PDA

View Full Version : Shocker

Kathianne
06-14-2012, 10:36 PM
June 14, 2012

ID Required At Obama Speech But Not To Vote Fire it up (http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/06/14/id-required-obama-speech-not-vote?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1xp8tusNh) 53

<iframe title="Twitter Tweet Button" style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1338995330.html#_=1339731302322&count=horizontal&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fnation.foxnews.com%2 Fbarack-obama%2F2012%2F06%2F14%2Fid-required-obama-speech-not-vote%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwi tter%23ixzz1xp8tusNh&size=m&text=ID%20Required%20At%20Obama%20Speech%20But%20N ot%20To%20Vote%20-%20Barack%20Obama%20-%20Fox%20Nation&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnation.foxnews.com%2Fbarack-obama%2F2012%2F06%2F14%2Fid-required-obama-speech-not-vote%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwi tter" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>
<fb:like layout="button_count" show_faces="true" height="35" width="130" action="recommend"></fb:like>
Share (http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/06/14/id-required-obama-speech-not-vote?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#)

http://nation.foxnews.com/sites/nation.foxnews.com/files/styles/dv1/public/614_ID.gif AP
Obama Campaign Checks IDs At The Door

CLEVELAND — President Barack Obama's presidential campaign checked the identification of the supporters attending Obama's "framing" event at Cuyahoga Community College today. The 1,500 supporters in attendance picked up tickets at campaign offices in Northeast Ohio beginning on Monday, though tickets to the event made no mention of an ID requirement.

Jessica Kershaw, the Obama campaign's Ohio Press Secretary, confirmed in a statement to BuzzFeed that the campaign checked every supporter's identification at the door. "We checked every ID at the door to make sure it matched with the name on the ticket that supporters filled out," she said. "We did this for every person who came in."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/06/14/id-required-obama-speech-not-vote?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1xpUPFxEH

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Just more hypocrisy from the usual suspects. A glaring refutation of thier demand that their be no picture/validated ID for voters. Of course they will scream that it is all about not allowing voter discrimination but the truth is that it is about allowing the illegal votes cast to stand. As is their stand that illegals should be given the right to vote! It is a sad day in this nation when the concerns of lawbreakers takes higher priority than that of it's lawabiding , tax paying citizens. I think that it is bad that politicians sell out in their careers for job security but far worse when an entire political party does so and never looks back. The former has been around a very long time with a lesser degree of harm than the latter a fairly recent action that has mushroomed into a crisis. An economic crisis much of which can be traced back to government policies that catered to special interests rather than the health and welfare of the nation. Let us hope that this election will be won by the right party and that party will then concentrate far more on correction of the problem rather than the usual course of greed and satisfaction.

Thunderknuckles
06-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Even Obama knows that voter ID is a common sense idea. However, with 7.4% of the vote in 2008 being comprised of latinos who mostly vote Democrat, he's not gonna rock that boat. It would very likely cost him the election with how close the polling is.

red state
06-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Tyr,

You know that I did not get to vote during the 2008 Presidential Election. After 20+ years of voting in the same district, living in the same house and voting as I always have, a 'mistake' was made regarding my vote (which had been recorded as already being made in another district). That person was not me and although I filled out the necessary paperwork to correct this problem, I doubt my vote counted before the tally up was made that night. Voter ID is crucial to our Nations survival (as a FREE Nation). ACORN proved this when the dead, illegals and shady cast votes over and over and over.

We should address this as soon as possible before Nov. but we should also address the fact that we have a President with OTHER citizenry. There is already a law/restriction put into place for this offense but we have not enforced it. I could care less about the other junk flying around concerning whether he was actually born in Hawaii or not. My concern is his associations with ACORN, home-grown terrorists, his connection through years of mu-SLUM contacts, teachers and father(s) and his citizenship under the UK/Kenya and Indonesia. Still, the hypocrisy is there and we MUST abide by the foundation that our forefathers set and preserve one of the most important things that a USA [citizen] can do....LEGALLY VOTE!!!

Thunderknuckles
06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/15/obama-administration-to-offer-immunity-to-younger-immigrants/
Well there you go. Work permits for young illegals. Not only will he not rock the boat, he's gonna send it south to pick up more illegals lol.
Actually, from a campaign standpoint, this will probably secure the latino vote for him. I have no idea what Romney can do to counter this little gem.

aboutime
06-15-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/15/obama-administration-to-offer-immunity-to-younger-immigrants/
Well there you go. Work permits for young illegals. Not only will he not rock the boat, he's gonna send it south to pick up more illegals lol.
Actually, from a campaign standpoint, this will probably secure the latino vote for him. I have no idea what Romney can do to counter this little gem.

