PDA

View Full Version : Is It true

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Is it true that a woman's outer beauty is less important that her inner beauty?
I remember long ago an old man told me that the difference between an ordinary woman and an beautiful , sexy hottie was usually about a 12 pack. :laugh:
For really slow guys a case...

Kathianne
06-14-2012, 10:25 PM
I think for men and women, their real worth is their minds and morals. I'll admit I didn't really learn that lesson unil my late 30's. While I chose my ex for his mind, his body and appetites matched mine.

He couldn't handle the kids at 7=10. Now he's dealing with 2 new ones, not well.

gabosaurus
06-14-2012, 10:32 PM
The old bar holds true in many cases -- a 2 at 10 is a 10 at 2.
Otherwise, despite protestations to the contrary, men and women are both quite superficial. Inside beauty usually seals the deal, but the deal is never started until the initial attraction has been made.
Let's say a man goes into a bar (or other meeting place) and meets two women. The first is unattractive, but exceptional in many other ways. The second is gorgeous and has large boobs, but she is an axe murderer who kills or maims her partners.
The man will always choose the axe murderer.

logroller
06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Otherwise, despite protestations to the contrary, men and women are both quite superficial. Inside beauty usually seals the deal, but the deal is never started until the initial attraction has been made.
Let's say a man goes into a bar (or other meeting place) and meets two women. The first is unattractive, but exceptional in many other ways. The second is gorgeous and has large boobs, but she is an axe murderer who kills or maims her partners.
What kind of axe and what is she wearing?
I'm a detail oriented kind of guy.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2012, 06:44 AM
I think for men and women, their real worth is their minds and morals. I'll admit I didn't really learn that lesson unil my late 30's. While I chose my ex for his mind, his body and appetites matched mine.

He couldn't handle the kids at 7=10. Now he's dealing with 2 new ones, not well.

It took me two failed marriages before I decided to look for primarily the inner beauty and luckily I found a lady that had both. I had friends that drank heavily and they told me stories about going home with beauty queens and waking up the next day with godzilla. The lucky ones where the ones that had the drunken memory lose of what happened the night before. Of course it's possible that the godzilla had a similiar tale to tell her friends as well. Luckily , I've never mistakenly gone home with a next day "godzilla". A few gold diggers but no godzilla. I'm thinking that the gold digger is worse.

Dilloduck
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Is it true that a woman's outer beauty is less important that her inner beauty?
I remember long ago an old man told me that the difference between an ordinary woman and an beautiful , sexy hottie was usually about a 12 pack. :laugh:
For really slow guys a case...

It depends on what you're planning to do with her.

Thunderknuckles
06-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Quoted for truth :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
It depends on what you're planning to do with her.

A bit more than just hold her hand and a lot more if she is sexy and willing!
Of course that was back when I was single. Now I stay home and stay out of woman trouble.
The wife frowns on sharing me! She bees a selfish creature!--:lol:-Tyr

logroller
06-15-2012, 06:58 PM
A bit more than just hold her hand and a lot more if she is sexy and willing!
Of course that was back when I was single. Now I stay home and stay out of woman trouble.
The wife frowns on sharing me! She bees a selfish creature!--:lol:-Tyr

I manage to stay home and get into woman trouble. :dunno:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I manage to stay home and get into woman trouble. :dunno:

I'm jealous because that clearly indicates that you have REAL TALENT!-;)--Tyr

logroller
06-15-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm jealous because that clearly indicates that you have REAL TALENT!-;)--Tyr
I don't if its talent or a wife and two preteen daughters.:beer:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't if its talent or a wife and two preteen daughters.:beer:

Trust me, it's either talent or else a very hard head. And possibly both.-;)

Shadow
06-16-2012, 07:57 AM

True. The first woman doesn't even have to be unattractive. The second can be less attractive than the first, but dressed like a slut.
They will STILL pick the slutty axe murderer.

