06-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Why is this a surprise? Obama expects someone else to pay his $5 trillion dollar plus spending spree

Amid the bustle of President Obama’s surprise stop for barbecue (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/06/obama-celebrates-fathers-day-with-bbq-lunch/) Wednesday the White House apparently overlooked one key detail: the bill.

Celebrating Father’s Day early, the president had lunch with two service members and two local barbers at Kenny’s BBQ on Capitol Hill.

As the group chatted about fatherhood, the president enjoyed a steaming plate of pork ribs with hot sauce, collard greens, red beans and rice and cornbread.

The bill for the president and his four guests was $55.58, but was left unpaid at the point of sale, according to pool reports.

The White House corrected the oversight and settled up the tab by the end of the business day.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/06/white-house-forgets-to-pay-fathers-day-lunch-tab/

ConHog
06-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Why is this a surprise? Obama expects someone else to pay his $5 trillion dollar plus spending spree

I'm sure that was just an oversight and for sure the POTUS isn't carrying around money or a debit card, nor should he need to; but here' s my question.

Why the fuck is the boy king constantly out on our dime? He has a five star chef at the white house, why didn't he invite these folks over to his crib for lunch?

red states rule
06-14-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm sure that was just an oversight and for sure the POTUS isn't carrying around money or a debit card, nor should he need to; but here' s my question.

Why the fuck is the boy king constantly out on our dime? He has a five star chef at the white house, why didn't he invite these folks over to his crib for lunch?

I ams ure it was an ovesight but it does show how detatched thi bunch is. I am sure someone in his group carroied a few bucks or a debit card

CH maybe Obama is fed up with Michelle and her BS "healthy" menu and that is why he eats out so much

ConHog
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I ams ure it was an ovesight but it does show how detatched thi bunch is. I am sure someone in his group carroied a few bucks or a debit card

CH maybe Obama is fed up with Michelle and her BS "healthy" menu and that is why he eats out so much

It's not just the eating out, it's the multiple vacations, lavish parties, etc etc etc. you know if it was his own money and he was living that lifestyle who cares, but damn.............

red states rule
06-14-2012, 07:00 PM
It's not just the eating out, it's the multiple vacations, lavish parties, etc etc etc. you know if it was his own money and he was living that lifestyle who cares, but damn.............

CH that is what liberals are all about. Living it up on other people's money. As long as they are not the ones paying the bill why should they care about the cost?

and if you complain you are tagged a racist by the Obama lovers

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2012, 10:15 PM
you guys are overlooking the real surprise.....do you realize he was actually in Washington for a day?!......

red states rule
06-16-2012, 04:52 AM
and remember folks, Obama was recently whining how he was "surprised" by the massive defcits he has run up. He tried to blame Republicans lying how Republicans stuck him with the check for a steak dinner

President Obama subtly attacked Mitt Romney for being wealthy, suggesting that he hasn't "spent time in the real world" and so has not received the necessary preparation to occupy the White House.

"Those of us who have spent time in the real world understand that the problem is not that the American people aren't productive enough," Obama said during a fundraiser today, after saying that Romney believes that America "automatically" prospers when the wealthy profit. "[Romney says] his 25 years in the private sector gives him a special understanding of how the economy works, [so] my question is why are you running with the same bad ideas that brought our economy to the brink of disaster?"

Obama was referring to Romney's call to extend the Bush tax rates, which the president would like to raise.

The president also said that Republicans, not Democrats, caused the current budget crisis. "I love listening to these guys give us lectures about debt and deficits. I inherited a trillion dollar deficit!" he said. Obama compared Republicans to a person who orders a steak dinner and martini and then, "just as you're sitting down, they leave, and accuse you of running up the tab."

The Government Accountability Office reported (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/gao-unprecedented-govt-spending-hurting-economy) last fall that federal debt had increased from $8.9 trillion to $14.7 trillion between 2007 and 2011. It increase $3 trillion over the first three years of Obama's presidency.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-gop-stuck-me-steak-dinner-tab/594276