Why isn't Obama talking to the 10 to 20 million Americans..who are citizens that are on Unemployment?
We all know. This is nothing but another Obama NEED to make certain the Hispanic vote will fall his way in November. Politics has been Obama's mantra since long before he became a Senator.
Unfortunately for Obama. He also thinks a large percentage of possible Hispanic voters are Stupid, and as Easily led as that woman who Declared that Obama would pay for her gas, and her mortgage.
Moves like this still tend to convince me. The Obamaidiot and pretender. Really doesn't want to have a 2nd term.
It's another case of him Intentionaly Cutting off his NOSE, EARS, FAT SMILE to spite his Face, and the American people.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Tyr,

You know that I did not get to vote during the 2008 Presidential Election. After 20+ years of voting in the same district, living in the same house and voting as I always have, a 'mistake' was made regarding my vote (which had been recorded as already being made in another district). That person was not me and although I filled out the necessary paperwork to correct this problem, I doubt my vote counted before the tally up was made that night. Voter ID is crucial to our Nations survival (as a FREE Nation). ACORN proved this when the dead, illegals and shady cast votes over and over and over.

We should address this as soon as possible before Nov. but we should also address the fact that we have a President with OTHER citizenry. There is already a law/restriction put into place for this offense but we have not enforced it. I could care less about the other junk flying around concerning whether he was actually born in Hawaii or not. My concern is his associations with ACORN, home-grown terrorists, his connection through years of mu-SLUM contacts, teachers and father(s) and his citizenship under the UK/Kenya and Indonesia. Still, the hypocrisy is there and we MUST abide by the foundation that our forefathers set and preserve one of the most important things that a USA [citizen] can do....LEGALLY VOTE!!!

My friend , the guy is a bad apple dressed up to be a sweet pie. As soon as the pie gets tasted the truth comes flowing out. America has tasted that false pie and the bitter taste has fouled it's appetite! The problem is that far too many have accepted the bitter in exchange for the goodies given as sweet bribes for their votes! I am firmly convinced that this election will either make or break this nation! Just a guess but I think more dead people will vote Dem than ever before. Perhaps obama truly is a God because we will see many dead people voting soon. What is so strange is that they all seem to vote Dem, perhaps it is something in the soil!:laugh:
What do ya think?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Why isn't Obama talking to the 10 to 20 million Americans..who are citizens that are on Unemployment?
We all know. This is nothing but another Obama NEED to make certain the Hispanic vote will fall his way in November. Politics has been Obama's mantra since long before he became a Senator.
Unfortunately for Obama. He also thinks a large percentage of possible Hispanic voters are Stupid, and as Easily led as that woman who Declared that Obama would pay for her gas, and her mortgage.
Moves like this still tend to convince me. The Obamaidiot and pretender. Really doesn't want to have a 2nd term.
It's another case of him Intentionaly Cutting off his NOSE, EARS, FAT SMILE to spite his Face, and the American people.

He prefers talking to bought out voters and those that are still blinded by his previous bullcrap.
Before election day has come he will give away more than just work amnesty cards to an estimate 800,000 18 to 30 year old illegals. That when millions of suffering Americans are desperately seeking work from that ever dwindling number of available jobs!
He is very likely to put us further into debt by giving away more billions in mortgage forgiveness, student loan forgiveness and even secretly promising amnesty in his second term if elected.
Rome fell because of internal greed , corruption and the fact that it's leadership could be bought by the highest bidder! Such people provided very poor leadership and ever increasing corruption. We are not far from that point.
This election will decide if we turn toward the high road or race further down the low road to destruction!-Tyr

red state
06-16-2012, 12:18 AM
I don't think it is soil from which THEY came!!! It is close to being soil and is really, Really, REALLY good for soil but it ain't soil...it is soiling our Nation tho (THAT'S FOR CERTAIN). I agree that we are at the make it or break it point...especially what B.O. is trying or has done this week!!! He knows this will be overturned. Only question is will it be overturned (if it actually goes through) BEFORE the 2012 election. That is the only thing hes doing this for...the illegal votes from our border invaders and their offspring.