Then later whine about why they always end up with axe murderers. ;)

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 10:50 AM
True. The first woman doesn't even have to be unattractive. The second can be less attractive than the first, but dressed like a slut.
They will STILL pick the slutty axe murderer.

Then later whine about why they always end up with axe murderers. ;)

That's just the first step in picking up a new chick. :dance:

Shadow
06-16-2012, 11:01 AM
That's just the first step in picking up a new chick. :dance:

Beware of flying whiskey bottles....along with the.... :boobies:

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Beware of flying whiskey bottles....along with the.... :boobies:

Sometimes it's the price ya gotta pay but not one ya wannna pay consistently. We have our limits ya know.

Shadow
06-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Sometimes it's the price ya gotta pay but not one ya wannna pay consistently. We have our limits ya know.

Before or after the concussion?

aboutime
06-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Many years ago. Almost 4 decades now. When I was a drinker. I mean...a real, hard-core, stumbling, slurred vision, and speech drinker.
Every woman sitting on any stool behind a glass of any liquid...looked like the Most Beautiful Woman on Earth.

Just ask any Alcoholic like me.
We've seen the ugliest, dirtiest, threatening women become the Girls of our Dreams...with just one tiny SIP.

Hiccup....

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Many years ago. Almost 4 decades now. When I was a drinker. I mean...a real, hard-core, stumbling, slurred vision, and speech drinker.
Every woman sitting on any stool behind a glass of any liquid...looked like the Most Beautiful Woman on Earth.

Just ask any Alcoholic like me.
We've seen the ugliest, dirtiest, threatening women become the Girls of our Dreams...with just one tiny SIP.

Hiccup....

Don't apologize. Women have been known to gulp a few to improve the men in the joint too. :cheers2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Don't apologize. Women have been known to gulp a few to improve the men in the joint too. :cheers2:
Other than being a bar customer , I have also worked in taverns/clubs as a bouncer.
And will have to agree with your statement because there were nights when 90% of the crowd was guys no woman would dare take home to meet thier mother!
Even 3 baggers wouldnt go with most of them!-:laugh:

Shadow
06-16-2012, 07:32 PM

That is because some women are afraid to be alone. They need the approval of men (and other women). Society tries to make it seem like without a partner...a person can not be whole or fulfilled.

Shadow
06-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Other than being a bar customer , I have also worked in taverns/clubs as a bouncer.
And will have to agree with your statement because there were nights when 90% of the crowd was guys no woman would dare take home to meet thier mother!
Even 3 baggers wouldnt go with most of them!-:laugh:

I'm sure you have lots of interesting stories. :thumb:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm sure you have lots of interesting stories. :thumb:

Of course , one can not be around a bunch of drunk, crazy dancing men and women 3 to 4 nights a week for over 25 years total without having some stories to tell. However, I do believe that this isnt the place to talk about that.-Tyr

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 10:33 PM
That is because some women are afraid to be alone. They need the approval of men (and other women). Society tries to make it seem like without a partner...a person can not be whole or fulfilled.

I'll take care of you honey-----don't get drunk and run off with another guy !

hjmick
06-25-2012, 07:33 PM
An old man once told me that beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone...

taft2012
06-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I've only been here a short time, and maybe it's my imagination...

... but has anybody else noticed how Sassy's legs aren't aging at all well?

Kathianne
06-25-2012, 08:26 PM

My friend and I were talking today at lunch, that the women we know that got divorced after more than 10 years of marriage, were not in a hurry to get remarried. Men on the other hand seem to often go from divorce to remarriage within a year. My comment it probably is indicative of how much one's life was improved, or not, by marriage.

Most women on their own, when the kids are grown are perfectly comfortable having friends over and going on vacations alone or with friends. Most men, whether divorced or widowed seem to turn to frozen foods and friends that invite them over.

gabosaurus
06-25-2012, 10:03 PM
My friend and I were talking today at lunch, that the women we know that got divorced after more than 10 years of marriage, were not in a hurry to get remarried. Men on the other hand seem to often go from divorce to remarriage within a year. My comment it probably is indicative of how much one's life was improved, or not, by marriage.