My friend , the guy is a bad apple dressed up to be a sweet pie. As soon as the pie gets tasted the truth comes flowing out. America has tasted that false pie and the bitter taste has fouled it's appetite! The problem is that far too many have accepted the bitter in exchange for the goodies given as sweet bribes for their votes! I am firmly convinced that this election will either make or break this nation! Just a guess but I think more dead people will vote Dem than ever before. Perhaps obama truly is a God because we will see many dead people voting soon. What is so strange is that they all seem to vote Dem, perhaps it is something in the soil!:laugh:
What do ya think?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't think it is soil from which THEY came!!! It is close to being soil and is really, Really, REALLY good for soil but it ain't soil...it is soiling our Nation tho (THAT'S FOR CERTAIN). I agree that we are at the make it or break it point...especially what B.O. is trying or has done this week!!! He knows this will be overturned. Only question is will it be overturned (if it actually goes through) BEFORE the 2012 election. That is the only thing hes doing this for...the illegal votes from our border invaders and their offspring.

Sure , he is doing it for the votes. He also is sure that it will further divide his opposition as we take sides on this issue! Look my friend, there will not be a diry trick or stone left unturned by this scum in his attempt to gain four more years to shaft we Americans and weaken this nation. Remember who his handler is = George Soros! Now I call that real scum as well. -Tyr

Gaffer
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM
You all talk like his winning the next election would only give him four more years. You can bet he would get rid of the two term limit as soon as he can. He intends to be dictator for life. We're not talking about an honorable man serving his country.

aboutime
06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
You all talk like his winning the next election would only give him four more years. You can bet he would get rid of the two term limit as soon as he can. He intends to be dictator for life. We're not talking about an honorable man serving his country.

As I've said many times in the past. If Obama does win in November. All of America is threatened by total Ignorance, and the efforts to destroy our nation, once, and for all.
I don't fear it for myself. My years are numbered. But, when I look at our five grandchildren. All of whom have no idea what being in debt...to the tune of 50K, before they are old enough to vote. Turns my stomach, and makes me really angry...I won't be around to guide them before they experience living in Europe, between the Atlantic, and Pacific Oceans.

red states rule
06-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Why does Obozo hate poor people and want to disenfranchise their right to attend his speeches?

Gaffer
06-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Why does Obozo hate poor people and want to disenfranchise their right to attend his speeches?

Because they can't fill his pockets. They can only give him power over them.

red states rule
06-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Because they can't fill his pockets. They can only give him power over them.

http://picturrs.com/files/funzug/imgs/funnypics/obama_mad_cover_02.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2012, 04:36 PM

Trust me , I have no doubt that he could well do that too! His getting another term will one way or another lead to this nation's downfall! I believe that with every part of my mind and soul..
Americans could well vote their own demise because of their ignorance and carelessness.
Same as aboutime, I fear greatly for my children and grandchildren , not for myself. -Tyr

red states rule
06-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Trust me , I have no doubt that he could well do that too! His getting another term will one way or another lead to this nation's downfall! I believe that with every part of my mind and soul..
Americans could well vote their own demise because of their ignorance and carelessness.
Same as aboutime, I fear greatly for my children and grandchildren , not for myself. -Tyr

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/SPSKyCMl8uI/AAAAAAAAUbo/FWGteZ4QQig/s400/Fun_With_Obama_13.jpg

mundame
06-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I've come to believe that only people who pay taxes should get to vote.

That was the history of voting since the 16th century and across early America, too. We've changed the franchise for the worse.

People who only take but don't pay in shouldn't get to vote on public officials or other public issues, IMO.

Dilloduck
06-16-2012, 10:49 PM

That was the history of voting since the 16th century and across early America, too. We've changed the franchise for the worse.

People who only take but don't pay in shouldn't get to vote on public officials or other public issues, IMO.

May as well----whoever gets elected does anything they feel like doing.

ConHog
06-16-2012, 11:06 PM

I believe in voter exams but tax status shouldn't be the litmus

red states rule
06-17-2012, 04:52 AM

If only taxpayers get to vote then Dems would never win another national election. When they whine how taxes need to go up then a majority of voters would fire their ass

When you have 50% of the people paying ZERO income taxes, they don't care if taxes go up on others

But if they are told they will have to pay taxes (or more) then you would hear an angry response

Kathianne
06-17-2012, 09:44 AM

Well here's the thing, all pay taxes. Some also pay property taxes, while still able to avoid Federal Income Taxes, by either income alone or loopholes in the law.

At the same time, CH idea of a 'test' is a worse idea, IMO.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Well here's the thing, all pay taxes. Some also pay property taxes, while still able to avoid Federal Income Taxes, by either income alone or loopholes in the law.

At the same time, CH idea of a 'test' is a worse idea, IMO.

Yes terrible idea to make sure we have an educated voting base.

Im not talking snobbery of only allowing the elite to vote. But if a person cant even answer a few basic civics questions. No vote.

I seriously doubt anyone who posts on this board would fail said exam, just as an example

Kathianne
06-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Yes terrible idea to make sure we have an educated voting base.

Im not talking snobbery of only allowing the elite to vote. But if a person cant even answer a few basic civics questions. No vote.

I seriously doubt anyone who posts on this board would fail said exam, just as an example

The "People" are not only the educated and those with means. Even the derelict has rights, check out public defenders. Up a rung or two are those that never mastered basic civics. Still and all, they are impacted by government. If they get their body to the polls and (hopefully) have to prove with ID they are whom they present to be, they should be able to vote. If they can't write, their 'mark' will suffice.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 09:55 AM
The "People" are not only the educated and those with means. Even the derelict has rights, check out public defenders. Up a rung or two are those that never mastered basic civics. Still and all, they are impacted by government. If they get their body to the polls and (hopefully) have to prove with ID they are whom they present to be, they should be able to vote. If they can't write, their 'mark' will suffice.

If we can require voters to show id, and i believe we can, then we can also rewuire an exam

Kathianne
06-17-2012, 10:04 AM
If we can require voters to show id, and i believe we can, then we can also rewuire an exam

I agree that a requirement to prove identity may be required. I don't think that narrowing the franchise though will happen. We must agree to disagree.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 10:10 AM
I agree that a requirement to prove identity may be required. I don't think that narrowing the franchise though will happen. We must agree to disagree.

Oh, we agree it isnt likely to happen. But it should happen.

You dont think, just as an example, that those who didnt even know that the platform. They were cheeering about obama having was actually mccains platform or that palin was not obamas running mate should have been prxludd from voting?

Kathianne
06-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh, we agree it isnt likely to happen. But it should happen.

You dont think, just as an example, that those who didnt even know that the platform. They were cheeering about obama having was actually mccains platform or that palin was not obamas running mate should have been prxludd from voting?

Now you have me wondering what sort of 'test' you have in mind. One that requires 'voters' to know both platforms of two major parties? What about Libertarian? What about laws passed in past 4 or 6 years? What about foreign policy? You are not talking basic civics, but someone who spends more time reading news than working and taking care of family.

ConHog
06-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Now you have me wondering what sort of 'test' you have in mind. One that requires 'voters' to know both platforms of two major parties? What about Libertarian? What about laws passed in past 4 or 6 years? What about foreign policy? You are not talking basic civics, but someone who spends more time reading news than working and taking care of family.

Ive posted my ideas before and im on my phone atm so wont go in detail again here. But no just basic stuff. And certainly knowing the vp candidate of the two major parties is pretty basic

red state
06-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Getting back on topic, the first post says it all. Personally, I'll be content to have voter ID. We can work the rest out later but that, and getting rid of organizations that Obama trained, such as ACORN, will do wonders for any elections.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/06/14/id-required-obama-speech-not-vote?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1xpUPFxEH

gabosaurus
06-19-2012, 12:03 AM
This thread makes no sense at all.
I am guessing that IDs are required at Romney fundraising events as well. You need to be able to prove you are who you say you are.
I am dismayed that Kathleen would post the same type of cheap, pandering thread that RSR normally goes for.
You need a driver's license to operate a vehicle, but you don't need one to vote. Obviously this just started in January of 2009. :rolleyes:

red states rule
06-19-2012, 02:25 AM
This thread makes no sense at all.
I am guessing that IDs are required at Romney fundraising events as well. You need to be able to prove you are who you say you are.
I am dismayed that Kathleen would post the same type of cheap, pandering thread that RSR normally goes for.
You need a driver's license to operate a vehicle, but you don't need one to vote. Obviously this just started in January of 2009. :rolleyes:

Actually Gabby this is not the first time Dems have shown their hypocrisy on this issue. During the Obamacare Twon Halls where the voters turned out in huge numbers to oppose Obamacre Dems wanted to try and keep them away by demaqnding photo ID's

Case in poiint was a Dem in Texas

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx40/mmatters/TexasRepGreenReTownHallPhotoID0809.jpg

and he voted against photo ID's for voters