If the woman in question has kids, she is more worried about the needs of her kids than those of herself.
The man, on the other had, now has more money and less responsibilities. He has time to go find another partner.

Which bring me to today's male pickup story of the day. :cool:

A guy goes into a bar looking to pick up a girl. He has been sitting there for two hours without any luck when he sees another guy come in. Within five minutes, the guy has found a girl and left with her.
After watching the same thing happen for several days in a row, the unlucky guy finally asks the lucky guy for his secret. The lucky guy says "buy me a drink and I'll tell you."
One drink later, the lucky guy says "It's simple. I find a girl I like, approach her and say 'my dear lady, what do you do for a living?' She tells me and then asks me what I do. I tell her I am a terrorist. Usually the woman will ask 'what makes you a terrorist?' I point to my pants and say 'I'm hiding a weapon of mass destruction.' "

Kathianne
06-25-2012, 10:13 PM
If the woman in question has kids, she is more worried about the needs of her kids than those of herself.
The man, on the other had, now has more money and less responsibilities. He has time to go find another partner.

Which bring me to today's male pickup story of the day. :cool:

A guy goes into a bar looking to pick up a girl. He has been sitting there for two hours without any luck when he sees another guy come in. Within five minutes, the guy has found a girl and left with her.
After watching the same thing happen for several days in a row, the unlucky guy finally asks the lucky guy for his secret. The lucky guy says "buy me a drink and I'll tell you."
One drink later, the lucky guy says "It's simple. I find a girl I like, approach her and say 'my dear lady, what do you do for a living?' She tells me and then asks me what I do. I tell her I am a terrorist. Usually the woman will ask 'what makes you a terrorist?' I point to my pants and say 'I'm hiding a weapon of mass destruction.' "

The children certainly play a part, no argument there. However it's also true of women that have finished raising their kids or get divorced when the children are 'adults.' I'm thinking that in truly miserable marriages, men still get more out of it than women. That is not lost on the women.

gabosaurus
06-25-2012, 10:17 PM
The children certainly play a part, no argument there. However it's also true of women that have finished raising their kids or get divorced when the children are 'adults.' I'm thinking that in truly miserable marriages, men still get more out of it than women. That is not lost on the women.

Very true. Most women feel love in their hearts. Most men feel love in their pants. Heartbreaks are more difficult to get over. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
06-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Very true. Most women feel love in their hearts. Most men feel love in their pants. Heartbreaks are more difficult to get over. :rolleyes:

I never said the women are celibate. They haven't a problem 'loving them' but not going to the alter. Indeed, one of our common friends had a guy that on his own decided to divorce his wife and then wanted to get married to her, after less than 5 months! The answer was, "No." Unsurprisingly he tried to get back with his wife, the answer was, "No."

Shadow
06-25-2012, 11:09 PM

Most women on their own, when the kids are grown are perfectly comfortable having friends over and going on vacations alone or with friends. Most men, whether divorced or widowed seem to turn to frozen foods and friends that invite them over.

I would have to agree with that. I hated being married. Once free of that relationship I have never even really considered doing it again. Although... I have friends that wouldn't know what to do with themselves without their spouse. And they are constantly trying to hook me up....think I am missing out. :)

It's been my experience with the men I have known (that wanted out of a marriage)...had a woman waiting in the wings. The only men that stayed single for a long period of time...were the ones the wives left first.

Kathianne
06-25-2012, 11:55 PM
I would have to agree with that. I hated being married. Once free of that relationship I have never even really considered doing it again. Although... I have friends that wouldn't know what to do with themselves without their spouse. And they are constantly trying to hook me up....think I am missing out. :)

It's been my experience with the men I have known (that wanted out of a marriage)...had a woman waiting in the wings. The only men that stayed single for a long period of time...were the ones the wives left first.

I have many friends whom wouldn't want to live without their spouses, for good reasons. Hell, if I had a spouse like theirs, I wouldn't want out either. They are good, not perfect men. Problem as one gets older, the men that have been rejected by others, usually for cause. Those that never married, other problems in most instances.

SassyLady
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
I recently divorced (5/15/12). We split up in September 2009. My ex never even dated someone for the first two years (we were together for 18 years before separating). I still have not dated anyone. We were still in love, still care deeply for each other, however, our lives diverged on different paths when he was transferred to another town two hours away. We drifted apart.

About six months ago he found a new love. I am happy for him and hope it works out because he deserves a good woman's love because he is a good man.

I don't think I'll ever remarry....however, I have a male friend (known each other for over 20 years) and we've decided that we want to be companions for each other ..... neither of us wants it to be sexual. He's 65 and never been married, has no children or siblings. I am his executor and trustee .... we have wills giving every thing we have to my daughter and grandchildren.

I see no reason to remarry. I do sometimes wonder what I would do if I did meet someone new that knocked me for a loop? Would I feel guilty because of the commitment I've made to my friend? I guess I'll cross that bridge if I ever come to it.

SassyLady
06-26-2012, 12:25 AM
I've only been here a short time, and maybe it's my imagination...

... but has anybody else noticed how Sassy's legs aren't aging at all well?

My legs are aging well? Are you insinuating they are less than perfect?

Kathianne
06-26-2012, 12:56 AM
I recently divorced (5/15/12). We split up in September 2009. My ex never even dated someone for the first two years (we were together for 18 years before separating). I still have not dated anyone. We were still in love, still care deeply for each other, however, our lives diverged on different paths when he was transferred to another town two hours away. We drifted apart.

About six months ago he found a new love. I am happy for him and hope it works out because he deserves a good woman's love because he is a good man.

I don't think I'll ever remarry....however, I have a male friend (known each other for over 20 years) and we've decided that we want to be companions for each other ..... neither of us wants it to be sexual. He's 65 and never been married, has no children or siblings. I am his executor and trustee .... we have wills giving every thing we have to my daughter and grandchildren.

I see no reason to remarry. I do sometimes wonder what I would do if I did meet someone new that knocked me for a loop? Would I feel guilty because of the commitment I've made to my friend? I guess I'll cross that bridge if I ever come to it.

While a complex reply, I think typical of many. Myself included. Funny thing at lunch today, I told my best friend since we were 2 & 3, that the ex tried to 'win me back' after his marriage. Not going into details, but whenever have any of you seen me posting anything other than adversarial?

It was creepy for a year or so, I kept telling him, "You're married, shut up!" then hanging up on him. Seriously weird.

Shadow
06-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Since the topic kinda went in the direction of divorce I decided to post this here. Just an article I found on the subject while looking at the news articles this morning. Incase anyone is interested in reading it.

Why So Many Baby Boomers are Getting Divorced

Whatever happened to til death do us part?
My wife and I will celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary this month and we are still best friends. But that isnt the norm nowadays.
A few weeks ago we learned friends of ours who had been married for 32 years were heading to divorce court; he was having an affair with his secretary and his wife had no idea.
The divorce rate among boomers has jumped recently and that number is only expected to climb. Statistics from the National Center for Family & Marriage Research at Bowling Green State University show that despite the overall divorce rate in the U.S. dropping over the last 20 years, the divorce rate among people age 50 and over has doubled

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/06/23/why-so-many-baby-boomers-are-getting-divorced/#ixzz1yu0Y4zqO

gabosaurus
06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/epic-fail-photos-dating-fails-see-men-do-care.jpg

Abbey Marie
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM

I think the bug-killing carries a lot of weight. ;)

ConHog
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM

I was single for almost ten years after my divorce. I SWORE I'd never get married again no matter what.

Then I met The Beaner.

never ever say never.